Texas Fishing Forum

Who is at fault?

Posted By: junbengreat

Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:27 AM

So I made a fb post on a family members post. An ex responded to my post and mentioned me by name , my wife saw it and is upset. Does she have any right to be mad at me? She’s upset my family member would be friends with an ex but surely I can’t be at fault. OT what is your opinion?
Posted By: COFF

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:28 AM

It’s your fault for posting on facebook. What are you like 14?

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by COFF

And a half
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:30 AM

wopics
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:32 AM

That’s retarded ... there’s no reason to get upset over something so small and harmless

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
wopics

I cannot. Privacy act of 1946
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:37 AM

My wife would probably find a way to kill the ex. Just hearing this story reminds me to sleep with 1 eye open. This is also why I don't facebook. She would kill me and everyone else. I hope she never finds the OT.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:37 AM

Your fault.

Como siempre amigo.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:38 AM

It doesn’t matter who is at fault, she is mad at you and you are trying to use logic to diffuse the situation. Good luck with that.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:39 AM

Myspace the ex for a rendezvous, nobody uses that anymore

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Myspace the ex for a rendezvous, nobody uses that anymore

roflmao
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:59 AM

You would have been off going to jail yesterday.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:03 AM

Totally Agree! thumb
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:35 AM

Not your fault....hers for grudging
Posted By: Canino

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:54 AM

She just needed something to get onto you about so she could score a bigger Valentine's Day present. An ex coming around posting on your comment is worth at least another couple hundred bucks worth of swag.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Your fault.

Como siempre amigo.

It is always your fault.

Regardless of situation and especially regardless of logic. It is built into the female genetic code. Some few are better at hiding that but you can be assured if not totally outspoken and in your face, it is bubbling just under the surface. Best course of action is learn to accept that as fact and just deal with it but don't let it bother you too much. Just the way it is. Pretend to be concerned about her feelings about it, But be like a duck and let it run off like water. but if something is coming at you, dive under the water to avoid the incoming,

Facebook is the Debil on stuff like this. It you cannot manage to not let it bother you too much, talk to a financial adviser and he/she will explain it in terms you can use to not get too bothered by it. There are exceptions to this such as certifiable batchit crazy. And pistols and such. Those are actually fairly rare and may require more expeditious counter measures but those are definitely not the norm by any means. I could charge you my normal fee but since I like you and sympathize with your situation there is no charge for this session. Regards, Dr. Jon
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 08:44 AM

It’s your fault for marrying that Mexican chick. You know how they be. Should’ve married a nice, docile white chick.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 10:59 AM

roflmao
Todas las chicas locas ese.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
It’s your fault for marrying that Mexican chick. You know how they be. Should’ve married a nice, docile white chick.

Just make sure their name isn't Karen
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
Your fault.

Como siempre amigo.

It is always your fault.

Regardless of situation and especially regardless of logic. It is built into the female genetic code.

Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon nails it here. The male never has a chance of escaping blame.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 12:34 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 01:35 PM

da plane....
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 02:14 PM

I'm not married, but even I know you're at fault. Just apologize and accept whatever punishment your wife gives you.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Canino
She just needed something to get onto you about so she could score a bigger Valentine's Day present. An ex coming around posting on your comment is worth at least another couple hundred bucks worth of swag.

This is very reasonable, and the ex may have done this on purpose. They may even have schemed this together. They can't figure out how to open a jar of pickles but they all know how to ruin a mans day.
Posted By: NoCoolNameToo

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 02:38 PM

Sac up and tell her to get over it and get in the kitchen and make you a sammich. Trust me womins like a man that takes control of a situation.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 03:10 PM

More details are needed. What exactly was said??
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.

Just make sure their name isn't Karen

I neglected to make sure of that
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by NoCoolNameToo
Sac up and tell her to get over it and get in the kitchen and make you a sammich. Trust me womins like a man that takes control of a situation.

R U married . . . to a woman?
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 03:37 PM

The wife and I have an agreement. I don't police her social media activity. She doesn't police mine.
A person can't control who someone else is friends with on social media. Especially someone who's not married to them. Like your relative. I would tell her to either get TF over it, block your ex so she doesn't see the comments, or unfriend the relative. It seems petty AF to me to get mad about it. But most women swim in pettiness.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Jon
Your fault.

Como siempre amigo.

It is always your fault.

Regardless of situation and especially regardless of logic. It is built into the female genetic code.

Dr. Jon

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly!

BUT RayBob, you omitted the greatest piece of wisdom he gifted any yute who reads his “Who is at fault” whitepaper. He didn’t just diagnose the problem...he gave them the actions they should take to address the problem. IMO it’s the most valuable section of his paper. I will paste it again here so it isn’t missed.

“Pretend to be concerned about her feelings about it“ - Dr. Jon
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 04:54 PM

Facebook strikes again! From some of the posts my wife gets from supposed "friends", it's obvious some have forgotten what friendship is.
Posted By: IC DOAN

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
It doesn’t matter who is at fault, she is mad at you and you are trying to use logic to diffuse the situation. Good luck with that.

There is much wisdom in these words here...
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:14 PM

Nailed it. Of course it’s not your fault, June, but it will always be your fault in her mind because that’s how they sometimes think.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Nailed it. Of course it’s not your fault, June, but it will always be your fault in her mind because that’s how they sometimes think.

Diagnosis doesn’t matter...prescription matters Duck Hunter. Demonstrating empathy with him is fine, but he’s in desperate need of solutions!

“Pretend to be concerned about her feelings about it“ - Dr. Jon
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Jon
Your fault.

Como siempre amigo.

It is always your fault.

Dr. Jon

thumb
Posted By: Popedaddy

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 06:38 PM

An ex? Ex wife I doubt, or a ex-girlfriend? Lived together girlfriend? Baby mama? If it’s just a girlfriend you were dating back in the day. Yea the wife is a history major apparently, bringing up old stuff. It’s In the past. Eventually, yep your fault.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 07:20 PM

I got off all social media and limit myself now to the THF and TFF - all I can say is my blood pressure is down about 30 points!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/11/21 07:26 PM

sounds petty to me
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat
So I made a fb post on a family members post. An ex responded to my post and mentioned me by name , my wife saw it and is upset. Does she have any right to be mad at me? She’s upset my family member would be friends with an ex but surely I can’t be at fault. OT what is your opinion?

Just because it's not your fault doesn't mean she's not going to blame you! Surely you've been married long enough to know that!
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:21 PM

my 2 cents....

you should have acted angry that, that sorry b!tch commented on your post, and you are going to block her immediately. That would be worth about 75 nookie points.

30 + years married... when the meanest dog barks.... you bark with them, not at them.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:22 PM

Buy her something nice and tell her to shut up. That's how I handle it.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
wopics

I cannot. Privacy act of 1946

You are protected under U.S. Code Title 47, TELECOMMUNICATIONS Chapter 5, WIRE OR RADIO COMMUNICATION Subchapter II, COMMON CARRIERS Part I, Common Carrier Regulation Section 206.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:26 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:35 PM

One of many reasons I am not on fb.

My wife would react the same way and over something petty like this it is not worth it.

Good luck, tell her it's her right to have the jealous feeling but to take it out on you when you did nothing wrong isn't going to happen. You can't control family members and what friends they choose, heck maybe they aren't even friends and the ex just follows someone in your family trying to stay in the know.

Tell the wife to assume positive intent as in most cases that's usually true.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:42 PM

Y'all should get one of those cute "couples" accounts.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:47 PM

If there is a disagreement between you and your wife, you are always wrong. Get used to it smile What's the old saying, Happy wife, Happy life!
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
my 2 cents....

you should have acted angry that, that sorry b!tch commented on your post, and you are going to block her immediately. That would be worth about 75 nookie points.

30 + years married... when the meanest dog barks.... you bark with them, not at them.

that was funny , but I would NEVER let me wife think she's the mean dog . personally , my wife would have only ben mad if she knew the EX and the EX had big boobs
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 06:21 PM

I don’t know if my answer has been posted but here’s the correct answer:

It doesn’t matter who’s fault it is you’ll never win an argument and REMEMBER THIS If momma ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy.

THE END
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 07:18 PM

Who would have thought, he could find two women to even talk to him, muchless marry! scared

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 09:16 PM

Update: She’s still mad
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 09:20 PM

diamonds, or chrome rims... that'll shut her up

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 09:28 PM

Still ! eek2 Good luck and don’t go around her if she has any sharp objects in her hand
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Still ! eek2 Good luck and don’t go around her if she has any sharp objects in her hand

Time to break out the pimp hand...

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

Time to break out the pimp hand...

Like a boss! thumb
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/12/21 11:20 PM

tell your wife to say "Mike who cheese harry" real fast several times. She will either laugh or slap you.

Or you can ask your wife to invite your ex over for a night cap to discuss the bad feelings.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 12:06 AM

Did you not hear a word Dr Jon said? He’s spoon fed you the solution. It’s time to face the music on this deal.

Murica

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 01:47 AM

violin
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 01:51 AM

Be nice about it, but tell her to just get over it.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 12:52 PM

Just tell her screw it & go fishin... Still pissed when you get back, go fishin again...at least one of you will be happy.

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 02:49 PM

Update: she’s still mad

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 02:52 PM

Start making back up plans and be prepared.
Make sure the heater is on in your she shed. Any random slip up now and you will be sleeping with your boat.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: Who is at fault? - 02/13/21 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by CKINCAID
Not your fault....hers for grudging

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum