Texas Fishing Forum

29 Million Texans...

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:11 PM

That's how many there are now. 4 million more than there was 10 years ago.

That's about 1100 New residents a day for 10 years.

Texas also picked up two electoral college votes and two congressional seats.

Discuss amongst yourselves the ramifications...
Posted By: Davedave

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:13 PM

No

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
No

Thanks Dave.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:16 PM

It's BS. I think I'm going to retire and run away with Davedave and fish the mountains streams of Idaho while Texas implodes.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
It's BS. I think I'm going to retire and run away with Davedave and fish the mountains streams of Idaho while Texas implodes.

Just as "fishin buddies" though...right Coco??
Posted By: TR176

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:24 PM

I signed out and moved to the sticks. I’m destined to shop at Walmart and fine dining is a CFS and taters. It is quiet and there are no traffic jams.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:37 PM

Is this before covid stats or after? bolt
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:40 PM

I don’t like it.
...and they’ve all moved to three metroplexes: DFW, Hbowl, Austin/SanAntonio.
Gotta get out of this metromess ASAP.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:45 PM

Send them back! Unless the new residents can take a class and understand they move here because the way the voted jacked up were they can from.
Posted By: Tsunami_1

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:46 PM

I was wondering why I was noticing more U-Haul trucks on the highways.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:47 PM

How many are actually citizens?
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Send them back! Unless the new residents can take a class and understand they move here because the way the voted jacked up were they can from.

Moved from a blue state to a red state and plan on keeping Texas red.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bad93ex

Moved from a blue state to a red state and plan on keeping Texas red.

thumb
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:01 PM

Yet California's population has barely declined at all in the last few years. Wonder where all these immigrants to Texas are coming from?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:07 PM

Yep. 1100 a day, and at least HALF of them bought boats.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Yet California's population has barely declined at all in the last few years. Wonder where all these immigrants to Texas are coming from?

People being born faster than they are dying?

California lost a million residents in the last 10 years. Let's say 70% of those moved to Texas. Probably fair to assume they're younger financially not doing too bad and probably had started families. Those under 18 and those who may or may not be documented are all counted in the census.

The Constitution, which I know everybody here loves, says count everybody. Not adults, not legal residents, says count everybody.

That said I'm sure the 29 million is at least 10% low. A lot of undocumented folks are not that into filling out information that the government sends them.

That's a loss for everybody because those folks use the same roads the same hospitals the same schools the same police and fire etc etc. Those census numbers are how they come up with funding and planning projections for all that and more.

Posted By: DI

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:10 PM

This is a why the kiddie sniffer wants to flood the state w illegals who will be corralled to vote.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:20 PM

We will be California soon, bunch of liberal idiots on this forum already. They ran from their failed policy they voted for and came to TX just to do it all over again. Really sad how stupid they are.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alumacraft 14
We will be California soon, bunch of liberal idiots on this forum already. They ran from their failed policy they voted for and came to TX just to do it all over again. Really sad how stupid they are.

+1
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:28 PM

Yup. It shows in posts here that have changed in the last few years. Also Cali folks will keep a large population in big cities as long as they keep feeding them and rewarding them for having more kids.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

California lost a million residents in the last 10 years. Let's say 70% of those moved to Texas. Probably fair to assume they're younger financially not doing too bad and probably had started families. Those under 18 and those who may or may not be documented are all counted in the census.

The Constitution, which I know everybody here loves, says count everybody. Not adults, not legal residents, says count everybody.

That said I'm sure the 29 million is at least 10% low. A lot of undocumented folks are not that into filling out information that the government sends them.

That's a loss for everybody because those folks use the same roads the same hospitals the same schools the same police and fire etc etc. Those census numbers are how they come up with funding and planning projections for all that and more.

Or maybe the increase in undocumented immigrants to California is masking the exodus from there.

Also, all the sites I checked show CA's population increasing until 2019 and just down .2% in 2020. May depend on which site you look at.
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:33 PM

Middle TN is right there with you on explosive growth.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:35 PM

Or maybe the increase in undocumented immigrants to California is masking the exodus from there.

Also, all the sites I checked show CA's population increasing until 2019 and just down .2% in 2020. May depend on which site you look at.

Yeah... We need some charts.

Where is Purdue? Let's excel this out.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:36 PM

Wow is all I can say! No wonder traffic sucks.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/26/21 11:43 PM

I can’t get out of here soon enough. Only got 25 more years in DFW then I can leave!
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:30 AM

So I might regret saying this --- but I think you are wrong . I live in Cali now , but have land Texas for when I plan to retire . Why do I want to live in Texas ??? FREEDOM and my son has already moved there . My wife , son and myself will all VOTE republican ---NEVER a DEM . Our votes in Cali will never matter . Our votes in Texas might help stem the tide of liberals from changing Texas to a blue state .
If you think your freedoms in Texas have gotten worse , try being a republican in Cali . When my son was born 31 years ago , I could launch a boat in in 7 out of 8 lakes within a hour of my house --- today , I can launch on ONE lake !!!!!!
The real problem with Cali is the number of LEGAL 1st generation immigrants . They actually believe in our Government and the lies they spew . Just take a look at Austin , same problem --- huge influx of first generation immigrants taking all those tech jobs and VOTING DEM .
Posted By: bshort

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

So I might regret saying this --- but I think you are wrong . I live in Cali now , but have land Texas for when I plan to retire . Why do I want to live in Texas ??? FREEDOM and my son has already moved there . My wife , son and myself will all VOTE republican ---NEVER a DEM . Our votes in Cali will never matter . Our votes in Texas might help stem the tide of liberals from changing Texas to a blue state .
If you think your freedoms in Texas have gotten worse , try being a republican in Cali . When my son was born 31 years ago , I could launch a boat in in 7 out of 8 lakes within a hour of my house --- today , I can launch on ONE lake !!!!!!
The real problem with Cali is the number of LEGAL 1st generation immigrants . They actually believe in our Government and the lies they spew . Just take a look at Austin , same problem --- huge influx of first generation immigrants taking all those tech jobs and VOTING DEM .

Stop telling the truth....someone might have to kick their dog.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:40 AM

So the children of immigrants got educated, got good jobs, and have a higher living standard than their parents ever could have imagined.

Isn't that what parents hope for and sacrifice for? So their kids can experience a better quality of life and be more successful than they were?

I would caution against making too many assumptions about how Latinos vote. Trump won the Latino vote in key areas and it was nearly a dead heat nationally.

I do agree that public access to fishing in California is an incredible joke but there's a lot of different factors at play there! Almost all related to local municipalities restricting access. It's crazy. When I moved to Texas and was asking people what time the lakes closed they looked at me like I was out of my mind lol.

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:45 AM

confused 3
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:58 AM

Can we ban the Red Hot Chili Peppers along with Petty and Neil Young?
They suck and are directly responsible for this Californication.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Can we ban the Red Hot Chili Peppers along with Petty and Neil Young?
They suck and are directly responsible for this Californication.

I blame Joe Rogan and his big mouth.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 03:54 AM

So the children of immigrants got educated, got good jobs, and have a higher living standard than their parents ever could have imagined.

Isn't that what parents hope for and sacrifice for? So their kids can experience a better quality of life and be more successful than they were?

I would caution against making too many assumptions about how Latinos vote. Trump won the Latino vote in key areas and it was nearly a dead heat nationally.

I do agree that public access to fishing in California is an incredible joke but there's a lot of different factors at play there! Almost all related to local municipalities restricting access. It's crazy. When I moved to Texas and was asking people what time the lakes closed they looked at me like I was out of my mind lol.

Dan ,
so true , the local water district hates fisherman and totally limits where we can fish . As for immigrants , I wasn't referring to Latinos . I was referring to all the various Asians and Persians that have come here for decades and work in tech . They are good people , very smart --- but they came from broken countries with broken systems . When the Government here tells them something --- they believe it and do as their told ---VOTE DEM . It started in the mid/late 70's with all the immigrants from Vietnam , then came the tech influx --- and they all bring over huge families that all vote Dem . I could ask all my Asian neighbors why they all vote democrat and NOT ONE of them could explain why .
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 05:32 AM

I don't pray...but I'll pray for Texas to stay Red. If I gotta flee the west I'm 100% bringing a working mans hand vote that's raising a family on that work.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 05:52 AM

I worked in the tech industry, and of what I know of the ones moving here (via friends still working) that are in that segment, it's not looking good. I'm sure there are some who had enough, left it behind, and understand how it came about. However, there seems to be evidence that quite a few of the transplants don't connect that the $!&#-hole state they departed got that way because of how they voted. They're going to do it here too, I beieve.
Posted By: gander

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

+1

+2
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
Middle TN is right there with you on explosive growth.

No kidding. And Huntsville is trying to imitate them. FYI, there are now three Texas flags flying in my hood.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 01:16 PM

What do you expect when our state and local politicians encourage out of state business growth and court them to come here with lengthy property tax deferrals and other incentives. bang
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 01:22 PM

Yankees, Californians etc are a mess. We are being over run by them in Aledo and they are causing chaos in our otherwise quiet and iconic community.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Yankees, Californians etc are a mess. We are being over run by them in Aledo and they are causing chaos in our otherwise quiet and iconic community.

violin
Posted By: RATZ

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 01:52 PM

we were very close to picking up a 3rd congressional seat I hear. Had covid not hit the census might have been pushed higher. I think it was less than 100,000 people from getting that 3rd seat.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:20 PM

They're pretty easy to spot, isn't there an Aledo Harassment Committee? Every small town here has one, 9 out of 10 times we can get them to move again in the first year.
Posted By: Flags

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 02:24 PM

I would be one of those in the count. After I retired from 25+ years of active duty in the USN I found that my native CO was no longer home. So I came here where it still feels like America.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

They're pretty easy to spot, isn't there an Aledo Harassment Committee? Every small town here has one, 9 out of 10 times we can get them to move again in the first year.

They are really worked up about certain things, very easily triggered. They really want sidewalks, it seems to be a thing for them.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 03:52 PM

They are really worked up about certain things, very easily triggered. They really want sidewalks, it seems to be a thing for them.

They want sidewalks so they can get some homeless folks to step over and make it feel more like home.

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 04:10 PM

What kind of wussies want side walks in suburban neighborhoods? Think they are all fancy with their paved side walks...
Posted By: fishslime

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 04:48 PM

All I know is that Texas needs to get enough tax money from these new residents to clean the trash off north bound Central Expressway/75. It's pretty bad. Everything from recliners to tire alligators.
Posted By: thrashfish

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 04:49 PM

Plus about 5 million illegal immigrants,
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime
All I know is that Texas needs to get enough tax money from these new residents to clean the trash off north bound Central Expressway/75. It's pretty bad. Everything from recliners to tire alligators.

I would love if they would clean up the homeless camps along 75 and 35E in Dallas, but clowns like you vote in idiots that won't do anything about it.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman

I would love if they would clean up the homeless camps along 75 and 35E in Dallas, but clowns like you vote in idiots that won't do anything about it.

Yep

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman

Homeless need to get a one way ticket to California and a beating with a stick to make sure they dont come back.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 06:28 PM

We don't see many indigenous homeless camped out in Arlington or Grand Prairie or maybe I am insulated from it.
They don't go away but if you would like to not see them pay the city to provide housing. Or figure some other way to deal with it.

Many of them have mental problems and a lot of them are former military in case you did not know.

Back in the 70's people were moving to the left to California from Texas. I remember hearing the same thing back then at the beaches.
All the new housing in the late 70's and early 80's appeared to be Yankees moving in. A couple popular jokes back then were " The last one out of NY turn off the lights " and " They put the border patrol on the wrong border ".
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: 29 Million Texans... - 04/27/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Back in the 70's people were moving to the left to California from Texas. I remember hearing the same thing back then at the beaches.
All the new housing in the late 70's and early 80's appeared to be Yankees moving in. A couple popular jokes back then were " The last one out of NY turn off the lights " and " They put the border patrol on the wrong border ".

^ Indicates beaches people may be quite good at dumb, but terrible at comedy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum