Texas Fishing Forum

2nd Moderna shot

Posted By: gregpaul

2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 04:45 PM

Anyone have any adverse reactions?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 04:54 PM

No, just bad brain fog for about 12 hours.... started 24 hours after I got it.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 05:03 PM

I had my 2nd Moderna shot 3 weeks ago and I have had no issues.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 05:35 PM

Not me, I've got antibodies.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:03 PM

No issue.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:09 PM

No problems here. My arm was slightly sore at the injection site after the first one for about a day but didn’t even have that after the second shot.
Posted By: mstring

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:18 PM

I had the Phizer, no issues with either. My wife was not feeling great the next day after her first and whined about her arm being sore for a few days.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:22 PM

I was not even sure they gave me a shot, both times. No soreness and I believe they thought I was worthless so they saved the vaccine for someone worthy.

That was a joke but true in that it was close to nothing.
I have heard but don't know for sure that most of the people who have adverse reactions to the vaccine are under 50.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:30 PM

I had a day that I felt a little crummy, but I always have a little reaction to any vaccine.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:34 PM

Had 100+ fever 2 days
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:35 PM

Felt lousy for three days on the first Moderna shot and day and half on the second.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Felt lousy for three days on the first Moderna shot and day and half on the second.

still beats getting covid

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
I was not even sure they gave me a shot, both times. No soreness and I believe they thought I was worthless so they saved the vaccine for someone worthy.

That was a joke but true in that it was close to nothing.
I have heard but don't know for sure that most of the people who have adverse reactions to the vaccine are under 50.

That seems to be the case more with Pfizer, than Moderna from my circle of about 100 people right now. However, if someone were to get the shot and then do strenuous exercise or a lot of work, they tend to have a rough time even with Moderna. Those that are older that get Pfizer tend to not have issues from what I have seen. Younger ones are usually down 1 to 3 days.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 06:53 PM

i know 3 people who had pretty bad reactions
made me go on hold
Posted By: Longeye

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
i know 3 people who had pretty bad reactions
made me go on hold

Me as well (I know 5 people who had bad reactions). I didn't know this,
but it is not FDA approved. So that means, you are part of the experiment??
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 07:14 PM

Got my second Moderna shot about 2 months ago. No issues since at all. I am around COVID positive people regularly and so far none of us with the vaccines that get exposed to positive patients have gotten COVID.

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Got my second Moderna shot about 2 months ago. No issues since at all. I am around COVID positive people regularly and so far none of us with the vaccines that get exposed to positive patients have gotten COVID.

That's really good to know. Thank you!
Posted By: J2H1

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 08:52 PM

Friends and relatives with Pfizer had no reactions. Five friends and wife had flu like symptoms from 1 to 3 days with 2nd Moderna shot.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 08:55 PM

No problems with Modern here for myself and wife as well as several friends who got them the same day in Feb. Had a friend who experienced all of them with Pfizer but wife didn't.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:01 PM

I had flu like symptoms for about 10 hours beginning about 12 hours after the shot. Recovered quickly though and no issue since.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:24 PM

Johnson & Johnson single shot here on march 9th, No Issues at all.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:30 PM

1st shot down...only sore arm. Waiting on my date for the 2nd.

Phizer

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dognot
Johnson & Johnson single shot here on march 9th, No Issues at all.

So far, you're the second person I've heard of that has had the J&J. The other one said it knocked him down for a couple of days. Guess it's like Pfizer and Moderna, affects people differently.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:50 PM

I got a 3rd arm now but it comes in handy at the Mexican Restaurants! woot
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 09:53 PM

Kind of interesting the variety of after effects by both the first and second shots. Wife gets her 2nd shot of Moderna this week, I have another couple weeks to go. She had a sore arm and headache with the 1st shot for a couple days but nothing since, while I only had a sore to the touch at the shot location for about a half day but 2 weeks in my shot area has gotten reddish.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 10:02 PM

I got my 2nd Moderna shot about a month ago. I wouldn’t call it an adverse reaction but had body aches, fatigue, and chills about 12 hours in and that lasted about 12 hours and then it was gone as fast as it came. No problems since
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 10:20 PM

Other than the fact that the voices are louder I had zero side effects from 2 shots of Moderna. And I'm pushing 69years old.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/29/21 10:51 PM

I had Phizer. Sore arm for 2 days.
2nd Phizer shot is this Thursday
Posted By: TCK73

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 01:25 AM

I have not been vaccinated, but know several that are. My parents are 76 and neither are that healthy, they both have health issues. They took the Moderna, and were both sore after the first shot. The second shot didn’t affect my dad, but my mom had flu like symptoms for a day and a half. My sister and her husband took the Moderna, they are mid 40’s and neither had issues other than soreness. One co-worker took the J&J, and he never experienced anything, he is mid 30’s. His nurse wife took the Phizer when it was first released, and said it’s like having a hangover, she is late 20’s. I had two guys both early 40’s take the Phizer last week, one of them never had any issues, they other ran fever and was down for the weekend. So from what I can see, it’s a dice roll as to whether you will have symptoms.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 01:18 PM

I got my second Moderna shot on a Thursday morning, and worked all day that day. Thursday night I felt run down. Friday I woke up feeling like [censored] and stayed home. Saturday morning I got up and went fishing, turned out to be one of my best fishing trips, ever!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 01:31 PM

Both me and my wife are in our 70's and we both got our second shots last week.
I got both the Moderna thru the VA, and she got both her shots of Pfizer thru her doctor.
Neither one of us had any issues at all with the first and second shots. Not even a sore arm!
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 01:36 PM

Getting the 2nd Moderna on Friday. Sore arm on the 1st one.

JR
Posted By: Beak47

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 04:39 PM

Many of us older Vets remember the live virus flu shot and it was worse for me than either Covid shot.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 04:43 PM

I wonder if your age plays into the reactions, if you have any.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 05:04 PM

father and step mother , in their 80's , both had Moderna shots without any affects .
I read an article claiming that most people whom are having "severe " reactions to any of the shots are either infected with COVID and don't know it , or have been infected with COVID within the past 90 days and didn't know it .
The article also claimed this is the first time in the history of vaccinations that we are giving out the vaccine at the same time the virus is still active within society . Apparently this s creating lots of the complications we are seeing with some people .
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 05:34 PM

Over 87, got my 2nd shot (Modera) 2/21, no problems, However, thought it had hit me Saturday, In the morning I was f eeling lousy (Upset stomach), Gut renching vomit at approx . 10am, 5 more until about 6 pm, along with several stool visits, early Sunday 3 more upchucking, NO fever, although a cold sweat. Ate just a soup and light sandwich Monday, Feeling pretty weak today and still afraid to eat....... Wife and I had eaten the same foods prior. Funny, had never thought "VIRUS" at any other time feeling off center.
Posted By: jimmytimmy87

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
I had flu like symptoms for about 10 hours beginning about 12 hours after the shot. Recovered quickly though and no issue since.

This for both me and my wife.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Beak47
Many of us older Vets remember the live virus flu shot and it was worse for me than either Covid shot.

horrible and you were given no choice.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/30/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by jimmytimmy87
Originally Posted by leethefishking

This for both me and my wife.

Same for me after the second Pfizer shot.
Posted By: Space

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/31/21 12:07 PM

Got my 1st shot yesterday (3-30) I have a sore shoulder that is slightly swollen. I will let you know if there are any other side affects.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 03/31/21 12:21 PM

Had a Fever for one day , gone the next. No big deal .
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/02/21 05:23 PM

We got our second shot yesterday afternoon. Sore arm and that is it.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/02/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerTR21
We got our second shot yesterday afternoon. Sore arm and that is it.

Wife got her second one yesterday morning. Slight sore arm last night, more sore this morning, and just said she feels off, more than normal.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/02/21 05:55 PM

Got my first moderna shot yesterday at tarrant county drive thru. Saw 2 people have bad reactions in the waiting line afterwards. One went to the ground outside the vehicle and the other stayed in the car but needed treatment.

Had a 4 mile line and a 2 hour wait at the Farrington fieldhouse. Good thing was there was a lot of smoking hot tail walking the trinity trail, weekends vaccine date would probably be worth it

81 year old dad got his 2nd moderna shot on Wednesday and felt fatigued yesterday afternoon and went to bed. About 10pm started to feel better
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/02/21 06:39 PM

My wife had no reactions to her first Moderna, my dad and a guy I work with and his wife all got both Moderna shots with 0 reactions. I got both Pfizer shots with no reactions.

Pretty quick and painless process.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/02/21 06:48 PM

Wife got hers yesterday, didn't feel good late last night, and left work early today. Running a fever, and says she feels like crap.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/03/21 12:06 AM

From what I've been told: "That tells us that it's working". Having been vaccinated 2X with the Pfizer solution: so far, so good. Mild after-injection symptoms, then nothing.

Hope it works for you . . . . . .
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/03/21 03:43 AM

Yep looks like 6 mths e1 gonna have to do it again, this could get old.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/03/21 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

It beats dying

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/03/21 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

What? Pfizer vaccine shows 91% efficacy after 6 months, so... no. Moderna hasn't released their 6 month efficacy yet, but that should be done in a week or so
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/03/21 09:53 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: 2nd Moderna shot - 04/04/21 02:05 AM

We got our 2nd yesterday. I felt bad most of today and my wife had it much worse than I did. I now feel just about normal and she's still got a slight fever and a sore arm. Should be good tomorrow.

JR
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum