Texas Fishing Forum

Excellent quality of work

Posted By: Bob Davis

Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 08:59 PM

I was getting gas at the Tom Thumb fillin' station last Saturday and noticed that they had done some paintin' and sprucin' up the concrete planters/pump blockers. I had to snap a photo of the fine quality of workmanship.

I have to say that even when I was 6 years old, I knew better than to just slop and spill paint like this, but hey, we are in the age of GenZ'rs I suppose.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:01 PM

It was probably a contractor job hired out by Albertsons rather than an employee of that store. But still.

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by PondFish
It was probably a contractor job hired out by Albertsons rather than an employee of that store. But still.

It looks like they used a spoon or a stick to paint with. roflmao
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:05 PM

I hate when someone spills concrete all over the paint.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:06 PM

someone should have taken the bong away till after the job was done.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:07 PM

Most people don’t gaf anymore. And they wonder why they can’t get ahead….smdh.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:11 PM

But it's the fastest painter to ever walk the earth. bolt
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:32 PM

I should post some pictures of the work Superior A/C out of Burleson did at my house. It was pathetic.
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 09:34 PM

That is impressively bad.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:03 PM

Maybe they huffed the paint before they painted. That it piss poor workmanship at its finest.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
But it's the fastest painter to ever walk the earth. bolt

Cheapest nobody wants fast anymore just cheap
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mudman63

This is correct
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:10 PM

Most people don’t gaf anymore.

This^^. I certainly could create a disaster like that in doing something, but man... I simply don’t have it in me to walk away with it looking like that!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
I hate when someone spills concrete all over the paint.

Lol…….
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:33 PM

Looks like me painting one of my rentals. Haha. My wife has banned me from a paint brush…forever.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 10:33 PM

Probably wasn't painting at the new $35-gaf pay level.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 11:22 PM

Did they blow paint that with a giant crack straw? If so may be valuable. breakdance
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 11:36 PM

If you poor it on, you get a really nice gloss without having to do extra coats
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/19/21 11:52 PM

Yup, I wont criticize it cause I'm terrible at painting stuff. I get it everywhere
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 05:49 PM

Some jobs you don’t want to be good at
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 08:41 PM

When you said painting at 6 it reminded me of a time my dad tasked me with doing some painting on a little fishing pier we'd just built on Nocona. I hadn't gotten much done before I'd turned around and kicked a whole bucket of some kind of heavy duty red paint into the lake. That stuff covered the entire surface of the cove and got a good red coat on EVERYTHING that touched the water. Thankfully there weren't any boats close enough to catch it. When he walked back down, I was trying to come up with a good excuse as to why there was red paint on every cattail and rock you could see, but it was too late.

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by NoconaBrian
When you said painting at 6 it reminded me of a time my dad tasked me with doing some painting on a little fishing pier we'd just built on Nocona. I hadn't gotten much done before I'd turned around and kicked a whole bucket of some kind of heavy duty red paint into the lake. That stuff covered the entire surface of the cove and got a good red coat on EVERYTHING that touched the water. Thankfully there weren't any boats close enough to catch it. When he walked back down, I was trying to come up with a good excuse as to why there was red paint on every cattail and rock you could see, but it was too late.

roflmao Great story. Memories. I have numerous stories about things I should never, ever do again. roflmao
Posted By: minnow

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 08:50 PM

Pablo Picasso reincarnated, you just don't appreciate modern art when you see it. I see the struggle of the ordinary man having to toil against nature- and obviously Mother Nature always wins. Staying inside the lines is for squares...

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by minnow
Pablo Picasso reincarnated, you just don't appreciate modern art when you see it. I see the struggle of the ordinary man having to toil against nature- and obviously Mother Nature always wins. Staying inside the lines is for squares...

grin Those massive globs of sloshed paint on the island were completely dry.
Posted By: minnow

Re: Excellent quality of work - 07/20/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by minnow

grin Those massive globs of sloshed paint on the island were completely dry.

What about the red? Do you not understand the significance- that it represents the spilt blood of those who have sacrificed so you can live in freedom? grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum