Texas Fishing Forum

Gas Prices

Posted By: Topwater2

Gas Prices - 01/20/21 06:30 PM

Gas prices are on the way up, and up, and up. Thanks Democraps. Rant over!!
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 06:34 PM

Good deal
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:05 PM

It'll help a lot of folks if the price goes up a little bit.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:10 PM

Just wait ! There is a whole lot more to come! juggle
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:16 PM

man is the only animal on the planet that will assist in their own demise and destruction knowingly.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:32 PM

Be a patriot. We need to support the Texas gas and oil industry.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

Not me..

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:40 PM

Gas is at $2 a gal.
Interest rates at 2.25% for a 30 year.
Market closed at 30,829.40 (though we've been fighting Covid).
No new wars or conflicts in the last 4years.
N. Korea has been held under control.
ISIS has not been heard from in over three years.
The housing market is the strongest its been in years.
Homes have appreciated and sell well.
Unemployment sit's at 6.7% in spite of Covid.

Let's see what happens now.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

Not me..

Not me.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime

I’ll never think of you as a patriot-

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:46 PM

I'm all about supporting the Texas oil and gas industry but I think Biden has other ideas. He wants to take a step back in time. Import more? I don't know, I hope not!
Posted By: BOZZ

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:47 PM

Build Back Better = Fall Back Farther

Good Luck,
Bozz
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:48 PM

[quote=steveiam][quote=fishslime]Be a liberal patriot. We need to support the Texas gas and oil industry. Conservatives already support the oil and gas industry

FIFY
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam

roflmao cheers

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Topwater2

I'm all about supporting the Texas oil and gas industry but I think Biden has other ideas. He wants to take a step back in time. Import more? I don't know, I hope not!

Biden is not for supporting Texas oil and gas. Gonna shut down the Keystone XL in the next week. It goes straight to Texas Gulf Coast refineries. Time to punish red Texas.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:55 PM

Just bought a Chevy Spark. Won't hurt me.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by kjwolvy

Is there in plastic polymers in it?

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

[Linked Image]
Lots of plastic something. I don't know.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 08:42 PM

Gas is at $2 a gal.

We need to revisit this statement in 4 years
Posted By: DI

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

[Linked Image]
Lots of gayness. I don't know.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 08:55 PM

How big of a boat will that pull?
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 09:27 PM

I’ve been in the oil and gas pipeline line of work for 25 years and I e never seen it this bad and expect it to get worse. This current rise in oil prices doesn’t seem to influence the Texas oilfield work at all. Hopefully I’m wrong and things will pick up
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Gas is at $2 a gal.

We need to revisit this statement in 4 years

It will be a s show of the highest order. Watch them mess the whole deal up. Not my president
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 09:33 PM

And for the record I would like to see 75 dollar oil and 6 dollar nat gas
Posted By: TR176

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 10:09 PM

I made a photo of the gas price sign when the democrats were elected ($1.75). I’m going to spring it on my yellow dog democrat friend when i can get the most yes out of it.
It will be epic as he is very sensitive to gas prices.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 10:20 PM

It's gonna get a llt worse before it gets better. splat
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 10:22 PM

It's why I bought the Sonata over the Santa Fe.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 10:23 PM

Obama put restrictions on oil exploration just as the fracking tech was allowing it to be exploited. He had little to do with the rise in oil production till 2014 when world oil prices tanked.
Gas prices went from highest to lowest in 2008. In 2014 the value of the dollar is what is blamed for the glut.

We even had that instance in which oil dropped way below zero, under 35 dollars they would give you to take it off their hands, due to oil futures and the end of a quarter.....or something like that.

Trump opened up offshore and more drilling in Alaska and yet nobody has taken advantage of it.
Face it, Gas prices are affected much more by the world market, the economy and technology than politicians.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 10:40 PM

I'm still looking forward to buy my F250 with the 7.3 gasser when the updated interiors come out.

In the great words of Scott Miller

"7 and 1/4 tons of pure mule power
Rollin’ down the road at 8 miles per gallon"

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve

I fish from the bank. Don't matter.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 11:15 PM

[Linked Image]
I take this fishing. Works great.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 11:18 PM

Well everyone knows the president has a dial in his office that changes prices on the fly as they see fit. Has nothing to do with anything else but what president is in office. Can't be.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Gas Prices - 01/20/21 11:33 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:15 AM

How do all the goods get to you from where they are produced? By ox-drawn wagon? The wheat in your flour came from where? That wheat grew in a field tilled and harvested by a farmer; do you think he was using mules to do that? A notable portion of the cost of all the food that you eat is attributable to farming, production, packaging, transportation, and storage (think refrigeration). Good luck with your idea that you won't be affected.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dognot
[Linked Image]

You clearly do not understand the impact of the cost of energy on the mechanics of the remainder of our economy. How do all the goods get to you from where they are produced? By ox-drawn wagon? The wheat in your flour came from where? That wheat grew in a field tilled and harvested by a farmer; do you think he was using mules to do that? A notable portion of the cost of all the food that you eat is attributable to farming, production, packaging, transportation, and storage (think refrigeration).
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:21 AM

Well. Folks voted for the wrong guy to help gas and oil in Texas.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by R83steve

I fish from the bank. Don't matter.

You can carry rods all of 5 feet in the "rod locker" on that thing?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:22 AM

Can’t get any worse than that! Lol.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Well. Folks voted for the wrong guy to help gas and oil in Texas.

Wait until they start applying carbon credit taxes to fuel after sleepy Joe rejoins the Paris climate accord - where we will willingly agree to hamstring our economy according to the desires of other nations. Said tax will penalize users, but the the $ won't be going to the fuel producers.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

How do all the goods get to you from where they are produced? By ox-drawn wagon? The wheat in your flour came from where? That wheat grew in a field tilled and harvested by a farmer; do you think he was using mules to do that? A notable portion of the cost of all the food that you eat is attributable to farming, production, packaging, transportation, and storage (think refrigeration). Good luck with your idea that you won't be affected.

WTF is your paranoid azz talking about?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Obama put restrictions on oil exploration just as the fracking tech was allowing it to be exploited. He had little to do with the rise in oil production till 2014 when world oil prices tanked.
Gas prices went from highest to lowest in 2008. In 2014 the value of the dollar is what is blamed for the glut.

We even had that instance in which oil dropped way below zero, under 35 dollars they would give you to take it off their hands, due to oil futures and the end of a quarter.....or something like that.

Trump opened up offshore and more drilling in Alaska and yet nobody has taken advantage of it.
Face it, Gas prices are affected much more by the world market, the economy and technology than politicians.

Way too factual for this crowd.....

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by Allison1

Way too factual for this crowd.....

You guys are not part of any crowd I want to associate with anyway-
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 01:35 AM

I buy close to 10000 gallons a year through my business, I did an 4 year average of Obamas second term and came up with an average of 3.23 a gallon. Granted the bulk of my fuel in purchased in summer. Trumps avg was $1.89. Fuel saving of 13k a year. This is just simple math and just one of the many reasons why Dems and their save the planet wacko ideas hurt regular folks.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 01:57 AM

Boys even though I’m republican, how does the president control gas prices? Through the last 100 years it’s a .06 cents difference in price per gallon. The highest gas price was $4.11 in 2008 when Bush was president. As they start drilling on my little 80 acres I have mineral rights I hope it goes exponentially high prices for myself. That’s being selfish. But I think world trade controls more of the price and world events.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Boys even though I’m republican, how does the president control gas prices? Through the last 100 years it’s a .06 cents difference in price per gallon. The highest gas price was $4.11 in 2008 when Bush was president. As they start drilling on my little 80 acres I have mineral rights I hope it goes exponentially high prices for myself. That’s being selfish. But I think world trade controls more of the price and world events.

Actually the President can. Bush and Clinton allowed legislation to be enacted which allowed big investment groups to trade in energy futures and to trade through the London exchange, which has no oversight by the SEC. This contributed greatly to the "speculation" event which drove pump prices up to $4.00 a gallon. Probably not a factor presently, but it was during that time. Reading about it shows what they do behind the scenes to benefit lobbyists at the expenses of citizens.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:16 AM

Following

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.

Following

thumb

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 07:20 AM

The OP said high gas prices "won't hurt me" which I took to mean "that won't affect me." I was pointing out how entrenched energy costs are in key goods in our civilization. Even people who don't own anything to drive will feel the cost in many ways.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 08:56 AM

WTF he is prolly talking about is that just because you now drive a cracker jack box on wheels that uses the wind for power, does not mean for one second that you still will not be affected by high gas prices dude. You just watch food prices start to go up as well as a whole ton of other chit. That's WTF he is prolly talking about.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 09:55 AM

That's part of the plan man. Drive those prices up, and people will want electric cars more.

I say that only half joking I wouldn't doubt if that is part of the plan.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 10:35 AM

In 20 years, I'd bet over half the cars on the road will be electric. Maybe sooner than that.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longeye

WTF he is prolly talking about is that just because you now drive a cracker jack box on wheels that uses the wind for power, does not mean for one second that you still will not be affected by high gas prices dude. You just watch food prices start to go up as well as a whole ton of other chit. That's WTF he is prolly talking about.

cheers

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.
That's part of the plan man. Drive those prices up, and people will want electric cars more.

Without a doubt that is part of the master plan! argue
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
In 20 years, I'd bet over half the cars on the road will be electric. Maybe sooner than that.

Buy Ford stock!
Posted By: donothin

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:47 PM

I am retired now, but when I was a farmer, I found much of my cost was related to fuel prices as many of the inputs were energy related. But, since what I was producing was energy in another form, it seemed that my profits were always best when oil was in the $75-85 range. We became much more energy efficient with new farming methods, so the actual input cost were down. We need a healthy energy environment, but one that is stable and does not go from $20 to $150/bbl in a short time. We should be relatively energy independent for some time, so the whims of some foreign government will have less effect.

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Bringing this nation to its knees.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 03:03 PM

Gas is just one item going up in cost. You have not seen nothing yet. The cost of living is going to SKY ROCKET very very soon. The Dems have TOTAL CONTROL of the country. Their agenda is to destroy the "Middle Class". Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Bringing this nation to its knees.

Yep. Already, after day one there is about 8000 people that lost their jobs. And the crowd cheers. ?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

Agree, my wife has one, and they are ideal for most people that don't have long commutes or drive 100s of miles on the weekend to remote areas

Very relaxing and fun to drive (very, very quick smooth acceleration)
Very safe cars
Extremely efficient
Low maintenance
Never have to go fill up with gas or get routine oil changes.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 03:53 PM

The BIDEN plan is very simple! What is bad for the United States is good for China! The labor camps in China will be working overtime thanks to the USA!

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by donothin
I am retired now, but when I was a farmer, I found much of my cost was related to fuel prices as many of the inputs were energy related. But, since what I was producing was energy in another form, it seemed that my profits were always best when oil was in the $75-85 range. We became much more energy efficient with new farming methods, so the actual input cost were down. We need a healthy energy environment, but one that is stable and does not go from $20 to $150/bbl in a short time. We should be relatively energy independent for some time, so the whims of some foreign government will have less effect.

Since my guy didn’t win, should I wish for a recession now?

Like you did?
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 05:49 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 06:29 PM

It will me. Right now I am only going through one tank a month. The money I make off my oil company stocks is more then offsetting the price increase on gas. I do need to put about 60 gallons in the Champ before it goes up much more.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

Yes Sir. Plane and simple. Facts are facts. $4.00 a gallon of gas is coming soon. bang

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
[Linked Image]

Yes Sir. Plane and simple. Facts are facts. $4.00 a gallon of gas is coming soon. bang

You might be right but need to see the facts. With an apparent glut of crude, I'll be surprised to see this happen. For one thing, the economies around the globe can't handle it. When the Saudis lose their cash flow due to more supply than demand, they'll take action and increase production. These aren't neessarily facts but indicative of past history.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Gas Prices - 01/21/21 07:49 PM

The gubbermint just printed over six TRILLION dollars.

The price of gas is going to be the least of your concerns in about one year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum