Texas Fishing Forum

SUV prices

Posted By: Moto-Moto

SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:20 PM

It's time to get Mrs. Moto-elect a new whip. And she wants a Tahoe. Man those things are pricy!!

$65 to $75k is what im seeing. Anybody bought a new SUV lately?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:29 PM

Got a Toyota Highlander six years ago. Now with almost 150K miles.
All I've had to do was change the oil every 8-9K miles and just changed the brakes three months ago.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:34 PM

Talk her into a used one, you will save a ton
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:36 PM

Maybe consider cadillac XT5 half the price, great car

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SgtDag

Yes, bought mine 6 months old with 11K on it. Close to 30% discount vs brand new.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:40 PM

New vehicle prices are nuts, and used isn't much better. We bought a 18 F150 in November, need to buy another and same truck, same miles is nearly 10k more.

The Mrs also needs a new SUV, I've been looking at the GX 460's used, seem to be alot of bang for the buck there. Hopefully they come down sometime this summer.
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:42 PM

Check out the rental car sales market. If you compare mileage, vehicle maker, model and various upgrades versus the same apple or orange withe dealership- you may be surprised at what you find. Cheers cheers
Posted By: steveiam

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Got a Toyota Highlander six years ago. Now with almost 150K miles.
All I've had to do was change the oil every 8-9K miles and just changed the brakes three months ago.

We have driven a Toyota for many years and multiple vehicles, the wife wanted a new Tahoe 3 years ago, so we did it,
It’s a nice suv, but I wished we had stayed Toyota, that Highlander in particular.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:49 PM

I bought my wife a used certified GMC Yukon back in 2015. They are pricey, I don’t think I would ever buy one new, used is the way to go.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:53 PM

Wife's suburban stickered at 74k, luckily we paid no where near that much since it was a 20 and the 21's we're coming out. You want the 21? Good luck, hottest SUV out there right now.

I did find better pricing in the Northeast, seem like they were having a harder time moving these vehicles during covid and the lockdown. Having a vehicle shipped was still cheaper than buying local in Texas where everything is stupid priced.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 05:59 PM

I saw on tv where there are some close to the border, not sure of yr. or condition as they were full of people. maybe could get a deal there.
Posted By: Space

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:30 PM

A new Tahoe passed me a little while ago and thought it was one fine-looking SUV.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:42 PM

I've owned two in the past. the quality has gone straight down hill for years. I will not buy another one....

my son has a 2010 ish, everything in that truck rattles and the dash is all cracked.

killed me to watch him spend all that money on substandard work......
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:46 PM

Depends, used prices are through the roof right now. I looked at used Tacomas when I bought my first one. It just did not make sense at the time. Toyotas hold value so well that buying used is not always a good deal if you want low miles.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:50 PM

Full sized SUV's make pickup truck look like a bargain

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:51 PM

I believe, the Tesla Cybertruck gets released later this year at a lower price point than the Tahoe.
They will be made in Texas texas

see link for more details cybertruck
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: COFF

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 06:54 PM

Bought my wife a used SUV about 2 years ago. At that time, the used Lincoln Navigator cost about $3K less than the used Tahoe or Yukon of similar model/mileage.

And the Navigator is a ton better vehicle, IMO.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:07 PM

A real baller would get her a Denali.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:20 PM

I will never pay 75k for a vehicle made in America.
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:22 PM

Picked up a used Suburban a month or so back, they don't last long on dealer lots.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:27 PM

That's nothing. The way our Congress has devalued our money, you'll see prices you can't imagine. On everything.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
A real baller would get her a Land Cruiser or Range Rover.

FIFY
Posted By: John175☮

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

That's nothing. The way our Congress has devalued our money, you'll see prices you can't imagine. On everything.

Yup. 6 Trillion dollars and counting to fight COVID-19
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I will never pay 75k for a vehicle made in America.

I hope I never will either. But then again, I'm not buying anything from overseas, so my choices could get limited one day. Look at housing prices. We are looking to put an offer on a house (downsizing) and our realtor thinks it'll go for 110% of asking price. It's like buying a new 1992 Viper.

p.s. - was this confusing enough and way off the original OP's question?

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Hoax, a PSA to lose weight and wash your hands would have been sufficient
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

Depends, used prices are through the roof right now. I looked at used Tacomas when I bought my first one. It just did not make sense at the time. Toyotas hold value so well that buying used is not always a good deal if you want low miles.

Yup. People think 90k is low miles.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 08:38 PM

You could always buy a used douche canoe with 175k miles, 6” lift kit, and a [censored] ton of LED light bars for $87k.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
You could always buy a used douche canoe with 175k miles, 6” lift kit, and a [censored] ton of LED light bars for $87k.

You've been browsing the Texas Motorcars website recently

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 08:47 PM

I believe, the Tesla Cybertruck gets released later this year at a lower price point than the Tahoe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And you won't be able to drive it round trip DFW to Houston without finding a charging station. If you run out of juice you can't just take your gas can to the nearest station.

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 08:58 PM

Will you take $75K for it?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 08:58 PM

Thats what I'm thinking

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman

Net Direct bruh.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by NoconaBrian

Net Direct bruh.

Bruh... did you not see it has a [censored] ton of LED lights?!

Price is now 90k for asking such a question.

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 10:34 PM

Net Direct bruh.

roflmao
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 10:44 PM

There's a nice Tahoe in the classifieds. you could rebuild it a few times for 60+gs
Posted By: John175☮

Re: SUV prices - 04/08/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by John175☮

Hoax, a PSA to lose weight and wash your hands would have been sufficient

Can you imagine a budget of $6,000,000,000,000 to spend in a year?
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:28 AM

Buy two Chevy Equinox’s and pull one with the other. It will be cheaper
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:35 AM

I bought my wife a 1 year old Infinity QX80 in 2019. It had 22k miles on it. Nice vehicle so far, haven’t had any issues and it drives well. Technology package is nice. I paid $45k for it. I think new for the exact same was $65k.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:40 AM

My wife had a 2012 highlander that bit the dust at 158k miles. The new 8-speed they have in the highlander is awful. I tried to convince myself to buy a 2020, but they drove so poorly I couldn't do it. For less than a used highlander, I got a 2017 Acura MDX with 30k miles on it. The car is so freaking nice. I'd at least consider that as a Tahoe alternative if I was you. We paid $25k for ours 3 years old with 30k miles. Leather, all-wheel-drive, 3rd row seating, drives great, and crazy nice interior.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:41 AM

I would not pay that much for a Tahoe. sarcastic
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by TCK73

Thats what I'm thinking

Yeah , you would figure someone that owns his own racing team would go large.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 12:27 PM

Even a base truck these days is $35-40K. Just to get a few add-ons it goes up to $55k. And for dang sure don't look at a high end truck. $75K+. Not sure who can buy these today.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
My wife had a 2012 highlander that bit the dust at 158k miles. The new 8-speed they have in the highlander is awful. I tried to convince myself to buy a 2020, but they drove so poorly I couldn't do it. For less than a used highlander, I got a 2017 Acura MDX with 30k miles on it. The car is so freaking nice. I'd at least consider that as a Tahoe alternative if I was you. We paid $25k for ours 3 years old with 30k miles. Leather, all-wheel-drive, 3rd row seating, drives great, and crazy nice interior.

Wife has the MDX, nice car/suv. I would buy another without hesitation.

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BassFever
Even a base truck these days is $35-40K. Just to get a few add-ons it goes up to $55k. And for dang sure don't look at a high end truck. $75K+. Not sure who can buy these today.

Look at a comparably equipped SUV to the same truck then tack on another $10k
Posted By: Cmack

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 01:07 PM

Bought a new GMC Yukon XL in October 2018. Worst handling and performing vehicle I've ever set behind the wheel of. The quality was miserable. It was bought to replace a 2004 Yukon XL that we'd bought new in 2003. The only reason we were in the market was our 2004 got totaled. The 04 had 200k miles, changed brakes at 164K, (They were worn less than 1/2) replaced a knock sensor and fuel pump at 188K. Other than tires and service we never spent a penny on it. Best vehicle I've ever owned. The 2018 was the worst I've owned. Traded the 18 Yukon on a 2019 4WD Denali crew cab truck and it's been flawless in 26K.

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cmack
Bought a new GMC Yukon XL in October 2018. Worst handling and performing vehicle I've ever set behind the wheel of. The quality was miserable. It was bought to replace a 2004 Yukon XL that we'd bought new in 2003. The only reason we were in the market was our 2004 got totaled. The 04 had 200k miles, changed brakes at 164K, (They were worn less than 1/2) replaced a knock sensor and fuel pump at 188K. Other than tires and service we never spent a penny on it. Best vehicle I've ever owned. The 2018 was the worst I've owned. Traded the 18 Yukon on a 2019 4WD Denali crew cab truck and it's been flawless in 26K.

The Yukon and Denali are the same other then some minor cosmetics

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 01:11 PM

Buy her a new Chevy truck. They give you a bicycle so you never have to walk.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cmack

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Cmack

The Yukon and Denali are the same other then some minor cosmetics

You are correct in stating that the Denali is simply a trim package.The difference is the Denali/Sierra is a truck not the SUV. It is loaded the same as the Denali SUV but about 15K less.

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roller22

Wife has the MDX, nice car/suv. I would buy another without hesitation.

Wife has had an MDX for ten years and my mom has had an RDX for six.
Excellent vehicles.

Would also look at the Subaru Forester and Outback

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:03 PM

That transmission might've been included in a service bulletin to replace. I noticed the shudder on our 4runner and started digging, till I found this, and had to purchase it. The dealership was zero help until I printed the whole thing off and brought it up there. I don't know what'd happen if you didn't replace it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 02:25 PM

I would get my wife one of those GMC Yukon AT4's
Posted By: Davedave

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 03:04 PM

I’m not paying that for an SUV, truck, boat, trailer house, etc. That’s ridiculous. I would start with a moped, and negotiate up from there. You’re starting too high. If it works out, you end up having to buy a used Corolla at most. Maybe a Camry if things go south.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 03:50 PM

Hanner Chevrolet has a suburban for $53K listed right now
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 05:16 PM

i'm looking too, I've found that used low mileage is the way to go. They seem to depreciate about $10k a year.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 05:31 PM

Whether it’s a car or a boat or any significant purchase really, I buy new. I feel like if I let someone else eat the depreciation I’m robbing myself of the true ownership experience.

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
i'm looking too, I've found that used low mileage is the way to go. They seem to depreciate about $10k a year.

I know I know. But I'm not a teenager anymore and the thought of what someone else has done to a vehicle always bugs me. Also afraid of getting one of those hurricane cars they re-badge, serial number, etc.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 09:32 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: SUV prices - 04/09/21 09:47 PM

You wanna black one?..selling this one in June. [Linked Image]
Posted By: patriot07

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 12:22 AM

That transmission might've been included in a service bulletin to replace. I noticed the shudder on our 4runner and started digging, till I found this, and had to purchase it. The dealership was zero help until I printed the whole thing off and brought it up there. I don't know what'd happen if you didn't replace it.
[Linked Image]

I'm referring to the Toyota-designed 8-speed that went into the Camry/Corolla around 2017 if I recall and made it's way into the Highlander in 2018 I think? I don't think it's rated for a 4Runner load and it wasn't around in 2010-2012. It's fine in the camry - my mom has a 2017 camry with it and it drives great. But under the load of a highlander, it gets very, very lurchy and not smooth on gear shifts. Look at any highlander forum and you'll see numerous complaints on it in the newer models.

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by TPACK
[Linked Image]

Wtf is this, new guy?!?
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
It's time to get Mrs. Moto-elect a new whip. And she wants a Tahoe. Man those things are pricy!!

$65 to $75k is what im seeing. Anybody bought a new SUV lately?

They may be Pricey but I bet it would make her Happy Happy!! I am Hoping a Tahoe will be my next Vehicle!! But I Love my Explorer right now got it from Texas Motorcars about 3 years ago and now has 102,000 miles and still going!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 01:33 PM

Toyota RAV4. Paid $24,500 out the door! Got a nice deal. I usually buy Ford but the dealer I have gone to over the years did not want to deal. First Toyota I have ever bought. So far it's been great. cheers

Side Note: Complete bumper to bumper warranty for the full life of the loan! coolio
Posted By: HasBen

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 01:50 PM

We have had nothing but Toyota’s for the last 20 years or so except for a couple of Acuras. We are about ready to change and have been interested in the new gen Acura MDX. Looks like a nice car at a reasonable price point. I just know it will be a Toyota or Honda product again.

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 02:55 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And you won't be able to drive it round trip DFW to Houston without finding a charging station. If you run out of juice you can't just take your gas can to the nearest station.

I don't think most people drive a round trip that far without stopping for something. Plus it's about 480 miles, half the new vehicles couldn't make that trip without stopping to refuel.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Wylie Jeff
Check out the rental car sales market. If you compare mileage, vehicle maker, model and various upgrades versus the same apple or orange withe dealership- you may be surprised at what you find. Cheers cheers

I know you never know about the oil change history with any used car.

I rent from Enterprise for months at a time and never spend my time with oil changes.

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
We have had nothing but Toyota’s for the last 20 years or so except for a couple of Acuras. We are about ready to change and have been interested in the new gen Acura MDX. Looks like a nice car at a reasonable price point. I just know it will be a Toyota or Honda product again.

This!!!

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 03:36 PM

I bought a new Tundra with 0% financing because used prices were too high!
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 04:45 PM

Go price you a new Jeep Grand Wagoneer.... The wife want's one and I told her she'd have to get a job. So we are sticking with the paid for GX right now. partyon

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 04:53 PM

If you're looking pre-owned, I know a guy...

[Linked Image]

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 05:22 PM

About 6 months ago I kept getting these offers from GM for my truck at a certain price. Yesterday I received the same offer but at $7k more..lol
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 08:35 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't think most people drive a round trip that far without stopping for something. Plus it's about 480 miles, half the new vehicles couldn't make that trip without stopping to refuel.

It takes less than 10 minutes to fill up with gas, how long does it take to recharge the batteries?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: SUV prices - 04/10/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford
If you're looking pre-owned, I know a guy...

[Linked Image]

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: SUV prices - 04/13/21 04:08 PM

We had a 2018 Tahoe on the lot for the last 30 days for $48000

Just sold at auction this morning for $49,000

It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: SUV prices - 04/13/21 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
Wife's suburban stickered at 74k, luckily we paid no where near that much since it was a 20 and the 21's we're coming out. You want the 21? Good luck, hottest SUV out there right now.

I did find better pricing in the Northeast, seem like they were having a harder time moving these vehicles during covid and the lockdown. Having a vehicle shipped was still cheaper than buying local in Texas where everything is stupid priced.

You will get zero discount on them for the foreseeable future. Dealers have very few due to chip shortages.
Arlington plant is producing but dealers are so empty it’s gonna take 18 months to restore supply.
I haul out of plant auto transport .
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: SUV prices - 04/13/21 11:45 PM

Might check out a 2021 X3.
Posted By: DI

Re: SUV prices - 04/14/21 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
You wanna black one?..selling this one in June. [Linked Image]

Parking in your living room has kept it really clean.

Re: SUV prices - 04/14/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by malibu6501
Might check out a 2021 X3.

We did. But I have to be able to shove this beast in the back. And have seating for 3 girls. And Mrs. Moto-elect

[Linked Image]

Re: SUV prices - 04/14/21 12:59 AM

Wife had an X5. Incredibly fun and best handling SUV I’ve ever driven. But, at around 150K all these little quirky non drive chain issues started happening. Good resale value, but be prepared for maintenance of weird quirky minor electrical and other minor non drive chain issues around 150K.

Re: SUV prices - 04/14/21 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by elkhunter7x6

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It takes less than 10 minutes to fill up with gas, how long does it take to recharge the batteries?

That and you have to find a charging station. I guess pretty soon they will start showing up on the blue highway signs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum