Texas Fishing Forum

question for Covid survivors ?

Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:37 PM

Did you lose your sense of taste and smell?

Did it come back ?

Was hot sauce still hot , just no flavor ?
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:49 PM

I havent had it...I know several who have ... taste is the last thing to come back for a few of them, still waiting.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by krawlin 47
I havent had it...I know several who have ... taste is the last thing to come back for a few of them, still waiting.

That's the one benefit I see if I get it. I'll be able to eat my wife's cooking.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:55 PM

Yes I did. Tested positive on 11/7.......recovered and back to work on 11/20. Lost taste and smell on night of 11/7. Still not all the way back. Maybe 60-75% back. Also a few things i liked to eat prior to COVID I no longer like to eat. That is common as well.

When I say I lost taste and smell I mean 100%. Everything was just texture. Same thing hapoened to my wife and daughter as well as the guys at wirk thst had it. Out of about 20 people total maybe 3 have their taste back 100%.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:55 PM

The wife and I both had it an neither of us lost our sense of smell or taste. My son lost both for a couple of weeks before they came back.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 06:59 PM

I'm just getting over it, I lost 100% smell and taste for over 10 days. I'm now on day 15 and I'm able to smell and taste just a tad better each day. When I was at 100% loss of taste and smell, I could tell when something was sweet or salty and I could also tell if it was hot or not as in spicy. You don't realize how much you depend on your sense of smell until you completely loose it, it's actually kind of dangerous ... what if there was a gas leak or a fire in the house?
Posted By: TR176

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:00 PM

Loss of taste and sense of smell is not particularly isolated to covid it happens in many diseases. My daughter was confirmed positive on 12/19 and is back to work today, she says most noticeable was joint pain and intractable headache, and as in common with many diseases a general feeling of feeling crappy which persists a long time.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:04 PM

I tested positive and realized I lost taste and smell when I had some Hooters wings.
I told my wife these are bland but could tell they had hot sauce.

Like Mark, I fully haven't got it back.
I have lost weight because nothing taste good. I loved to eat bad food but nothing sounds good.
I use to love the taste of beer but now it's just okay.

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TR176
Loss of taste and sense of smell is not particularly isolated to covid it happens in many diseases. My daughter was confirmed positive on 12/19 and is back to work today, she says most noticeable was joint pain and intractable headache, and as in common with many diseases a general feeling of feeling crappy which persists a long time.

You don't understand ..... I mean 100% loss of taste and smell ... in other words, you could have blind folded me and stuck a pile of dog chit under my nose and I wouldn't have known it.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry

You don't understand ..... I mean 100% loss of taste and smell ... in other words, you could blind folded me and stuck a pile of dog chit under my nose and I wouldn't have known it.

I want to test this. I have a dog and a blindfold. Come on over. My plans are changing for New Years.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Tacklesmith

I pray I don’t catch this most horrible disease!
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:11 PM

You don't understand ..... I mean 100% loss of taste and smell ... in other words, you could have blind folded me and stuck a pile of dog chit under my nose and I wouldn't have known it.

My son was changing his son's diaper that was full of industrial strength brown residue. He realized that he did not smell anything. That was when he got tested.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:13 PM

My nephew was diagnosed about 10 days ago. He still can't taste and can only smell a little. I make him 3 pounds of beef jerky every year for Christmas and his birthday. I haven't made it yet because there's no point.

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

You don't understand ..... I mean 100% loss of taste and smell ... in other words, you could blind folded me and stuck a pile of dog chit under my nose and I wouldn't have known it.

I want to test this. I have a dog and a blindfold. Come on over. My plans are changing for New Years.

roflmao
Posted By: John175☮

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Originally Posted by krawlin 47

That's the one benefit I see if I get it. I'll be able to eat my wife's cooking.

I'm telling mom.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:19 PM

A guy we know said he's stopped dipping, smoking and drinking because of it, still no smell or taste and it's been a month.

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:25 PM

I've read some articles where it says some people will loose it permanently. Also some people will never smell (not as in body odor) the same again, things that once tasted or smelled good, now smelled disgusting and vice versa.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

If my allergies act up, I can't taste the big 3. I just switch to an IPA...which sounds real good about now. Need to make a beer run sometime today.
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:27 PM

I'm just getting over it, I lost 100% smell and taste for over 10 days. I'm now on day 15 and I'm able to smell and taste just a tad better each day. When I was at 100% loss of taste and smell, I could tell when something was sweet or salty and I could also tell if it was hot or not as in spicy. You don't realize how much you depend on your sense of smell until you completely loose it, it's actually kind of dangerous ... what if there was a gas leak or a fire in the house?

Tested positive on December 1st. Just went back to work this week. I had same as Huckleberry, zero taste and zero smell. I damn near burnt the house down, didn't realize it until war department came screaming through the house. I couldn't smell 30% agriculture vinegar under my nose and that chit will burn the hair off your body.

So it is now day 30 and I have maybe 60% or better taste and maybe 10% of my smell back.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:33 PM

Positive on 10/23 - ran 101+ fever for 13 straight days - lost taste & small. As someone else mentioned, lost a few pounds with no taste.
Taste and smell returned over Thanksgiving holiday....and the pounds.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

A fate worse than death.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 07:51 PM

and what about spicy hot?

could you eat a ghost peeper and not feel it ?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK

If they don't feel it going in, they'll feel it coming out...
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK

If they don't feel it going in, they'll feel it coming out...

woot peep
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 09:50 PM

Wife and I both caught it back in late June. Didn't realize I lost my sense of taste and smell until a few days into it when my wife was wiping the counters with a Clorox wipe and I couldn't smell it. I even tried sniffing the container and nothing. Took a few weeks to fully taste and smell again. It took me three and a half weeks to get over it. Aches, pains, and fever only lasted about a week but the sinus congestion and headaches are what lingered. Also seemed to have a shortness of breath for a few months after. Just wonder what the long term effects will be.
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 10:07 PM

I too would like to know the long term effects.

I still get winded after walking or talking for any length of time.

Furthermore, my oxygen levels still haven't gone back to normal, I haven't been over 95 yet.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/30/20 10:27 PM

[quote=bigrebar]I too would like to know the long term effects.

The long-term effects are unknown, and that's the scary part. For all we know Covid could eventually cause a loss of feeling in your private parts. If that should happen, you'll see some serious mask wearing.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/31/20 01:40 AM

I spent 11 days in the hospital the last week of October and into Nov. I had one foot in the grave for a few days . My taste and smell was jacked up for a short time . It is back to normal .
The little woman had it at the say time and her taste and smell are back to normal finally . Hers was jacked for several weeks .
Posted By: z289sec

Re: question for Covid survivors ? - 12/31/20 05:27 AM

I took the antibody test, in May. Showed Positive. My wife showed Negative. Only time I had been sick at all was a lingering cough the second week of November 2019 through the first week of December. So either I had it before it was supposedly here, had it and didn't know it, or test was a false positive.

What's really weird is where I work. Everybody wears masks, at work, and out and about. Except for four of us. Everyone has either had it, and gotten sick, or has it now. Except for the four of us, since it's been mandated to wear a mask. Nobody had it when masks weren't mandated, after it was already here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum