Posted By: blooper961

I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:06 AM

Herded through the tents like cattle.
Got sick of the code scanning
Got it thursday my arm still hurts
My favorite part was waiting 15 minutes afterwards to make sure you didnt die
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:15 AM

Just got added on a waiting list that has 1000 doses. I was number #976. Now just waiting for a date and time. thumb

Side Note: Not in any big hurry! cheers
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 11:54 AM

I received both shots the Moderna one Arm was a little sore at the injection site for about a day!!
Posted By: cellis

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 12:04 PM

Got the first shot yesterday.
Posted By: nitroZ7girl

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 12:37 PM

CVS has plenty of appointments available this morning for today thru Wednesday. They have 2-dose available not the J&J. I got my J&J last Sunday with no arm pain or side effects. It was an easy in and out in 20 minutes including the 15 minute wait time after.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 02:10 PM

Got my first moderna vaccine on Feb.27 from the VA, and I got my wife's appointment 4 days later from her Dr.'s office and she got the fisa vaccine.
Neither of us had any issues.
We get our second doses week after next on 23 and 27.
I was having a heck of a time getting anyone to answer any of the calls I was putting in, and then when I finally was able to get our appointments, it was like the floodgates opened and the vaccine supply exploded.
Posted By: TR176

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:25 PM

There is no enforceable requirement to stay 15 minutes one can simply leave right after the shot.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
There is no enforceable requirement to stay 15 minutes one can simply leave right after the shot.

Correct, but it is advisable, especially if you've ever had an anaphylaxis reaction.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:27 PM

In the drive thru, they force you into waiting lines. You may not be required, but getting 50 plus cars to move out of your way may be difficult
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

In the drive thru, they force you into waiting lines. You may not be required, but getting 50 plus cars to move out of your way may be difficult

Not sure why anyone would not want to wait the time frame that anaphylaxis could happen. I had to do that even when I had the Shingles vaccine. If you have the reaction they can treat you on the spot if you are driving and have a reaction it would most likely be the end in big letters.
Posted By: Chevy4dr57

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 05:55 PM

Not sure if it helped or not. The individual giving me a shot asked if i was on a blood thinner. I said yes so he advised me to hold my finger on the band aid to ensure it didn't bleed. I suspect by pressing on the area it possibly have spread the dosage further into my arm mussel which could have reduced the possibility of pain in a more confined area.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 06:02 PM

As long as the vaccine doesn't react with heroine I should be fine.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 08:49 PM

I have Phizer
And there was inforceable for a 15 minute wait.
A person standing in front of the line of cars waiting and the Ft Worth police on either side
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 09:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 09:12 PM

Bob you make cartoons now?

Can you do one about your experience at Costco?

I want to see the NRA hat, the shirt with the Eagle and flag and tacti-cool glasses should be on as well. Make the manager look like Beavis.

This is gonna rock...
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/13/21 09:40 PM

Hope it works out for you.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 01:14 AM

But since people have been so diligent to wear a mask, close their businesses, and stay away from loved ones, now is a damn good time to draw the line on being disobedient and not follow orders. Trust the dang science or not, but don’t pick and choose which amount of inconvenience you pick to draw the line at.

I’m not sure why that comment twisted me off. So very sorry.
Posted By: Canino

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 01:38 AM

I was skeptical that group 1C (over 50 years) would actually be getting shots starting Monday 03/15 as planned, but that's the group I'm in and I just got notified that I'm on the schedule for Thursday the 18th.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 01:42 AM

Sheeple . . . .
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark

But since people have been so diligent to wear a mask, close their businesses, and stay away from loved ones, now is a damn good time to draw the line on being disobedient and not follow orders. Trust the dang science or not, but don’t pick and choose which amount of inconvenience you pick to draw the line at.

"It's for your own protection . . . . and for those around you. What if you went into reactive shock and lost control of your vehicle?"

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 02:10 AM

I used to have to wait in the doctor's waiting room for 15 minutes after getting allergy shots in the 70s. Not sure why this is something controversial, it has been standard practice for decades.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 03:09 AM

Got my first one Thursday. So far no new limbs growing

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Bob you make cartoons now?

Can you do one about your experience at Costco?

I want to see the NRA hat, the shirt with the Eagle and flag and tacti-cool glasses should be on as well. Make the manager look like Beavis.

This is gonna rock...

roflmao Let me think about that.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
Originally Posted by Mudshark

"It's for your own protection . . . . and for those around you. What if you went into reactive shock and lost control of your vehicle?"

I still get allergy shots once a month. They make you stay in the office for 30 minutes. I've left before the time period and the next time they asked me sign a waiver. For allergy shots, I can see the wait. Anaphylactic shock is a real thing with allergy stuff. But not sure why this would apply to a Flu shot. I've never had to wait after the standard yearly Flu shot.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Go-N-Slow

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 04:10 AM

3.5 hours waiting with appointment...no code scanning...they checked once to make sure I had an appointment...arm was sore for several days but not a big deal....2nd Pfizer dose due in 3 weeks.....
Posted By: Westside.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 04:34 AM

This thread is not complete without Beaks input
Posted By: Barrett

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 04:50 AM

Not a chance Im getting that thing!!

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Anaphylactic shock is a real thing with allergy stuff. But not sure why this would apply to a Flu shot.

Probably because there have been documented cases of anaphylaxis with both the Pfizer and the Moderna shots:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7004e1.htm

The rate is extremely low, but it isn't zero.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Canino
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Anaphylactic shock is a real thing with allergy stuff. But not sure why this would apply to a Flu shot.

Probably because there have been documented cases of anaphylaxis with both the Pfizer and the Moderna shots:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7002e1.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7004e1.htm

The rate is extremely low, but it isn't zero.

Well, there it is then! Case solved.
thumb
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 01:42 PM

Not going to any trouble to get the vaccine. Already had Covid last March. Wasn’t that big of a deal. If they give the shot at work and I can just walk down stairs and get it I would do that.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 03:14 PM

Im getting my 1st shot tomorrow.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 07:59 PM

Got both. By some divine miracle, I wasn't part of the 0.002% that had the anaphylaxic reaction. Not sure how I dodged that bullet. grin
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/14/21 10:35 PM

Got the 2nd Moderna shot Saturday. No side effects. I got the vaccine because I'm not a Texas stud muffin...just an old sheeple...:)
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/15/21 02:48 AM

peep
Posted By: 206champion

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/15/21 07:14 PM

I got my 1st shot this morning.
Posted By: lost again

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 03/15/21 07:29 PM

Got the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this morning. My arm and shoulder are a little sore right now.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/02/21 06:50 PM

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot today. 1st shot was 3 weeks ago and my arm was pretty sore for 2 days. Hopefully this one won't be so bad.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/02/21 07:02 PM

I got the Moderna shot last week Thursday. Arm was sore for a day and I got a couple headaches the next day. My 34 year old wife got on a waiting list for the Johnson and Johnson shot and got it two days later. If you are over the age of 18 and you want the shot you can get the shot now if you try at all.
Posted By: Tsunami_1

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/02/21 07:28 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Space

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/03/21 02:48 PM

Got my first on Tuesday (3-30) had a sore arm for 2 days. I'll get my 2nd on 4-27. Did not even get out of my car, in and out in just over 20 minutes.
Posted By: presley

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/03/21 07:19 PM

Got mine at my doctors office. No waiting, except for 15 after the shot.
Posted By: Tsunami_1

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/03/21 09:23 PM

Davis Pharmacy in Weatherford. Check in, shot, and observation time, a total of 23 mins. A slightly sore arm the first day. We'll see what happens on the 2nd shot (April 24th). I hope for all of you that decide to take the vaccine your experience is as little of a hassle as I found mine to be.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 06:32 PM

I get my 2nd Phizer shot in 90 minutes....I'll be so excited I may do donuts out in the TMS parking lot! cheers
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 06:34 PM

I got both doses of Pfizer. Second shot will hit you harder than the first.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 06:35 PM

Got my first shot about 3 weeks ago, it was a very organized process.
Posted By: DJB

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 09:49 PM

Finished both shots, Pfizer. Was sick as a dog both shots. Still not near as bad as the shingles vaccine

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 09:52 PM

You don't get sick until the second one.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 09:56 PM

I'm running across more people who got sick from both shots. Don't know if ill do booster shots ,if that's whats next!
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 09:59 PM

Had my two of the Pfizer. First one my arm was sore for a day. Like a flu shot.

Second was nothing. Arm not sore, no side effects at all.

However I know some people do feel a bit sick for a day or two. Thats good. Body is mounting a defense to the invader, learning its ways so when it sees it again it destroys it with the quickness. This is our way out of this craziness.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by DJB
Finished both shots, Pfizer. Was sick as a dog both shots. Still not near as bad as the shingles vaccine

First Pfizer dose I just had a slightly sore arm for couple of days. Second I had developed a slight fever and body aches about 12 hours after receiving it which lasted maybe 6-8 hours.

You had a bad reaction to the shingles vaccine? Other than a bit of a sore arm I had no reaction to either dose of it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Techfisher
Got the 2nd Moderna shot Saturday. No side effects. I got the vaccine because I'm not a Texas stud muffin...just an old sheeple...:)

They ain’t stud muffins. More like muffin tops.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 10:54 PM

Ain't nothing doin'....just like pushing the easy button. Go get your shot or go lock yourself up. We don't want ya huffin' and puffin' roun' here.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

You don't get sick until the second one.

Everyone is different, kinda like getting covid. Kinda makes me wounder, if you got a reaction from the shot, does that mean you would have got a reaction from getting covid? Or if you did not get a reaction from the shot, does that mean you would not get a reaction from covid (asymptomatic)?

My wife did not feel good for a week after 2nd shot.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/06/21 11:38 PM

My pharmacist told me I probably already had covid and didn't realize it since I reacted so bad to the vaccine. But every body's different.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 05:13 PM

The first thing I would do is get your doctor to test your blood for anti-bodies.

If you have a good level of anti-bodies, you can skip the shots (and possible sickness).
Posted By: Space

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 06:37 PM

Got my first last week. It went smoothly no real wait except last 15 minutes which was only 5, less than 15 minutes total.
Posted By: greenen

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by MAK747
Originally Posted by DJB

First Pfizer dose I just had a slightly sore arm for couple of days. Second I had developed a slight fever and body aches about 12 hours after receiving it which lasted maybe 6-8 hours.

You had a bad reaction to the shingles vaccine? Other than a bit of a sore arm I had no reaction to either dose of it.

Second Pfizer shot gave me the chills/sweats a night after it.
I went home from work for the first time ever after my second shingles shot. Tore me up.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 07:50 PM

I got shot 1 and will get shot 2. Wife does not intend to get the shot till she can do so more easily. Plus she want to make sure I don't suffer side effects...
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
I got shot 1 and will get shot 2. Wife does not intend to get the shot till she can do so more easily. Plus she want to make sure I don't suffer side effects...

I can relate I was the guinea pig in our family as well. Had both Pfizer shots no major issues at all just a bit tired for 24 hours. Arm was sore but not as bad as from the Shingles vaccine.

Wife has now had her first Pfizer shot 2nd one scheduled at the end of this month.

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 10:21 PM

We have shot No 2 on Thursday a week ago no problems
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: I got vaccine no 1 - 04/08/21 10:39 PM

Anybody near Burleson, they've been asking people to sign up the past few days. Signed a coworker up at 12:05 for a 3:30 appointment today. He had been waiting a month on Denton County and was supposed to go Saturday, but now he's got shot number 1.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum