Texas Fishing Forum

Went to Home Depot...

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 03:56 PM

And realized I forgot my mask.

Then I thought you know what this feels good this feels normal I'm done wearing this mask. I'm not going back to the truck for the mask y'all can kiss my West coast [censored].

I've been vaccinated if anyone in that store wanted a vaccination they could have had one by now. Half the people are wearing the thing around their chin or certainly below their nose anyway so who are we really kidding here?

Made this point to the wife when we were having dinner out last night like okay I can sit at the table and then take the mask off but as soon as I stand the covid knows what's up and I got to put the mask on like who are we really kidding? Same thing on the airplane like everybody has to keep the mask on but then they serve us snacks and for 30 minutes everybody takes their mask off. Does the covid know we called a time out because we were eating snacks?

This is some sort of ridiculous virtue signaling at this point has nothing to do with reality.

I think there was a time for the mask and I think that time has passed let's move on.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 03:57 PM

Ok
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 03:59 PM

I haven't worn a mask in public in 6 months.

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld
I haven't wore a mask in public in 6 months.

Good.

I just did it to follow the rules and not make people uncomfortable. At this point if a maskless person was going to make you uncomfortable you should have been vaccinated by now.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:00 PM

I dont wear mask, I have not been vaccinated nor will I. Welcome to the world of common sense.

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I dont wear mask, I have not been vaccinated nor will I. Welcome to the world of common sense.

Ohhh you gonna get the vaccination buddy... Yes you are.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Haven't worn a mask since the governor said we no longer need to.

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I haven't wore a mask in public in 6 months.

Good.

I just did it to follow the rules and not make people uncomfortable. At this point if a maskless person was going to make you uncomfortable you should have been vaccinated by now.

That's my thinking. Liberating, isn't it?
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:04 PM

I am a supporter of masks. I think they made a difference during the pandemic. That said, I agree with everything you said Dan. I'm vaccinated. Anyone who wants to get vaccinated can get vaccinated. This has gone on long enough. I'm done wearing them.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:04 PM

Dan, you rebel you!

Fauci says mask will be seasonal from now on and the media is taking its que from the WHO and started talking about preparations for the next pandemic.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:07 PM

I’m in Home Depot or Lowe’s almost every day. Haven’t ever wore a mask in either.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I am a supporter of masks. I think they made a difference during the pandemic. That said, I agree with everything you said Dan. I'm vaccinated. Anyone who wants to get vaccinated can get vaccinated. This has gone on long enough. I'm done wearing them.

Thanks my take on it. There's still people at the grocery store wearing them, avoiding me not wearing one but give me a break. This thing has run it's course, time to get back some normalcy.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:14 PM

We went the WinStar Saturday night. It was wide open, had to be well over 75% capacity. Never once thought about wearing a mask. Most folks were wearing one however.
Posted By: LMG

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:15 PM

Its all just a big pile of steaming dog.....

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by LMG
Its all just a big pile of steaming dog.....

Exactly
Posted By: COFF

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:20 PM

Dan hit straight to the heart of the whole mask situation. None of the protocols that were put in place had any chance of protecting people from the virus.

I never thought the virus was not real, but the protective measures are a joke.

I carry a mask in my pocket still, but I will make someone ask me to put it on. And if they do ask, I'll put it on without comment. The people who will argue for a mask are not worth my time or energy to reply to them.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:22 PM

I want to go to Old Town Ice House, but I don't like that they don't take COVID seriously enough.

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:23 PM

Put it on and then pull it down around your chin exposing your nose and mouth. That really pisses them off.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:25 PM

Wearing a mask is just the government trying to tell you what you have to do.
Kind of like asking people why the flu season was down this year, they say its because people wore mask. Then ask them why the Coronavirus is so high, they will tell you that people are not wearing mask. I just look at them and shake my head, wondering if they really knew what they just said???????????
Needless to say, mask do have some help but not even close to what the government is telling you. Not near enough for me to go wearing a mask all over the place. It's just another example how big government wants to control you...and so far they seem to have done a pretty good job on all their blinded sheep.
Plus , even if I do catch it, I have around a 97% chance of living to tell another story. Heck i feel I do not have that kind of chance of survival with a severe strain of the flu.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:32 PM

Then I thought you know what this feels good this feels normal I'm done wearing this mask. I'm not going back to the truck for the mask y'all can kiss my West coast [censored].

I've been vaccinated if anyone in that store wanted a vaccination they could have had one by now. Half the people are wearing the thing around their chin or certainly below their nose anyway so who are we really kidding here?

Made this point to the wife when we were having dinner out last night like okay I can sit at the table and then take the mask off but as soon as I stand the covid knows what's up and I got to put the mask on like who are we really kidding? Same thing on the airplane like everybody has to keep the mask on but then they serve us snacks and for 30 minutes everybody takes their mask off. Does the covid know we called a time out because we were eating snacks?

This is some sort of ridiculous virtue signaling at this point has nothing to do with reality.

I think there was a time for the mask and I think that time has passed let's move on.

It is so good to see my OT children grow up! Liberating wasn't it? To feel freedom like that is exhilarating. They grow up so fast!!!!
grin
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:36 PM

Did you go to Bed, Bath, & Beyond also or did you not have enough time?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:44 PM

Put it on and then pull it down around your chin exposing your nose and mouth. That really pisses them off.

I did just that in the grocery store yesterday
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 04:57 PM

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 05:06 PM

If Rangers games have not been super spreader events then I bet we are good. Can't recall any reports those games have caused spikes.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 05:06 PM

Same here, no shot, no mask.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
If Rangers games have not been super spreader events then I bet we are good. Can't recall any reports those games have caused spikes.

Good point.
Posted By: 572Fitter

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 05:32 PM

I like the feeling when I see another maskless person and we make eye contact and give each other the wink.Its like victory
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

I have to do this in Costco. I'm not Bob Davis mad at them. Everywhere else, I wear no mask. I'm usually the only one. SA is brainwashed beyond belief. I feel like I'm making a difference though because when I pass someone who is wearing a mask in the store, chances are I'll pass them again and their mask is under their chin.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie

I have to do this in Costco. I'm not Bob Davis mad at them. Everywhere else, I wear no mask. I'm usually the only one. SA is brainwashed beyond belief. I feel like I'm making a difference though because when I pass someone who is wearing a mask in the store, chances are I'll pass them again and their mask is under their chin.

Thank you for your courageous leadership.

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Good point.

Have they had the roof open?

Another thing they're not really telling us in the media, but is truth, this thing really does not spread outdoors. It just doesn't. Finally the inept CDC has said that they believe less than 10% of cases were transmitted outdoors. I'm going to say it's probably less than 1%.

Strange how a virus that allegedly came from wild animals cannot readily be transmitted outside? I guess the bats and pangolins in China live in bars and restaurants.

There is as much evidence that this thing came from a Chinese laboratory as there was that OJ killed Nicole. We all know that OJ killed Nicole.

More lies and BS. Like "you don't need masks". Ok you must wear masks. No, wear two masks! Even if you get the vaccine you should wear two masks and social distance.

No one from the government ever made the message; lose weight, get outside because vitamin D levels are tremendously significant indicators of how sick someone might get, wash your hands and cover your cough, exercise eat well and if you're high risk stay home. That's it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 06:54 PM

I think after 14 months of mask wearing, it’s a joke now to see how far/long they can impress upon society to wear a face diaper.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Good point.

Have they had the roof open?

Another thing they're not really telling us in the media, but is truth, this thing really does not spread outdoors. It just doesn't. Finally the inept CDC has said that they believe less than 10% of cases were transmitted outdoors. I'm going to say it's probably less than 1%.

Strange how a virus that allegedly came from wild animals cannot readily be transmitted outside? I guess the bats and pangolins in China live in bars and restaurants.

There is as much evidence that this thing came from a Chinese laboratory as there was that OJ killed Nicole. We all know that OJ killed Nicole.

More lies and BS. Like "you don't need masks". Ok you must wear masks. No, wear two masks! Even if you get the vaccine you should wear two masks and social distance.

No one from the government ever made the message; lose weight, get outside because vitamin D levels are tremendously significant indicators of how sick someone might get, wash your hands and cover your cough, exercise eat well and if you're high risk stay home. That's it.

+1
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 07:20 PM

thumb
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 07:27 PM

They do hang out in bars and restraunts where the Chinese eat them. The bats also hang out in the millions tightly packed in caves. Bats and pangolins were also kept in large numbers staked on on top of each other in these animals markets. Whether or not this thing was being studied and escaped from a lab to infect the first person, I do not know. It's pretty clear from genetic sequencing this things was not man made though.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 07:27 PM

They do hang out in bars and restraunts where the Chinese eat them. The bats also hang out in the millions tightly packed in caves. Bats and pangolins were also kept in large numbers staked on on top of each other in these animals markets. Whether or not this thing was being studied and escaped from a lab to infect the first person, I do not know. It's pretty clear from genetic sequencing this things was not man made though.

roflmao
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 07:30 PM

I was told that wearing a mask and gloves would be enough during the corona virus outbreak. Upon getting to the store I was told that pants and a shirt were also required.
Posted By: gander

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 08:34 PM

The time for a mask ended for me SEVERAL months ago..sometime early last year
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark C
I was told that wearing a mask and gloves would be enough during the corona virus outbreak. Upon getting to the store I was told that pants and a shirt were also required.

A
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 10:44 PM

I never wore a mask since it started outside of work . I got Corona, coughed twice. I was asked to leave one business since Corona started how ever long ago

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/13/21 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman
I want to go to Old Town Ice House, but I don't like that they don't take COVID seriously enough.

I'm sure you can find a place that will take your temperature before letting you in and everyone has there masks on but it wont be my place
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by 572Fitter
I like the feeling when I see another maskless person and we make eye contact and give each other the wink.Its like victory

[Linked Image]

welcome to TFF OT roflmao
Posted By: The Searchers

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 01:09 AM

X2
It’s the 666
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 01:18 AM

We're all gonna die!!!... Dan flame
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by John175☮

roflmao

During sometime in late 2020 I must admit I developed a strong hatred for Batman.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by cocodrie

roflmao Can you pick me up some stuff next time you go, but don't tell them it is for me?
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 02:56 AM

Mask deez.........
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Mask deez.........

thumb
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 03:25 AM

cheers
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Went to Home Depot... - 05/14/21 04:11 AM

Home Depot never required a mask! Been going there consistently since this [censored] started without a mask. Not one word from the 3 I frequent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum