Texas Fishing Forum

Emergency Pool Help

Posted By: PondFish

Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:04 AM

My regular pool guy is out of town until the 5th. Today I realized there was a major leak where the threaded pipe comes out of the top of the pump going towards the filter.
I cleaned it up and put a good heavy bead of silicone hoping that will work. Won't know until the morning.
We want to use the pool this weekend.

If my fix doesn't work I'm going to need someone that can fix it in the next couple of days. I'm in Greenville, TX

Any suggestions?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:08 AM

My pipe out of the pump blew out on Friday. I turned the spa on and while eating dinner it exploded. Emptied the spa into a flower garden in a couple of minutes. If I had not turned on the spa, it would have likely blown out on Saturday while I was fishing a tournament. Got lucky

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:10 AM

How major is the leak?
My pump seal was out and I ran it with a leak for a couple of weeks while my motor was in route. Its just water. I was refilling every other day
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:11 AM

Threaded coupler into the pump and a slip joint above it would be easiest
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:12 AM

Go to Home depot and buy the PVC parts and fix it yourself.

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:22 AM

We have a 35,000 gal pool, 19'X32'X3'-9' deep. .
It sucked 5 inches of water out in a couple hours.
I might be able to do it myself. The only time I can do it is Saturday. We want to use the pool this weekend.
I live in the house with the pool that my Wife's'' parents built. She only trusts me so far and is willing to pay to get it fixed.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:22 AM

Picture would help
Posted By: TR176

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:25 AM

If it is just a pipe connection any plumber could do it. What is the diameter of the pipe, is it PVC, is there an angle? What you need may be common parts.

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Picture would help

Pics from my phone and the TFF have never played together well.

I really need some suggestions on someone that might could do it
Posted By: bshort

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:26 AM

Wouldn't think a bead of silicone would cut it
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:31 AM

Hose clamp and some a small piece of gum rubber, enough to wrap the pipe/fitting.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:51 AM

call a plumber
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 12:56 AM

Flex Seal............!!!!!
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 01:02 AM

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 01:08 AM

Funny, I am in need of some pool work and the latest company said they are slammed with people who don’t regularly use their pool but want to this weekend. Good luck in your quest!
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by PondFish
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Picture would help

Pics from my phone and the TFF have never played together well.

I really need some suggestions on someone that might could do it

I would not hire someone that "might could do it". It easy to upload pics from phone. Problem you have had is they are too big. You can email to yourself and save to a computer and resize. I have not had much luck transferring file from phone to computer or resizing on the phone. Though I don't have a lot patience. A pic in this thread might get you some suggestions. The problem will be if it not a common PVC part and a specialized pool part. I am not sure that things are normal again after freeze although I can finally buy 3" tablets. Silicone won't hold under pressure.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 01:38 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 03:04 AM

Pondfish, text your pictures and I will upload for you
817-715-7089
Posted By: ahren

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by DavidWhatley
Pondfish, text your pictures and I will upload for you
817-715-7089

I've been in the pool business for a long time and I won't come out to a job without pics. If you want advice or someone to come out, I would find a way to post some pics

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 03:20 AM

I am firing my pool guy. I am on his Monday rotation. He has missed 2 Mondays in a row and I had to sweep today. I was hoping to have a good summer and pay for good service. I bought chlorine and shock today. He gone
Posted By: ahren

Re: Emergency Pool Help - 06/30/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
I am firing my pool guy. I am on his Monday rotation. He has missed 2 Mondays in a row and I had to sweep today. I was hoping to have a good summer and pay for good service. I bought chlorine and shock today. He gone

I'm really happy to be out of the service side of the biz. But I have an offer to manage a service business with a healthy raise. Just haven't been able to talk myself into dealing with employees like your pool guy
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum