Texas Fishing Forum

2d Shot.....

Posted By: V-Bottom

2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 01:20 AM

I'll be getting my 2d covid vaccine come this Friday. Anyone here have any bad side effects afterward?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 01:27 AM

I had a sore arm and a chill in the first night after the shot. Up the next morning feeling fine, nothing else.
Posted By: TR176

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 01:39 AM

No.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:07 AM

None and no one I know has had any except for a sore arm for a couple of days.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:12 AM

"bad" side effects ?

I took the second shot yesterday afternoon around 3pm. Noticed some soreness in the area of the injection last evening, then went to bed.

Today, I've had intermittent chills, general muscle soreness that comes and goes, and I just checked, my temperature is 100.1

What I'm reporting is within the parameters of what I was prepared for by the physician's assistant. She said that the mild side effects show that the vaccine is working.

I'm 72 and I expect to feel much better tomorrow.

Well, yesterday's tomorrow is here and I do indeed feel much better. Body temp is back to 97.1, no chills yet, no body aches.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:12 AM

Those that I know, including myself, that received the Moderna vaccine had none to very slight reactions after the second shot. Several friends in the medical field that I know had Pfizer and they did spike high fevers and felt bad for 12 to 18 hours. Those were younger, usually in their 20's. I'm the youngest of my group that received Moderna. Usually the older you are, it seems the lesser the reaction.

Either way, I wish you luck!
Posted By: JCG57

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:27 AM

Will receive my 2nd Pfizer jab Thursday morning. Will report any reactions.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:44 AM

I got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday morning at 730am. Sore arm, no fever, slight chills, and pretty good body ache but nothing that hasn’t been overcome by 2 Tylenol. Definitely could feel something, just not too terribly bad though. Not bad enough to miss work or anything like that.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:46 AM

1shot > 2dshot
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 02:55 AM

Thanx for the info...
Posted By: pchapin

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 03:18 AM

Had my second Pfizer on February 6. Maybe a little lower energy but hard to say since the weather was too bad to go fishing.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 04:57 PM

Really no side effects at all on 1st or 2nd Moderna. Injection site was slightly tender if you touched it. Not enough to say it hurt though.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 06:05 PM

I had zero side effects with either one. Maybe I am in the placebo group?
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 06:08 PM

Took the 2nd Pfizer shot this Monday. Moderate injection site soreness/tenderness for 24 hours. I have just a little soreness left now at 48 hours. No other symptoms. I'm a healthy 32.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 06:18 PM

Does 1Shot get 2 shots?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Does 1Shot get 2 shots?

Def 2d shots
Posted By: oldjer

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 06:48 PM

I got my second shot today. Took 1 1/2 hours. Yea! banana
Posted By: OTFF

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
I had zero side effects with either one. Maybe I am in the placebo group?

Now I wish I hadn’t read this. Maybe I was too. I had no reactions on either. My wife got pretty sick after the second injection. But I have had Covid, so I hope I am good for a while either way.
Posted By: Buchbass2

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/24/21 11:09 PM

Got my second in Belton this morning, never had to leave the vehicle, just drove right through the Expo center, took about 45 minutes.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/26/21 09:17 PM

For what it's worth I got my second one yesterday and I've had zero side effects.

Not even the sore arm I had after the first one.

I got the Pfizer vaccine up at the Texas motor speedway. Still very efficient whole process took 20 minutes exactly including the 15 minute mandatory wait.

An associate of mine got his first one at Fair Park today and described that it was running okay but not great. Took a little over an hour and a half. He seemed to have overheard some shouting or whatever while waiting in his car in line. It appears as though there was a good number of people showing up who had not had appointments. His theory was that all of those people having to get their vehicles out of the line and go back etc was slowing down the whole process for those who did have appointments confirmed to get vaccinated this morning.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/26/21 09:47 PM

Got my 2nd Moderna on Tuesday at TMS. My arm wasn't as sore as it was after the first dose.
The next day I did have a mild headache mid morning and my neck seemed to be a little stiff. But that could have been the numerous rum & cokes I had the night before.

And TMS runs this as efficient as a Chic Fil A drive thru. I barely even slowed down until I had the mandatory 15 minute wait.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/26/21 09:57 PM

I talked to a friend today who got his second on Wed. He started with the side effects yesterday and still doesn't feel good today. His wife had no reaction. He's the first of my acquaintances who showed side effects, and most have had both shots by now.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: 2d Shot..... - 02/26/21 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Schiller
Got my 2nd Moderna on Tuesday at TMS. My arm wasn't as sore as it was after the first dose.
The next day I did have a mild headache mid morning and my neck seemed to be a little stiff. But that could have been the numerous rum & cokes I had the night before.

And TMS runs this as efficient as a Chic Fil A drive thru. I barely even slowed down until I had the mandatory 15 minute wait.

They are killing it up there man!

If we had one of those at every Race track and sport stadium... working that fast. This would be done in a month.

I guess the supply is still the biggest hurdle. JJ got approved today. That will help BIG time. Esp being just one jab and not two.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum