Texas Fishing Forum

Olympics

Posted By: Spiderman

Olympics - 07/25/21 04:09 AM

Haven’t watched any of the Olympics but I just wanted to say, “I’m pulling for FRANCE”!

https://i.redd.it/lk0z5q3mz9d71.jpg
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 04:14 AM

Haven't watched 1 second myself!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 04:16 AM

The wife just told me that she read they are handicapping Simone Biles so she would sweep the competition. Wtf....
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 09:05 AM

yawn
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 10:59 AM

No Olympics for me. It's now on the same no watch list like the other "professional" kneeling / political statement sports.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 12:18 PM

The Olympics have always been political, but this year has taken it to new levels. I haven’t watched and will not watch. I will be surprised if they make to the end without cancelling most events because of Covid.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 01:47 PM

I'm really enjoying the Olympics this year. I don't tend to get outraged by the athletes political views, so that makes it a lot more enjoyable.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 02:16 PM

Jon Rham tested positive for the Rona and can’t play now. This dude needs to start washing his hands or something.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
Jon Rham tested positive for the Rona and can’t play now. This dude needs to start washing his hands or something.

I think some people test positive after they’ve had the virus even though they’ve gotten over it and are no longer contagious. At least for a period of time. He had it in June, and he’s vaccinated. Sucks he can’t compete.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 04:51 PM

Olympics and pro sports with kneelers and Anti-Americans will not get air time in my house. flush
Posted By: BOZZ

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerTR21
No Olympics for me. It's now on the same no watch list like the other "professional" kneeling / political statement sports.

+1

Good Luck,
Bozz
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 05:01 PM

I’d rather pull weeds and kill fire ants than watch summer Olympics! hammer
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Olympics and pro sports with kneelers and Anti-Americans will not get air time in my house. flush

Hear-Hear! thumb
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 05:22 PM

Did anybody ever look at the Picture?

Lol.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

Lol.

Oh my! I guess I failed to do that. Wow.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 05:39 PM

he got it from a ball washer
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 06:55 PM

De shambo is out too with covid,..these golfers are social animals..
Posted By: Keystone

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
The wife just told me that she read they are handicapping Simone Biles so she would sweep the competition. Wtf....

Her fears are too difficult for the others, afraid if others try to duplicate her they will get injured!!! WTF!!!
Posted By: IC DOAN

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 09:22 PM

Last time I tried to watch any summer olympics it was a buncha tiny girls wearing one-piece bathing suits running around on a wrastlin mat holding dowel rods with crepe paper streamers. Uhmm nah that's OK.

Besides the euro pukes on the committee nuked baseball and softball...
Posted By: j.steve

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

Lol.

LOL, had to go back and look. Glad they took the pic at that moment. Half second later you'd have seen 2 big brillo pads under those arms, LOL.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Olympics - 07/25/21 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

I think some people test positive after they’ve had the virus even though they’ve gotten over it and are no longer contagious. At least for a period of time. He had it in June, and he’s vaccinated. Sucks he can’t compete.

He should have washed out his nose before the test.
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 01:30 AM

My family is watching. Awesome athletes.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 01:47 AM

my wife and I are watching , not gonna let a few bad apples ruin it for some amazing athletes .
The amount of training they go through just to get to the Olympics is amazing .
I will admit that I can't stand the " woke " ones and I will not support them , especially womens soccer
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
my wife and I are watching , not gonna let a few bad apples ruin it for some amazing athletes .
The amount of training they go through just to get to the Olympics is amazing .
I will admit that I can't stand the " woke " ones and I will not support them , especially womens soccer

Thank you
Nothing else is on, we watch a half hour before we go to sleep.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

I think that is just some internet gossip going around. confused 3
Posted By: donothin

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 02:57 AM

Kinda hard to understand the irony of so many on here that hate the athletes that kneel in protest but speak so often of how they hate the government.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by donothin
Kinda hard to understand the irony of so many on here that hate the athletes that kneel in protest but speak so often of how they hate the government.

And how ironic you still get on here proudly when most everyone remembers you wishing economic destruction for the USA.
You obviously have no shame, don’t wag your finger at anyone else.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 03:56 AM

I guess you never heard the statement " I love my country , but fear my Government " .
Athletes that kneel are disrespecting our Flag , disrespecting those who have served and died for the very freedoms we want to keep .
The athletes that are kneeling are incredibly misguided , ignorant and totally uninformed .
Posted By: donothin

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam

And how ironic you still get on here proudly when most everyone remembers you wishing economic destruction for the USA.
You obviously have no shame, don’t wag your finger at anyone else.

Yup, it is called an investment in the future. Looks like it worked.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 05:34 PM

Half of you probably didn't click the picture...here's to you Spiderman cheers
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

Where RANE?
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: Olympics - 07/26/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser