Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a puppy

Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 11:37 AM

I had to put my old dog Lorrie down a couple of weeks ago. She lived to be 16, and had a hell of a life. Best dog ever.
I’m ready to get a new dog, and want a German wirehair pointer. I’ve only been able to find a few breeders in Texas, and I know one of them personally, and that guy is not someone that I put a great deal of trust in. It’s a long shot, but do any of y’all know any GWP breeders? I don’t need world grand champion of the universe hunting dog, mostly a pet or companion dog, but I would like to hunt the dog a few times per year.
I’ve reached out to a couple of GWP rescue places, but they don’t have any pups available, so I’m hoping someone on TFF knows someone.

Also, here’s a photo of my favorite intersection.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 11:55 AM

Sorry I can’t help with the puppy, but I do want to compliment you on the choice of intersections.
It’s an excellent intersection.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 12:42 PM

My Deutsch Drahthaar was a good dog until I had to dumpster him
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 01:14 PM

I have a PITA 9 month old German Shepherd I'll ship to you. She can identify as any dog you want her to. She already identifies as German. So you almost there.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 01:17 PM

Mongo would be a great name for the dog
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 02:50 PM

I’m sorry for your loss.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 03:12 PM

Puppies are in short supply...
It is because of covid
All the dogs have quit working. It is a shame. What has this world come to when you can't get a dog to breed?
Sorry for the loss and good luck with the search
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 03:31 PM

have ya posted this on thf yet, bet some over there would have some info for ya.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 04:02 PM

There’s this really nice guy in a van by the park he has puppy’s aaaaaand candy ! He took off when I told him how old I was which was weird ? 🤔
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Mongo would be a great name for the dog

I adopted a lab from a rescue site and his name was Mongo, knew that was the dog for me.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 04:08 PM

I bought mine from a guy in Mission. Actually rescued her sister too at one point but she got out and got a bad case of the car bumper. I believe bitch was DD and sire was GWP. Awesome dogs. Had to put mine down at 11yo, had some health issues. Good luck. That's all I got.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 04:58 PM

Sorry for the loss of your good puppy dog sir! angel2 GREATEST animals God ever invented!!!

Also...you must be a terrible shot. If I was going to “hunt my dog” (not that I would ever do that), I’m pretty sure one time would be the max.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/17/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
have ya posted this on thf yet, bet some over there would have some info for ya.

I haven’t. Yet. Appreciate the PM. Gonna check those out.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Looking for a puppy - 07/18/21 02:13 AM

After watching my ex's dog for 4 days I don't think I will ever have another puppy. She needs to rename it "Wild Thing". It jumps up on my patio table. Also pees all over when excited. I am surprised it hasn't climbed the pool ladder.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum