Texas Fishing Forum

Just found out an old work buddy

Posted By: WAWI

Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:39 PM

Is in hospital and in trouble with covid. He is the text book example of the body type that seems to get in real trouble with this deal. People should really get themselves in better shape. I suspect he wont make it.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:42 PM

Taking care of yourself pays dividends until you die.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:45 PM

While some can't help their medical/health conditions, sooooo many Americans can but don't. This should be a good reality check for those that chose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. For the record, I am not the poster child of what good health should look like but I do what it takes to continue to get the green light from my MD.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:46 PM

I know a lot of people who have it now
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
Taking care of yourself pays dividends until you die.

So Ture. Will be praying for WAWI buddy ! angel2

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
I know a lot of people who have it now

I know 15 or so in the last 3 weeks. It's out there for sure. All but him have breezed thru it for most part. The only other one that had issue could stand to lose 30 or 40 lbs himself. The one in the hospital is 100 plus overweight easy.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 03:55 PM

This coworker's grandpa had cancer and was undergoing chemo, then he got covid and in 3 days was gone. It for sure preys on the weak.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 04:05 PM

Praying for your buddy. The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 04:32 PM

Not gon a lie boys. Having it opened my eyes. I'm about 16 lbs down, back in the gym and drinking less.

I'm still a beast though taz
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 04:44 PM

People REALLY need to take Vitamin D supplements. The most common thing for covid deaths is a Vitamin D deficiency. And being overweight certainly doesn't help.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by pacertom
People REALLY need to take Vitamin D supplements. The most common thing for covid deaths is a Vitamin D deficiency. And being overweight certainly doesn't help.

Zinc is also another big deficiency in COVID deaths. Everyone I know that had pre-existing conditions who got COVID bad were told to ramp up on Vitamin D, Zinc, and eat a lot of greens.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 05:11 PM

The former director of our department passed away Monday from it. He was in good health, but he was 71.

Stay safe. I hope your friend makes it, Wawi.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 05:20 PM

WAWI,
I had a friend who just came out of the hospital. easily 100 pounds over the chart. we had talked prior that neither of us needed it. he ended up on a vent but he was able to pull through.

prayers for your buddy...…..

on a good note. I was 265 in January last year. down to 240.6 this morning. i'm not eating today so in the morning i'm going to come in under 240.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 05:26 PM

Prayers for your friend
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 06:36 PM

Sorry for your bad news. angel2 for all effected by this terrible virus.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:02 PM

I was very bad to my body for many years, I got a second chance.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by chickenman
While some can't help their medical/health conditions, sooooo many Americans can but don't. This should be a good reality check for those that chose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. For the record, I am not the poster child of what good health should look like but I do what it takes to continue to get the green light from my MD.

Or.....maybe....just maybe.. he was around some nasty folks who don’t keep their germy [censored] clean? Who also don’t give a [censored] enough about others to keep their germy breaths to themselves?

Just sayin.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:26 PM

He isn’t in a “bad situation” because of his previous health conditions. It because this virus is still being spread, and he was unlucky.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:27 PM

You don’t catch Covid by eating twinkies.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:30 PM

This really isnt for prayers or sympathy, this is more PSA. We make beds and we have to lay in them. I have said before that the response to this is a hoax, I still firmly believe that. Personal responsibility for ones health is largely the way it should be approached. The lockdowns, the silly stuff that has been perpetuated in media is criminal. I dont know a healthy person, in good shape that has had a problem. Not one of them had more than a cold/flu like situation. I have lost one family member and he was fat and had been his entire life. I take a vitamin regimen and have list 50 since may. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That is the point of this post. If you are high risk fix the problems you can fix, dont expect others to sacrifice for you and you not make any changes to help yourself.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Check out the correlation between covid poor outcomes and obesity then get back with me
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Check out the correlation between covid poor outcomes and obesity then get back with me

don't think you can catch it from eating twinkies but its certainly more deadly for the overweight people.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:37 PM

This really isnt for prayers or sympathy, this is more PSA. We make beds and we have to lay in them. I have said before that the response to this is a hoax, I still firmly believe that. Personal responsibility for ones health is largely the way it should be approached. The lockdowns, the silly stuff that has been perpetuated in media is criminal. I dont know a healthy person, in good shape that has had a problem. Not one of them had more than a cold/flu like situation. I have lost one family member and he was fat and had been his entire life. I take a vitamin regimen and have list 50 since may. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! That is the point of this post. If you are high risk fix the problems you can fix, dont expect others to sacrifice for you and you not make any changes to help yourself.

thumb
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:42 PM

True. It's when you have to go buy more twinkies is where the problem lies.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 07:47 PM

obesity , diabetes , asthma , age , heart /lung problems ----- all contribute to the eventual outcome if you catch COVID . I totally changed my diet about 11 years ago and couldn't be happier that I did .
I feel better at 59 than when I was 39 . Most people unknowingly suffer from severe bouts of inflammation --- but keep eating the same garbage food .
I truly believe ANYONE , at any age , can change their diet and benefit from it --- it's NOT easy , but worth it .
I have told many people , don't wait to you hit rock bottom to change , do it now and see how much better you can feel . 95% don't change , they wait til a Dr tells them it's too late ---then they want to change .
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 08:00 PM

I am pretty healthy and "husky", but I have lived a full life and I am not at all scared of death. Seen it, dealt with it, cheated it and pondered it. It would absolutely suck to die from a souped up flu though...
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 08:02 PM

Ah hell....no one gets out of here alive
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 08:27 PM

angel2
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 08:43 PM

I wonder what the percentages are that ones with obesity and diabetes, excluding the elderly, that actually pull through and beat Covid. I bet it is a very low percentage. I'm trying hard right now to get healthier and lose pounds.

I hope your buddy pulls through, Wawi.

This is a great thread for reality check. Join the health and fitness section and help all 11 of us become more accountable. It may save your life in the meantime...
Posted By: Brad Hardt

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 11:33 PM

My wife and I both had it. I think we both sneezed once. We good

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
My wife and I both had it. I think we both sneezed once. We good

Not everybody is fit as a fiddle as you are!! Hope all is well.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/20/21 11:47 PM

Man. Y’all are harsh.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 12:16 AM

Nixon,..the military always got a nice pay raise... soldier

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 12:18 AM

Man. Y’all are harsh.

No, not really

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 12:29 AM

Man. Y’all are harsh.

No, not really

Yes. Really.

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 01:36 AM

Fat boys need lovin’, too. Just don’t get the Covid!
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
I wonder what the percentages are that ones with obesity and diabetes, excluding the elderly, that actually pull through and beat Covid. I bet it is a very low percentage. I'm trying hard right now to get healthier and lose pounds.

1 in 10 Americans have diabetes. 34 million people.

Denton County has 887,000 people so 88,700 have diabetes.

446 people have died WITH covid19 in Denton Co.

Do the math.
Posted By: gander

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 11:28 AM

Posted By: buda13

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 12:32 PM

My mother in law has been in ICU for going on 3 weeks now... talking about moving her to the vent. No bueno.

10 people in my world are no longer with us thanks to the Rona. All shapes and sizes, but I definitely agree it seems to be way harder on big uns. My neighbor across the street trains triathletes for a living... she’s the model of fitness and is the only person I know that’s gone on a ventilator and lived to tell about it. Ofcourse she still can’t walk to her mailbox and back without stopping to catch her breath but she freaking survived.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 02:06 PM

Out of all of the people that I know that have had it, one had to be on a ventilator for two days.

Eventually we will have all had it.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 02:14 PM

Is in hospital and in trouble with covid. He is the text book example of the body type that seems to get in real trouble with this deal. People should really get themselves in better shape. I suspect he wont make it.

angel2
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Just found out an old work buddy - 01/21/21 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by Okie Poke

1 in 10 Americans have diabetes. 34 million people.

Denton County has 887,000 people so 88,700 have diabetes.

446 people have died WITH covid19 in Denton Co.

Do the math.

We have 87K here in Angelina County.

There have been 6,765 cases and 196 deaths so far.

Now the numbers can be skewed some by the fact that some of the people with it are transported to other facilities like DFW and when they die they are listed in that county.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum