Texas Fishing Forum

Little taste of Utah

Posted By: ACES82

Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 02:38 AM

In Layton, UT for work this week, never did I think it would be this beautiful up here but it is. Heres a little taste of Utah.
From a little lake nestled in the mountains, to a small waterfall running into a creek to a Bison standing before a dried up section of the Great Salt Lake(Americas Dead Sea). All in all, a pretty cool place to visit!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 02:47 AM

Nice photos. I spent a lot of time in Utah with geology symposiums while I was working for Mobil Research & Development lab 87-95. I liked a lot of places in Utah, many outcrops, etc.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 02:50 AM

Nice thumb
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 02:55 AM

If you have a free day, a guided drift boat trip[align:left][/align] down the Green River below the dam is excellent trout fishing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:04 AM

Very nice. thumb
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:07 AM

I love Utah.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:13 AM

coolphotos
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:19 AM

When I was driving for FFE I had a couple of loads from Laredo to Ogden. First day was go to Laredo, pickup load and make it up to Del Rio. From there on day 2, I would make Albuquerque N.M. Day 2 from Albuquerque, up past Ship Rock, NM, into SW Colorado and then into Utah. Up through Moab and then US Hwy 6, via Soldier Pass, in Utah to Spanish Fork, where I would run out of hours. Next day into Ogden. US 6 going through Soldier Pass is a pretty doggone neat trip, if there isn't snow on the ground. Beautiful country with lots of history.

Real nice pictures OP.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
When I was driving for FFE I had a couple of loads from Laredo to Ogden. First day was go to Laredo, pickup load and make it up to Del Rio. From there on day 2, I would make Albuquerque N.M. Day 2 from Albuquerque, up past Ship Rock, NM, into SW Colorado and then into Utah. Up through Moab and then US Hwy 6, via Soldier Pass, in Utah to Spanish Fork, where I would run out of hours. Next day into Ogden. US 6 going through Soldier Pass is a pretty doggone neat trip, if there isn't snow on the ground. Beautiful country with lots of history.

Real nice pictures OP.

That sounds like a great trip for scenery-
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I love Utah.

Me too, I had some relatives move there and we went and spent a week with them, beautiful place and the folks we met while there were great.

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder

Real nice pictures OP.

That sounds pretty cool. I drove up to Huntsville then followed the creek back into Ogden. Would love to but I'm heading out tomorrow, I gotta keep that in my memory bank and come back on vacation for a few days when I can make a cool trip like that. Unfortunately I'm out of here tomorrow afternoon. Utah has surprised me in a good way.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:34 AM

Utah is a nice state, but if you eat out, remember to tell them not to put that disgusting fry sauce on your hamburger. They assume you want it unless you tell them otherwise. Freaks.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 04:13 AM

Yep, absolutely beautiful state!
Posted By: Sailor1180

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 04:24 AM

Never been there.
Beautiful..Thanks..
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 09:43 AM

coolphotos
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 09:57 AM

Gorgeous state... But they've got some (or did) screwy liquor laws... Dan
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 10:52 AM

Cool state, with some great scenic National Parks.

Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon and Zion are my favorites.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 12:43 PM

coolphotos thumb
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 12:48 PM

Nice scenery
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 12:55 PM

I love Utah. I went to BYU though, so I am biased.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 12:55 PM

Nice
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 01:28 PM

Bryan - I didn't know you were ACES82 on this forum. How have you been?

I've been in and through Utah a bunch of times and it is a beautiful place. Also a hunter's dream.

Anyway, take care Bryan.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 01:35 PM

beautiful state...great pictures...thanks for sharing with us...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 01:39 PM

Love the outdoor opportunities Utah offers. Lots to see and do. Nice pictures.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 01:44 PM

Beautiful photos

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman

That is a target rich environment for a man who wants to try white girls...beautiful white girls...good, clean, blonde-haired, blue eyed white girls!
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 04:06 PM

thumb
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

That is a target rich environment for a man who wants to try white girls...beautiful white girls...good, clean, blonde-haired, blue eyed white girls!

I’m fully aware. My fiancée is a blonde haired, blue eyed girl who was a BYU cheerleader and later a Utah Jazz cheerleader. We met in Provo our freshman year of college.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:08 PM

westwater canyon, colorado river from the state line for about 35 miles is some awesome river. fishing is great, almost no one stops to hit the pools.

got to do 3 trips for usgs/blm and some other scientists, green river to the colorado to lake powell.

mostly flatwater drifting, 30 days ea. trip and some excellent fun. all 3 took 8 rafts ea. trip, we had our own flotilla.

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

I’m fully aware. My fiancée is a blonde haired, blue eyed girl who was a BYU cheerleader and later a Utah Jazz cheerleader. We met in Provo our freshman year of college.

thumb Go forth and prosper young man...you have my full support and respect!

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:16 PM

one of the govt. contractors tests rocket engines and other wild stuff north of slc, saw the plumes a couple of times going thru there, major desolation.

great state, loved moab and all around there.

if you ever want to do one of the most desolate drives around, hit hwy 50 in western utah to reno. be sure your tank is full and you have some water.

then there is always skinwalker ranch too, do they do tours?
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:29 PM

Awesome pics
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:34 PM

Say hello to Aunt Jeannie. She's up around Provo.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/13/21 05:37 PM

coolphotos

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/15/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
one of the govt. contractors tests rocket engines and other wild stuff north of slc, saw the plumes a couple of times going thru there, major desolation.

if you ever want to do one of the most desolate drives around, hit hwy 50 in western utah to reno. be sure your tank is full and you have some water.

I would like to go to skinwalker ranch! Let me spend some time alone out there for like a week, see if anything REALLY happens or it’s just made up for tv.

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/15/21 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ACES82
Originally Posted by hopalong

I would like to go to skinwalker ranch! Let me spend some time alone out there for like a week, see if anything REALLY happens or it’s just made up for tv.

IN! I used to spend up to 3 months in the weimenuche wilderness only coming down for my hunters. loved it but you can get a little stir crazy sometimes, bears tend to shorten the occurrences tho. roflmao

there is nothing on this earth better than camping out under the stars in the western u.s. (minus any of the coastal states). some of the stuff you can see is beyond explanation.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Little taste of Utah - 08/16/21 01:48 PM

Beautiful
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum