Texas Fishing Forum

The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask

Posted By: Coach Hark

The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 03:25 AM

I haven’t worn a mask except where required so in the school so hardly ever. I don’t wear them in stores since Abbott said we didn’t have to wear the mask. I’ve been vaccinated since a January 30th. With that being said, my cardiologist is aware I’ve been vaccinated (not that that really matters). But today I had a stress test and those corksuckers made me wear a mask. I think I’m considering myself as a heart patient if I’m taking a stress test. I was shocked they made me wear a mask. I say made to wear a mask because I told them I don’t want to wear a mask. They said if I didn’t they wouldn’t give me the stress test
So away I went on the treadmill with my mask on. The damnedest thing ever in my mind.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 03:54 AM

It has been months since I have. Mask or no business done here is my policy. Funny a Dr. would want one though honestly. They go from Dallas to lake house and they do wear them up here but the locals do not comply. It works so I guess life his half alright.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:02 AM

I work with a guy who did a stress test at 8 am with his mask on 2 weeks ago. He complained about breathing but kept the mask on. After we went to lunch he was acting odd, wouldn't make eye contact and stared off into no where. He was admitted to the hospital about 1pm for a stroke.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:20 AM

When are masks going on the flag pole?
Posted By: Gusick

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:21 AM

I expect medical facilities and mass transportation to require mask until the vaccination drive is over or the epidemic is over.

We wont ever achieve 100% vaccination and I don't think COVID will ever completely die out. At some point, we will reach a manageable endemic level of infections and drastic mitigation procedures wont be necessary. It may take longer than we expect because most other countries haven't vaccinated as many people as we have. Many countries haven't even started yet. I don't think we will get to a low endemic level until vaccines are available everywhere.

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
I work with a guy who did a stress test at 8 am with his mask on 2 weeks ago. He complained about breathing but kept the mask on. After we went to lunch he was acting odd, wouldn't make eye contact and stared off into no where. He was admitted to the hospital about 1pm for a stroke.

Yeah, I was thinking this is the type of chit that could happen. How’s your coworker, did he come through it ok??
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:48 AM

He was fine, he had a heart attack a month ago and 9nly took off 3 days of work. He has been on so many pills, it probably ly helped him.. he didn't have a stroke, just symptoms of a stroke, or a minor stroke. No brain damage or serious side effects. He is back on the job now

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
He was fine, he had a heart attack a month ago and 9nly took off 3 days of work. He has been on so many pills, it probably ly helped him.. he didn't have a stroke, just symptoms of a stroke, or a minor stroke. No brain damage or serious side effects. He is back on the job now

Good to hear!!
Posted By: RayBob

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
I haven’t worn a mask except where required so in the school so hardly ever. I don’t wear them in stores since Abbott said we didn’t have to wear the mask. I’ve been vaccinated since a January 30th. With that being said, my cardiologist is aware I’ve been vaccinated (not that that really matters). But today I had a stress test and those corksuckers made me wear a mask. I think I’m considering myself as a heart patient if I’m taking a stress test. I was shocked they made me wear a mask. I say made to wear a mask because I told them I don’t want to wear a mask. They said if I didn’t they wouldn’t give me the stress test
So away I went on the treadmill with my mask on. The damnedest thing ever in my mind.

I'm like you about masks.

I had a stress test 2 weeks ago. A week prior I had my cardiologist appointment we had an extensive talk concerning the 'rona. This guy is a no BS kinda guy and he matter of factly said it was a manufactured virus. I have a 30 year history with this guy and as a nurse working with him was challenging. He would run codes for over an hour on obviously deceased patients.

Anyway this guy was OK for me doing my stress test without. Having said that I couldn't get into the facility without a mask, absolutely no entry. Once inside the Cardiac lab though and he was onsite he said take it off while on the treadmill. So probably facility rules. They are hardcore following CDC and the CDC still recommends masks. I even forgot to take a danged mask down to Beaumont and if I hadn't run into someone I knew that went and got me a mask I might not have gotten my test.

Probably wearing the mask helped you meet the target cardiac heartrate they are trying to elicit . They want you "stressed" enough to get to 150-155 HR. I got there in 6 minutes. My tongue was hanging out like a dog.

Hope you had a good report Coach !!!!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 10:25 AM

My primary care doctor makes you ware a mask also. On a good note, a lot of businesses are making it optional now. I hope in the near future that the mask will be a thing of the past. thumb
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 10:35 AM

The mask are awful. Tho I'm fully vaccinated I still have to wear one when I'm working with active military. What makes ZERO sense is we can't have very many people in one enclosed spot, and everyone has to wear a mask all day, yet I saw a flyer for a military "maskerade ball" next week. I asked how they were getting away with this with all the covid rules and the officer in charge left me alone about buying a ticket.

I don't know about your area, but in TN there are thousands of covid shot appointments going unfilled everyday.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by n2ratfishin
The mask are awful. Tho I'm fully vaccinated I still have to wear one when I'm working with active military. What makes ZERO sense is we can't have very many people in one enclosed spot, and everyone has to wear a mask all day, yet I saw a flyer for a military "maskerade ball" next week. I asked how they were getting away with this with all the covid rules and the officer in charge left me alone about buying a ticket.

I don't know about your area, but in TN there are thousands of covid shot appointments going unfilled everyday.

I had to go to the va for new glasses, temp taken, mask mandatory, no exceptions. have to go in for new hearing aids/testing may 6th and no mask means no appt. I am gonna take a gator I guess cuz I can't breath right with the n95s.
blows me away that the govt. has pushed the vaccinations like war bonds in WWII and now ole fake fauci is telling everyone nothing changes after you are fully shot up, masks, no public gatherings, no indoor restaurant eating, etc. etc.
so what's the point of getting it?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 11:29 AM

I wear it if it's required.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 11:38 AM

I have actually got used to wearing a mask. In closed quarters, I wear my mask. Don't know if I'll ever go back to not wearing one unless percentage of fully vaccinated Americans reach 80-90%. It ain't that big 'a deal to me.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 12:12 PM

I wear it if the employees have to wear them.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I wear it if it's required.

thumb
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 01:15 PM

Mask is the best thing Cher ever did.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 01:35 PM

If I am with a person fully vaccinated, no mask...In my car, no mask...in my office alone, no mask...robbing a bank, mask...In my office with a client, mask....eating outside, no mask. It all depends on the situation. When I go see my friend that just got out of the hospital, i wear a mask because he is not vaccinated...his parents are both vaccinated and they wear a mask when they go in his room. Once he's fully vaccinated, that will all stop.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 01:49 PM

Wore one the other day while mowing the lawn.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 01:54 PM

Try to go without the stupid mask where ever I can when not on the job and it's liberating. My company logo is on my shirt so I can't during work hours.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark

I thought it was divorcing Sonny Bono.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford
Originally Posted by Mudshark

I thought it was divorcing Sonny Bono.

That broke my heart, it ruined their show.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 02:35 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: RickS.

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:19 PM

I'm by far a medical expert, but I would imagine that wearing a mask during a stress test would complicate the issue. I would have told them to F off and walk out.
I get it if they want you to wear one while in the waiting room. During a stress.test just sounds moronic and dangerous.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.
I'm by far a medical expert, but I would imagine that wearing a mask during a stress test would complicate the issue. I would have told them to F off and walk out.
I get it if they want you to wear one while in the waiting room. During a stress.test just sounds moronic and dangerous.

My doctor is too smart for the mask thing. He’s asking me to bring a plastic bag for my test. He says the China flu particles are smaller than what the mask could filter.

Re: The OT’s favorite subject of the last year:Mask - 04/22/21 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.

I’m with you Rick. I wasn’t going to do it when they told me I had to wear a mask and walked out. A higher power sent my arse right back in to do the test, my bride. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum