Texas Fishing Forum

LTC process

Posted By: Fish Killer

LTC process - 04/19/21 04:14 PM

Finally breaking down and applying for my LTC permit. Have to say the process is a little vague to say the least.

Already applied and have my fingerprint scheduled, but other than that it really isn't very clear on what steps are next.

Still looking for what documents actually need to be uploaded to their site.

Anyone just going through this or have recently care to share some input?
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 04:29 PM

After you apply, you then do the class, I did mine online. When the class is complete, take that form to the range and shoot a few times and upload that completed form. The finger print lady will send in the form to the Id number you give her from that form as well.

It’s form LTC-100
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
After you apply, you then do the class, I did mine online. When the class is complete, take that form to the range and shoot a few times and upload that completed form. The finger print lady will send in the form to the Id number you give her from that form as well.

It’s form LTC-100

Then wait like 6-8 months... No joke.

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

It’s form LTC-100

I started mine on Jan 1 and got the license in the mail in around the 1st of March. It happened quicker than my home Re-Fi. I was shocked.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 05:03 PM

It’s form LTC-100

I’m just gonna wait for 1 SEP when the constitutional carry law (hopefully) goes into effect.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 05:07 PM

call lance vick and see when his next class is at lake fork, fishin/shootin, life is good.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.

It’s form LTC-100

I’m just gonna wait for 1 SEP when the constitutional carry law (hopefully) goes into effect.

I'd still keep it as the reciprocity with other states.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 05:33 PM

go purchase a pistol
carry it around
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 05:56 PM

You’ll still need the LTC if you wish to carry in other states. And, at least for now, the LTC gets you around the NICS check when purchasing a firearm. If the computers are down, or if you have a common surname, that can save you up to several days.

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Ford
You’ll still need the LTC if you wish to carry in other states. And, at least for now, the LTC gets you around the NICS check when purchasing a firearm. If the computers are down, or if you have a common surname, that can save you up to several days.

thumb

makes it nice to not have to wait for the check to come back.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 07:16 PM

It’s form LTC-100

I started mine on Jan 1 and got the license in the mail in around the 1st of March. It happened quicker than my home Re-Fi. I was shocked.

Oh nice to hear they are getting caught up! I am corrected.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 07:20 PM

Mine took 3 weeks to get from the time I submitted everything. That was back in November.
Posted By: RO519

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
go purchase a pistol
carry it around

On this weeks episode of "Words of Wisdom from Butch" roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 07:42 PM

Cant you get one In west Virginia or Tennessee online in about 4 minutes that reciprocates here
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
call lance vick and see when his next class is at lake fork, fishin/shootin, life is good.

This^^^
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.

It’s form LTC-100

You might need to rethink that. They just did a news report from Austin that says the bill had passed the state house but there were not enough votes to get it thru the senate, according to Lt. Gov Dan Patrick.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 10:39 PM

Just wait we gonna get constitutional carry no ltc will be needed.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Just wait we gonna get constitutional carry no ltc will be needed.

I highly doubt this
Posted By: Dognot

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 11:35 PM

[/quote]You might need to rethink that. They just did a news report from Austin that says the bill had passed the state house but there were not enough votes to get it thru the senate, according to Lt. Gov Dan Patrick.[/quote]

Follow the money, State doesn't want to loose the money from license.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by RO519
go purchase a pistol
carry it around

Words of wisdom and Butch in the same sentence. Lmao

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by RO519
go purchase a pistol
carry it around

Words of wisdom and Butch in the same sentence. Lmao

I was about to call an ambulance then I remembered I can't afford it.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: LTC process - 04/19/21 11:47 PM

That reminds me, I need to renew mine here pretty soon. Politics and hoops to jump through in Texas to get one is a joke. When I was in Arizona years ago took a class on a Saturday and the instructor even did the finger prints. Mailed in the prints, application and a check that evening. 6 days later had my permit in the mail. Only reason I have a Texas one was years ago my then girlfriend who's now my wife wanted one but wouldn't take the class alone so I did it with her.

Re: LTC process - 04/20/21 10:16 PM

Just got my renewal in the mail, 3 weeks. I was shocked. I have had it 20 yrs 4th or 5th renewal. slinger cowboy I think I will go through the class again, I try to do it every 5 yrs or so, Laws are changing every year.

Re: LTC process - 04/20/21 10:19 PM

had to look, I'm good till 24.

Re: LTC process - 04/20/21 11:54 PM

New look to mine, everything in Black/White. looks pretty cool.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 12:39 AM

should have come to the chl class I got together for the ot about 10 yrs ago
Posted By: RATZ

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 12:40 AM

I think that was my first action as activity coordinator

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 01:32 AM

I would but the OT GTG are always a long away from home, Will try to make some next year, am looking at retiring after the first of the year. banana
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Finally breaking down and applying for my LTC permit. Have to say the process is a little vague to say the least.

Already applied and have my fingerprint scheduled, but other than that it really isn't very clear on what steps are next.

Still looking for what documents actually need to be uploaded to their site.

Anyone just going through this or have recently care to share some input?

It has been many years since my wife and I got ours so I am no help for the changes they have made. confused 3
Posted By: 2 Bee'z

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:04 AM

Had it since I was 21. It was not that damn hard back then. This class is mainly bs but pick up the need to know.

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Bee'z
Had it since I was 21. It was not that damn hard back then. This class is mainly bs but pick up the need to know.

I have not seen you on probably two years. How have you been?

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:18 AM

Good, busy and twins Danny. They are almost 2. This forum does not alighn with my views well so I only come over occasionally.

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:19 AM

Good, busy and twins Danny. They are almost 2. This forum does not alighn with my views well so I only come over occasionally.

You make it better by dropping by. Congrats on the twins!
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:22 AM

The class is a joke

The bigger joke are the yokels running around saying that if you pass sit in class, you are now qualified in all manner of firearms including a bazooka

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:32 AM

You make it better by dropping by. Congrats on the twins!

cheers I will try to stop buy next month. Hope all is well brother

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

The class is a joke

The bigger joke are the yokels running around saying that if you pass sit in class, you are now qualified in all manner of firearms including a bazooka

WTF are you talking about? If a clue cost you $10,000 you would run through your savings faster than a top fuel NHRA guy.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 09:45 AM

go purchase a pistol
carry it around

This..

How many people have ever been carded?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: LTC process - 04/21/21 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dognot
New look to mine, everything in Black/White. looks pretty cool.

My reaction was, "man they are getting cheap!"
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum