Texas Fishing Forum

Your tax dollars at work.

Posted By: T Bird

Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 01:27 PM

Joe' spending our cash like there's no tomorrow. crazy

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/biden-plans-replace-federal-fleet-224800214.html
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 01:28 PM

Get used to it
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 01:33 PM

Look at the bright side. The purchase of all those vehicles (600K+) will be a huge boost to the economy.

Of course you and I will be paying for them at a probably inflated price.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 01:53 PM

Elections do have consequences ! whip

Side Note: Would love to see a bill pass for the improvement of air ports, roads, bridges, parks, buildings, etc. Seems that money could be spent more wisely. Oh yea. Keep the military strong! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Elections do have consequences ! whip

Side Note: Would love to see a bill pass for the improvement of air ports, roads, bridges, parks, buildings, etc. Seems that money could be spent more wisely. Oh yea. Keep the military strong! thumb

Plus #1.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:31 PM

I would suspect it means that as vehicles are replaced when they routinely are rather than just replacing them without regard to their age or condition.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:32 PM

I guarantee this will somehow put money in Sleepy Joe's pockets. Never seen such a blatant liar and crook in my life.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:33 PM

Where does he think all that electricity comes from?
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
I would suspect it means that as vehicles are replaced when they routinely are rather than just replacing them without regard to their age or condition.

The government never thinks along those lines. Too logical.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:41 PM

because it worked so well the first time, yaknow?

U.S. Government Buys The First 100 Volts

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2010/04/u-s-government-buys-the-first-100-volts/

Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers Up to $250K Per Vehicle

https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16192
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:42 PM

Chevy Volt discontinued: Chevrolet's last Volt rolls off the assembly line

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chevy-...s-last-volt-rolls-off-the-assembly-line/
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 02:44 PM

The "Vehicle Miles Traveled Tax" is coming..... They can't pay for the charging stations so they will tax 90% of the population that does NOT drive an electric vehicle???

Listen, I am all for the advancement of this technology and letting the market forces decide the fate....Not shoving this down my throat via a "Vehicle miles traveled tax" to pay for the initiative ...this one ticks me off.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 04:13 PM

Just a sign of times to come. Fossil fuels will eventually be a minor player in the transportation industry. Electric trucks produced by Volvo and Freightliner have been on the road since 2018 mainly for regional and local use. I would expect FedEX, UPS, and Amazon to begin changing their fleet in the not too far future.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

I've got $100 that says the company selling the electrics will be Chinese or at least owned and or a major stockholder. I would also bet that Communist Joe has those stocks in his portfolio.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flyfisherman
Where does he think all that electricity comes from?

Chinese batteries of course
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by pacertom
The "Vehicle Miles Traveled Tax" is coming..... They can't pay for the charging stations so they will tax 90% of the population that does NOT drive an electric vehicle???

Listen, I am all for the advancement of this technology and letting the market forces decide the fate....Not shoving this down my throat via a "Vehicle miles traveled tax" to pay for the initiative ...this one ticks me off.

I’ve already heard some left states contemplating this because they aren’t making money from gas tax with electric vehicles. I’m willing to bet though they won’t stop taxing gases as they are. Then they’ll have two revenue streams. Once the left gets one finger in your pocket they’re not taking it out to put another in. They’ll keep jamming until their whole hand is in there and they have you by the balls.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:27 PM

Silly question - will this include mail trucks? What kind of electric vehicle will be able to be loaded down with paper and stop/start all day long?
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
Silly question - will this include mail trucks? What kind of electric vehicle will be able to be loaded down with paper and stop/start all day long?

There have been four companies waiting their decision on the new USPS truck contract for almost a year now. They keep postponing the announcement.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:34 PM

This could be a huge boost to EV technology development.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:38 PM

because lithium mines are so good for the environment. roflmao
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:39 PM

When they killed off the XL pipeline the other day they put 11,000 people out of work. Fixing to be bad times around.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:42 PM

It just feels good dangit
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
It just feels good dangit

roflmao
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 06:13 PM

Don't have to worry about wasted tax dollars. Susan Rice just declared that the administration's "equity" initiatives will somehow add $5 trillion to our economy. The same twit that blamed Benghazi on a video. She's back!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 06:19 PM

At least he doesn't tweet
Posted By: wyliepirate

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
At least he doesn't tweet

Wish he did, it’d be fun.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 06:36 PM

“I don’t know what I’m tweeting “
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
“I don’t know what I’m tweeting “

roflmao
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 07:14 PM

the mines to get all the materials for batteries are much worse on the environment than oil . the carbon emissions are the only advantage . The hydrogen fuel cars are the best for the environment , but you need a lot of power to extract the hydrogen --- and it's not an American based technology .
Regarding the purchasing of the vehicles , I know of a Federal Park ranger in Washington State . Back when Obama was our esteemed leader , they had budget to replace the federal " vehicles " before he left office . He got a brand new F250 , new boat , new quad runner . The truck had less than 30K miles in 3 years of use . The boat was only used 4 years during the summer and was in perfect condition .
He could have easily gone another 6-8 years with all those federal vehicles , but who cares about spending all that money , it's only on the tax payers backs .
Dems only know how to do two things , spend money and always ask for more .
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/26/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Dems only know how to do two things, spend money and always ask for more .

Rig elections? Gotta at least tip your cap to them for this last one. Respect!
Posted By: justin45

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/27/21 02:43 AM

Yep thank God for OIL so these tree huggers can make the casings for their batteries!!
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Your tax dollars at work. - 01/27/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57
Don't have to worry about wasted tax dollars. Susan Rice just declared that the administration's "equity" initiatives will somehow add $5 trillion to our economy. The same twit that blamed Benghazi on a video. She's back!

Did she quit Netflix?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum