Texas Fishing Forum

Got the COVID

Posted By: Jpurdue

Got the COVID - 01/26/21 01:50 PM

I was supposed to fly out to WA yesterday morning. My work supplies me with rapid COVID test to take before I fly. I woke up yesterday took a test. Positive. Took a second test to confirm, positive. I've had a slight runny nose for about 10 days. So assuming that's when I caught it I should be through the infectious period as of today. By runny nose, I mean, barely. I was taking mucinex to dry things up and felt just fine. Ran 3.5 miles every day last week without issue. For me a regular cold would be much worse. My wife was sick starting a little before me with sinus congestion and some body aches, for her it was more like the regular flu. We are guessing we got it from the kids who each had a runny nose for a single day back around the 10th of January.

Anyway, I know it can be really bad for a lot of folks. Thankful it was not for my family. I like to think the vitamin D and C I've been taking the last 9 months may have helped.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 01:57 PM

Glad you were not that sick. This virus can be very difficult for others as we have seen! taz
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:07 PM

Hang in there and stay on top of it. If you think you need help from a doctor, get in to see one asap.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:13 PM

Glad your round was a light one
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:14 PM

Jpurdue, my covid was similar to yours. Light case. Mucinex was my friend too.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:22 PM

Glad you are pulling through. As already said this virus can be very difficult for others.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:25 PM

Glad its only mild. Hope you both get back to 100% soon.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:36 PM

Hope you get through this with a mild case. Don't forget Ivermectin if it turns worse.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:41 PM

Glad you are ok
Posted By: Lon Hagler

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:41 PM

Good to hear it was mild, but 3.5 miles a day is just bragging. Keep that healthy lifestyle to yourself. walking
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:50 PM

Get well soon.
I'll be taking the Vit C, Vit D, Quercetin, Zinc cocktail from here on out (also been taking since February)
I have a feeling this won't be the last viral pandemic in my lifetime.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 02:52 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aclaimsman

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:01 PM

Good luck with your cocktail. I took one similar and it didn't help me one bit. I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks getting better a little bit better each day.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by aclaimsman
Good luck with your cocktail. I took one similar and it didn't help me one bit. I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks getting better a little bit better each day.

Dang, super sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Hope you get out of the slammer quickly!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:14 PM

Glad it’s not severe. Stay on top of it.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:18 PM

Glad to hear it’s a mild case
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:22 PM

Is it the regular covid or the new mutant British strain?
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:29 PM

I'm starting to consider that these in home Covid tests may not be able to discern the difference between the common cold, any flu, and the real China flu. Someone said that it is surprising that we see a huge decrease in the numbers of reported Flus and common colds since China gave us this plague. Zinc and Vitamin C have been used to less shorten the time and lessen the symptoms of colds and flus for decades.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
I'm starting to consider that these in home Covid tests may not be able to discern the difference between the common cold, any flu, and the real China flu. Someone said that it is surprising that we see a huge decrease in the numbers of reported Flus and common colds since China gave us this plague. Zinc and Vitamin C have been used to less shorten the time and lessen the symptoms of colds and flus for decades.

The tests I took are tests that require a prescription to get. My company has set themselves up as a certified lab to get access to the test. Testing accuracy is 93% on these tests. I've taken the test 3 times. 1st time on Jan 12th. Negative. Twice yesterday, both positive. Just to triple confirm I also went an got a proper PCR test yesterday. Given my wife was fairly sick I'd be stunned if it were two false positives.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 03:38 PM

Get well!
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:06 PM

if you really think you have had it for a while, have you and your work began contact tracing?

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:13 PM

I'm not saying you don't have the Chiner Flu, but something is not right. Some folks with the Chiner Flu have a runny nose and muscle aches for a few days and others are on a ventilator for months. Too many variables for the testing science to be even considered accurate. You should have worn your mask I think.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
if you really think you have had it for a while, have you and your work began contact tracing?

I work mostly from home, but yes.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:27 PM

I'm not saying you don't have the Chiner Flu, but something is not right. Some folks with the Chiner Flu have a runny nose and muscle aches for a few days and others are on a ventilator for months. Too many variables for the testing science to be even considered accurate. You should have worn your mask I think.

If you read what I wrote Bob, I said I believe one of my kids passed it to my wife who then passed it to me. I have a 7 and a 4 year old. Both in school. I've expected all along to get COVID because they attend in person school. That was a risk my wife and I weighed out and decided was worth it. I do wear masks when out in public, but I do not wear them in my own home. Thanks for your concern.
Posted By: DI

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:31 PM

Will there be a chart documenting your experience? Asking for a friend.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:44 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:52 PM

Glad you are getting over it. We have it in my household as well. We also had a mild version of it but it was still pretty bad....
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:54 PM

Obviously yall didnt wear your masks......
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 04:56 PM

I took vitamin C, elderberry, zinc, Nyquil and Shiner. Kicked the s... out of it

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Obviously yall didnt wear your masks......

We didnt know we were supposed to wear 2 masks until now

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
I took vitamin C, elderberry, zinc, Nyquil and Shiner. Kicked the s... out of it

It was the shiner
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 05:21 PM

Take care of yourself!
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by aclaimsman

any chance it may have kept you from getting sicker? asking for my neighbor down the street...….
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by chickenman
Hang in there and stay on top of it. If you think you need help from a doctor, get in to see one asap.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue

If you read what I wrote Bob, I said I believe one of my kids passed it to my wife who then passed it to me. I have a 7 and a 4 year old. Both in school. I've expected all along to get COVID because they attend in person school. That was a risk my wife and I weighed out and decided was worth it. I do wear masks when out in public, but I do not wear them in my own home. Thanks for your concern.

grin Kids will spread the Covid for sure. Best to stay away from them. Make them live in the backyard shed for a year to flatten the curve.

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 07:32 PM

grin Kids will spread the Covid for sure. Best to stay away from them. Make them live in the backyard shed for a year to flatten the curve.

Ha! They are petri dishes for sure!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 07:57 PM

Glad you and your wife got a light case of the Virus.

Day 6 or 7 is the critical point it seems, you get a lot better or worse.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 08:09 PM

I was supposed to fly out to WA yesterday morning. My work supplies me with rapid COVID test to take before I fly. I woke up yesterday took a test. Positive. Took a second test to confirm, positive. I've had a slight runny nose for about 10 days. So assuming that's when I caught it I should be through the infectious period as of today. By runny nose, I mean, barely. I was taking mucinex to dry things up and felt just fine. Ran 3.5 miles every day last week without issue. For me a regular cold would be much worse. My wife was sick starting a little before me with sinus congestion and some body aches, for her it was more like the regular flu. We are guessing we got it from the kids who each had a runny nose for a single day back around the 10th of January.

Anyway, I know it can be really bad for a lot of folks. Thankful it was not for my family. I like to think the vitamin D and C I've been taking the last 9 months may have helped.

Mucinex doesn't "dry things up". It's an expectorant. It loosens secretions and is essentially the same as Robitussin.

Hope this is very light and you and your family recovery quickly without complications.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 08:13 PM

I'm glad you got one of the mild versions of it like we did. Some haven't been so lucky.
Posted By: DI

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto

The fact that it enter the Moto's body and lived to infect others makes me think this isn't your everyday Chinese made [censored].
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 09:01 PM

One of our venders. It's the 5th or 6th person I've heard swear by it. Just sayin'.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 09:06 PM

And he is worm free also.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Got the COVID - 01/26/21 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
And he is worm free also.

He's a salesman, so I doubt if it completely got rid of the wormyness.

Re: Got the COVID - 02/01/21 06:52 PM

Update: My wife and I both got our PCR tests back. Both were negative. Taken a few hours after my two positive results with the rapid tests. So... I have no clue if I had COVID or not. I suspect not, because I was never really sick. The accuracy of the rapid tests was supposed to be 93%. The accuracy of the PCR tests is supposed to be 98%.

The real winner here is probably Bob Davis who thinks all the tests are garbage. Pains me to admit it, but he as right in this case!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Got the COVID - 02/01/21 06:56 PM

Update: My wife and I both got our PCR tests back. Both were negative. Taken a few hours after my two positive results with the rapid tests. So... I have no clue if I had COVID or not. I suspect not, because I was never really sick. The accuracy of the rapid tests was supposed to be 93%. The accuracy of the PCR tests is supposed to be 98%.

The real winner here is probably Bob Davis who thinks all the tests are garbage. Pains me to admit it, but he as right in this case!

cheers
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Got the COVID - 02/01/21 07:28 PM

The real winner here is probably Bob Davis who thinks all the tests are garbage. Pains me to admit it, but he is right in this case!

In this case??? Come on man, if you created a pie chart depictIng when he’s been right vs. wrong you’d only need one color.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum