Texas Fishing Forum

Mechanics

Posted By: Pilothawk

Mechanics - 11/28/20 01:50 PM

Fire got my old f250. Cab only smoke damage....but it is a 2000 so I know insurance will total it and give me nothing for it.

My question...is it likely that 7.3 would be salvageable. Is there a market for one ?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 01:54 PM

I would think so. They're great engines.
Posted By: Jman

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 02:51 PM

Everything on that truck is valuable to some extent. Not a lot of parts are being made anymore for these trucks. So anything that is in good condition is worth something to someone out there.

I just got done rebuilding my '01 and I've looked for all kind of parts in good condition. Most are ragged out, however which is why they are parting out the truck in the first place.

Just curious if you know what might have happened/caused said fire.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 02:56 PM

Im not a auto mechanic im a aircraft mechanic lol but I think if there's nothing wrong with that motor from the fire it would be diffidently worth something that's probably the best diesel made in my opinion . I have never had one (I'm a GM, Dodge man lol) but I have friends that have them and really like them because of there reliability.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 02:59 PM

Ph, I'm on a powerstroke page on FB. Those old 7.3s bring some coin. I wish it was closer, id be happy to help with it
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 03:21 PM

I would be looking for a cab. Whatever you do keep it. Buy it from the insurance. Sell the parts yourself. Restore it.
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Mechanics - 11/28/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jman
Just curious if you know what might have happened/caused said fire.

My guess would be lightning. PH ?

God Bless America . . . flag
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum