Texas Fishing Forum

There's one of you in here...

Posted By: stuntmandave

There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:17 AM

and I bet you like it with ketchup... stir

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:25 AM

My mother in law from Peru. If there's any pink, it's not done for her.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:27 AM

And she thinks that everything i pull off the smoker with a good bark is burnt. No matter what the inside looks like.
She's 87, so I give her a break.

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
And she thinks that everything i pull off the smoker with a good bark is burnt. No matter what the inside looks like.
She's 87, so I give her a break.

roflmao

That's good you give her a break, a friend was telling me how he smoked some chicken and his mom was worried it was raw even though he went as far as temp checking it in front of her. She refused to eat it...
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:31 AM

Posted By: Tiltman

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 04:13 AM

My FIL , is a steak cooker’s nightmare

Likes any steak well done regardless of cut , I put his on early and try to ruin it
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 04:18 AM

Been known to......

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
My FIL , is a steak cooker’s nightmare

Likes any steak well done regardless of cut , I put his on early and try to ruin it

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: TBS

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 04:51 AM

My mom was a good cook growing up, but when it came to steak, chicken, pork chops, hamburgers… If there was any juice whatsoever in the meat it was not done, cook it a little more.
Posted By: tds

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 05:00 AM

No blood for me.......unashamed.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 12:37 PM

Just past dead is the only way
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 12:43 PM

My mom was raised in times that the quality of foods, especially meats was a little shaky. She was taught to cook all meats til very well done for fear of parasites, pork was cooked very well done. And yes this was in the good old USA.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by TBS
My mom was a good cook growing up, but when it came to steak, chicken, pork chops, hamburgers… If there was any juice whatsoever in the meat it was not done, cook it a little more.

This describes my parents and my wife's parents. I HATE when she voluntells me to cook for them.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407
My mom was raised in times that the quality of foods, especially meats was a little shaky. She was taught to cook all meats til very well done for fear of parasites, pork was cooked very well done. And yes this was in the good old USA.

My MIL was the same way. It took me years to convince my wife that pork chops don't have to be severely overcooked.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 02:45 PM

Some folks just don't get it.

I've got a buddy that won't eat any meat off of a bone. He's a big scary dude but turns into a little girl if there's a bone on the plate.

We can just pray for them.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 02:46 PM

My wife likes her steak medium well, which I think is criminal. I’m a medium rare guy myself. Now burgers need to be cooked through
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:23 PM

My brother in law is a meat well done guy...until I made him one of my ribeyes...now he will only eat steak Med/Rare when I'm cooking. All else, he's getting it well done.
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:24 PM

Just knock his horns off and drag it across the coals 3 times, ready
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Curt0407

Mine too, this was the way I was taught to cook also. Thanks to you fine folks on here I have progressed to a more tender and juicy steak. I got busy with something on the stove and overcooked some pork chops. My wife said they were tough and asked why, I told her the same reason her steak is tough, its overcooked.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:40 PM

I cook my steaks rare, porkchops medium and chicken breast to 160. It's all delicious. Bag boiling really turns out some great food too. My bag boiling temps are steak 118, porkchops 135, chicken breast 150 all for an hour, then sear in a pan for 90 seconds each side depending on thickness.
Posted By: Chevy4dr57

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:54 PM

I like mine medium rare. That's the way i like and don't care how anyone else wants theirs. They are paying for it and it should be the way that they want it No one else's business !!!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 03:54 PM

Before modern antibiotics and antiparasitics, people would die.
I've noticed that the olds, if they grew up over seas will tend to order at least medium.

Heck, there's been a couple fast food chains with serious outbreaks in recent history (I know ground beef can be the riskiest)
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 04:06 PM

me and a buddy went on a Turkey hunt down in Coleman several years ago. The old rancher who ran the place cooked for us. Open pit over mesquite. He asked how we wanted our steaks(which was a set up) I requested medium-rare. My buddy says well-done. The old rancher, pointed the fire poker at him and said. "you'll get rare or medium rare, I ain't ruining a good steak on your pu$$y @$$. If you want to eat like a girl head your @$$ to Applebees" Rancher called him princess the rest of the trip.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 07:30 PM

I travelled to Japan for business for about 10 years , in Oita City ( Kyushu Island ) , my Japanese colleagues insisted that " raw " chicken raised in their City would not make any of us sick .
I refused , but one of my buddies said ok . When we were flying home the next day --- I never seen a guy live in a airplane toilet for 11 hours , the flight crew couldn't get him out . --- when we arrived home , he was rushed to the hospital where he stayed for 4 days --- lost over 25 lbs before they fixed him . Everyone one of my Japanese colleagues that ate the same raw chicken --- didn't get sick at all .
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
My mother in law from Peru. If there's any pink, it's not done for her.

But, in her defense, I’d want ANYTHING cooked in Peru to be burnt. Never know what they’re cooking down there.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
I travelled to Japan for business for about 10 years , in Oita City ( Kyushu Island ) , my Japanese colleagues insisted that " raw " chicken raised in their City would not make any of us sick .
I refused , but one of my buddies said ok . When we were flying home the next day --- I never seen a guy live in a airplane toilet for 11 hours , the flight crew couldn't get him out . --- when we arrived home , he was rushed to the hospital where he stayed for 4 days --- lost over 25 lbs before they fixed him . Everyone one of my Japanese colleagues that ate the same raw chicken --- didn't get sick at all .

The ol’ Japanese raw chicken prank.

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/05/21 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
me and a buddy went on a Turkey hunt down in Coleman several years ago. The old rancher who ran the place cooked for us. Open pit over mesquite. He asked how we wanted our steaks(which was a set up) I requested medium-rare. My buddy says well-done. The old rancher, pointed the fire poker at him and said. "you'll get rare or medium rare, I ain't ruining a good steak on your pu$$y @$$. If you want to eat like a girl head your @$$ to Applebees" Rancher called him princess the rest of the trip.

roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/06/21 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
My wife likes her steak medium well, which I think is criminal. I’m a medium rare guy myself. Now burgers need to be cooked through

My wife and I are the same way! food
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/06/21 12:01 PM

Medium rare. More to the rare side than the medium. If you cook it more than medium rare you are just cooking the flavor out of it. The key is the quality of the cut of meat you get. You can make a poor cut good but you can’t make one great. And you can’t cook a better steak than the high end steakhouses. They get a cut that’s the best out there and they have spent a lot of time perfecting cooking it.

In Houston.....Pappa Bros, Eddie V’s, Maestro’s, The Palm.

Good marbled cut. Hard to pick out the best by eye. Cook a room temp steak on a hot grill. Lightly put olive oiil on both sides.Spice with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Other spice blends can be good to. You want to enhance the flavor of a good steak not cover it up.You want to retain as much of the juice as you can. Once you start drying it out everything goes south. Cook a hamburger more because when they grind it the bacteria can be on the inside where with a steak it’s on the outside.

Steak sauce is for a poor steak.

If you have ever been in a chicken processing plant you will never eat anything but a totally cooked chicken.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: There's one of you in here... - 02/06/21 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by tds
No blood for me.......unashamed.

Educate yourself

The “juice” in your steak looks and tastes nothing like actual blood, because it isn't; it's called myoglobin, and it's a protein that's only found in muscle tissue. Like its cousin hemoglobin, which transports oxygen in blood, myoglobin's job is to carry oxygen through muscle.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum