Texas Fishing Forum

Tiger Woods injured

Posted By: Coach Hark

Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:46 PM

In a single vehicle accident. Gotten out by the jaws of life.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:50 PM

Just about to post this, prayers up
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:53 PM

Hate to hear this, hope there is no foul play.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:55 PM

Praying for Tiger....reports say that he has broken both legs and had to be removed from car by the jaws of life.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:55 PM

Praying for Tiger Woods . The Lord Jesus Christ has control ! angel2

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 07:59 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:04 PM

His agent said he has suffered multiple leg injuries and is in surgery.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
[Linked Image]

i guess this pretty much decides our wager
we did not have an injury clause
1 of many Tiger bets to collect on

i felt really bad for him after watching the documentary also
prayers up for healing & gratitude Tiger
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:18 PM

angel up.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:29 PM

Prayers.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:32 PM

Sad prayers to him and his family.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:33 PM

Dang. Any idea what kind of car he was in?
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:34 PM

Doesn't sound good, but positive it doesn't sound life threatening. At any rate, my guess is he has played in his last PGA tourney (at least until 50)... Sad deal, hopefully not pills....
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:35 PM

Whisky bottles and brand new cars, oak tree your in my way...
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bissett

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bissett

The totalled one
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:38 PM

Just saw the video. He must have been booking it pretty good based on the debris trail and how far he ended up off the road
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Whisky bottles and brand new cars, oak tree your in my way...

There’s too much coke and too much smoke, Look what’s going on inside you... rock

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
[Linked Image]

How about a guided trip to Ivie instead by yours truly.....just bought me a couple of A-rigs.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 08:48 PM

Like most of his drives, over swings and ends up in the rough......

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 09:28 PM

I hate to speculate, but after watching his interview with Nantz on Sunday, I'm afraid some negative stuff will come out from this accident. He did not look right in the interview. I know if I was on my 5th back surgery and had the stature that he does, I'd be living with some major addiction of some sort.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
[Linked Image]

How about a guided trip to Ivie instead by yours truly.....just bought me a couple of A-rigs.

& a big green egg
if you really wanted to do Ivie
we could team up
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 10:03 PM

Probably not the type publicity Genesis needs for its new SUV.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 10:30 PM

keep 'em coming
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 10:41 PM

Dude on TV said a high rate of speed contributed to the crash. Then followed that up with "he was probably going too fast" bang
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 10:45 PM

Contrary to the initial release sent out by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department ... a source with the fire department tells us the jaws of life were NOT used to free Tiger from the crash.

Saw this earlier.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:01 PM

That’s a new Bentley SUV.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:02 PM

Why is this carp the first thing on the 5:00 news? I really don't care.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:07 PM

This sucks. I am glad he didn’t die. The images from the scene and his vehicle are scary as hell Hope he can recover enough to enjoy time with his kids without too much pain, especially his son, Charlie, who he was spending a lot of time with on the golf course.

He looked and sounded unwell this weekend when he was interview as host for the Genesis Open. Given his history with the DUI and his recent surgery, I hope it wasn’t caused by being on pain meds.

The area where the wreck occurred apparently is very steep and has caused so many issues it has bailout areas for runaway vehicles. Some media have speculated that he may have hit a curb and lost control with speed being a factor.

Scary stuff. Prayers up.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I’m guessing it was a Genesis. He is sponsored by them and he was in town for the Genesis golf tournament, which he was hosting on Genesis’ behalf. It has the Genesis emblem on the door in the picture. Is Genesis under the Bentley umbrella? I don’t know anything about Genesis cars.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Contrary to the initial release sent out by the L.A. County Sheriff's Department ... a source with the fire department tells us the jaws of life were NOT used to free Tiger from the crash.

Saw this earlier.

Crazy to think the sheriff’s department would screw something like that up in their press release. Wow.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:15 PM

Genesis is Hyundai's luxury line of autos.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:18 PM

IDAD about this louse!!

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:22 PM

I believe he was out there for the weekend tournament that was sponsored by Genesis and was driving one of the tournament sponsored vehicles. The overhead shots with the large Genesis logo on the door probably makes Genesis execs cringe every time they show it on national news.
Posted By: DI

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:26 PM

It will make him winning the Masters even more amazing.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Why is this carp the first thing on the 5:00 news? I really don't care.

Bye Felicia
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/23/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

He looked and sounded unwell this weekend when he was interview as host for the Genesis Open. Given his history with the DUI and his recent surgery, I hope it wasn’t caused by being on pain meds.

My immediate thought when was put onscreen, he looked fat faced, puffy. Weird
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 01:59 AM

Hate to say it, but his golf game is likely over. He suffered some serious leg injuries to say the least and is fortunate to have survived. Wish him the best.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 02:13 AM

Everybody seems to love to hate on Tiger. He has/had his demons. He paid for his short comings. I’m not to judge him. To me this is saddening that a man that transcended the sport of golf career will possibly end like this. He took the game of golf to the next level to where it is today. Prayers for healing and hopefully return to golf or graceful retirement

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by fishslime
Hate to say it, but his golf game is likely over. He suffered some serious leg injuries to say the least and is fortunate to have survived. Wish him the best.

That on top of the back problems is too much. Bet he coaches his son. That would be cool.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 02:50 AM

Can't catch Jack now
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 03:36 AM

Tiger needs the “Only God can judge me” tat because everyone else is quick to judge him.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
Everybody seems to love to hate on Tiger. He has/had his demons. He paid for his short comings. I’m not to judge him. To me this is saddening that a man that transcended the sport of golf career will possibly end like this. He took the game of golf to the next level to where it is today. Prayers for healing and hopefully return to golf or graceful retirement

Well said.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 04:38 AM

angel2
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I’m guessing it was a Genesis. He is sponsored by them and he was in town for the Genesis golf tournament, which he was hosting on Genesis’ behalf. It has the Genesis emblem on the door in the picture. Is Genesis under the Bentley umbrella? I don’t know anything about Genesis cars.

It was a 2021 Genesis GV80 just like all the ones on the course last weekend.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 06:24 AM

Wow

https://twitter.com/tigerwoods/status/1364447580520738820?s=21

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 03:21 PM

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

What really happened. There were bee's in the car popcorn peep
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 05:49 PM

I thought the same as some of you have already said “he didn’t look or sound right”?
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Duke 22

Well said.

I don't know enough about golf to like or hate Tiger. People like me aren't exactly welcomed at the country clubs.
However this accident seems self inflicted. Sure its a bummer that his career is likely over, but he did it to himself. Which most people would say if he was a commoner. Since it's an elitist golfer, people think its such a terrible accident.
Just read any comments about a wreck caused by speed. Everyone would be calling that person an idiot, reckless, and got what they deserved.
American double standards and celebrity worship is always on full display.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 07:41 PM

We’re only human
Born to make mistakes.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 08:22 PM

The TFF hates anyone that is successful, at least in the Bass section. The OT hates everyone.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas

The TFF hates anyone that is successful, at least in the Bass section. The OT hates everyone.

Get off my lawn!
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 09:40 PM

investigation turns out it was a tire issue..... he had a hole in one.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 10:30 PM

Compound fractures of the upper and lower part of the Tibula and Fibula and messed up his ankle too. Pins...screws everywhere. Don't know which leg/s. I read no signs of booze. Pulled him out thru the w/s.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 10:40 PM

I am going to bet that speed was a factor and not being familiar with the vehicle. My wife had the Genesis back in 09/10 and that thing was fast and the steering was extremely responsive.
It took some seat time to get use to it. I liked it better than the porsche and farrari that I used to drive.

The good thing, all the air bags deployed and kept him safe. That's going to be a big plus in Genesis safety brochure. Hyundai is no longer
the throw away cars, like when they entered the market.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Saw this earlier.

I have read that also.
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/24/21 11:20 PM

Sounds like he's fortunate to have kept his leg, too.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 01:14 AM

[Linked Image]

Too soon?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 01:32 AM

Better not be any hanky-panky involved, like alcohol or drugs. He'll get skewered.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 01:59 AM

Single vehicle accident that ends the second greatest golf career of all time—he will get sympathy.

If others were involved or hurt, then yes, there would be lots of explaining to do.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:12 AM

Ben Hogan came back. I would not bury Tiger’s career just yet. He will have a long road to come back.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
[Linked Image]

Too soon?

It could be 100 years and that's too soon
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:26 AM

In a way, maybe it’s a load off of him. He won’t ever have to prove himself anymore. What more is there to prove? Now he can coach the boy and join Bones in the booth to talk about the direction the grass is growing.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by HasBen
Ben Hogan came back. I would not bury Tiger’s career just yet. He will have a long road to come back.

Miracles happen; and that’s what he will need recovering from his 5th spine surgery and now with a peg leg.

I hope he can find peace and happiness.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:39 AM

Great career playing golf, to be honest I'm not sure he's done with yet, if he is done what a journey, polarizing individual on and off the course, made the game so much better. DJ the time is now

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:43 AM

I hope he puts his energy into his son. So much potential.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:44 AM

[Linked Image]

Too soon?

roflmao roflmao

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
[Linked Image]

Too soon?

It could be 100 years and that's too soon

So perfect timing then.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 02:54 AM

You really only need the back leg anyway
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 11:21 AM

They said this morning that there were over a dozen similar accidents that happened right there over the last 6 months. Tiger says he does not remember it which left me doubtful of him but with so many others in the same place I give him the credit of the doubt.

I believe injuries like he got will be career ending. I wish him well.
That stretch of road may be like a Bermuda triangle.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 11:48 AM

Something tells me that he will be OK. I do hope that he can recover enough to remain active somehow in the pro circuit.

In 2018, Woods' estimated net worth was at $800 million, however, he has brought in more capital than that over his historical career, according to Forbes. Since 1996 Wood's has earned $1.5 billion from a variety of revenue streams, including endorsements, appearances, and course design fees.

Re: Tiger Woods injured - 02/25/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen

I think he is done. Achilles surgery, multiple knee surgeries, five back surgeries, including a fusion and he is 46. But people keep bringing Hogan and his accident up, and I can’t help but think how far medical science has come since 1949 when Hogan had his pelvis fractured in two places, broken collarbone and a fractured ankle in 1949 and came back.

However, I still don’t think Tiger can come back, and that’s ok. He doesn’t owe anybody anything, and I wouldn’t have blamed him if he semi-retired to focus on his family, even before this accident. He’s been through a lot and it was good to see him come back a little more humble and human a few years ago. It’s been great to see him spend so much attention on his kids.

Like Tom Brady, it’s hard to count him out, but I don’t know about this comeback, given his age and his injury history.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum