Texas Fishing Forum

Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness...

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:33 AM

I live in a quiet area. Very typical suburban dead end cul-de-sac.

The last two nights I've been hearing sports bikes making quite a racket in the area.

Just a few minutes ago they decided to come down my dead end street. Six of them going about 55 mph doing wheelies the whole way. A Mustang behind them and the guy leaning out the window filming.

I quickly dialed the non-emergency Police number with the hopes that maybe there's a unit nearby who can at least demonstrate this isn't a great area to do that nonsense. I get connected to Flo Mo as it's just across the street. I have to tell them I actually live in Lewisville they transfer me to Lewisville 911?

I explained the situation briefly to the operator. She says yeah totally understand. We've gotten a lot of calls about this in the last month. Do you want an officer to come see you? No. I don't need an officer to come see me...they're gone by now. I need an officer to hang back and watch the intersection of X and Y and they will see them.

No one in this area owns a crotch rocket never seen any of them before.

This type of lawless reckless behavior is spreading out of Dallas it seems! I kind of wonder what I can do as a citizen to get in front of this.

Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:39 AM

Get a bike and join the fun.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by kjwolvy
Get a bike and join the fun.

Hey man there's a time and place for that kind of stuff.

75 or 635 at 3am. You come through a family neighborhood with a 25 mph speed limit and kids playing in the streets...

That's a little bit reckless to say the least.
Posted By: Tsunami_1

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:51 AM

Did you walk out there and have a mature conversation with them. Maybe point out some of the hazards they might have overlooked? I'm thinking that should get it under control. I should note I've never personally tried this so I will be curious. Please let us know how it works.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:53 AM

I would test out your boxing skills.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:55 AM

String a cable across the street about 5ft off the ground, that’ll slow them down.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:57 AM

You should see 635 around 1130 at night. I am surprised no one has been killed yet,
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:01 AM

Last summer I had an idiot racing all thru the neighborhood one evening, burning tires the whole deal, he went roaring by the house, spinning tires up the hill and around the corner into a residential area with lots of kids. It was my assumption that it was a high school kid. I jumped in truck and started driving through neighborhood. Sure enough they are pulling in to a driveway. I pulled in behind and was shocked to find out it was a dad and his 16 year old son out playing with their car. We had a chat, they dont drive that way anymore and in fact I think they dont use the road in front of my house at all. Lol it was a very effective chat.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:34 AM

Put up a sign. "Please ride your motorcycle safely and responsibly through our bourgeoisie neighborhood"
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I would test out your boxing skills.

roflmao
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Please let us know how it works.

If I’m part of the “us”, don’t do it for me Dan. I would be hard pressed to find something I cared less about.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:16 AM

I watched my dad sling a big metal trash into the window of a knucklehead doing a burnout down our residential street. Around ‘67 or so.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:18 AM

Did they look like this?

[Linked Image]

If so, it’s time to get out the Interceptor
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:23 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by kennerdude
[Linked Image]

No offense intended, but with a drawing of that caliber, “road” should appear as “rode”.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:37 AM

You should put an emergency alert on the Nextdoor app.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
You should put an emergency alert on the Nextdoor app.

It's been all over ND.

It was always just a block or two over... So I did not really care. But now it's my street and they're going to have a problem.

Once I figure out the appropriate solution LOL
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:00 AM

spike strips
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:20 AM

I knew a dude who put up his own speed bumps on his street to slow cars down and got in a lot of trouble. Were there any fur babies harmed in this incident?
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
spike strips

I thought of that just before I read your post. Great idea.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:29 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:33 AM

I got the upper half of my body and my demarini softball bat in the cab a truck with a bunch of youngs once and they neve came back to my cul de sac
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Kentucky
I got the upper half of my body and my demarini softball bat in the cab a truck with a bunch of youngs once and they neve came back to my cul de sac

This may deserve some more description.
Were you dragged down the road?

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:52 AM

Maybe you should organize a neighborhood watch and train everyone to conduct a citizens arrest.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:59 AM

Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:11 AM

Pepper ball ammo for a good paint ball gun
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:49 AM

I can’t believe no one has suggested the “real answer this problem” so allow me to give my suggestion. Butch Sanders!! Period. Done. Over.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Maybe you should organize a neighborhood watch and train everyone to conduct a citizens arrest.

I'll have butch the hold them at gunpoint while I read them their rights.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 11:23 AM

The clowns on the sport bikes have always been a menace around the metro mess. They're only tough in groups. I've given a few the ole break check. When they thought it was cool to ride my bumper. I refuse to put up with their chit. I'm really surprised someone hasn't speed bumped a few of them by now. None of them are man enough to climb off their giant vibrator and throw knuckles.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 11:23 AM

You know what we need is a good old-fashioned posse.

One vehicle could never impact them or run them down. But it doesn't or so strategically placed with VHF radios could certainly give them a message.

No all I need is 11 more brave volunteers 11 more VHF radios and I need them to try that s*** again... It's a fool proof plan.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel
I knew a dude who put up his own speed bumps on his street to slow cars down and got in a lot of trouble.

He should have dug out some potholes. It works just as well, and will take a city an average of 6 months to get around to filling them in.
Posted By: gregd

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:00 PM

paint all the houses on your street red to send a message

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:07 PM

Fluorescent orange painted roofing nails. Throw them out in front of your house after everybody’s settled down. Alert your neighbors too. In the morning, easy to pick up and use again

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:09 PM

Well have they been back? I'm guess they probably got wind of the OT's suggested recourse to their actions and decided to go play elsewhere.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:22 PM

That's why we pay the Cops. Let them handle it.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

Cops seem to be doing less and less. Can't say I blame them with all the BS going on. We're on a fast track to people taking matters in their own hands on many different situations.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.

Cops seem to be doing less and less. Can't say I blame them with all the BS going on. We're on a fast track to people taking matters in their own hands on many different situations.

Precisely correct Rick. thumb cheers
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:05 PM

Seems to be the thing to do... Apparently they ride AVT's, through the streets of downtown Cincy in the middle of the night. Police claim it isn't worth chasing them since they can disappear down alleys and side streets and they don't wanna risk getting anyone hurt... That's piss poor law enforcement... Dan
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:21 PM

Put up a sign. "Please ride your motorcycle safely and responsibly through our bourgeoisie neighborhood"

I had to google bourgeoisie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgeoisie

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:26 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:27 PM

Couple bags of pea gravel where they try to sow dow.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

I thought it meant non-binary gender
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:01 PM

I live 1 street north of 635 in Farmers Branch. Late night drag strip down there with bikes and cars. I keep waiting to hear a crash but none yet. IF the authorities really wanted to do something about it, they would sting 635 all night. In addition to racing and speeding, they’d probably pickup a lot on outstanding warrants..

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

One vehicle could never impact them or run them down. But it doesn't or so strategically placed with VHF radios could certainly give them a message.

No all I need is 11 more brave volunteers 11 more VHF radios and I need them to try that s*** again... It's a fool proof plan.

I am willing to go under over and infiltrate these hoonigans.....
I can the radio the posse and we can regulate by trapping them inside the cul de sac .
At this point we can get there names and call their parents....

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

I am willing to go under over and infiltrate these hoonigans.....
I can the radio the posse and we can regulate by trapping them inside the cul de sac .
At this point we can get there names and call their parents....

Thats what I am talking about!

I have not heard them much less seen them since the incident. Our police are pretty responsive here, could be they rolled through the area, the hooligans saw them and thought they would move on to less patrolled areas? Hard to say.
Posted By: bshort

They will not stop for the police, just video themselves flipping off the police and fleeing. Many pursuit policies have restrictions for vc violations.
Posted By: JCG57

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

I thought it meant non-binary gender

Let's be precise with our Marxist French terminology. The OP said that FloMo is on the other side of the street - that is bourgeoisie slowly transitioning to nouveau riche as you head west. Lewisville is petite bourgeoisie.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I live 1 street north of 635 in Farmers Branch. Late night drag strip down there with bikes and cars. I keep waiting to hear a crash but none yet. IF the authorities really wanted to do something about it, they would sting 635 all night. In addition to racing and speeding, they’d probably pickup a lot on outstanding warrants..

I cannot imagine.

Once every few weeks I would see them basically take over Greenville Ave. They went back and forth on Greenville from Park to Lovers. A few held in the rear of the pack and kept cars from passing while others on point did wheelies and indo's and other "tricks". They did this all day, about every two hours. I watched it all from my office on the 25th floor that had a perfect view. I assume they were filming it all for social but I could not make out the Go-Pros from that vantage.

Not once did I see a DPD unit. NOW if a lady got a flat tire on loop 12 over by that richie rich mall, there would be 3 cruisers there for an hour helping out with that flat tire issue.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:10 PM

Set up camera's to take pics and video. Do it close to the street. Maybe you can get some license plates and show the police whats going on.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:14 PM

We should set up a temporal pincer time inversion trap like they did in the movie TENET.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:15 PM

Buy a wrecked out sports bike, lay it in your front yard by the street, put down a chalk outline in the street, maybe add some red paint. Then put up a threatening sign that says something cool like “who’s next”.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:17 PM

Have yourself and a neighbor on standby and block the end of the street.... at the very least you could stop the car until police arrive, plus they could probably take the video evidence. OR go out and film in hopes of getting license plates.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 03:57 PM

If none of the prior suggestions seem to work for you I might be able to round up the group that hangs out at intersections blocking traffic. With their experience blocking streets it should be no trouble stopping a few bikes.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:01 PM

Get with your biker gang pull up on em and tell them it’s your turf and next time you see them it’s on like donkey Kong !

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Get with your biker gang pull up on em and tell them it’s your turf and next time you see them it’s on like donkey Kong !

I dont have a motorcycle. I have a nice mountain bike... Not sure that is same.

So I need to get a bike, a biker gang, then confront the offenders. Should be easy enough I suppose.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:15 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We need to start an E biker gang a day take over the greater HV/Lville/Flomo area.
I am thinking the soft tail here is threatening, but not so much so that it gets Next door all up on ya....
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:22 PM

So I need to get a bike, a biker gang, then confront the offenders. Should be easy enough I suppose.

Get a pit bull

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Get a pit bull

I have a Dobie mix and a Great Pyrenees.

The Great Pyrenees can be mean as hell if she does not like you or is in a bad mod and goes 110lbs. But she looks like a "fun" happy dog. Other than her size, visually she is not that scary. I guess the pitt has more of that intimidation factor just by appearance. A pitt might be part of the broader strategy.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:37 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We need to start an E biker gang a day take over the greater HV/Lville/Flomo area.
I am thinking the soft tail here is threatening, but not so much so that it gets Next door all up on ya....

Yo I am down! We could Okie Pokie and Hard Rain in the gang as well. They live in the Flo Mo and I am sure would like to cruise on some sweet E-Hawgs with us! Then we could scooter around and look for these stunt riders and give them the what for when we find them.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:38 PM

Challenge them to walk down your sidewalk.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:43 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yo I am down! We could Okie Pokie and Hard Rain in the gang as well. They live in the Flo Mo and I am sure would like to cruise on some sweet E-Hawgs with us! Then we could scooter around and look for these stunt riders and give them the what for when we find them.

We need some hot chicks to follow us around on golf carts twerking to rap music. This would bring our street cred up
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:43 PM

Tag 'em
[Linked Image]

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Tag 'em
[Linked Image]

Do they have a turret version that can mount to a golf cart?

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Challenge them to walk down your sidewalk.

Jog. I was jogging. But that gives me an idea...

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:51 PM

The hot chicks twerking is a good idea!

If we could get like Derek and WAWI to do it instead of chicks, the rouge trick bikers would get well confused and likely leave my area and never come back.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 04:57 PM

Concerned citizens taking the law into their own hands...

I think about it every single day as I watch our country being "transformed."

Sure, there was plenty of lawlessness before, but life and "people" are changing.

We are becoming "careless" which will cause people to become "unhinged."

I've lived my entire life as a mix of "Peter and Bobby Brady."

I feel the "John Wick and Tony Montana" side of me growing, just waiting for the right moment to strike.
I foresee that one day it will happen.

...+++
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:01 PM

Just blow grass clippings in the street.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Indianation65

Sure, there was plenty of lawlessness before, but life and "people" are changing.

I feel the "John Wick and Tony Montana" side of me growing, just waiting for the right moment to strike.

...+++

You can be in he gang, but I doubt the battery will get you back to Richardson. You may look like a poser if you trailer the bike here.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:12 PM

Mr. outfishdya,
I'm an English teacher, and I admit, I cannot decipher your intent.

...------
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:34 PM

Mr. outfishdya,

...------

He can't either!!!!! noidea

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 05:52 PM

Mr. outfishdya,

...------

He is saying you can be in our E-Hawg motor cycle gang. We are forming it to hunt down the rogue bike stuntmen.

Then he is pointing out that your E-Hawg might not have the range to get to the hood we are going to patrol and cruise.

That said, I am not sure you can be in the gang... you are a bit of a "loose cannon" lately and we need order in the gang. Maybe you can be a "hang around", but it will take time for you to even make prospect.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 06:18 PM

The hot chicks twerking is a good idea!

If we could get like Derek and WAWI to do it instead of chicks, the rouge trick bikers would get well confused and likely leave my area and never come back.

Gimme some 18 year old single malt Scotch and I'll give it a go! You might want to get video proof to upload to Youtube ...

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 06:23 PM

After mowing the yard, which I may discuss later, I have come to the conclusion that we can not form a local gang without the blessing of 777... He is local, he is not on board with electric vehicles, and he is an old pilot. He may have some other Flomo bike gang already formed. That is scary. Plus I may need to trailer in from HV because local police will not put up with any shenanigans.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 06:30 PM

Run water on the street long enough to develop an algae slime coat?

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/30/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Run water on the street long enough to develop an algae slime coat?

wow
just wow....

perfect solution.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/31/21 10:40 PM

I have 2 cops living in my hood and I’ve asked them about these hoodlums on motorcycles. They both said not much they can do because they hardly ever catch a motorcycle. They say the bikes too fast for one patrol car to catch them.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/31/21 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark

I have 2 cops living in my hood and I’ve asked them about these hoodlums on motorcycles. They both said not much they can do because they hardly ever catch a motorcycle. They say the bikes too fast for one patrol car to catch them.

I almost took out an idiot the other day in Burleson. Jackwagon was splitting the lane on 174 and in my blind spot. Fortunately, my car warned me and I didn't hit him. I get it, nobody likes traffic, but unless the law was changed in the last 5 years or so, lane splitting isn't legal in Texas...and it's freaking dangerous.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/31/21 11:14 PM

...+++

This. Very much this.
Posted By: Gourdbuster

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/31/21 11:35 PM

Get you a handheld spotlight and shine it at the guy filming to ruin the footage.

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 05/31/21 11:46 PM

You should call a HOA meeting to discuss this.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 01:16 AM

Pick the rowdiest one.......yank him off of his bike and beat the dogsh.. out of him. Pop a cold one. And enjoy. You're welcome.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 01:21 AM

start a fight or become a major problem on a flight, rear passenger door and a size 12 boot in the butt.

oh, no parachute? my bad!
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Couple bags of pea gravel where they try to sow dow.

Grass clippings work pretty well also.
Posted By: Streater

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Pick the rowdiest one.......yank him off of his bike and beat the dogsh.. out of him. Pop a cold one. And enjoy. You're welcome.

Logic that actually works!

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Streater

True! And if the whole group jumps in, don’t get distracted, keep your focus on whuppin the one. In high school my son once averted a kerfuffle by telling an individual (i.e. the rowdiest) in a group, “Yeah, they may jump in and they may help out, and they may hurt me...but I’m going to do nothing but focus on YOU...and I can promise you, you WILL get your a** kicked.” Rowdy-guy thought about it and told the group it wasn’t worth their trouble. They walked away.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Did they look like this?

[Linked Image]

If so, it’s time to get out the Interceptor
[Linked Image]

funny you should post that , I watched the original " Mad Max" last night, I don't think I every saw the movie. Mel Gibson looked
12 years old. The movie was such a " B " movie, low budget piece of Krap. smile one hour and 15 minutes of set up for a 15 minute
lackluster finish.

MO
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/01/21 10:13 PM

Just dealt with the same kind of issue. I live on the corner of two residential streets. One is a wide, cut-through that runs the length of the neighborhood. Lately, there has been a lot of cars flying down this road, at all hours. Many are doing 60-70+. I found the patrol division shift commanders' emails on the city website and emailed them about the situation. Within 2 days, they placed a "Speed Limit 30MPH / Your Speed = " radar-type sign and started patrolling heavily in the area. I have seen them pull a handful of cars over already.

Hope you get your issue resolved as quickly as our local PD has here.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Thoughts on Addressing Lawlessness... - 06/02/21 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Streater

True! And if the whole group jumps in, don’t get distracted, keep your focus on whuppin the one. In high school my son once averted a kerfuffle by telling an individual (i.e. the rowdiest) in a group, “Yeah, they may jump in and they may help out, and they may hurt me...but I’m going to do nothing but focus on YOU...and I can promise you, you WILL get your a** kicked.” Rowdy-guy thought about it and told the group it wasn’t worth their trouble. They walked away.

I like his style. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum