Texas Fishing Forum

I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas

Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:17 AM

I love my wife, and want to get her the best Christmas present that I can. She works her [censored] off, and deserves to have an easier way to do her seemingly favorite activity, so...

What is the best vacuum for picking up pet hair from hardwood floors?

This is not a joke. She really does love vacuuming. Right now, she’s doing so while I’m trying to watch Netflix. It’s annoying AF. Whatcha got? Does it work? Is it noisy? Will it make her shut up?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:19 AM

Dyson V11 Animal, hope you love her enough to spend $450
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:22 AM

What a lucky woman
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:22 AM

Dyson Animal something something is what we use. You'll enjoy it
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:25 AM

We use a Dyson animal as well. Excellent product and yea pricey but it’s a cleaning machine.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:25 AM

Very thoughtful. I would also get her a couple of good pairs of work gloves. You don’t want her to get blisters pulling weeds, and chopping firewood.
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:26 AM

Sharks are good!!
Posted By: rj74955

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:27 AM

I would just shoot myself right now if I knew what kind of vacuum cleaner we have. I hope this helped.

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Very thoughtful. I would also get her a couple of good pairs of work gloves. You don’t want her to get blisters pulling weeds, and chopping firewood.

I’m glad you brought that up. I need some new stocking stuffer ideas. Typically, I buy her a few sets of ratchet straps so she can tie stuff down in the bed of my truck for me. This will really surprise her!
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:30 AM

Dyson is having a Cyber Monday sale online.

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Dyson is having a Cyber Monday sale online.

I’m gonna have to wait a minute. I bought 4 rifles in the past week, so I better not put anything else on our credit card for a minute.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I would just shoot myself right now if I knew what kind of vacuum cleaner we have. I hope this helped.

You don't know what gifts you purchased your wife?
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:48 AM

Dyson V11
Posted By: rj74955

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Originally Posted by rj74955

You don't know what gifts you purchased your wife?

I put a lot of thought and research into the things I buy for my wife. If she's happy then I am very happy. For example, the set of twins with a lifetime twin tune up. Happy happy.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:55 AM

3 Roombas and then she can sit down to watch Netflix.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:56 AM

I’d tell you to ask the king of suck, but he’s on the wall.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:57 AM

A new BirelART cadet chassis with a LO206 from Kart City.

You're welcome.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:01 AM

Is it all carpet? We installed LVP on our main floor and then I bought a Roomba, it’s amazing what I empty ever morning
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:01 AM

The best gift would be to send her to your TFF friend's homes so she can get the pleasure of vacuuming more homes.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:02 AM

Miele U1. We've had ours for a year. But, we have carpet and no pet hair. The quality is #1 of the fit and finish though and it is lightweight. Not a cheapo vacuum however. It will run $700 and up.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
What a lucky woman

Plus #1.
wife
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
I’d tell you to ask the king of suck, but he’s on the wall.

Pretty Good A-
Posted By: fisherinok

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:21 AM

Tell her you think it’s sexy and puts you in the mood. A little dry humping of her leg and she won’t do it around you anymore.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:27 AM

We run Riccar vacuums. Just traded in her 20+ yo machine for an upgrade. Check them out.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:44 AM

My wife would prefer a broom over a vacuum. And then she'd beat my Ars with it for getting her a broom.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 02:06 AM

Last year while Christmas shopping the wife and I went our separate ways. When she was was done she called and asks where I was. I told her do you remember when we got married and you wanted that diamond ring I couldn't afford at that little jewelry store? With teary eyes she said yes! I replied I'm at the tackle store next door.
banana
Posted By: Space

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:15 PM

Get her a Eufy Robovac 30 it will suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
Posted By: gander

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
Dyson V11 Animal, hope you love her enough to spend $450
Well worth it...durable and works great
Posted By: beartrap

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:31 PM

bought mine a padded toilet seat once...my thought was that you can't get much more personal than that but she wasn't pleased....also bought her a bag of those heart shaped grits once but she wasn't happy with that either....
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 01:44 PM

Our 15 year old Dyson is on its last legs. I want to replace it with another Dyson. The Boss says the Sharks use the same technology at half the price.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Our 15 year old Dyson is on its last legs. I want to replace it with another Dyson. The Boss says the Sharks use the same technology at half the price.

We have a shark and it is excellent. I have an Aussie who puts out loads of hair. The Shark handles it no problem and does and excellent job.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zipster
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut

We have a shark and it is excellent. I have an Aussie who puts out loads of hair. The Shark handles it no problem and does and excellent job.

Yeah, my mom bought a Shark a while back...I was skeptical, but it is quite good. It takes a bit to get used to when you go to take it apart to vacuum the car, though...probably would help if I read the instructions, but where's the fun in that?
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 02:42 PM

When I was a kid we did not have much money for modern conveniences, so my mother liked to get things like vacuum cleaners, cooking utensils, etc. for Christmas, so I thought all women were like this. When I got married I still had this mindset, so I bought my wife a nice vacuum for Christmas. I found out that not all women think the same. It was real quite around our house for a long time after that.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

+1
Posted By: Icepick

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by spazm09
Originally Posted by grout-scout

+1

I have bought my wife jewelry, a car, clothing, etc.
None of them came close to the reaction I got for giving her a roomba.
She says it’s the best gift she ever received for Christmas.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 03:04 PM

She is one very lucky lady!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 03:13 PM

I would look very good at the Bissel Crosswave line of products if you have hard surfaces, pets, etc...

They not only vacuum, but they mop at the same time, and they self clean. You can also get a plethora of attachments for variation of cleaning.

CrossWave

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Po Boy
When I was a kid we did not have much money for modern conveniences, so my mother liked to get things like vacuum cleaners, cooking utensils, etc. for Christmas, so I thought all women were like this. When I got married I still had this mindset, so I bought my wife a nice vacuum for Christmas. I found out that not all women think the same. It was real quite around our house for a long time after that.

roflmao Yes, all of us older gentlemen have made that same mistake. I've received tools for Christmas over the years too and still like that kind of gift. You are correct too in that when my wife and I were just starting out, we often gave and received useful presents that made our everyday lives easier. Today is all effed up. We give our grandkids google money and they buy pretend weapons and stuff for online video games. I asked them "You mean you pay money for some extra imaginary game piece for a video game"? Yes. SMDH.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 04:26 PM

Had a Dyson. It worked when it worked. Battery life is a joke.
Posted By: Flyfisherman

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 04:36 PM

Dyson all day long. They’re expensive but worth every penny.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I would look very good at the Bissel Crosswave line of products if you have hard surfaces, pets, etc...

They not only vacuum, but they mop at the same time, and they self clean. You can also get a plethora of attachments for variation of cleaning.

CrossWave

Sounds like the old Kirby. You could use it as a leaf blower and a Flowbie.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 04:59 PM

My wifes been riding her Dyson a couple times a week for a few years now. No complaints yet other then she makes me dump the container and clean it.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 05:06 PM

I made this amazon list for my wife. Feel free to use any of these ideas.

[Linked Image]

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
I made this amazon list for my wife. Feel free to use any of these ideas.

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 05:12 PM

I help the wife around the house when I can. One of my few duties in keeping a half clean house is vacuuming from time to time. I am still using the old 30 year old KIRBY. Like vacuuming with an Airstream RV, but it's still a sucking machine. The SHARK helps with the day to day stuff. Unbelievable how much pet hair that thing picks up in a week.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 05:28 PM

Coco
That is a good deal on those skiddies...
I ordered a few packs for spares
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/01/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
I love my wife, and want to get her the best Christmas present that I can. She works her [censored] off, and deserves to have an easier way to do her seemingly favorite activity, so...

What is the best vacuum for picking up pet hair from hardwood floors?

This is not a joke. She really does love vacuuming. Right now, she’s doing so while I’m trying to watch Netflix. It’s annoying AF. Whatcha got? Does it work? Is it noisy? Will it make her shut up?

I found that vacuum cleaners make better anniversary gifts than Christmas gifts. These two occasions have very different meanings. One says “Happy Birthday Jesus” and the other says “I love you”. If you really love her, give her the vacuum on your anniversary.
Posted By: DCmac

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/02/20 06:15 PM

Miele (spelling?). German, I think. Don't know what model. One of the girls has one, loves it. DW wants one to replace her Shark and Dyson, both she's gotten to hate. Easier Christmas for me this year, having daughter do the hard part, I just write the check. Most years DW doesn't even give a hint.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/02/20 10:09 PM

All that I can say is "sleep with one eye open". 🤔
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/03/20 07:26 AM

I can't believe you all talk about giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for a gift. My balls would be missing (or at least very blue) if I gave one to my wife for Christmas. More power to you!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: I love my wife- need Christmas present ideas - 12/04/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

CrossWave

Between our golden retriever and the wife/daughter, there is hair all over the place. I've read rave reviews by friends who have this. I think I'm going to order one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum