Texas Fishing Forum

Looks like rona got another one

Posted By: Pinkus

Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:40 AM

Just read AJ’s at lake fork is closing due to the rona.. it’s tough to hear.. was a good place.. screw you rona
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:42 AM

Wow that sucks
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:43 AM

like the building got the rona and had to close ?
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
like the building got the rona and had to close ?

No, [Linked Image]
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:45 AM

AJ’d? Where is That again? Why can’t I place AJ’s?
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:51 AM

Man that's terrible, I hate reading things like this.
Seeing this alot lately though and probably gonna be alot more close. I feel for these mom and pop establishments in any business.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 03:58 AM

Hate that for the staff. Hard working people...
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

AJ's Fish House is there on 17 just South of 515, next to Verona's Italian
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 04:10 AM

Man I hate 2020
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by steve hummert
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

AJ's Fish House is there on 17 just South of 515, next to Verona's Italian

Ok. That’s right. Been a while since I ate there. This sucks bad. I hate Rona.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 05:56 AM

One of many businesses that have folded due to the China Virus.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 04:57 PM

Hope he's able to come back. They have an established clientele and a great catfish buffet that is very popular and will be missed.
Posted By: racing75

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 05:05 PM

Hate to hear this. What a year this has been.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 06:21 PM

AJ's was one of the places on our list whenever we fished lake fork.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 06:33 PM

This isnt just a place some liked to eat closing, everyone of these businesses represents often a lifetime of work, generational wealth and even worse a dream coming to an end for the owner. Small business people are becoming a rare breed and I fear for the state of the country when so many are gone that the best a kid can do is go get a job working the next 40 years for company x. Very sad times we are living in, very sad.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
This isnt just a place some liked to eat closing, everyone of these businesses represents often a lifetime of work, generational wealth and even worse a dream coming to an end for the owner. Small business people are becoming a rare breed and I fear for the state of the country when so many are gone that the best a kid can do is go get a job working the next 40 years for company x. Very sad times we are living in, very sad.

Yep. That's I do my best to always shop small businesses versus big chains when possible.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 09:25 PM

No kidding, and it is not near over, I am just happy I have friends like you just in case I need a loan to keep the boat afloat. Seriously I feel bad for all the businesses that have closed due to the pandemic, it sucks.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 09:33 PM

I ate there once and did not really care for it. That being said, I hate to see people losing their jobs and in the case of ownership their dreams.

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

No kidding, and it is not near over, I am just happy I have friends like you just in case I need a loan to keep the boat afloat. Seriously I feel bad for all the businesses that have closed due to the pandemic, it sucks.

When mine goes under I was gonna drive one of your concrete trucks.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/29/20 11:13 PM

I don’t really think the majority of the people go there for the best catfish. Seems to me it’s more of kinda like a destination point for those that come to Fork and fish. Gotta go to AJ’s while your there.

And for the locals. It seems like everyone knows everyone that’s in there eating.

Their going to be missed.

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/30/20 01:17 AM

Can you pass a pee test ?

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/30/20 01:23 AM

How long can I study for the test?

Re: Looks like rona got another one - 11/30/20 02:05 AM

How long can I study for the test?

We will give you notice before you have to take the test, have had a few fail even though they knew the test was coming. If you fail then maybe you could just show me how to catch em on Squaw, 3-4 pounders, not 2 pounders, I can manage them on my own. I guess we better get back on topic here, talk to you later amigo.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum