Texas Fishing Forum

Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony

Posted By: Bob Davis

Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 02:11 PM

Wife and I went there yesterday. Pretty cool store, two stories of stuff, all kinds of sporting goods, baseball, football, bowling, golf. Lots of guns, rifles, handguns, rifles of all types, shotguns. Lots of fishing rods, reels and tackle, kayaks, camping stuff etc. They had tons of .223 and 556 ammo. Mostly Wolf steel case, some remington and federal. Lots of Rifle ammo, .270, .308, etc. Tons of shotgun shells, target, dove, slugs and buckshot. Some handgun ammo. Mostly .40 and .22. The only 9mm or .45 I saw were a small number of specialty self defense loads. Lots of reloading stuff. Tons of gun accessory stuff.

Nice store to graze through. The signs said no limit on ammo purchases, perhaps why there was no common 9mm and .45.

They also have a Ferris wheel in the center of the store and a small arcade for kids. The prices were probably comparable to Bass Pro on some fishing stuff. I still can't believe 1/4 oz. Rattle Traps are $5.99 ea. WTH?

Anyway, that is my review.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lost again

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 02:16 PM

Nice review we haven’t been there yet
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 02:23 PM

Looks a lot like the one in Springfield, Ill. Cool store but I never really saw any deals or any local lures... Dan
Posted By: COFF

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 02:27 PM

What they have is mostly high-end. They have a wider variety of sports covered than you will find in any other single store. Unfortunately, you'll find that their diversity keeps them from being great at anything in particular. What they carry is good, but they just don't carry a great stock for any particular activity/sport.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 03:26 PM

I stopped by there a few weeks ago. Very impressed overall, but highly impressed with the selection in the fishing department.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 03:32 PM

It's too expensive, but the kids like to walk around the store. The whole Grandscape area is fun to hang out and walk around at night.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 03:35 PM

It’s a fun walk through, pricey though
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Scheels Outdoor store in the Colony - 08/20/21 05:54 PM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum