Texas Fishing Forum

Vehicle shipping question.

Posted By: OK, Waco

Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 10:36 AM

Anyone on here know someone that ships vehicles? I have a M151A2 military style Jeep I need shipped from central Texas to Southern Oregon. Just over 2000 miles. It’s not running but rolls fine. Thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 01:02 PM

http://www.waggonerstrucking.com/

call them and see if you can piggyback it on another load, they use enclosed trailers.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 02:28 PM

Gave a pickup to SIL in Seattle and he had a transport pick it up. Apparently there are some who pick up and drop off along a route. Not sure what it cost but a bunch I am sure.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 03:08 PM

There are brokerage services for car carriers. I bought my F150 from my uncle in North Carolina. Cost me about $600 to ship it to my front door. That was like 5 years ago - I'm sure prices are higher now. It will also be more expensive if you want it in an enclosed trailer.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 07:17 PM

My quote last month was $1060 from Huntsville, Al to McKinney, Tx. Cheaper to buy my son a one way ticket to Huntsville and let him drive the truck back to Texas.

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 07:23 PM

will it fit in a u haul truck?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/08/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
will it fit in a u haul truck?

Good question! And if it’s small enough, you can actually just box it up and send via FedEx.
Posted By: OK, Waco

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/09/21 12:28 AM

Thanks guys. Will look around.

Re: Vehicle shipping question. - 06/09/21 12:45 AM

don't know if they still do it but u haul used to cut a sweet deal if they needed trucks moved from one area to another, with the mass exodus from the west coast they just might.

just have to find someone you know and trust to drive it.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum