Texas Fishing Forum

Indian Food

Posted By: Jman

Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:19 PM

is delicious. We've had a place open up nearby called Dehli6 and my wife and I order out from there every so often. Everything we've had has been wonderful. I've ordered stuff that I have no idea what it is and it always surprises. Their tandoori chicken makes me look like a child who was just sat down in his high chair and given a bowl of spaghettiO's. I wear it all over my face as much as eat it. And I'll warn you, there is spicy and Indian spicy. Better man up for the Indian spicy.

Not to mention the people in there running the place are some of the nicest, most pleasant people. We are fans.

I'd almost enjoy traveling to India just to try out their different foods.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:20 PM

never been a fan of indian food
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:21 PM

I'd try it.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ

It tastes like you get a pot and dump the entire jar of every single spice you have in your cabinet. Then pour a bunch of curry on top of it afterwards.

It's not so much that it is hot, but just over spiced. Much hotter on the way out than on the way in.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:28 PM

Not everything is spiced to the hilt. You can choose your spice level for most things mild, medium, spicy - then there is Indian Spicy.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:28 PM

The curry doesnt sit well with me- or smell well for that matter!
Posted By: COFF

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jman
Not everything is spiced to the hilt. You can choose your spice level for most things mild, medium, spicy - then there is Indian Spicy.

Even if it is mild heat-wise, it is still too spicy. I'm not talking about burning your mouth with peppers. I'm talking about too much of too many seasonings on a food.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:34 PM

Moms Spice on hwy 10 in Hurst is pretty good, also in Decatur is Punjabi Dhabi, looks like it's run out of an repair shop or something, haven't tried there yet.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 07:43 PM

We've ordered from Delhi 6. It's very good. The wife likes it and she's very particular about Indian food. She cooks a lot of Nepali dishes. Shares a common spice profile with a lot of Indian dishes so she's very picky about Indian... I think people who have been trained in culinary arts and worked in the industry are very particular when it comes to eating out.

But yeah Indian food is good. I don't like all of it but I like a lot of it. That place in particular is a good one.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:08 PM

Always wanted to try Indian food always been worried about paying for something I wouldn’t like tho
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:43 PM

I like Indian food. The India Palace in North Dallas near Preston and LBJ was a go-to lunch place when I was still in the work force. Several co-worker friends from India gave it good reviews. I think it may be still open.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:48 PM

Mumtaz in Richardson is awesome! If you like it hot, get the chicken vindaloo. Everything is good there. The owners are very nice people and its BYO.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:53 PM

Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:56 PM

Dang Jman you’re making me want to try some. Never tried it.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 08:59 PM

As long as it's not Hindu. I like meat
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Mumtaz in Richardson is awesome! If you like it hot, get the chicken vindaloo. Everything is good there. The owners are very nice people and its BYO.

Yep. Been there too in the past. It is good.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 09:32 PM

When I lived in Arlington I went to the Tandoor restaurant on North Fielder several times. Good eats.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 09:36 PM

I’m not saying you’re one, but attacking food is a 100% sure way to identify those with racist tendencies.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

You can definitely get meat.

Lots of chicken and goat. Goat is awesome. You'll find some fish or pork occasionally.

Beef however is another story. Some places will have beef dishes. Targeted toward Christian Indians and non Hindu folk. However beef is definitely not common in South Asian cooking.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 10:05 PM

indian food, found in new mexico only.

[Linked Image]
https://community.today.com/foodclub/recipe/navajo-taco

[Linked Image]
https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/indian-taco/13326/

I hope bcbasscat reads this and makes about 3 dozen at the gtg.

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by RayBob

You can definitely get meat.

Lots of chicken and goat. Goat is awesome. You'll find some fish or pork occasionally.

Beef however is another story. Some places will have beef dishes. Targeted toward Christian Indians and non Hindu folk. However beef is definitely not common in South Asian cooking.

Wife's sister was married to an Indian, never lived in India (born in Uganda) but practiced Lacto-vegetarianism as a religious thing. I hated when we went to stay with them.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 10:33 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever had authentic Indian food
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:05 PM

Not a fan of Indian food. For a few years I worked with a lovely Indian woman, and she sang the praises of the food, so I went to her hand picked Indian restaurants and ate what she suggested and I never found anything I’d ever want to eat again.

As for the hot curry, you better believe some of that stuff will burn you down.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:12 PM

Tandoori chicken and samosa are my favorite. Dip those in the tamarind chutney sauce and that's some good eating.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:15 PM

Did not like it in India and do not like is even more here in the states.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker16

I know an Indian that is not a fan of American food. She is one of 1.4, 000,000,000.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:50 PM

I have eaten it several times and just don’t like it much.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:56 PM

Posted By: WAWI

Re: Indian Food - 04/04/21 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

I’m not saying you’re one, but attacking food is a 100% sure way to identify those with racist tendencies.

I like soul food so I should be ok
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 12:02 AM

Lamb curry with naan bread - delicious.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 12:03 AM

I can't remember ever ordering anything to eat I hadn't tried before or at least had smelled it. Call me racist, I'm out. roflmao
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 12:36 AM

Their version of bbq (Tandoori) is great. Their grilled foods and spices are excellent.
Curry is OK on a limited basis.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 02:39 AM

Big fan, but not before a day on the water

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by sdavis24
Big fan, but not before a day on the water

roflmao
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 01:11 PM

Had a girlfriend that loved that kinda food. I was just ok with me. I like knowing what I'm eating plus want it to stay with me at least an hour. Not so much from Indian food IMO.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 01:25 PM

I like Indian food, it just doesn't look very appealing most of the time. My company is Indian owned, so they give me guidance on what to order and what stuff is. Bhirriany is great, as is butter chicken, and Chicken Tiki Marsala. Try " our place" in Irving. Its off of McArthur, North of 635. Its where all of the local Indians eat, which means its pretty good.

Our Place
Posted By: fishentime

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 01:35 PM

I have really liked the Indian food that I have had , but dont get around to it much . I dont know if it is Indian food but there is a Biryani Rice place by us I have wanted to try .
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by fishentime
I have really liked the Indian food that I have had , but dont get around to it much . I dont know if it is Indian food but there is a Biryani Rice place by us I have wanted to try .

Where is it located?
Posted By: fishentime

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 04:46 PM

7750N MacAurthur Blvd Suite 195n Bawarchi Biryanis
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 05:32 PM

I really loved the movie, "The One-Hundred Foot Journey," but that's about it.

Addendum: I just noticed that I despise one of the producers, so ignore her peripheral involvement. IN65

...------

Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
indian food, found in new mexico only.

[Linked Image]
https://community.today.com/foodclub/recipe/navajo-taco

[Linked Image]
https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/indian-taco/13326/

I hope bcbasscat reads this and makes about 3 dozen at the gtg.

I would eat the [censored] out of that! Real indian food smells like [censored] so I guess my lack of desire to try it is a dichotomy, and I must be racist...
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Moms Spice on hwy 10 in Hurst is pretty good, also in Decatur is Punjabi Dhabi, looks like it's run out of an repair shop or something, haven't tried there yet.

The Dhaba place is good. I was there Saturday night. I was the odd one out.

Originally Posted by Zipster
I like Indian food, it just doesn't look very appealing most of the time. My company is Indian owned, so they give me guidance on what to order and what stuff is. Bhirriany is great, as is butter chicken, and Chicken Tiki Marsala. Try " our place" in Irving. Its off of McArthur, North of 635. Its where all of the local Indians eat, which means its pretty good.

Our Place

Been a few times and it was meh at best, same with Urban Tadika.

It does come down to the region of India for the type/profile of the food. Wife is Indian ( Gujarat) and her pickiness has rubbed off on me I guess. I thought India 101 was good, then she took me other places. I eat Indian based food several times a week. The curry is not spicy, in most Indian dishes it is the leaf form the curry tree they use.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 08:43 PM

Peyote is the only Indian food I can name.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zipster

Our Place

I used to think that eating Indian spicy food was a sure way to run to the crapper and groan it out for a minutes . Today I love it . Chicken Tika Masalla is the same basic thing a " buttered chicken " and if made correctly --- it's awesome , especially if you soak some garlic Nan bread in the sauce .
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 09:25 PM

I am a hard pass on this, even looking at some of the menus... Why is it marinated in yogurt? That just sounds disgusting.
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 09:50 PM

Love it. Venison jerky and buffalo burgers are my favorites. Love corn on the cob too.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Indian Food - 04/05/21 11:09 PM

Lived up in an apartment complex upstairs from an Indian family. I could smoke stinky stuff and leave the door open. You couldn't smell it over the curry. The apartment complex couldn't get anyone to move in after they left. The curry smell was in everything
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum