Texas Fishing Forum

No FEMA Relief

Posted By: T Bird

No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:11 PM

for home repairs if you have insurance.

Who the hell doesn't have homeowner insurance?

If you have homeowner insurance and it doesn't cover all of your repair/loss cost, then you may be eligible for some FEMA assistance for those uncovered repairs/losses.

FEMA will not reimburse for food loss due to the power outage.

Not quite sure who FEMA is helping under Biden's emergency declaration approval?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:15 PM

I bet they will be handing out truckloads of blue tarps.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:21 PM

That is actually pretty common. A few years ago during a winter storm we lost power for several days, but worse, the snow on the roof dammed up some water that found it's way down an interior wall. Our insurance paid for the repairs inside (minus the deductible) but not for the repair to the roof where the problem came from. Our area was under a Federal Emergency to help with covering damages. What our insurance didn't cover we could file with the County/State and wait to see if we got any of the Federal Disaster money. Very few residents saw that money. Most of it went to Government, power companies, and Businesses. My insurance company did cover food loss, and would have covered hotel room if any had been available under it's Loss of Use clause.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:27 PM

You get what you vote for. Elections have consequences ! whip
Posted By: donothin

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:43 PM

Yup we will not have our leader here throwing out paper towels.
Posted By: donothin

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

absolutely and so far it has been good.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
Yup we will not have our leader here throwing out paper towels.

Being how much the left hate Texas, I'm not surprised that he hasn't shown up here. I'm sure President Biden has been busy putting together his pillow fort in the basement of the White House.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:13 PM

10 days in and what? Bush was persecuted by the press and the Dems starting day 2 in NOLA post Hurricane Katrina. 2 days after the storm Bush ordered 7500 Federal troops in and signed a $10.5B emergency relief package. That's 48 hours post storm.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:21 PM

Are you ready for the invasion of illegals about to descend on Texas that your fearless leader has invited in?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:28 PM

You have not seen nothing yet! Just wait when the tidal wave hits. Never let a crisis waste! "The Democrat's Saying" !
Posted By: Bad93ex

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:34 PM

absolutely and so far it has been good for foreign countries receiving US taxpayer money

FIFY
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 04:40 PM

No help for citizens - we don't matter to the Federal govt. Especially not for citizens of Texas.
Posted By: TR176

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen

Are you ready for the invasion of illegals about to descend on Texas that your fearless leader has invited in?

Cumon man it’s only 100,000 a month.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 05:14 PM

Why would anyone have lost food in their house. That's just a lack of effort
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 05:15 PM

I don't think politics will effect fema's response at this point. Whoever is in charge gets the blame.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 06:38 PM

Yea, for china
Posted By: COFF

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Totally agree for homes. Perhaps the folks that left their house before they lost power?

I did read some interesting information about grocery stores and how they have to maintain a constant record of all their food temps. If they cannot prove that the food stayed below X degrees, they cannot sell it. When they lose power, they lose their record, and they have to throw out all the food.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 06:52 PM

The Texas power grid failed, Texas should cover it
Not feds
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:09 PM

With a democratic pres, I’d figure I could live on handouts! When does it start?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MARKIT
Not feds

Don’t think small. Lib love for spending other people’s money exceeds their hate for Texas...there’s an opportunity here. They can provide a little for the great state and use the majority of relief $’s to fund pet and/or woke projects.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:12 PM

Yep, could have put it in the garage in an ice chest. It would have been fine. I am sure there is a lot of red tape with FEMA. I was at Wal Mart today. They had a little bit of frozen meats. Refrigerated stuff was non existent.

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:26 PM

Not feds

Are they not Americans? How'd you feel about all the money we sent to Puerto Rico?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:50 PM

I eat in my sleep when I have no power. It should be covered.
I will see if I can get my pool equipment covered. Adjuster said FEMA is a slight possibility.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Not feds

Are they not Americans? How'd you feel about all the money we sent to Puerto Rico?

Texas chose to rely on their own power so we could avoid federal regulations. Kinda bit us in the butt! Just like varible electricity rates that are now a problem for some folks. It's all about the Benjamin's.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 07:54 PM

Not feds

If this was president, I would agree 100%, but Texas has been covering for the Cali blackouts every summer. and the winter storm that wiped out the east coast.
It is our turn, but we will be ignored as we are not Dem strongholds.

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason
Not feds

Texas chose to rely on their own power so we could avoid federal regulations. Kinda bit us in the butt! Just like varible electricity rates that are now a problem for some folks. It's all about the Benjamin's.

Ever heard of the EPA? Try to build a power plant and you will be in court 150 years.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by COFF

Totally agree for homes. Perhaps the folks that left their house before they lost power?

I did read some interesting information about grocery stores and how they have to maintain a constant record of all their food temps. If they cannot prove that the food stayed below X degrees, they cannot sell it. When they lose power, they lose their record, and they have to throw out all the food.

Correct, that's the cold chain
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 10:16 PM

So which of you guys actually needs help from the federal government and can't get it?
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 10:28 PM

W
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
So which of you guys actually needs help from the federal government and can't get it?

Me,
I figure I can live comfortably on a 100k a year.
Can you help?
Posted By: mattm

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/22/21 11:36 PM

My wife has a BIG Biden supporter friend on FB. She got told the same thing and frankly I agree. This is why you have insurance. If they don't cover something then go to FEMA.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 12:50 AM

I don't think politics will effect fema's response at this point. Whoever is in charge gets the blame.

No one in government actually gets blamed. And certainly not punished. Move along.
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 01:49 AM

Emptied our freezer items into tots and set in back of truck bed and refrigerated items in garage fridge with door left open, all was good.
65 hours no electricity, frozen lines none busted.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:05 AM

Not feds

Get real. Texas ain't gonna cover it. They are waiting for federal money even though there is a huge rainy day fund sitting there available for exactly this stuff. But hey, why spend your own money when you can spend that of the liberal administration while waiting for the next chance to sue them.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:12 AM

Not feds

The power grid did not fail. It did what it was supposed to do. The grids safety measures worked and you should be thankful for that.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:16 AM

i dont want my taxes paying for freeloaders looking for a handout.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by soggybottom

Too late. They have been for a while.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by soggybottom

Too late. They have been for a while.

Been going on for a very, very, very, very, LONGIME ! hammer
Posted By: stroker46

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:43 AM

Not feds

You are the truth! Now the the rest stop whining, cut corners now pay the piper!

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rayzor

No one in government actually gets blamed. And certainly not punished. Move along.

They always get blamed. Trump got blamed for everything, Biden will too. I think Biden is an idiot, but I ain't waiting for a Trump or a Biden to save my day, time to put the big boy panties on.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by stroker46
Not feds

You are the truth! Now the the rest stop whining, cut corners now pay the piper!

I have no dog in the fight at hand, but you wasted a perfectly good form of punctuation.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 04:36 AM

FEMA did very little to nothing after Hurricane Rita in my area. I know uninsured, older fixed income types with substantial damage that got nothing from FEMA despite a lot of effort.

moral of the story . . . don't hold your breath waiting on FEMA.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by RayBob
FEMA did very little to nothing after Hurricane Rita in my area. I know uninsured, older fixed income types with substantial damage that got nothing from FEMA despite a lot of effort.

As a side-note, I've never understood what "fixed income" has to do with factors relating to FEMA. I was always on a salary over a period of decades when working, and that too is a fixed income. As for insured vs. uninsured, if I'm financially responsible and pay $2k+ per year for insurance, and the guy down the road instead spends his on beer or a down payment on a new vehicle - he gets assistance and I don't? That's a great incentive plan!
Posted By: JackMason

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by RayBob

As a side-note, I've never understood what "fixed income" has to do with factors relating to FEMA. I was always on a salary over a period of decades when working, and that too is a fixed income. As for insured vs. uninsured, if I'm financially responsible and pay $2k+ per year for insurance, and the guy down the road instead spends his on beer or a down payment on a new vehicle - he gets assistance and I don't? That's a great incentive plan!

He gets assistance in situations such as a natural disaster, but if his house burns downs he's chit outta luck. You pay for insurance for protection and peace of mind. In a natural disaster you also may qualify for Fema assistance for things your insurance doesn't cover. You are way better off.
Posted By: slim1

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 01:54 PM

I don't understand why they have declared 108 counties but not the whole state. Delta county is one of the poorest counties in the state. People that live there can't get FEMA help. I guess they think northeast Texas didn't have any ice, snow, and cold. I have insurance. I managed to get a hotel in Paris for 4 days. 7 people in two rooms. Cost me $1,000. I had the money so that's not a problem. My son, his wife, and two young kids live paycheck to paycheck. This county is full of people like that. I'm sure there is a bunch of people around here that could use FEMA help.

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by slim1
I don't understand why they have declared 108 counties but not the whole state. Delta county is one of the poorest counties in the state. People that live there can't get FEMA help. I guess they think northeast Texas didn't have any ice, snow, and cold. I have insurance. I managed to get a hotel in Paris for 4 days. 7 people in two rooms. Cost me $1,000. I had the money so that's not a problem. My son, his wife, and two young kids live paycheck to paycheck. This county is full of people like that. I'm sure there is a bunch of people around here that could use FEMA help.

Thankfully your son has a family that can help.

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/23/21 03:23 PM

FEMA as with any gov agency is a jobs program for people who can’t get a capitalist job, and they all union thugs. Further,they always fail up. When the screw up they get a few billion more and a few hundred new GS 15s. Texan will be considered a success because they delivered a few cases of water and a few generators. Their 2020 budget was $18,000,000.000.00.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: No FEMA Relief - 02/24/21 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by stroker46
Not feds

I was just stirring the pot a bit, We got lucky and only had a few hours without power,
Get well soon Texas, that winter storm was a ((((((
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum