Texas Fishing Forum

Mail Carriers

Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 07:50 PM

Our mail carriers are always talking on their phone when they walk up to drop off our mail. Does yours do this? Who the heck are they talking to for 8-10 hours a day straight and where do you get a phone battery capable of that kind of load????

What do you have to talk about for that long anyway?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 07:52 PM

They are probably phone sex operators as well. 2020 has been rough on a lot of people financially. Don't judge.
Posted By: MV

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:01 PM

We have one. I filed a complaint. Talking and speeding on private street. So busy on phone was getting other peoples mail.

What really tick me off. Put the flag up for them to pick up other people mail. Was sitting there for 6 days. I took it post office to drop off. Main Rockwall. I was discussed being a government building . They had tattered flags up. They got them fixed fast.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:08 PM

Are they actually talking or do they just have the phone to their ear?

I'm convinced a lot of people just walk around holding a phone up so they don't have to talk to anyone. Women alone will sometimes have a phone in their hand and put it up to their ear whenever someone is near, like in a grocery aisle or a parking lot. It doesn't ring, they don't say hello or talk, they just all of a sudden put it to their ear to act like they're busy talking to someone.
Posted By: Tom Groves

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Canino

I'm convinced a lot of people just walk around holding a phone up so they don't have to talk to anyone. Women alone will sometimes have a phone in their hand and put it up to their ear whenever someone is near, like in a grocery aisle or a parking lot. It doesn't ring, they don't say hello or talk, they just all of a sudden put it to their ear to act like they're busy talking to someone.

I used to do this at my old job every time I walked by the managers office. peep
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:27 PM

Women alone will sometimes have a phone in their hand and put it up to their ear whenever someone is near, like in a grocery aisle or a parking lot. It doesn't ring, they don't say hello or talk, they just all of a sudden put it to their ear to act like they're busy talking to someone.

Might be your approach...
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:31 PM

just put your phone up to your ear and start describing her, either like to another guy or like you are looking for your blind date.

look really confused, it helps. roflmao

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Women alone will sometimes have a phone in their hand and put it up to their ear whenever someone is near, like in a grocery aisle or a parking lot. It doesn't ring, they don't say hello or talk, they just all of a sudden put it to their ear to act like they're busy talking to someone.

I haven't been able to figure it out. I know it isn't the crocs and socks, because I've tried every color combo with no difference. You think it might be the jorts?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:57 PM

I haven't been able to figure it out. I know it isn't the crocs and socks, because I've tried every color combo with no difference. You think it might be the jorts?

How short are the jorts?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 08:59 PM

We’ve had the same lady mail person for years, she’s good
Posted By: DI

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:04 PM

Kinda like middle eastern convenience store workers. Who the hell they talkin to all day.

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:04 PM

How short are the jorts?

They're pretty long as far as jorts go. You can only see about 1/2 inch of pocket.

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Groves

I used to do this at my old job every time I walked by the managers office. peep

Weren't you your manager? eeks
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:10 PM

College kids do this all the time. They keep their earbuds in so they can avoid talking to strangers. It's hilarious. At first I thought they were just ignoring us when we'd have to get their attention when they'd swipe their ID incorrectly while trying to enter our facility. Nope. It's rare that they are actually listening to something, or talking to anyone...they just don't want to be bothered.
Posted By: Tom Groves

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by Tom Groves

Weren't you your manager? eeks

Not at this place. grin
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 09:11 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Mail Carriers - 12/31/20 10:20 PM

I do this all the time. It works.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 12:46 AM

They are talking to someone.

We get decent mail service here, so I’m not complaining. In fact, we gift our regular postal carrier firmly well during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 12:52 AM

Never had it happen with any of our delivery drivers.
Every time a new driver pulls up they always ask the same question; do the dogs bite?
I always give the same answer; they haven’t bit anyone yet.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Icepick
Every time a new driver pulls up they always ask the same question; do the dogs bite?

We must have the same delivery drivers........lol.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman
Originally Posted by Icepick

We must have the same delivery drivers........lol.

cheers
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 02:17 AM

Being a mail person is not what it once was. Turn it over to UPS, Amazon, or Fed Ex. The same people may deliver the mail, but they will be held accountable. USPS is supposed to be privatized, but it ain't.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 02:36 AM

They screw up more than the weatherman. Front line hero’s my bottom
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong

just put your phone up to your ear and start describing her, either like to another guy or like you are looking for your blind date.

look really confused, it helps. roflmao

woot
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
They screw up more than the weatherman. Front line hero’s my bottom

There seems to be a ton of mail delivered to the wrong addresses in our neighborhood.

confused 3
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 03:09 AM

Our mailman's the best. I live almost 1/2 mile from our box out on the county road and he'll drive down our driveway periodically to deliver. Anytime we have a package to big for our big box he brings it out. I have no complaints. He's even the local Pentecostal preacher and doesn't attempt to proselytize. I have no complaints with my mail delivery.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 03:45 AM

The union guys are thugs.
The contract hourly rural carriers are great.

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 03:47 AM

We had a great mail carrier....then she went to work at the post office counter for several years...I think she's back delivering now, because we've actually had good luck getting our mail and the packages are back to being delivered at our door.
Posted By: Space

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 10:57 PM

We are on a rural route, our mail carrier is a good guy but when he as to deliver a package to the house he u-turns in the driveway then drops it on the ground. He is better than the first one we had would not even drive down the street to deliver. We had to go to the post to pick it up.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Space
We are on a rural route, our mail carrier is a good guy but when he as to deliver a package to the house he u-turns in the driveway then drops it on the ground. He is better than the first one we had would not even drive down the street to deliver. We had to go to the post to pick it up.

He probably ran into the wrong dog one too many times.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/01/21 11:31 PM

I used to live on a rural route, and we had a good mailman--except during quail season. Every time he'd see some birds cross the road, he'd park and walk up the covey. His pointer even rode along in the bed of the pickup.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/02/21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by TR176
The union guys are thugs.
The contract hourly rural carriers are great.

Rural carriers aren’t paid by the hour and most are lazier than city carriers.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/02/21 12:19 AM

Ours is good. Except he’s prone to “borrowing” my BPS catalogues and Bassmaster mags. They usually have been fumbled through cover to cover before they make it to my house.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/03/21 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Ours is good. Except he’s prone to “borrowing” my BPS catalogues and Bassmaster mags. They usually have been fumbled through cover to cover before they make it to my house.

He's gotta have something to read when he's on potty break!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Mail Carriers - 01/03/21 08:59 PM

I actually surprised when an important piece of mail shows up. It rarely happens around here. It's a total joke
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum