Texas Fishing Forum

Little girls

Posted By: Nickbyrd

Little girls - 04/22/21 03:09 AM

Dude ! My baby has been a diva since day one no biggie it’s almost cute when there little right 🤣 . But lately it is just so extra and emotional. The crying , pouting, being overly happy , overly sad , up and down in the same 15 min . It’s crazy . Doesn’t matter if I shower her with affection and attention or spoil her or I’m outta state for 2 weeks and have just enough time to tell her goodnight. Do any of you wise old farts have any advice ? Does it get better ? Does it get worse ? How did you handle it ?
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:11 AM

I don’t know, give her some chocolate?
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
I don’t know, give her some chocolate?

roflmao
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:14 AM

I have an 18 year old and an 8 year old. Both are divas in their own way. It gets better, but then it gets worse, then better.......
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
I have an 18 year old and an 8 year old. Both are divas in their own way. It gets better, but then it gets worse, then better.......

Yeah but does chocolate work?
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:18 AM

Sit back and enjoy the ride. It’s gonna be bumpy.....
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL

Yeah but does chocolate work?

Only for the 8 year old.

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:28 AM

If chocolate is all it takes I’ll start a damn factory it would be easier than dealing with the boochit lol
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:35 AM

How old is she Nicky? I never had a luckily for her daughter because my daughter would never get out of the house, never date or never go out. I know how I was as a teenager and I mistreated some some daddies girls. I wasn’t abusive but you get what I’m saying. cheers
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:36 AM

Suggestion beyond just loving and caring for them:

Get a tape recorder, each year on their birthday record what you have seen of them that year, When they reach
18 give the tapes to them. Believe me they will be pleased, and you might be somewhat suprised. Keep it a secret.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:41 AM

Teeth, that is what screws out stuff up and molars are coming in. It sucks for those little ones.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:42 AM

My daughter is 12, I thought she was bad, until we reached middle school. eeks Middle School and the BS that ensues with other kids has made me realize that there is a new level of bad. If you have high blood pressure, good luck and learn how to chill, or it’ll kill you.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 03:58 AM

My daughter is about to be 16 and I feel like it really does get better. From 10 to 13 seemed to be her overly emotional years. Once she really got into sports she became a lot less moody.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:06 AM

Daughter is 13, her and her mother have a contest to see who can piss me off more often. I don't know who is winning
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:11 AM

Wife
Two daughters
Two granddaughters.
I swim in the estrogen ocean.
Fishing, duck hunting and digging holes calms the diva down a bit.
Just kidding I haven’t a clue.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:12 AM

Have a 18,17, 13 & 12 year old females!

No it don't get Better!

Way Worse!

hung I plead the 5th
Posted By: machinist

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:28 AM

My daughter was a pretty level headed child. No ups and downs. Nobody ever had any problems with her until she was about 15. At that point she became a wild child. If she couldn’t find a party she would start one. I don’t drink and never have since the day she was born. She started buying her own alcohol at 16. After she graduated high school she convinced my wife to let her go to Texas Tech. Well she went 3 semesters didn’t pass not one class but she was the Valedictorian at Midnight Rodeo. Anyway she went to Tarleton passed every class, got married and settled down. She got a Business degree and has gave us 3 awesome grandchildren. I wrote all this to tell you that it will get better but you will love her every minute of every day.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:42 AM

It must not have gotten better Nicky, you disappeared?? Don’t hurt her. roflmao
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Dude ! My baby has been a diva since day one no biggie it’s almost cute when there little right 🤣 . But lately it is just so extra and emotional. The crying , pouting, being overly happy , overly sad , up and down in the same 15 min . It’s crazy . Doesn’t matter if I shower her with affection and attention or spoil her or I’m outta state for 2 weeks and have just enough time to tell her goodnight. Do any of you wise old farts have any advice ? Does it get better ? Does it get worse ? How did you handle it ?

Nicky, I have a lot of "advice" but the best I can tell you is it would be inappropriate to suggest anything with the tidbit of info you have provided. You didn't even provide age as their are multiple stages of human development corresponding to age. ​Each has different characteristics.

​Also, don't know what you've tried. Have you been very firm demanding certain behaviors and she doesn't respond?

This could be simply behavioral or it could be organic.

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Daughter is 13, her and her mother have a contest to see who can piss me off more often. I don't know who is winning

This ^^^😂🤣

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 09:21 AM

She’s 9 . She listens pretty well . An angel at school . She is emotionally extra/ over the top at home .I just don’t understand the Why everything is sooo dramatic .
Tonight’s example:
Her : dad you gona kiss me goodnight ?( I’ve done it almost every night for 9 years religiously)
Me :ya babe give me a second .
Me : (kiss her and tuck her in to bed )
Me: (notices weird look on her face like deep thought )
Me: what’s wrong
Her: nothing
Me : what’s a matter
Her: I’m okay
Me : I’m glad your okay now what’s wrong
Her : ( covers her head with blanket starts to pout )
Me : babe seriously what’s wrong
Her :nothing
Me :well you have a good night miss nothings wrong (as I steal another kiss and walk off to get in bed myself)

She was dumbfounded I didn’t sit there and play into her hand .And ask her a million times and get the bottom of it and drag what was wrong with her out of the conversation (which there wasn’t anything wrong it was attention thing ). She turned around and did the same thing to my wife 10 min later. I don’t tolerate her momma pulling [censored] like that I don’t tolerate her pulling [censored] like that but dang it will get under your skin and drive you nutz !!!!
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 09:57 AM

Sounds like my wife
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 10:02 AM

Well Nickybird being that we (wife & I) have 6, yes SIX daughters, 8 different personalities under one roof. I was outnumbered 7 to 1. Therefore I have some good news & some bad news: Good news is it will get better, when they reach the wise old age of around 25ish. The bad news is it WILL get worse. It comes in stages & the worst stage is the teen years. Brace yourself for the WISEST age of their life and that is when they reach 13. You will wonder who they are & what they did with your daughter. One daughter (Diana) told me to stop trying to teach her "Lives Lessons" being the person that I am I agreed. It wasn't 2 days later she came to me very upset, crying etc, etc. I had nothing to say, nothing to help her with & didn't offer any fatherly advice. She actually got mad an asked me what was wrong with me, I didn't care about her feelings & all the girly drama that ensues. I simply told her that she was experiencing a "life lesson" and was going to have to figure it out. All of a sudden it was if someone had queued the crickets .Any way, you will have to pick your battles & determine which ones are worth fighting. What ever it may be do not stop showing her love & affection or else it will be seeked somewhere else & you don't want that to happen. I have got story after story, with 6 daughters who wouldn't have stories. They are all grown up, have families of their own & all are college educated & have great careers. We are very proud parents with 6 daughters, 6 grandchildren & 1 great grand child in the works. Hope this helps & you can always PM me if needed.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 10:09 AM

Nick, my baby is 32. There was some bumps along the way till she was about 18. Just love and support her and continue with structure and discipline and she’ll appreciate it more than you realize one day.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 10:12 AM

Mine is going on 25, just moved back to Texas, more specifically my house, from out of state where she has been the past 6 years. While this arrangement is only for a month until she starts her job and gets into her apartment, it’s already been trying to say the least. Boys are much easier
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 10:14 AM

I have two boys. Would not know how to answer that. All I can tell you is love, enjoy, and be there for them throughout their life. cheers

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 11:02 AM

At 9, you’re still in the “I love you and want to be with you” years. Wait until middle school when she’s telling you that she hates you and won’t be seen near you. Middle school teachers have to be loco to deal with kids BS every day.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 11:21 AM

I survived to daughters... It's great until they get involved with boys.... Then sometime after high school they start to slowly come around... Once they get married you're gold... Dad can you help with this, help with that???... It's a good time enjoy... Dan
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
My daughter is 12, I thought she was bad, until we reached middle school. eeks Middle School and the BS that ensues with other kids has made me realize that there is a new level of bad. If you have high blood pressure, good luck and learn how to chill, or it’ll kill you.

This is very accurate.

I have 3 daughters, they are 19,17 and 14.

My oldest will cry about anything and it drives me crazy. The middle one bottles [censored] up and then explodes with it when it becomes too much. The youngest one doesn’t give a damn what anyone thinks and would rather punch you in the face then listen to your BS.

Of course there is monthly stuff but it does calm down. She’s dealing with all kinds of new hormones that she has no clue about. Just keep telling her you love her and daddy will always be there and she will get through this. It won’t be tomorrow but I promise it will get better. If I had to guess I would say she’s around 11-13 years old as this is when it started happening to my group.

Good luck and pm me if you’d like to talk more, I can shoot you my cell number.

Jake
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 11:47 AM

They learn early to manipulate. The drama just increases through high school based on my 23 yo.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 11:55 AM

Provide a safe, loving home
Go to work
Show love and compassion for your wife
Don’t drink or gamble your assets away

All the rest is out of your control.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 12:10 PM

Lol. It only gets worse when they become teens.

No amount of training or alcohol can prepare you to raise teenage girls.

Good luck.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Well Nickybird being that we (wife & I) have 6, yes SIX daughters, 8 different personalities under one roof.

Only 8 personalities? By my count, there should have been about 30.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Provide a safe, loving home
Go to work
Show love and compassion for your wife

All the rest is out of your control.

roflmao Sage advice right here.

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Well Nickybird being that we (wife & I) have 6, yes SIX daughters, 8 different personalities under one roof.

Only 8 personalities? By my count, there should have been about 30.

roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 12:55 PM

They can get emotional for sure. thumb
Posted By: shady_grady

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 02:05 PM

Let her know that when she is in your presence she is loved and safe. Let her know that when you are in His presence you are both loved and safe. Be tender when she's down and firm when acting up. Discipline is part of love. You will be gray, bald, have high blood pressure, very soon. Good luck and God bless.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 06:27 PM

This could be a rare case of early onset menopause.

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 07:02 PM

Thanks guys just keep trying to remind myself it’s normal and all dads gotta deal with it . She’s lucky she so dang cute and I love her or I’d have to send her little butt to the orphanage 🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 07:32 PM

P

oops
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Mine is going on 25, just moved back to Texas, more specifically my house, from out of state where she has been the past 6 years. While this arrangement is only for a month until she starts her job and gets into her apartment, it’s already been trying to say the least. Boys are much easier

Dawg, what’s the secret to a happy, healthy family life?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
P

oops

roflmao
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Little girls - 04/22/21 07:51 PM

I'm fortunate....so far. I've only lived with two females my entire life. My mother and my wife. I do have a 9 year old and a 3 week old granddaughter. The 9 year old is awesome....so far. she is the girliest tomboy in the world. She will dig worms, catch frogs, and climb trees. All while wearing a cute dress, and painted nails. The other one still has that new baby smell, so time will tell.

footnote: we keep the 9 yr old a lot....a lot, a lot.
she gets moody. I ignore it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum