Texas Fishing Forum

Will there be a PGA boycott?

Posted By: Mark Perry

Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 07:37 PM

Many on here say they boycott the NFL, NBA etc. Looks like PGA is getting woke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/sports/2021/01/pga-will-strip-trump-bedminster-of-2022-pga-championship-insider-says.html%3foutputType=amp
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/sports/2021/01/pga-will-strip-trump-bedminster-of-2022-pga-championship-insider-says.html%3foutputType=amp

The dominoes are starting to fall. Hotels will be next.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:32 PM

I read where one player could be in hot water for uttering a slur:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/justin-thomas-apologizes-muttering-anti-gay-slur
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

The dominoes are starting to fall. Hotels will be next.

When some leave others will move in.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:37 PM

I will always be a fan of Paige Spiranac.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:39 PM

Is that dude who waves his club like a Zorro sword also protesting or what not?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:40 PM

Never watched golf. It's a sham sports can stick with sports and leave politics and agendas out. thumb
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by uncle_bagster

Justin Thomas is a great golfer, but he is an azz,
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Is that dude who waves his club like a Zorro sword also protesting or what not?

That’s Chi Chi Rodriguez, alive and well at 85yo

There’s a really cool story from 1959 of Clifford Roberts (then the head administrator of Augusta National) watching Chi Chi play in Puerto Rico. Mr Roberts asked Chi Chi if he’d like to play in the Masters tournament. Chi Chi replied that he dreams of qualifying for the tournament one day. Mr Roberts then says “I declare you Champion of Puerto Rico, and you are officially invited.”
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:47 PM

Just to the point IDGAS anymore. I'm still watching football, I watch golf and will continue to, NBA a suks I don't watch it and won't.
Nothing I can do about the election I did what I was suppose to do and voted, now I just gotta be prepared for whatever comes next and deal with it or fight about it.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Smurfs

Why because he called his golf ball a Fa..ott? Didn’t call anyone in the crowd the word so wgad?

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 21xs Elite

Why because he called his golf ball a Fa..ott? Didn’t call anyone in the crowd the word so wgad?

Thats kind of funny.

Totally not PC. I do not use that word, its a word used to hate... but calling his golf ball that? I can see the comedy.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
I will always be a fan of Paige Spiranac.

One of the hottest women on the planet.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:13 PM

Do kids still play smear the Q at recess?

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:19 PM

Thats kind of funny.

Totally not PC. I do not use that word, its a word used to hate... but calling his golf ball that? I can see the comedy.

Oh,forgot all about the PC poons.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

NO! That would get you suspended and likely banned from college and a job... 2nd graders need to learn words have consequences!

Its crazy how quickly that F** word turned around. When I was in Jr. High and HS (not THAT long ago) that was as common as saying "cool". Everyone said it, all the time. But now, thats not an ok word at all. And I understand why, its a hateful word, but man that changed fast!

Its a good thing, shows how far LBGQT rights have come and how quickly. No need to hate on someone or use hateful words because of who they love or what not
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:30 PM

It's a freaking word. I hate all the snowflakes that get offended

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:33 PM

NO! That would get you suspended and likely banned from college and a job... 2nd graders need to learn words have consequences!

Its crazy how quickly that F** word turned around. When I was in Jr. High and HS (not THAT long ago) that was as common as saying "cool". Everyone said it, all the time. But now, thats not an ok word at all. And I understand why, its a hateful word, but man that changed fast!

Its a good thing, shows how far LBGQT rights have come and how quickly. No need to hate on someone or use hateful words because of who they love or what not

You ready to come out of the closet yet or already done it? Lol
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:34 PM

We had a kid in our sixth grade class that was different from most.
One day, he’d had enough of being pushed, cornered, and called names by the class bully and went absolutely ape ess on him. It was a whirlwind of claw scratches to the throat and face and lightning kicks to the belt and below regions.
It was the most brutal no holds barred beat down I’ve ever witnessed.
That different kid never got called names to his face again.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:34 PM

Much ado about nothing

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:42 PM

You ready to come out of the closet yet or already done it? Lol

Love is love bruh... Dont fight it.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 09:55 PM

I won’t boycott, because what was said did not offend me. It was unfortunate, but minor compared to some of the stuff I have heard or said on the golf course.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 10:01 PM

I boycott the NFL and NBA because they support causes that actively divide our country and have nothing to do with actual injustice, but blame people for fake issues based on their skin color. It's disgusting, appalling, racist, and horrific.

After what Trump has been like since the election, I don't blame the PGA for doing this. This isn't anti-American. It's anti-Trump.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/10/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Just to the point IDGAS anymore. I'm still watching football, I watch golf and will continue to, NBA a suks I don't watch it and won't.
Nothing I can do about the election I did what I was suppose to do and voted, now I just gotta be prepared for whatever comes next and deal with it or fight about it.

That is a great attitude. I feel
I the same way.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by patriot07
I boycott the NFL and NBA because they support causes that actively divide our country and have nothing to do with actual injustice, but blame people for fake issues based on their skin color. It's disgusting, appalling, racist, and horrific.

After what Trump has been like since the election, I don't blame the PGA for doing this. This isn't anti-American. It's anti-Trump.

Back to identifying as a boycotter today, hypocrisy at its finest.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.

When did I not boycott the nfl and nba? Sorry, I must have missed it
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:46 AM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/49563

You were on a fair number of Cowboys threads talking about what they need to do to get better etc.. On one post you mention watching a Saints game.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:59 AM

Always love playing a round of golf. Never could just sit there and watch golf. Maybe catch a few minutes of The Masters or the British Open, but watching it puts me to sleep.

Boycotts are usually stupid. You are not hurting the company/organization you are targeting most of the time, you are just denying yourself something you normally would do or like. The only boycott I can remember doing was back in the 80's when a baseball strike turned me off. Never have watched baseball since then.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:07 AM

I heard you were on TFF Cowboy game day threads and you watched the Saints!?!?

SMDH
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:13 AM

As long as they're shaking that vj I'm in.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
As long as they're shaking that vj I'm in.

Singh?
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:28 AM

He will probably be forced to apologize to every ball washer he uses for the rest of the season.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:34 AM

Back in the good ol days
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:30 AM

You made a big point about boycotting the NFL. Now you’ve been posting in Cowboy threads.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:34 AM

First full game I've watched all year....wow they're terrible.

Honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again - their best bet is to lose as much as possible to improve draft pick status and start rebuilding. Their O-line is old and injury-prone, Zeke isn't worth anything near what they pay him. Keep LVE and Lamb and start trying to find solid pieces to put around them. In FA, focus on young prospects instead of veteran talent. See if you can trade Cooper for something of value. JMHO

Of course I don't think the team has any hope of being decent til Jerry is dead. So as long as he's kicking, we're all just spiffballing about how they'll find the next new way to lose.

popcorn

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:37 AM

I heard you were on TFF Cowboy game day threads and you watched the Saints!?!?

SMDH

I may have posted once or twice on cowboys threads (normally not gameday threads), but I haven't watched any games except one my son wanted to watch (he is ate up with football and we couldn't find a college game on). That wasn't the end of a boycott - that was being a dad. Other than that, I haven't seen a game all year. I can't even recall who they played

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again - their best bet is to lose as much as possible to improve draft pick status and start rebuilding. Their O-line is old and injury-prone, Zeke isn't worth anything near what they pay him. Keep LVE and Lamb and start trying to find solid pieces to put around them. In FA, focus on young prospects instead of veteran talent. See if you can trade Cooper for something of value. JMHO

Of course I don't think the team has any hope of being decent til Jerry is dead. So as long as he's kicking, we're all just spiffballing about how they'll find the next new way to lose.

popcorn

See post above. Watched one game against my will. Son wanted to watch some football and we couldn't find any college games.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:39 AM

You made a big point about boycotting the NFL. Now you’ve been posting in Cowboy threads.

Yeah, I do get a kick out of seeing how little common sense the Jerry butt-lickers have. I was criticized significantly a couple years ago for saying the Zeke contract was beyond idiotic, and I would have let him sit out all year if he wanted to. Jerry was, is, and will be an idiot. I enjoy commenting on team executive issues - doesn't mean I'm not boycotting anything that would make money for the NFL.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16

That is a great attitude. I feel
I the same way.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 04:17 AM

popcorn

See post above. Watched one game against my will. Son wanted to watch some football and we couldn't find any college games.

I think it’s great that you watched a game with your son. Not knocking that at all. But you comment on an awful lot of Cowboys threads and watch games for someone who is boycotting. I find it odd. You may not watch many games, but you seem to know an awful lot of of what’s going on with the team for someone boycotting.

I don’t care what you do, but I am pointing out you seem to still be keeping up with it and, in my opinion, boycott means not having anything to do with it. If I was going to boycott something, I wouldn’t keep up with it outside of watching the games.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 05:08 AM

I may take up golf just to go play at Trumps course.

Never had a reason to boycott PGA but this shall do just fine
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:11 PM

My body naturally boycotts the PGA, when it is on the TV, I fall asleep very fast.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:28 PM

PGA Headquarters is moving to Frisco, along with many events.

I don't watch Golf and have not watched a Cowboy or Maverick games in years.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:46 PM

There will not be any PGA boycott since Justin apologized vehemently on several news outlets. What will happen is PGA of America will drop the PGA Championship on Trump's course in 2022. They want no association with his likes. Golf is a game of etiquette and integrity, so they must go elsewhere to uphold that image.

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 12:55 PM

popcorn

I think it’s great that you watched a game with your son. Not knocking that at all. But you comment on an awful lot of Cowboys threads and watch games for someone who is boycotting. I find it odd. You may not watch many games, but you seem to know an awful lot of of what’s going on with the team for someone boycotting.

I don’t care what you do, but I am pointing out you seem to still be keeping up with it and, in my opinion, boycott means not having anything to do with it. If I was going to boycott something, I wouldn’t keep up with it outside of watching the games.

Point of my boycotting is not contributing to anything that might make them a buck, which is watching a game or buying merchandise.

I had hoped they would eventually get their head out of their a$$ and start pretending to be pro-America again, or at least just make their employees stay out of the political arena. I assumed, naively, that this anti-American stupidity would be short-lived. But yeah, I guess there isn't much point in keeping up with it any more now since it clearly isn't going away. I do see your point though - I was keeping up with it because I expected to get back in the game when it ended...but it doesn't appear that's happening.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:19 PM

Who Cares?
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 01:52 PM

The question I have is why did it take so long? For the pga and all these others..

Everyone has known what and who he was for many many years.

You would think the FinCEN fine of 10 million would have put him in jail, especially after his response of he will pay the fine, keep doing it as its so profitable someone has to do it....

Of course he didnt pay the fine as he said he would, he filed yet another bankruptcy. His word means nothing.

https://www.fincen.gov/news/news-re...o-resort-10-million-significant-and-long
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 02:08 PM

Seems to be somewhat hypocritical that they still play on courses that for many years banned minorities, women, and certain religious types. But, I guess that is tradition. Trump is Trump and they must do some pc grandstanding.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Will there be a PGA boycott? - 01/11/21 10:28 PM

They've bee taking a hammering on their FB pages.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum