Texas Fishing Forum

New floors are goin in!!!

Posted By: spazm09

New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:33 AM

On day #2 of the install. All the tile is done except for the grout which will be completed tomorrow. Then the laminate wood floors start on Friday and will be done on Sunday. Knocking out the entire house at once. Did the demo myself but a contractor friend is doing the install. I'm so excited!!!

Guest bath is only room thats completely done grout and all. Here's what the completed tile looks like. I'll post more pics next week showing the wood too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 02:08 AM

Looks great! I would feel honored to be allowed let one plop and splash in there.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by spazm09
On day #2 of the install. All the tile is done except for the grout which will be completed tomorrow. Then the laminate wood floors start on Friday and will be done on Sunday. Knocking out the entire house at once. Did the demo myself but a contractor friend is doing the install. I'm so excited!!!
Guest bath is only room thats completely done grout and all. Here's what the completed tile looks like. I'll post more pics next week showing the wood too.
[Linked Image]

You forgot the "Clear Rear" appliance on the toilet.
Get a couple of 'em, they're worth the wait.

P.S. Never buy TP again. . . . . . . . . shortages and price increases are a'comin . . . . .

P.P.S. remodel looks good . . . .
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 02:57 AM

Coming along nice!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:29 AM

cheers
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 04:32 AM

Nice pot!!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
[Linked Image]

You forgot the "Clear Rear" appliance on the toilet.
Get a couple of 'em, they're worth the wait.

P.S. Never buy TP again. . . . . . . . . shortages and price increases are a'comin . . . . .

P.P.S. remodel looks good . . . .

Word on the interweb says those (clear rear) work well for folks that get the squirts at least 4 times a week... anything less and paper is the way to go. bolt
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:00 PM

We are about to pull the plug at our house. All three bedrooms will get the carpet removed and replaced with wood floors. We were going to replace the tile in the kitchen and both bathrooms, but I had to drop $6900 on a new HVAC last weekend.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:03 PM

I like that tile that looks like wood.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:08 PM

Nice! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:10 PM

Nicely done. thumb
Posted By: 96speed

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:29 PM

Looks good

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I like that tile that looks like wood.

Yeah, I'm excited to see how it looks where the tile transitions to wood.

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Nice pot!!

Since they had to remove the toilets to do the tile anyways we went ahead and replaced them too. The old ones were tiny and my wife and I are both tall.
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:48 PM

Looking good!

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:48 PM

We're leaving to go camping tomorrow. Can't wait to get home Sunday and to see it all be complete.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 01:50 PM

Very nice high pot. Love the floors. That looks really sharp! Props.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 02:40 PM

I like the base board. Oh wait....

Looking good sir!

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0

Looking good sir!

Base boards will follow. Just gotta procure an air compressor and nail gun. I want those things anyways so this will be a good excuse I can tell my wife for buying them.

This is what I'm lookin at... opinions welcome!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...ssor-Combo-Kit-1-Tool-DWFP1KIT/312030412
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:33 PM

Not a fan of DeWalt, but that's a purty darn good price for that set up. Might also want to get you a 15 ga. nailer for other stuff. Also, be mindful of where the pipes are in the wall when nailing. Yeah, that will ruin your day.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:40 PM

Nice pot!!

Since they had to remove the toilets to do the tile anyways we went ahead and replaced them too. The old ones were tiny and my wife and I are both tall.

Is there enough elbow room for a left handed male on the toilet. Looks too close to the bath tub for a lefty. roflmao

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:40 PM

Not a fan of DeWalt, but that's a purty darn good price for that set up. Might also want to get you a 15 ga. nailer for other stuff. Also, be mindful of where the pipes are in the wall when nailing. Yeah, that will ruin your day.

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 03:53 PM

I used to go all natural stone on everything, like slate and travertine, but you're supposed to reseal it every few years. With all the new cool tile that has come out over the last few years, next time I have a project, I'm going with something that is no maintenance.

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 05:10 PM

Nice pot!!

Is there enough elbow room for a left handed male on the toilet. Looks too close to thr bath tub for l lefty. roflmao

Yeah it's a small bathroom but it's our first house so it is what it is. Hopefully we'll upgrade in a few years. Lefties and there boom booms weren't exactly top priority when were house hunting.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/07/21 05:29 PM

Looking good sir!

Base boards will follow. Just gotta procure an air compressor and nail gun. I want those things anyways so this will be a good excuse I can tell my wife for buying them.

This is what I'm lookin at... opinions welcome!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...ssor-Combo-Kit-1-Tool-DWFP1KIT/312030412

If you want to go less expensive :

$30 stapler and nailer . . . mine's been good for 2 years

their (HF) better pancake compressor

You're in for under $100

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/13/21 05:15 PM

Floors are done!!! This is what the transition from wood to tile looks like.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/13/21 05:16 PM

Looks very nice thumb
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/13/21 06:04 PM

We are looking at something very close to that whiter tile you have for our kitchen, looks great
Posted By: RayBob

Re: New floors are goin in!!! - 04/13/21 06:12 PM

Very nice !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum