Texas Fishing Forum

The world is in trouble

Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:32 PM

According to a recent Survey from Aegon Transamerica, only 7% of millennials (ages 20-29) got the following questions right.

1. You have $100 in your savings account that earns 2% interest annually. How much do you have after 5 years? A) $102. B) more than $102. C) less than $102 D) I don’t know. E) I refuse to answer.

2. You are earning 1% each year. Inflation is 2% annually. After 1 year, you can buy: A) more than you could a year ago. B) Same as a year ago. C) Less than a year ago. D) I don’t know. E) I refuse to answer.

3. Buying a single stock provides a safer return than buying a mutual fund. A) True. B) False C) I don’t know. D) Refuse to answer

We have 5 kids in this age group. I just sent them this survey and awaiting responses.

Dad school is in session.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:33 PM

They'll probably google it.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:33 PM

Don’t matter, gubment got my back
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:38 PM

Do you have a link to the poll?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:40 PM

Most of them dont have any money anyway so......

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:40 PM

Interesting stuff about how today’s generation views retirement.

The New Social Contract
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:42 PM

How many is 7% of millennials?

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
How many is 7% of millennials?

Approx 210 out of 3,000 ages 20-29
Also, 52% of respondents in this age said they lived with their parents in 2020.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 04:50 PM

Gamers got game
Posted By: Canino

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
According to a recent Survey from Aegon Transamerica, only 7% of millennials (ages 20-29) got the following questions right...

This survey couldn't be all that recent. The generally-accepted birth years for Millennials is 1981 to 1996. They're 25-40 now (and no named generation is only 10 years in span).

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Canino
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
According to a recent Survey from Aegon Transamerica, only 7% of millennials (ages 20-29) got the following questions right...

This survey couldn't be all that recent. The generally-accepted birth years for Millennials is 1981 to 1996. They're 25-40 now (and no named generation is only 10 years in span).

Perhaps I use the term “millennial” too loosely. Thanks for pointing that out. The survey was done in Jan/Feb 2020.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 05:22 PM

"For some of us, the conventional idea of one day stopping work altogether is disappearing. We are on a different journey through life, with more career breaks, sabbaticals, time to travel and a combination of short- and long-term savings goals."

Young adult retirement expert Njani Ruetsch.

Career Breaks. OK, I'm taking a career break so I'm sure my bills due date will take a break as well.

Sabbatical time. Work stresses me out. I need to chill and meditate for a few months. Again, my bill due dates are sabaticalling with me.

Time to travel. I think as long as I am on a career break and sabbatical, American Airlines and Marriott will understand that I can't actually pay for anything.

Short term savings goal. I will cash my stimulus check and save it short term.

Long term savings goal. Soon as I take a career break, a sabbatical and travel awhile I'll get a job and save for another long term sabbatical.

Njani Ruetsh is your go to Financial Advisor. You can make a Zoom call appointment with her in between career breaks and sabbaticals.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 06:10 PM

You think! nuts
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 08:38 PM

I am very blessed, we have 3 millennials and they are all out on their own, married and prospering.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 10:41 PM

Yes the world is in trouble. Lots of trouble. It’s gone bonkers. Hypocrisy no longer exists as it’s the norm now. Truth is whatever is repeated over and over. Death spiral. No pulling out. Question is how long before the crash.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 10:59 PM

So who raised these people that everyone is complaining about?? hammer
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Yes the world is in trouble. Lots of trouble. It’s gone bonkers. Hypocrisy no longer exists as it’s the norm now. Truth is whatever is repeated over and over. Death spiral. No pulling out. Question is how long before the crash.

World needs a lot of prayer! angel2
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/06/21 11:41 PM

Putting another layer on my tinfoil hat.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/07/21 12:12 AM

Njani hasn't faced retirement yet. Wage/salary-based income stops, but the continuing costs of living do not. She has a major epiphany on the horizon, but it will be too late for her to do anything about it. Working "when it's convenient" or they feel like it, then putting a few coins in a saving account won't cut it. Yeah boy, let us get our computer and find a website tool that can compound that at a fractional percentage, then apply the record breaking inflation that may also be on the event horizon scale....and see where it gets them.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/07/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

The world needs a lot of vaccine.
Posted By: Fish2Chill 1

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/07/21 02:00 AM

You got that right Banker!
Posted By: Fish2Chill 1

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/07/21 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by fishslime

Wow, Ya think the vaccine is going to fix it all , really? Wish it was that simple.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: The world is in trouble - 02/07/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by fishslime

ivomec
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum