Texas Fishing Forum

anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine?

Posted By: dbraune

anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:13 AM

I had it monday and can still hardly move my arm.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:22 AM

I got the first one about a month ago, forgot about it 10 minutes after I got it....
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:30 AM

I have had the Prevnar 13 vac.
Posted By: plumbcrazy

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:39 AM

My dad had one when he first went into the VA home it doesn't work for RONA though but he doesn't have a pneumonia yet so I guess that's a good
Posted By: Allison1

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 05:32 AM

I got the flu and shingles shots Sunday. Shoulder was sore when I raised my arm for 24 hours but all is well now.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 06:39 AM

I had a sore arm for a couple of days. This year's flu shot did the same for some reason.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by dbraune

I had one about 5 years ago and it made me a little sick the next day and my arm was sore for 2 days. But I haven’t had pneumonia and I’d had it 4 or 5 times before. I think they’re good for 7-10:years.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 07:50 AM

Didn’t even know there was an pneumonia vaccine.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 11:21 AM

I had it several years ago, but I don't remember any issues with it.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 11:28 AM

Had it about 4 years ago. No issues and I believe Walgreens said it was good for 5 years.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 11:52 AM

I have had both shots ,arm was sore for a couple of days .
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 11:53 AM

Got it in august, zero post shot issues
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 12:15 PM

Had mine several years back, this does remind me that I am due for my distemper booster.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP
I have had both shots ,arm was sore for a couple of days .

+1 and I did the first of the Shingles vaccine in Nov will get the last one right before Christmas.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 12:43 PM

I've had a couple over the years....no problems....
Posted By: T Bird

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 01:03 PM

Yes, no issues here.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 01:07 PM

Got both of my pneumonia shots 6 months apart and my regular flu shot. Had the regular flu first of the year but was really mild and only lasted 2 or 3 days after going to the doctor.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 01:11 PM

Does anyone get the flu or pneumonia these days ?
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 01:17 PM

Yes, I've had the shot - I remember no soreness or lingering effects. No pneumonia here either.

God Bless America ! flag !
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dbraune

I had issues with not being able to lift my arm for a long time for about 6 months. Then when it was time for the booster 3 years later the second one was even worse and had it in the other arm. I ask a couple of doctors why this happens and they just don't know or do not want to admit that it happens to some people. Went in this week to ask when would I need another one and the pharmacy sad it is not given until a new vaccine comes out. Now I have the flue shots given in the hip. No problems so far with that.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 02:06 PM

I got the 5 year shot and two years later spent 3 days in the hospital with pneumonia. Hopefully the newer version covers more forms of pneumonia than the one I got.
Posted By: DCmac

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 02:08 PM

Did the Prevnar 2-shot in 18 and 19. Had pneumonia when I was a kid, damm near killed me. Don't want to go thru that again. Strong, very strong, believer in vaccinations for personal and not-so-personal reasons.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 02:14 PM

Pneumovax 23 ... given a bunch of it. Provides coverage against severe infection by 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria. It is an admission standard to ask patients about their vaccine status and can be provided by the hospital prior to discharge. Same as a flu vax.

Pain at injection site can be a mild inflammation related to technique by the clinician or a localized rejection of the antigens or inert substances in the vaccine.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
Pneumovax 23 ... given a bunch of it. Provides coverage against severe infection by 23 types of pneumococcal bacteria. It is an admission standard to ask patients about their vaccine status and can be provided by the hospital prior to discharge. Same as a flu vax.

Pain at injection site can be a mild inflammation related to technique by the clinician or a localized rejection of the antigens or inert substances in the vaccine.

I got the pneumovax in winter of 85 and it dam near killed me, caused my blood to get so thick it was hard to do a draw. ended up in the hospital for 3 days on double iv to rehydrate me.

won't do that again.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 03:19 PM

There are several shots that are a real pain in the shot location/arm. Tetanus shot was the worst until I got my second Shingles shot. Most of the time, as long as I use the arm a lot right after the shot to get it moving, the muscle is fine. That second shingles shot caused a nice lump that lasted more than a week and was red and hot to the touch. Had a similar thing with the pneumonia shot.
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 03:56 PM

Had a little arm soreness for about 24 hours. All was good after that.
Posted By: COFF

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:01 PM

I can't say for sure, but I believe it was one of the 7000 shots they stuck in me while I walked the gauntlet at basic training. If not then, there's a good chance it was included in the 400 shot booster cocktail they gave us before being deployed.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:31 PM

I had One Pneumonia shot about 1.5 years ago. No issues with arm soreness. The second Pneumonia shot is not a "booster", it is a shot for a different strain of pneumonia. The Doc told me the second one is hardly necessary anymore. I was going to get it when the CHina Flu was still new thinking it would prevent the pnuemonia associated with the China Flu. But the Doc says, no it wouldn't help with the strain of pneumonia resulting from the Wuhan.

I went and checked my records. I had the Prevnar. The one that the Doc said I really don't need anymore is the Pneumovax 23. Go figure.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 04:48 PM

I have not had the pneumonia vaccine yet. I did recently get immunized with the MMR, and the Hep-B and of the two, the B was the worst. The new Hep-B is a two part vacc and I’ll get the 2nd in Dec.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: anyone ever have the pneumonia vaccine? - 11/19/20 07:33 PM

Just wait until you get a GG (gamma globulins) shot in the rear. Man, that was a rough one. Got that one and then sat on a Cargo plane from the panhandle of Florida all the way to Korea non-stop.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum