Texas Fishing Forum

Another vax rant

Posted By: BigLeslie

Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:04 PM

I learned this today so I am trying to keep my emotions in check. My sister is an anti-vaxer who also happens to be in remission from leukemia after a bone marrow transplant. (Science saved her life, the irony.) She threatened to never be around us again when she learned my mom got vaccinated after I arranged it when the shot first became available. She lives next door to my mom, and just last week sis gets diagnosed with covid then she still decides to go on a trip to Galveston the next day on vacation with her family and grandkids. She gave it to her daughter inlaw and grandson. If you are going to be anti-vax fine, but for heaven’s sake at least quarantine when you test positive. If she had given it to my mom… bad things man, bad things.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:08 PM

Say it ain’t so!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:10 PM

Well. My sister lived in Los Angeles for years, now lives in Austin….so I guess we both have stupid sisters.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:10 PM

Wish it weren’t, this is the problem you can deny Covid is real, you can be anti-vax but it’s not just about you.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Well. My sister lived in Los Angeles for years, now lives in Austin….so I guess we both have stupid sisters.

Lol I needed that roflmao
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Another vax rant - 08/01/21 11:43 PM

I dont think her being anti vax and her ignoring having covid is the same. I have no issue with anti vax...... knowingly having covid and going out of town anyway is wrong and could eventually end up killing someone. Maybe someone you know, maybe some unlucky person you never meet.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:08 AM

Of course it’s the same. You always, always treat a gun like it’s loaded correct? The vaccine is a trigger lock, it is the only way to know that gun cannot go off. If you don’t use trigger locks at home your kids can still get that gun and it can kill. All of us are loaded guns unless we get vaccinated. No, it’s not 100%, maybe the metaphor is a bit strained but a lot of people around here like guns so why not.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:11 AM

Are the illegal immigrants that are being shipped all over the country by the current administration considered “loaded guns”?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:14 AM

I assume the immigrants are humans, correct? Then yes, if they aren’t vaxxed they are loaded guns like the rest of us homo sapiens that aren’t.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:18 AM

We are ALL loaded guns, vax or no vax!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:22 AM

Not having the vaccine, at least you might show some symptoms of covid. Most vaccinated folks will show no symptoms and are spreading it around.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by BigLeslie
I assume the immigrants are humans, correct? Then yes, if they aren’t vaxxed they are loaded guns like the rest of us homo sapiens that aren’t.

And the millions with natural immunity?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Topwater2

They can’t handle the truth, they are convinced they are immune. roflmao
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel

And the millions with natural immunity?

There for sure is very little mention of studies now about natural immunity. We are over 16 months into this with plenty of test subjects. Sure is quiet on that front.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:35 AM

Are the illegal immigrants that are being shipped all over the country by the current administration considered “loaded guns”?

Are you an illegal immigrant? Are you saying that the immigrants are spreading the virus. They shop at Walmart, go to Rangers games, eat out on lower greenville? They are here. We can’t stop what has already happened. Unfortunately, there is legal issues above our pay grade that dictate what we can, and cannot, do with these kids. Our country has laws, voted on by its citizens, that have consequences. The same thing that makes this country pretty great is also what makes situations like this difficult. I’d say “send em back” in a heartbeat. But…a majority of people in this country think differently than I do. So I have to grin and bare it. I wouldn’t let what is happening to these illegal immigrant children prevent me from making a rational decision that protects myself, my family, and others I interact with.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:39 AM

You can think our current idiot in chief and his clowns running the show for shipping these criminals all over the country while being positive for covid and turning them loose.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

We have friends and family that are vaxed and they have it bad!!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Are you an illegal immigrant? Are you saying that the immigrants are spreading the virus. They shop at Walmart, go to Rangers games, eat out on lower greenville? They are here. We can’t stop what has already happened. Unfortunately, there is legal issues above our pay grade that dictate what we can, and cannot, do with these kids. Our country has laws, voted on by its citizens, that have consequences. The same thing that makes this country pretty great is also what makes situations like this difficult. I’d say “send em back” in a heartbeat. But…a majority of people in this country think differently than I do. So I have to grin and bare it. I wouldn’t let what is happening to these illegal immigrant children prevent me from making a rational decision that protects myself, my family, and others I interact with.

I grin a lot, and barely bare it. cheers

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:59 AM

Yes,

Who are these idiots who think they are immune just because they are vaxxed and under what rock are they living??? Yes I am sure there are vaxxed people who still get infected, I certainly don’t think I am immune now that I have the shot and frankly I am glad I have a reason to avoid my stupid infected sister. Seriously, the data is clear if you are vaxxed your chances of being infected are much lower than not and if you don’t believe that or that you are going to be microchipped by Bill gates or some such, I only hope I am being trolled. I just want this all to go away, remember when we fought about school shootings….good times.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:04 AM

If you are scared stay home, mask up, gloves, face shields, go get more shots, just dont tell the rest of us what to do. That's not how it works

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:05 AM

Yes,

Who are these idiots who think they are immune just because they are vaxxed and under what rock are they living??? Yes I am sure there are vaxxed people who still get infected, I certainly don’t think I am immune now that I have the shot and frankly I am glad I have a reason to avoid my stupid infected sister. Seriously, the data is clear if you are vaxxed your chances of being infected are much lower than not and if you don’t believe that or that you are going to be microchipped by Bill gates or some such, I only hope I am being trolled. I just want this all to go away, remember when we fought about school shootings….good times.

I'm ready for it to go away as well.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:07 AM

Breakthrough cases are a really fancy way of saying your shot didn’t work.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:08 AM

Yes that is exactly how society works, seat belts, speed limits, laws against dangerous behavior that can kill others ARE something we are told not to do…get over yourself.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Breakthrough cases are a really fancy way of saying your shot didn’t work.

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:09 AM

When the vaccine became available, I got both of my elderly parents vaccinated as soon as I could get it done. It turns out, since my mother is taking Kytruda, her shots probably didn’t help her create antibodies. Your sister probably would not have had any antibodies either even if she did get vaccinated (assuming she is still taking some sort of immunotherapy type medicine)

That being said, going around others when you know you are sick is….. Not smart.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
If you are scared stay home, mask up, gloves, face shields, go get more shots, just dont tell the rest of us what to do. That's not how it works

YES!! Thank you!!
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:16 AM

The current issue at the border just highlights the absurdity of all the restrictive arguments, they are flooding into south Texas not vaxed not masked , then dispersed all over the country so yes they are the loaded gun you speak of.

Shutting down the border and the COVID streaming across daily might just build some credibility for these slime bags.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
The current issue at the border just highlights the absurdity of all the restrictive arguments, they are flooding into south Texas not vaxed not masked , then dispersed all over the country so yes they are the loaded gun you speak of.

Shutting down the border and the COVID streaming across daily might just build some credibility for these slime bags.

I don’t think it’s as easy as we’d like it to be. I’d go down there and hammer pickets if they’d let me.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:28 AM

That is what I cannot understand. No matter which party you support how is this even acceptable right now? They are trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:34 AM

I saw today where Fauci vehemently argues your rights to be non vaxed are no stronger than the person next to you’s rights to not catch the virus from you. ( in so many words)

Okay, if that is the government’s position then what about all the residents in south Texas’s rights to not be exposed to these carriers that our government not only encouraged to come here but is blatantly ignoring every single thing they say about the virus.

It’s the fricken twilight zone.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:37 AM

I have to add. I am not at all against our friends to the south wanting a better life and coming here to do so , I am all for that human betterment.

I am not however at all interested in the rest of the vermin mixing in with them from all parts of the world. They contribute nothing and at most have a minute fraction of the sense of family or work ethics of the Hispanic

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:40 AM

I saw today where Fauci vehemently argues your rights to be non vaxed are no stronger than the person next to you’s rights to not catch the virus from you. ( in so many words)

Okay, if that is the government’s position then what about all the residents in south Texas’s rights to not be exposed to these carriers that our government not only encouraged to come here but is blatantly ignoring every single thing they say about the virus.

It’s the fricken twilight zone.

First and foremost Fauci should not be talking about rights, politics or policy. His job is to be a medical expert not set policy and parade around as if he has some power. He should stick to his role advising the administration about COVID. He gets more TV time than Ryan Seacrest.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:42 AM

Don’t know how this thread made the leap over that border wall Mexico bought us but I don’t give a dam about legal or illegal immigrants as long as they are vaccinated. Which problem killed more than a half million Americans last year? Focus people.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:48 AM

Don’t know how this thread made the leap over that border wall Mexico bought us but I don’t give a dam about legal or illegal immigrants as long as they are vaccinated. Which problem killed more than a half million Americans last year? Focus people.

Do you think many of them are vaccinated?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:51 AM

I have to add. I am not at all against our friends to the south wanting a better life and coming here to do so , I am all for that human betterment.

I am not however at all interested in the rest of the vermin mixing in with them from all parts of the world. They contribute nothing and at most have a minute fraction of the sense of family or work ethics of the Hispanic

You're right, well said!!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:52 AM

Do you think many of them are vaccinated?

Do you think any of them are vaccinated? I'd say NOT.
Posted By: petro

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:54 AM

Why were you worried about your Mom? She got vaccine right? Did I misread that?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:03 AM

Yes, but she was around my mom after she tested positive and as we all know the vaccine is not 100%.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:04 AM

Absolutely and the ignorant morons who voted for him are loaded guns as well he campaigned on open borders half of america has blood on their hands, but then again they dont have many morals or ethics.....
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:09 AM

So, I guess I can smoke anywhere I want?
Posted By: The Searchers

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

Absolutely and the ignorant morons who voted for him are loaded guns as well he campaigned on open borders half of america has blood on their hands, but then again they dont have many morals or ethics.....

I’m thinking more like 1/4 of Americans max. The rest was just a big magic trick.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

Pot? Pole? What are we talking about here?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:16 AM

Yes, but she was around my mom after she tested positive and as we all know the vaccine is not 100%.

Since you’re in the know....what exactly is that vaccine %?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:16 AM

Others are not being mandated to get a vaccine or wear a mask because you smoke though
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave

The point is no one is an island and what we do affects others.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:20 AM

There’s no room for data in the OT, nothing is real anymore anyway.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave

The point is no one is an island and what we do affects others.

But at some point people have to start taking care of themselves. The tools are there to do so. It's time to stop 3xpecting the next guy to carry the weight. Its time for personal responsibility to kick in. Running g around expectin the government to mandate our way out of this is not prudent. Especially if that same government is talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:27 AM

Serious question here.

Does anyone think that there is anyone in America that HASN’T been exposed to Covid at this point?
Posted By: D.O.C.989

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:36 AM

Here is some factual data for you.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-thread-fauci-cdc-contradictions

Other facts are that thousands are catching the Delta variant but few are dying from it whether or not they are vaccinated. I had a post deleted on another site for saying each and every day more information comes out that is going to make liberals faces covered in egg.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:38 AM

Serious question here.

Does anyone think that there is anyone in America that HASN’T been exposed to Covid at this point?

That’s my thoughts, if you have been out and around any size of crowd, you have been exposed. Personally, I guess I’m lucky, I worked all through the thick of it, travelled, stayed at least 130 nights in hotels since it began, been on several flights, and I have not felt ill to this point. So, two weeks ago I am getting my yearly checkup and blood work done, and doc asked if I have had covid, I say no, asked if im vaccinated, hell no I say, and then I find out from my blood work, I have antibodies. So there sets a chain reaction, my wife, son and so on, all exposed. I can’t see how in the world someone could have avoided exposure at this point.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:39 AM

Serious question here.

I think we’ve all encountered it very little doubt in my mind.

I also have the opinion that if the government continues to try and force its position that it will take a lot more than their ballot harvesting and tricked up election nonsense to hold offices
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:41 AM

its seems to me you've got about as much chance to live whether you get the shot or not.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:43 AM

Let’s abolish the IRS and just pass the plate, let’s all count on our better angels to keep the rat carp out of our food the tools are there to do it surely we don’t need guberment to do that, hell who needs LEOs if we can just count on folks to take personal responsibility for doing the right thing??? I’m having a hard time believing reality is real anymore but it’s unreal to expect personal responsibility to magically kick in and save us before thousands more die….especially not in this fat [censored] nation…please.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:47 AM

Easy Easy not so big fella , we are all for responsibility and reasonable rules. But the trust in the government is a wee bit thin right now and not many of us feel that said government has “our” best interests at heart.

I also think you may be giving the China plague a little more credit than it deserves

It’ll be ok

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:50 AM

My next door neighbors (nonrelavtives) are dead from covid, my family members have it I know several others who have died or have it and I frankly try to avoid knowing many people. I don’t think I am giving it enough credit.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:02 AM

You left out the”illegal” part, if that was on purpose, and I bet it was, then that is very telling in itself-

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by steveiam

You left out the”illegal” part, if that was on purpose, and I bet it was, then that is very telling in itself-

Oh shut up.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:33 AM

do you believe the actual death count ? There is NO CHANCE they are telling the truth about death rates . This is a fact that the MSM doesn't want you to know .
If anytime within 90 days after getting a COVID positive test ( real and false ) --- and lets say you die from a car accident , motorcycle accident , heart attack , drowning etc....they are counting all of those as COVID deaths .
There was three Dr's out of Minnesota that put together a specific number of cases ( as stated above ) and when they tried to go public with this data ---- it was censored .

As for your sister ----- she is the exact example of what's wrong with this country ----- SELF FISH !!!!!!!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:41 AM

You know I think that three pages in not one person asking how my sister or her family is doing is the most telling part of this thread.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:48 AM

You know I think that three pages in not one person asking how my sister or her family is doing is the most telling part of this thread.

didnt you threaten your sister in the OP?

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:49 AM

No.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:49 AM

With...

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:51 AM

They are doing the way that most people with Covid do, surviving. You wouldn’t be on here crying about them if they were in the hospital. It is odd how you know so many that have died from Covid and I don’t know a single person that’s died from it. We must be healthier out in the small towns.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:53 AM

Yep, I’m just another part of the conspiracy.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:58 AM

They are doing the way that most people with Covid do, surviving. You wouldn’t be on here crying about them if they were in the hospital. It is odd how you know so many that have died from Covid and I don’t know a single person that’s died from it. We must be healthier out in the small towns.

I live in a very small town pop. 2400. I know 6 people that have died from it.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:03 AM

Well in fairness you posted this about your sister on this thread....

and frankly I am glad I have a reason to avoid my stupid infected sister.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:16 AM

Exactly, she’s family and I can say what I want about my family your typical grandstanding doesn’t detract from my point that so many people have no sympathy for all the death/misery or even don’t believe they are real.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:17 AM

Oh shut up-

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:20 AM

Ha!
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:26 AM

You lost me at “anti-vaxer”, after that all I read was baa, baa, baa..

I mean if your shot, mask “social distancing” and whatever else you guys come up with works then why in the heck are y’all so worried about everyone else? Some folks have way to much time on their hands

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:34 AM

Exactly, she’s family and I can say what I want about my family your typical grandstanding doesn’t detract from my point that so many people have no sympathy for all the death/misery or even don’t believe they are real.

I have been working with infected folks since it started and seen it's effects up close and personal. Have out friends to it. Have had it myself. I have a pretty clear view of it and still feel we are at a point where it falls more on an individual to take care of themselves as opposed to the government doing it for us.
I chose to get the vaccine because I felt it was best for me to do so. I do not expect anyone else to get the vaccine unless they want to. I have no expectations that anyone else should do something they do not want to do just to make me feel safer. It's not right for me to ask that so I do not expect that.

Speaking of grandstanding you are on here upset that people are not more sympathetic towards your sister for knowingly exposing others to COVID.

On a different note be thankful you still have your sister around if it's even just to be mad at her. Lost my little sister to cancer last October and miss her everyday. Wish she was still here even if she was just here to piss me off.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by D.O.C.989

Here is some factual data for you.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-thread-fauci-cdc-contradictions

Other facts are that thousands are catching the Delta variant but few are dying from it whether or not they are vaccinated. I had a post deleted on another site for saying each and every day more information comes out that is going to make liberals faces covered in egg.

Careful....Fauci is never to be questioned. Those were all noble lies for the greater good. Without Fauci we would all be dead now.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:51 AM

Ok, I am taking a deep breath and getting ready for another wonderful Monday on planet earth so no more flame wars for me tonight Mark, respectfully, when you write, “I have no expectations that anyone else should do something they do not want to do just to make me feel safer.” I don’t want to drive the speed limit, I don’t want to pull over when I hear an ambulance coming behind me, I don’t want to wear a life jacket but it’s not hard to imagine you might just have the expectation in certain situations that I do those things to keep you and yours safer. How is a vaccine any different? Some say it is too intrusive, my body my choice hmmm can a worms I am not touching there. Some say I control what I put in me, but they may weigh 300lbs and the ‘beetus will get them even before covid, still others will live and die from the old Reagan joke, “most terrifying sentence…I am from the govt. and I am here to help.” Or some such. The cognitive dissonance is palpable. I know, now who is grandstanding. Anyway, we’re all family of the waters here so peace brothers, tomorrow is a new day.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:54 AM

Ok, I am taking a deep breath and getting ready for another wonderful Monday on planet earth so no more flame wars for me tonight Mark, respectfully, when you write, “I have no expectations that anyone else should do something they do not want to do just to make me feel safer.” I don’t want to drive the speed limit, I don’t want to pull over when I hear an ambulance coming behind me, I don’t want to wear a life jacket but it’s not hard to imagine you might just have the expectation in certain situations that I do those things to keep you and yours safer. How is a vaccine any different? Some say it is too intrusive, my body my choice hmmm can a worms I am not touching there. Some say I control what I put in me, but they may weigh 300lbs and the ‘beetus will get them even before covid, still others will live and die from the old Reagan joke, “most terrifying sentence…I am from the govt. and I am here to help.” Or some such. The cognitive dissonance is palpable. I know, now who is grandstanding. Anyway, we’re all family of the waters here so peace brothers, tomorrow is a new day.

No doubt, please take nothing I said personally. Just healthy debate and opinions. cheers
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 05:00 AM

Again, this is the thing about social media. Before the advent of social media, when random thoughts popped into your head (the universal “your”...not anyone in particular “your”), those thoughts perhaps bounced around in there for a while...but they remained contained. Eventually they reached the end of their useful life and just disappeared...kind of eventually got absorbed into the brain.

Now, with social media, you (universal “you”) can spill them from your skull onto a web or app page and let the rest of the world see what’s going on inside there.

I am almost completely uninterested in this “spilled” content - as it pertains to humans. Beyond what humans tell me, I’m rarely interested in what else is going on in their head. BUT...if there was a way to do this with dogs, I’d be all over it!!! I ALWAYS wonder what my dog is thinking!!!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

if there was a way to do this with dogs, I’d be all over it!!! I ALWAYS wonder what my dog is thinking!!!

The dog food you buy is carp.
Your dog wants you to taste test food before you buy it.
Also, do something about your stinky feet....
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Again, this is the thing about social media. Before the advent of social media, when random thoughts popped into your head (the universal “your”...not anyone in particular “your”), those thoughts perhaps bounced around in there for a while...but they remained contained. Eventually they reached the end of their useful life and just disappeared...kind of eventually got absorbed into the brain.

Now, with social media, you (universal “you”) can spill them from your skull onto a web or app page and let the rest of the world see what’s going on inside there.

I am almost completely uninterested in this “spilled” content - as it pertains to humans. Beyond what humans tell me, I’m rarely interested in what else is going on in their head. BUT...if there was a way to do this with dogs, I’d be all over it!!! I ALWAYS wonder what my dog is thinking!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27

I live in a very small town pop. 2400. I know 6 people that have died from it.

rural areas are filled with old people. not shocking.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:37 PM

The latest data shows the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine at keeping you from contracting the DELTA variant of COVID is about 75%. That's down about 20 points from how the vaccines were performing against the original strain. That said, the vaccine still reduces your chances of sever illness or death if you do contract Delta by about a factor of 10.

The Delta variant is worse than the original strain. It spreads more than twice as fast. Right on par with Chicken pox. You get sicker faster after exposure. (2.5 days on average vs. 5 days with the original strain). You get sicker, particularly if you are old, but I have not seen this quantified yet to show how much sicker folks get. If you are vaccinated and you do become infected (remember 25% chance of that now vs. 5% chance with the original strain) you wind up being able to transmit the virus just as easily as an unvaccinated person.

Where this virus goes, I have no clue. It's a reoccurring bad dream at this point. One thing we know for sure though is that shut downs cause more harm than good.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The latest data shows the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine at keeping you from contracting the DELTA variant of COVID is about 75%. That's down about 20 points from how the vaccines were performing against the original strain. That said, the vaccine still reduces your chances of sever illness or death if you do contract Delta by about a factor of 10.

The Delta variant is worse than the original strain. It spreads more than twice as fast. Right on par with Chicken pox. You get sicker faster after exposure. (2.5 days on average vs. 5 days with the original strain). You get sicker, particularly if you are old, but I have not seen this quantified yet to show how much sicker folks get. If you are vaccinated and you do become infected (remember 25% chance of that now vs. 5% chance with the original strain) you wind up being able to transmit the virus just as easily as an unvaccinated person.

Where this virus goes, I have no clue. It's a reoccurring bad dream at this point. One thing we know for sure though is that shut downs cause more harm than good.

How are the fat people doing with it, they damn sure arent gonna stop eating donuts
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:53 PM

How are the fat people doing with it, they damn sure arent gonna stop eating donuts

Zero doubt the basics are still probably your best approach. Lose weight. Eat healthy. Get good sleep. Exercise. Wash your hands. Take some vitamin D. Give some serious thought to getting the vaccine if you haven't. Beyond that it's in the good lord's hands. No more shut downs, no more mask mandates.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 12:56 PM

Donut shops are the only places that didn’t close up.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 01:12 PM

I told my wife since it’s cool this week and the lakes are back close to normal we would have a few test positive. Sure enough, got to work and the first call I got was a positive test employee. Said he tested positive Friday. I saw him bailing hay when I drove by his house yesterday lol.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:50 PM

I told my wife since it’s cool this week and the lakes are back close to normal we would have a few test positive. Sure enough, got to work and the first call I got was a positive test employee. Said he tested positive Friday. I saw him bailing hay when I drove by his house yesterday lol.

I think to be honest even now if one of mine calls in w a pos test I am still good with them not being here. Not because I am afraid of the bug , I am afraid of the S bag attorney that carves out a new niche in legal work. Chasing meanie bosses that exposed their employees to covid.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 02:56 PM

I think to be honest even now if one of mine calls in w a pos test I am still good with them not being here. Not because I am afraid of the bug , I am afraid of the S bag attorney that carves out a new niche in legal work. Chasing meanie bosses that exposed their employees to covid.

^^^100% THIS ^^^^

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

That’s actually pretty legit. I’ll believe it, when the real numbers are released in a year. Unfortunately, we aren’t shown real numbers.

This all goes back to when you were a kid and did something stupid “because your friend did it first”. Parents would say, “well if the moron jumped off a cliff...would you”? Yeah, this is just about like that...I’m not taking experimental medicine that’s not even fully approved for whatever reason. Oh yeah, maybe because it’s not much safer than just rolling the dice on my own.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 03:32 PM

Going in for the second dose tomorrow... two months after the first. I listen to my sister, in charge of infection control at hospital. Lots more people getting sick around here. May or may not admit publicly if I've had the shots... depends on who wants to know and if what answer will help or hurt what I want to do. May want to scare a lib. roflmao
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 04:22 PM

My daughter is getting the shot and she never gets shots.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 05:21 PM

If they have a positive test they absolutely can’t come to work but it’s been a joke here since the whole thing started. Probably over 30 positive tests and not a single sick or symptomatic person in the bunch.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 05:39 PM

If they have a positive test they absolutely can’t come to work but it’s been a joke here since the whole thing started. Probably over 30 positive tests and not a single sick or symptomatic person in the bunch.

This goes to show that you work 'em too hard. Lighten up, you slave driver. You're being racist all at the same time.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

This goes to show that you work 'em too hard. Lighten up, you slave driver. You're being racist all at the same time.

COWBOYS TICKETS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 07:08 PM

Once you've had the shots, how can they tell if you have caught the virus? hmmm
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

woot
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4

They embed nanochips in the shots. Shows up differently than standard Covid snot.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:09 PM

If I have the CHina FLu but no symptoms, I need to find someone with the CHina FLu that has symptoms and cough on them so my CHina FLu with no symptoms will over-ride their Symptom CHina FLu. Once they catch my non-symptom CHina FLu then they won't have any symptoms either.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

They embed nanochips in the shots. Shows up differently than standard Covid snot.

I was just hoping for Doritos.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:11 PM

If I have the CHina FLu but no symptoms, I need to find someone with the CHina FLu that has symptoms and cough on them so my CHina FLu with no symptoms will over-ride their Symptom CHina FLu. Once they catch my non-symptom CHina FLu then they won't have any symptoms either.

Just make sure you get the first cough in.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by John175☮

I was just hoping for Doritos.

Ahhhhh……Cool ranch with a mountain dew code red, get behind me satan!
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark

I’d need to see a chart diagramming out all of Bob’s stuff. The first part and last part make perfect sense, I’m just not sure what all happened in the middle.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 09:28 PM

I have "natural immunity"....to something I'm sure...:)

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 10:18 PM

thumb Yes, he who coughs first wins. grin

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 10:25 PM

thumb Yes, he who coughs first wins. grin

Weaponized snot rocket for the win!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 10:37 PM

I had the plague early, really early last year. Sick as a dog.
Just passed a kidney stone on Saturday.

Give me the plague again, please.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 11:05 PM

Aug 2 (Reuters) - COVID hospitalizations in Louisiana and Florida have surged to their highest points of the pandemic, leading overwhelmed doctors on Monday to plead with the unvaccinated to get inoculated against the Delta variant.

More than 10,000 patients were hospitalized in Florida on Sunday, surpassing that state's record.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/co...k-transport-workers-governor-2021-08-02/

Getting the impression this delta variant is a lot meaner than the original version.

Re: Another vax rant - 08/02/21 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
I had the plague early, really early last year. Sick as a dog.
Just passed a kidney stone on Saturday.

Give me the plague again, please.

I’ve had 1 kidney stone, first time in my life that I thought I was gonna die and went to the hospital. Hope to never experience that again!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum