Texas Fishing Forum

Starting to dislike Ford

Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 12:37 PM

2017 F150 SuperCrew with only 19,600 miles

SYNCH module - 2 months ago
Radio, heater and other controls stopped working. SYNCH module replacement. Since my truck was 2 months out of the 3/36 warranty, the service advisor at GRAPEVINE FORD said the radio wouldn’t be covered. I told him to do his homework before calling me with news like that. I bought the premium extended warranty. He then tried to take credit by saying, “we got you covered on that module.” Uh- I paid dearly for an extended warranty. If anyone “has me covered” its me.

Tail gate won’t open - yesterday
This takes the cake. It’s an electronic opener, likely the actuator. GRAPEVINE FORD service guy on phone says it may be actuator, wiring harness dead battery.......WAIT. Dead battery? The battery starts the truck but it won’t drop the tail gate. You gotta be f ing kidding me.

Dear Ford- my fuse is short on stupid. Don’t be stupid.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 12:43 PM

That sucks man, I’m a big time Ford guy but my fuse would be short also at this point.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 12:53 PM

take it to garland, prestige ford.

they are good, where I bought mine and I also had the premium warranty (expired last month).

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 12:55 PM

Grapevine said if I take it anywhere else, I would have to pay the $100 deductible since I bought my truck from Grapevine. Anyone know if this is true?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Grapevine said if I take it anywhere else, I would have to pay the $100 deductible since I bought my truck from Grapevine. Anyone know if this is true?

If its a Ford ESP then yes there is a $100 deductible.

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 01:51 PM

yes, you should be paying it at grapevine also unless they are covering it for you.

used mine 3 times and it cost me 100 smackers each time but saved me a few hundred on totals.

is the aggravation of grapevine worth saving 100 $?

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 02:03 PM

Grapevine is going to get it right- come hell or high water.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:10 PM

Love ford, hate my dealer.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:11 PM

Seems like Ford needs to right the ship a little. I saw where the Explorer has had 10 recalls in 2020. This is unacceptable when you consider the cost of cars these days.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:25 PM

Sounds like advisor doesn’t know his stuff.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I bought a 2020 ST Explorer from GV Ford in Jan (two new ones in last 3 years), and I can most definitely say that I will never, ever buy from them again. And yes, their service dept sux, too.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Sounds like advisor doesn’t know his stuff.

It's been quite the turnover since Covid with their service advisors. Quick Lane folks are good, though.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I understand that. I love Kia and their products, but after dealing with Vanguard, I don't know that I'll ever own another. Granted, they did eventually get my car fixed, but I went with Hyundai because it's the same warranty and I will not have to use Vanguard for maintenance. Vanguard may have made the building a bit nicer, but for me, Patterson was better at making sure the car repairs were done right the first time.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 03:49 PM

I had a Bronco with tons of electrical problems and never bought a Ford since
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by sdavis24

Had a Ford Ranger STX and it spent about 1/4 of its life at the dealership in Longview. I made the mistake of purchasing the 7 year unlimited milage extended warranty which I found out covered almost NOTHING. Just about everything that broke, leaked wore out was considered a wear item, even when they had just replaced it two weeks before. The work quality sucked as did the service writer. Lakeforkfisherman, sorry you are having problems, I am starting to look for a new pickup and it is good to know that nothing has changed at Ford since the 1980's. I will never own another Ford product again.

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Originally Posted by sdavis24

Had a Ford Ranger STX and it spent about 1/4 of its life at the dealership in Longview. I made the mistake of purchasing the 7 year unlimited milage extended warranty which I found out covered almost NOTHING. Just about everything that broke, leaked wore out was considered a wear item, even when they had just replaced it two weeks before. The work quality sucked as did the service writer. Lakeforkfisherman, sorry you are having problems, I am starting to look for a new pickup and it is good to know that nothing has changed at Ford since the 1980's. I will never own another Ford product again.

my 14 has been an excellent truck, in shop 3 times under extended warranty for minor stuff that could have broke on any vehicle, warranty saved me about 2,000.00 and repairs totaled to 300.00

last one was worn out upper ball joint, dealer in paris replaced all (upper and lower), alignment and oil change for 100.00, oil change was a freebie that time.
Posted By: Go-N-Slow

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 07:59 PM

Calling the new Ford electric vehicle a mustang was dumb...seems just like a marketing ploy....
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Go-N-Slow
Calling the new Ford electric vehicle a mustang was dumb...seems just like a marketing ploy....

And yet all the pre-orders sold out in no time. It's just a name, get over it.

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by Go-N-Slow

And yet all the pre-orders sold out in no time. It's just a name, get over it.

bronco took about 2 hrs. to sell out pre production.

hybrid f150 did same.

marketing is doing something right.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Starting to dislike Ford - 12/23/20 10:27 PM

If you take to the selling dealer you get a zero deductible vs $100. My friend owns that store, and my BEST friend is the GSM. Call me I can help.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum