Texas Fishing Forum

Used Truck Prices

Posted By: KingwoodCat

Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 12:37 PM

Are absolutely insane. Credit Karma says my 2017 Tundra SR 5 Crew Cab with 4WD with 60K miles is worth darn near what I paid for it new. What’s up with used truck prices?
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 12:43 PM

I just sold my 2020 f250 KR with 13k for 77k, paid 75 for it last October. Problem is I can’t replace it so I’m driving my 150 and have a 22 on order.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 12:56 PM

Supply / Demand
There’s minimal supply and HIGH demand right now, esp trucks.
High prices!
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 01:16 PM

The local Yoter dealer sends me a letter and or calls about once a week trying to get my 2018 SR5 Tundra. They are offering a few thousand less than I paid a few years ago. That would put them selling it for the same or more than I paid. Nothing wrong with the truck I have with 40,000 miles so I'll keep driving it vs taking a chance on another.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 01:20 PM

I drove past every vehicle dealer here in town on Saturday and everyone of them looked like they had 1/2 or less of their normal stock. OMG
Posted By: LMG

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 01:21 PM

They are having trouble building new trucks as the computer chip shortage is an issue.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 01:23 PM

Everything is going up. Home prices, truck prices, car prices, etc.

It's a double-whammy effect of inflation due to Trump printing so much money and a supply/demand imbalance due to covid. Biden is only going to exacerbate the money-printing part, so expect prices on everything to continue rising.

I paid $42k for my truck last fall and it's worth $52k private party today. Bought my wife's MDX last spring and it's worth more than it was then. Paid $240k for my house in 2012 and realtor says she'd list it for $489k today. Folks who saved their money are being left in the dust.
Posted By: marschall

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 01:33 PM

One reason I ordered a new rebuilt motor for mine . After looking at getting another used one , no thanks I'll keep mine !
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 02:36 PM

My truck had to go in for some warranty work and they could not give me a loaner, even though they were going to have the truck for an extended period.

That did not seem cool so I asked to speak with a Manager. The guy was super nice, but said Ford is not making enough cars for them to have any serious number of loaners. He said every car or truck he gets they are selling in a few days.

He said he had 4 loaners for the whole dealership... NOT a small dealership. The one thing he could promise me was that he would get me my truck back in half the time that the service writer told me, and they did.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 02:54 PM

One result of this is an increase in car thefts and car jackings.

https://www.wsaw.com/2021/04/01/warning-auto-thefts-on-the-rise/
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 02:59 PM

I paid 10k cash in April 2020 for my 09 Silverado LT Z71 crew cab. With only 126k miles on it. Sitting at 128k now. I just went and did a quick comparison on Marketplace. I could probably get a least 15k out of it right now in my area. I have no intentions on getting rid of it. But I had to look. Glad I bought it when I did. People thought I was nuts for dropping that kind of money in the middle of the lock downs. Looks like I timed that perfectly. roflmao
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 04:01 PM

This time last year I could have bought a gently used F150 Platinum for what a used base F150 is being sold for today.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Everything is going up. Home prices, truck prices, car prices, etc.

It's a double-whammy effect of inflation due to Trump printing so much money and a supply/demand imbalance due to covid. Biden is only going to exacerbate the money-printing part, so expect prices on everything to continue rising.

I paid $42k for my truck last fall and it's worth $52k private party today. Bought my wife's MDX last spring and it's worth more than it was then. Paid $240k for my house in 2012 and realtor says she'd list it for $489k today. Folks who saved their money are being left in the dust.

you realize this started six months ago, right?

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 05:00 PM

Gas prices will do more to kill truck and SUV sales than most other things. Consumers are obviously willing to pay for a truck tho most can do without one.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 05:25 PM

I’ve got a buddy of mine that had a new body style, f-250 lariat, 6.7 power stroke. 90,000 miles, absolutely ragged out, dents, every instrument light was on etc... they gave him $52k trade in. I almost died when he told me that. Something about these chips that dealers are having trouble getting.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by fishmagnet
Supply / Demand
There’s minimal supply and HIGH demand right now, esp trucks.
High prices!

100 percent right! thumb
Posted By: bshort

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
Gas prices will do more to kill truck and SUV sales than most other things. Consumers are obviously willing to pay for a truck tho most can do without one.

Looking at a 7.3 gas truck...gas prices don't bother me.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 08:06 PM

Check out the prices of the C8 corvettes. Some going for over $30k over MSRP
Crazy market right now for used cars all around
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 08:22 PM

My 2015 F250 Platinum new was 72K sticker but I paid 68K. 6 years and 115,000 miles later it's worth 45K. 23K depreciation isn't to bad I guess.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/03/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by KingwoodCat
Are absolutely insane. Credit Karma says my 2017 Tundra SR 5 Crew Cab with 4WD with 60K miles is worth darn near what I paid for it new. What’s up with used truck prices?

I know what you mean....Carvana is selling one like mine with higher mileage for $4,000 more than I paid for mine.

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 12:24 AM

Should be a great truck. cheers
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 01:10 AM

Neighbor just traded in his two year old f150 and they gave him $1K more than what he paid. Crazy times
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 01:39 AM

Does not sound like a good time to buy a new truck.
My 2000 Dodge was 26.7 new in 1999. Its probably only worth $6 to 8k now but anytime you can drive that long on less than a grand a year and I'm happy. Will still do over 20 mpg on the highway and pulls more than I ever put behind it.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 02:20 AM

Not getting the new truck this fall with all the price craziness going on. It’s supposed to be related to micro chip availability.Wonder how long that’s going to last to where prices go down from insane back to just plain crazy.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 02:20 AM

I've got a 2020 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition. 9000 miles. Bought it brand new from Moritz. It should be my last truck.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by uncle_bagster
One result of this is an increase in car thefts and car jackings.

https://www.wsaw.com/2021/04/01/warning-auto-thefts-on-the-rise/

Good idea! I hadn't thought of stealing one. That would be much cheaper.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/04/21 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by bshort

Not right now....how about if dems have their way and it goes to $8/gallon...or $10/gallon...or worse?
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
My 2000 Dodge was 26.7 new in 1999. Its probably only worth $6 to 8k now but anytime you can drive that long on less than a grand a year and I'm happy. Will still do over 20 mpg on the highway and pulls more than I ever put behind it.

Maybe it's not a good time to buy a new truck, but it must be a good time to buy a used truck. Last month was in the top 5 highest volume months Texas Motorcars has ever had. People come in, fly of the handle how high trucks are now. Someone pulls in behind them and scoops it up. Crazy how busy it is now.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola

Maybe it's not a good time to buy a new truck, but it must be a good time to buy a used truck. Last month was in the top 5 highest volume months Texas Motorcars has ever had. People come in, fly of the handle how high trucks are now. Someone pulls in behind them and scoops it up. Crazy how busy it is now.

Why is it busy? Is it the stimulus money or what’s the logic to pay the high prices, serious question.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Why is it busy? Is it the stimulus money or what’s the logic to pay the high prices, serious question.

Covid caused a world-wide slow roll on the production of many essential elements/components for the assembly of every class of vehicle, appliances, furniture, electronics, etc.
Automakers haven't caught up to the demand for new vehicles which therefore drives prices up, up, up! This results in the consumers second 'option', buy used or pre-owned, cause the price of new is stupid high!
At some point the market will level out, but when is anybody's guess.

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Well all we do is trucks. The stimulus I think has very little to do with it. Supply and demand are up. People are also figuring out that if they want to "go home and think about it" a lot of times it won't be there when they come back.

People that need a truck, have to get one. New trucks are so much now and hard to find. So it's driving prices up. After the election it got slow for 30 days. But it's been on fire for the last 17 months regardless.
Posted By: ringer

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 04:10 PM

I just bought a 2015 GMC Denali with 60k on it and paid more than I wanted. I have been looking at those and the F350 trucks for months and all of a sudden there are only a handful around to look at. New trucks are taking so long to get that it is drying up the used market. High demand and low inventory means more dinero.

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 04:20 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

maybe not a good time to buy a new truck!
do you say that because of the price of new?
or because the inventory is not there?

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 04:22 PM

I guess I should have kept on reading.....
Posted By: ringer

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 05:15 PM

No chips, no new trucks, no used trucks, high prices and no inventory. Might have been your best ever month but how many used trucks you got laying around now? Sure is tight here.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 05:18 PM

They’re outrageous right now for sure
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by KingwoodCat

simple.
check the new prices

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ringer
No chips, no new trucks, no used trucks, high prices and no inventory. Might have been your best ever month but how many used trucks you got laying around now? Sure is tight here.

We have a good stock.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Used Truck Prices - 05/05/21 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by bshort

I hear out in utopia the price is around $5 gallon if that is true at what price point are you bothered?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum