Texas Fishing Forum

How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID?

Posted By: Okie Poke

How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:12 PM

We just found out Friday that my son has tested positive. He's a college student. He was supposed to pitch in the final game of their Fall World Series on Friday but obviously that didn't happen. This thing is scary when it hits this close to home. Him and his GF are isolating together for the next 10 days. Her parents said don't come home for a while. She tested negative but has been exposed for several weeks from girls that play on the softball team. We're headed to AR and will cook Turkey dinner and then run it to T-Quah just so he can eat Thanksgiving food. If he feels better, we will meet halfway on Thursday and drop it on the side of the road for him to pick up. It's only a 2-hour drive. Symptoms are headache, fever, chills, body aches, shortness of breath. All the tell-tale signs. This thing really sucks and has interrupted a lot of lives in the meantime. Please say a prayer for Jonathan and GF, and especially pray for all the others that has it and let's pray for friends and family that has to deal with loss of life from this dreaded virus. 2020 can't get outta here fast enough!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:15 PM

Wife, daughter and grandson have had it.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:17 PM

Three older cousins have died from it...hopefully no more of my family or friends get this stupid disease. i hope your son, his girlfriend, and all those that have been inflicted with this virus make a full recovery. Covid sucks.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:21 PM

Son, DIL, and 3 out of their 4 kids had it. Mostly a non event except for the DIL. She had what seemed like the flu. Bed for a couple of days and then up and about. None of them were serious.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:46 PM

Brother in law,My sister and his sister and kids. They just decided to go to deer camp together and quarantine in the woods. They bagged a couple of Blacktails. When I get it I'll go stay at the lake and sleep in my truck and fish all day.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Three older cousins have died from it...hopefully no more of my family or friends get this stupid disease. i hope your son, his girlfriend, and all those that have been inflicted with this virus make a full recovery. Covid sucks.

So sorry to hear, LSS. Praying.
Posted By: plumbcrazy

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 06:58 PM

My 90 year old dad in the VA nursing home has it right now mad
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:06 PM

Wife, son, and daughter in law.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:11 PM

Nephew. He's is doing well. Tested positive about two weeks ago. Only had minor symptoms.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:14 PM

yawn
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:15 PM

I have not thus far, prayers to all affected
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:27 PM

me & my daughter

prayers for your son
Posted By: 206champion

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:28 PM

My wife and I both have/had she was first and is pretty much over it I have had it for about 7 days and feel pretty good.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 07:42 PM

Grandma, mom, brother, SIL, niece all had it. Mom spent 10 days in the hospital and damned near died from it
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 08:07 PM

Father, sister, brother-in-law, 2 nephews and niece. All recovering. Dad was in the hospital 2 weeks.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:21 PM

Daughter-In-Law tested positive for both Covid and the flu the first of this month. She had a high temp for a few days, but felt okay during the process. She works in the medical field and had to get a negative test before she or my son could return to work. Both were off for three weeks, until DIL finally got a negative test result.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:21 PM

So far just me. Knocked the s... out of it though taz
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:27 PM

Grandmother and Sister had it. BIL also got it, but not my niece, she never got it living in the house with them.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:33 PM

Step-brother/wife, step-sister/husband had it and latter both have it now all in west monroe, La.
Posted By: lowew79

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:34 PM

Aunt, Uncle, and two cousins all died from it for sure. Suspect grandmother died of it, not certain. Step-daughter tested positive, little to no symptoms. Wife and I both suspect we've had it (family MD says we likely did too) but didn't get tested. Even with co-morbidities we experienced no symptoms.

Weird disease seems to devastate some and barely even bother others.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/22/20 10:47 PM

Prayers for all infected that it does not put you down and you bounce back.
TFF is like my family.

So far nothing here yet.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 12:12 AM

Daughter and wife both had it
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 12:17 AM

First time I had it I stayed in my bedroom for 10 days. My wife slept next to me but no one else in the house ever showed symptoms.

Last time I got it my wife caught it 2 days later and 2 of 3 kids had it.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 12:48 AM

My daughter in-law had it and got really sick and it's been a month ago and she still gets short of breath. My son in-law got it and it didn't even phase him.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 12:58 AM

So far just 1 cousin, 1 niece, mother-in-law (died from it), and a near miss for my sister. Just found out today that the girl I took to the prom my jr year of high school many decades ago passed away yesterday from it. Kind of odd. All within my family circle that have had it have been female.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 01:18 AM

A lot of death being reported on this thread.
No matter where you stand on Covid, a lot of suffering has happened this year.

Stay safe y'all. And God Bless.
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:28 AM

Older brother tested positive last week. Said he would live to see another day,

Barry

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:32 AM

You folks having family and friends turn up positive please keep an eye on them even if they are very mild. Days 5-10 is when mild cases flip for no reason and turn severe.
Posted By: MARKIT

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:38 AM

BIL and SIL had it, took them weeks to get back to work
MIL and FIL had it, MIL spent a bit of time in hospital but getting batter now.
Its everywhere at work and the school
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:38 AM

So far just my youngest son
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 10:52 AM

My brother in law
Posted By: buda13

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 11:19 AM

Uncle, aunt, and cousin have all had it. All were in bed a few days and battled fatigue for about 2 weeks but thankfully nothing serious.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 12:22 PM

A brother in law, a sister in law, 2 nieces, and 1 great niece. Brother in law says this is the sickest he's ever been in his life. So far he's refused to go to a doctor and get any treatment. The rest of them are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 01:07 PM

FIL and MIL both in their late 70's. FIL has recovered and MIL is taking a little longer.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 02:17 PM

Sister, brother in law, Mother in law who is 88. All recovered.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 02:28 PM

for the people that have been around immediate family members that were positive, without catching it...… are you blood type O+? I am O+ and have been around sooooo many patients with the active virus, lots of covid pneumonia, etc. I haven't always put on my N95 mask, and always at least have a surgical mask on my face. I am curious, as I have heard, the O+ people are less likely to catch it due to the blood cells being smooth on the outer layer.
it almost seems as if there is a specific correlation between O+ and infection rates. One of our NP's family was positive and that person had a sinus infection at the same time but never showed positive or has antibodies now. The person's family all have antibodies. It's pretty crazy how they designed this virus!
Posted By: Icepick

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
for the people that have been around immediate family members that were positive, without catching it...… are you blood type O+? I am O+ and have been around sooooo many patients with the active virus, lots of covid pneumonia, etc. I haven't always put on my N95 mask, and always at least have a surgical mask on my face. I am curious, as I have heard, the O+ people are less likely to catch it due to the blood cells being smooth on the outer layer.
it almost seems as if there is a specific correlation between O+ and infection rates. One of our NP's family was positive and that person had a sinus infection at the same time but never showed positive or has antibodies now. The person's family all have antibodies. It's pretty crazy how they designed this virus!

I'm O positive and have been around my in laws who are also O positive. They were in direct contact (unknowingly) with family who tested positive a day after they spent hours together and are now ill. Those of us who are O positive haven't had as much as a sniffle. My BIL who said this is the sickest he's been in his life is type AB.

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 02:54 PM

I am O+ and got it.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:04 PM

My wife is o+ and she got it, Im A- and I got it so I obviously don't think blood type matters much.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:11 PM

Sister and her husband just got over it
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:36 PM

My lady had it bad for about a week in March; all the classic symptoms. Then, several more weeks of fatigue. Back to normal now. I had a sore throat for a couple days from it.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/23/20 03:40 PM

Some co-workers have had it but none of my family or friends have.
Posted By: Flippy

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/24/20 10:41 PM

9 of the 18 people in my wife immediate family have gotten it and recovered. Her brother was the oldest at 57. Her great uncle had it twice back to back and was hospitalized but has since recovered. I do know several people who have lost a parent due to the virus but they all have been much older. One that lost a parent both her and her husband tested positive for the virus but were asymptomatic. She tested positive for nearly a month before testing negative.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/24/20 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I am O+ and got it.

Yeah, I was kinda banking on that theory, but I'm O+ and I got it last Thursday.

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/25/20 12:34 AM

Some good news.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...cine-shots-in-less-than-three-weeks.html
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/25/20 12:42 AM

Hope they pull through which I am sure being young they will. Look on the bright side, you will soon be a grandfather to a covid conception.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: How many folks has had immediate family members catch the COVID? - 11/25/20 01:06 AM

I know someone on here who's wife and most likely him have it. Not sure he wants that info out but prayers for all who have it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum