Texas Fishing Forum

Inversion tables, again

Posted By: TexDawg

Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 10:40 PM

Hey all, I know we’ve had a thread on this in the past but I’m kinda lazy and there could be new, cutting edge information available.

Anyone have experience with an inversion table for back issues? My back issues are lower but the worst is C5-6 upper. If you have, love to hear if it helped or not, also type/brand info. Thank you in advance
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 10:53 PM

I love mine
It works so well I only have to use it 10 times a year.
By day 3 I am heeled.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 10:53 PM

My neighbor said that if you can get oxy’s inversion tables work great.

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 10:54 PM

Brand shouldn't matter, not much science to it, it decompressed the spine.

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
My neighbor said that if you can get oxy’s inversion tables work great.

Docs don’t like giving out the candy anymore. Near impossible to get when you need it

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

May I ask, are you being serious now?
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:10 PM

I've heard Teeter tables are the best. You can find them on CL for around $300-400. Been looking at them myself. Just not sure where I'd put it.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:10 PM

yes, have had mine for about 6 yrs now and love it, tore my sciatic on left side in 97 and hanging like a bat is a huge help.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:16 PM

We have one. My chiropractor isn't a big fan of them, but feels its safe to use at about a 45 to 60 degree angle.

Helps my hips sometimes.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:17 PM

I don't like them. For me, hanging upside down causes all the blood to rush to my head. I feel a huge pressure behind my eyes and it causes a severe headache. And when I say severe, I mean it feels like a migraine until I flip back up and the pressure goes down.

Not saying it wouldn't really help relieve pressure in the back, but I cannot stay upside down long enough for it to work.

Instead, I'd suggest a good slow hamstring stretch. Lay on your back on the carpet with legs stretched out. Slowly pull up one knee to your chest as far as you can. Then get your wife to press that knee further down into your chest right up to the point where it hurts, and hold it for 30 seconds. Then slowly pull it back down straight. Repeat that with the other leg, then do it with both legs at the same time. Two sets of that a day will bring a ton of relief.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/15/21 11:37 PM

My good friend Joe Evans(Inventor and a Rocket Scientist) created this several years ago-He moved to FW a couple years ago to work for Lockheed Martin. We meet up to fish on Conroe occasionally when the Crappie are shallow. Works great, easy to store, and a good alternative.

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

May I ask, are you being serious now?

I have the same one hop showed. I think it is a less expensive option. The act of hanging by your legs is what makes this work. Hanging from the monkey bars will do the same thing. But I would fall and break my neck.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 03:29 AM

I love mine
By day 3 I am heeled.
This is me. Fixes me up pretty darn quick
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 03:37 AM

I love mine
By day 3 I am heeled.

This exactly. Changed my life.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 04:36 AM

Teeter helps me get back online when I’m hurting
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 12:18 PM

Certain people should avoid them:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...t-answers/inversion-therapy/faq-20057951
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 12:30 PM

I got stuck on one at my in laws. Upstairs with the door shut and the downstairs TV was so loud they couldn't hear me screaming.

Damn near passed out

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by uncle_bagster

bang well, that lets me out
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
My back issues are lower but the worst is C5-6 upper. If you have, love to hear if it helped or not, also type/brand info. Thank you in advance

Per our trainer when I coached: Lower back pain is normally caused by tight hamstrings. Stretch the hamstrings daily to relieve low back pain.

This has helped my lower back pain more than anything else. There are several stretches out there but the most effective for me is heel on countertop and lower your hips by bending your other knee. Don't lean over your knee. Another is laying flat on the floor at the corner of two walls. Put a leg vertical on the wall while the other is flat on the floor.

Several stretches out there for hamstrings. Find what works best for you as each body is different.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 02:14 PM

I do a simple stretch that helps me. Feet shoulder width apart, arms straight out, shoulders square. Then I bend from the waist keeping the knees locked straight. Bending over slowly as far as I can. Sounds like crushing a bag of potato chips sometimes as the spine decompresses and straightens up. Would love to try the inversion thing, but have bad ankles/knees and too much extra weight.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 02:17 PM

I have one for sale.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
We have one. My chiropractor isn't a big fan of them, but feels its safe to use at about a 45 to 60 degree angle.

Helps my hips sometimes.

Did you tell him that he's a fake doctor and he should shut his trap?

Most real doctors I know are not big fans of chiropractors but do support inversion.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 06:07 PM

I got the below one for Christmas. Setting it up was a pain, but it works. There are cheaper options, but at the end of the day, decompression is all that matters and the expensive ones have bells and whistles you may not be interested in. As said above, certain conditions can be dangerous, so check before you go hanging upside down. The one I has five different angles you can choose from, including completely vertical. I think the lowest setting is 30°.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F950N2G/ref=emc_b_5_i

Also, my chiropractor recommends them and said they work, so I finally asked for one for Christmas.

Re: Inversion tables, again - 01/16/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I got the below one for Christmas. Setting it up was a pain, but it works. There are cheaper options, but at the end of the day, decompression is all that matters and the expensive ones have bells and whistles you may not be interested in. As said above, certain conditions can be dangerous, so check before you go hanging upside down. The one I has five different angles you can choose from, including completely vertical. I think the lowest setting is 30°.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F950N2G/ref=emc_b_5_i

Also, my chiropractor recommends them and said they work, so I finally asked for one for Christmas.

I was about to order that one when I started reading up that inversion isn’t good for high blood pressure and heart problems, now I’m back to dealing with the pain
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum