Texas Fishing Forum

Sauerkraut canning and wimmins...

Posted By: Sawhorse

Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:19 PM

My neighbor claims that womenfolk can’t be around a sauerkraut canning deal when they’re in a womanly way because it makes the sauerkraut go bad. Everything he has ever told me has been 100% true, but this one seems preposterous. Since I know the truth can be found via the OT faithful...what says the OT, is he right?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:21 PM

huh
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:22 PM

But sauerkrapt isn't good to begin with???
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:28 PM

Love me some sauerkraut!
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Samsonsworld

shut your filthy pie hole.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longeye
Love me some sauerkraut!

Perfect, I got you on my list as liking sauerkraut. FYI, I got Samsonsworld down as a “not liking”. I captured TexDawg’s response as a “no vote”. There was a lot of noise in his response and I wasn’t sure how to interpret it relative to liking/not liking.

Edit: Bigbob is apparently a “like it” too.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:41 PM

I don’t understand how this could be possible. If you have an explanation, I don’t want to hear it, or read it.

Have a kick arsed week.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
I don’t understand how this could be possible. If you have an explanation, I don’t want to hear it, or read it.

Have a kick arsed week.

He swears it is 100% true. I was over there while he was shoeing some horses and our conversation naturally steered toward sauerkraut canning and wimmins.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:46 PM

I didn’t know this was a poll, I’m a no on the kraut

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
I didn’t know this was a poll, I’m a no on the kraut

Even if it was properly canned? (e.g. No wimmins in a womanly way were allowed to participate in canning it.)
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:05 PM

Stupid-a**ed chit .
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
My neighbor claims that womenfolk can’t be around a sauerkraut canning deal when they’re in a womanly way because it makes the sauerkraut go bad. Everything he has ever told me has been 100% true, but this one seems preposterous. Since I know the truth can be found via the OT faithful...what says the OT, is he right?

Your neighbor is correct. It is also true that the finest cigars are rolled on the thighs of Cuban women.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Siberman
Stupid-a**ed chit .

I’m telling you, despite the tone I’ve taken in this thread he was dead serious...swears that it’s true.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:17 PM

Now I know why all my kraut has gone bad in the past..
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:20 PM

hmmm
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:24 PM

Those old women that can that that [censored] shouldn’t be on the rag to begin with. barf
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 07:54 PM

I guess, if they’re stomping it into the cans.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longeye
Love me some sauerkraut!

with a large order of anchovies on the side?
Posted By: Sailor1180

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:08 PM

You got that right.............. barf
Posted By: wt luke

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:33 PM

I've heard this all my life and the women in my family swears this to be true. It's not just for sauerkraut but for anything you're canning.
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:49 PM

barf

Mom cooked sauerkraut for her and my younger brother. I couldn’t stomach the smell. For sure couldn’t stomach eating it. I had to leave the house until it cleared out.

Jimmy
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

shut your filthy pie hole.

roflmao
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by wt luke
I've heard this all my life and the women in my family swears this to be true. It's not just for sauerkraut but for anything you're canning.

Sounds to me like just an excuse to get out of canning. What about sammiches? Can they still make a sammich at that time?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

Sounds to me like just an excuse to get out of canning. What about sammiches? Can they still make a sammich at that time?

Just make sure they don't put any ketchup on it.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 09:43 PM

This is the most odd/ off the rails thing I have ever read on here

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

Not even top 10.
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

You’ll probably wonder why the lettuce is all wilted
Posted By: COFF

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

Have a kick arsed week.

He swears it is 100% true. I was over there while he was shoeing some horses and our conversation naturally steered toward sauerkraut canning and wimmins.

Of course, naturally. Because it is so easy for just about any conversation to drift towards fermented cabbage and/or menstruating females.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 11:45 PM

That nasty stuff is about as pathetic as it gets for something humanly edible, I mean just look at what it's called, the name alone keeps me far away.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/10/21 11:52 PM

Bob i think not
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sailor1180

You got that right.............. barf

X2

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:12 AM

Bob i think not

I mean it has some good elements, but little debate as to causation.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
That nasty stuff is about as pathetic as it gets for something humanly edible, I mean just look at what it's called, the name alone keeps me far away.

I never knew anyone that said they liked it up until about 10 years ago. But there’s a guy here at work that makes up huge amounts of it a couple of times a year in giant ceramic crocks and everyone goes crazy over it. I still haven’t had the urge to try it though lol.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:17 AM

In other words, “cutting edge journalism”. I keep my fingers on the pulse on America. Buried in the various opinions offered on like/dislike of sauerkraut you can read on this very thread that what was reported is true.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:27 AM

I make several gallons a year, I do not pressure can it, I keep it fresh in the refrigerator, will last for a year, good stuff.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:33 AM

This may be incorporated into this year’s science fair experiment.

Results pending.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:36 AM

I love it.

Derek sent me a jar one time that was excellent. I don't know if he was on his cycle or not.

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
This may be incorporated into this year’s science fair experiment.

Results pending.

roflmao
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 12:47 AM

Hair washed during a gal’s period will not hold a curl; it will instead hang limp and ratty.

Fruits or vegetables canned by a menstruating woman will spoil in the can.

Visits to the dentist should be put off until after ‘the curse’ has passed, because fillings put in during this interval will fall out.

Mayonnaise a menstruating woman has a hand in producing will not come together; it will instead curdle.

Touching fruit trees during this time is prohibited because such contact will spoil the fruit even as it hangs on the tree.

A gal experiencing ‘a visit from Aunt Flo’ should avoid going near wineries, lest her presence turn the wine into vinegar.

Breadmaking will fail because the dough will refuse to rise.

A girl enduring ‘the scourge of Eve’ mustn’t be allowed to take a turn at the butter churn because the butter will not “come,” that is, not form into a solid mass.

Any jam or jelly a woman attempts to make at ‘that time of the month’ will fail to set.

Hams hung to cure must not be touched by a woman during catamenia lest contact with her cause them to spoil.

During her monthlies, a gal must not butcher meat lest she cause it to rot.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 01:14 AM

I heard their period attracts bears
Posted By: Sailor1180

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
Hair washed during a gal’s period will not hold a curl; it will instead hang limp and ratty.

Fruits or vegetables canned by a menstruating woman will spoil in the can.

Visits to the dentist should be put off until after ‘the curse’ has passed, because fillings put in during this interval will fall out.

Mayonnaise a menstruating woman has a hand in producing will not come together; it will instead curdle.

Touching fruit trees during this time is prohibited because such contact will spoil the fruit even as it hangs on the tree.

A gal experiencing ‘a visit from Aunt Flo’ should avoid going near wineries, lest her presence turn the wine into vinegar.

Breadmaking will fail because the dough will refuse to rise.

A girl enduring ‘the scourge of Eve’ mustn’t be allowed to take a turn at the butter churn because the butter will not “come,” that is, not form into a solid mass.

Any jam or jelly a woman attempts to make at ‘that time of the month’ will fail to set.

Hams hung to cure must not be touched by a woman during catamenia lest contact with her cause them to spoil.

During her monthlies, a gal must not butcher meat lest she cause it to rot.

And yet...... We do anything we can, to attract one....... Kinda makes you wonder about us......bang
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 10:16 AM

Kraut and sausage... And washed down with a High Life... Damn, I'm hungry... Dan
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Sauerkraut canning and wimmins... - 05/11/21 10:27 AM

this thread reminds me of the joke abut the guy who gave his wife a skunk for her birthday bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum