Texas Fishing Forum

The paranoia that surrounds ALL of us

Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

The paranoia that surrounds ALL of us - 11/17/20 02:35 PM

Sniffling and sneezing from seasonal allergies shouldn’t be part of the covid equation, but now it’s an everyday worry. How much more bull [censored] are we going to have put up with?!?!?!?

My rant is over and yes I’ve put it in the Lords hands

Carry on
Posted By: RATZ

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 02:38 PM

hopefuly by march we will be vaccinated
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 02:41 PM

It's all around down here. So far everyone I know has had mild symptoms.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 02:42 PM

Having a healthy amount of concern is far better than denial.
Human beings tend to be emotional, some more than others.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

yes

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:00 PM

Just wondering, Will the shot be available to those over 75 ?
Posted By: 206champion

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1
Sniffling and sneezing from seasonal allergies shouldn’t be part of covid equation, but now it’s an everyday worry. How much more bull [censored] are we going to have put up with?!?!?!?

My rant is over and yes I’ve put it in the Lords hands

Carry on

Say what you want about sniffling and sneezing but me and my wife both have covid right now and both of started with those symptoms then it got worse like headaches and cough and no taste or smell
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4

yes

[Linked Image]

That is quite disturbing.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trebor Neil

Some good information here:
Pfizer mRNA vaccine information
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:06 PM

I thought I had allergies when I tested positive
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:24 PM

It's real and should be taken seriously. Not stop life all around you for a month seriously, because we can't do that, but it needs to be taken seriously. Wear a mask when in public because it's just not that bog of a deal and will help slow the spread. and if it saves 1 life then it's worth it. I don't want that blood on my hands. Speaking of hands, wash them freqeuntly. Use hand sanitizer. Why not? Can't hurt. Finally, if you have any symptoms, stay home and avoid contact. Those who are high risk, need to be extra cautious and just avoid crowds. For example, we have a dear friend who lives down the street, she is very high risk. We have avoided contact with her physically and observed social distancing. It's really all we can do. But life goes on and we have to live. Life can't stop. We have to find balance. Carry on, Be a man, live life and be kind.
Posted By: LC701

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:37 PM

I've been fighting those symptoms for a week now. Head and chest full of gunk. Can't hardly stand to blow my nose anymore it's so raw. But that's all it's been. I believe it's just a typical cold
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:40 PM

A person can't even be "normal" sick anymore.

It's all covid!

If you eat a Frito in public and choke/cough slightly due to crumbs in your throat, you have covid.

If I was in Big Bend hiking, fell off a cliff and died, then 3 days later another hiker found me, I would be labeled as covid!!!

There is a bigger picture going on here, a bigger organization!

Blessings to us all!

...------

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:42 PM

Good information regarding the Moderna trial
Moderna trial
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:55 PM

Thanks, good info, however I believe it will be the responsibility of the Government not the manufacter that will distribute.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 04:58 PM

I'm cautious. Especially with the elderly. My dad is 83, Mom, Mom-n-law, and Paw-n- law all 78.

I stay clear of them.

My job has me in contact with 30+ employees, and several truck drivers each day. No telling where any of them have been in the last 3 days. So I take precautions. Not that I'm concerned about me, But I'm concerned of passing it to loved ones that check every box on the high risk chart.
I haven't seen my parents since fathers day, and it was another few months before that. Not worth the risk. Talk and text almost everyday. Just not the same. @ 53....I'd still love to hug my momma and tell I love her in person....
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:01 PM

All you can do is keep living. We potentially face being exposed on every call at work. Its a risk we accept. All we can do is be cautiius.
On an individual level we all can be exposed anywhere at anytime. Take sensible precautions and keep living as best you can. I do not allow this to dominate my life. This too shall pass.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:08 PM

I've lived my entire adult life at risk of sudden death, so while I am sensitive to others, I am not really suffering mentally from that. I am concerned about the long term effects of this on society however. This will be the new disability claim, watch! PTSD from covid.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:10 PM

Gotta admit. I haven't been paranoid at all about it. Until last week when a coworker tested positive. I had a sneezing fit a couple days later. My thinking was here we go. But that's all it was, a sneezing fit.
I never sneeze just once either. It's always at least a half dozen, often times it's more.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:12 PM

Thanks, good info, however I believe it will be the responsibility of the Government not the manufacter that will distribute.

Yes, I like to use the following phrase:
"I'm not certain regarding details of the vaccine program implementation and distribution; I am just a doctor, not a politician."
Posted By: steveiam

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.
Gotta admit. I haven't been paranoid at all about it. Until last week when a coworker tested positive. I had a sneezing fit a couple days later. My thinking was here we go. But that's all it was, a sneezing fit.
I never sneeze just once either. It's always at least a half dozen, often times it's more.

My wife has sneeze fits like that too rick, she always has as long as I’ve known her.
Never just one or two, I know of anyone else like that until you typed this-

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:26 PM

If and when the vaccine becomes readily available both of us (Kim and I) are unsure about taking it........I have the bad notion that at some point it will be forced upon us, not voluntarily but by some sort of law when this new administration takes over.......the tipping point has arrived and some how in the back of my mind I’ve seen it coming.......

I hope by God’s grace he will end this because I don’t think any of us can no matter how much precautions we take it will not be going away. If it was this easy for it to have hit us........just consider what’s to come.........these are just deep thoughts Im Sure a lot folks have considered but are afraid to admit ......
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
It's real and should be taken seriously. Not stop life all around you for a month seriously, because we can't do that, but it needs to be taken seriously. Wear a mask when in public because it's just not that bog of a deal and will help slow the spread. and if it saves 1 life then it's worth it. I don't want that blood on my hands. Speaking of hands, wash them freqeuntly. Use hand sanitizer. Why not? Can't hurt. Finally, if you have any symptoms, stay home and avoid contact. Those who are high risk, need to be extra cautious and just avoid crowds. For example, we have a dear friend who lives down the street, she is very high risk. We have avoided contact with her physically and observed social distancing. It's really all we can do. But life goes on and we have to live. Life can't stop. We have to find balance. Carry on, Be a man, live life and be kind.

If it saves one life? Really? What happened to you? Is this life really that grand you can't meet your maker? When they brought the crippled man to Jesus and he told them "Your sins are forgiven" many balked thinking.... Well what good did that do?

I better just stop the rant right here before I say what I really want. wink
Posted By: Allison1

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:33 PM

At my house we all have allergies. Funny thing is when my wife has it I am fine. As she starts getting better mine starts up.
Back last fall I started getting it. Like usual sneezing and runny nose followed by drainage that gives me a throat infection causing me to cough. That takes a month or more to go away.
It happens with such regularity that I did not consider it to be Covid. But you never know, right? The worst part was at work with it. Every time you'd cough people would step away and I would explain my ills to them.

I did find that wearing a face mask all the time worked pretty good against allergies. Now that my allergies have gotten better I still look for a face mask whenever I feel a sneeze coming on.

By summer this will all be gone. My hope.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:43 PM

If and when the vaccine becomes readily available both of us (Kim and I) are unsure about taking it........I have the bad notion that at some point it will be forced upon us, not voluntarily but by some sort of law when this new administration takes over.......the tipping point has arrived and some how in the back of my mind I’ve seen it coming.......

I hope by God’s grace he will end this because I don’t think any of us can no matter how much precautions we take it will not be going away. If it was this easy for it to have hit us........just consider what’s to come.........these are just deep thoughts Im Sure a lot folks have considered but are afraid to admit ......

They will find a way to slip it into your water supply like they did with the fluoride.......
Posted By: Allison1

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

If it saves one life? Really? What happened to you? Is this life really that grand you can't meet your maker? When they brought the crippled man to Jesus and he told them "Your sins are forgiven" many balked thinking.... Well what good did that do?

I think he may be saying the personal decision each person makes might save a life by wearing a face mask.
Life really is grand IMO. Getting older now I don't fear death like I did as a youngster but I do value life as we all should. I don't want to give it to anyone. I don't want to get it. I want to live as long as God wants me to.

My older sister lives with us. Every time I go out I think what my mother would think if she was alive and knew Sharon or anyone else got Covid from me because I ignored the risk. Maybe you are right but its a decision each person makes.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
They will find a way to slip it into your water supply like they did with the fluoride.......

Here we go......

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 06:00 PM

Here we go......

I was being sarcastic, thus the ....... at the end of the sentence. Oh, wait, you have them there too. Never mind.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Every time I go out I think what my mother would think if she was alive and knew Sharon or anyone else got Covid from me because I ignored the risk.

This is in no way directed at you, it’s purely a reflection of what hit my brain when I read that sentence. It reminded me of a SNL Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy episode.

If a child asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if that child then asks, “Why is God crying?”, I think it’s even cuter to tell him, “Probably because of something you did."
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 06:08 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wf...507-ca6b29d4-ba9e-46fc-af84-65275b67862e
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
I'm cautious. Especially with the elderly. My dad is 83, Mom, Mom-n-law, and Paw-n- law all 78.

I stay clear of them.

My job has me in contact with 30+ employees, and several truck drivers each day. No telling where any of them have been in the last 3 days. So I take precautions. Not that I'm concerned about me, But I'm concerned of passing it to loved ones that check every box on the high risk chart.
I haven't seen my parents since fathers day, and it was another few months before that. Not worth the risk. Talk and text almost everyday. Just not the same. @ 53....I'd still love to hug my momma and tell I love her in person....

Best sensible post I’ve read yet about Covid because you mentioned concern about others. You can be a big bad arse no government is gonna tell me I have to wear a mask blah blah person or you can show concern for others and do as you just stated. Don’t be selfish. Great post Ugly!!!

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 07:05 PM

Here we go......

I was being sarcastic, thus the ....... at the end of the sentence. Oh, wait, you have them there too. Never mind.

Okay then, that was pretty funny. I think I miss a lot of sarcasm after I've pigeon holed some of you. wink
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 07:24 PM

Is all of us wearing a mask worth it if it just saves one life? Probably not. Is me wearing a mask worth it if it just saves on life? Yes, no brainer for me. In the words of reverend Chesney, everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to go now.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 07:46 PM

it depends on if you’re a professional athlete.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 08:11 PM

when my kids were 2-7 years old , it seemed like we all caught their cold/flu's about 4-5 times a year . I hated it , knowing that my wife and I would always catch whatever my kids brought home from school added to our anxiety .
Today , my grandson is almost 4 . My wife is his daycare . When he was around 2 , same thing , everytime he caught something , we would get it . I decided to research methods that could help stop colds/viruses from spreading to us and within us .( think old school homeopathic medicine /research)
This was before COVID . My wife and I started steaming our sinuses , every morning and night using either sea salt or Eucalyptus oil in boiling water . 4 minutes , towel over our heads , hot as you can stand it , deep breathing in steam through our noses . We did this BEFORE we would see any symptoms . We started doing this about one year before COVID , and we are still doing it today .
Both of us haven't caught one cold from my grandson or my daughter ( both were sick 3 times , with bad headcolds before COVID ) . We still do this today because of COVID.
As a old engineering nerd , my theory as follows ------.
Viruses cant handle heat and PH changes . Viruses need time to propagate within your nasal cavities and grow/spread . It seemed like everytime I caught some one else's cold , it was 3 to 4 days after the initial exposure .
I actually look forward to the process , as a preventative against viruses --- and it seems to be working . It also calms the my mind to feel like I have an " extra" method to prevent sickness .
There are limitations doing this with kids , so we don't do it for my grandson . But when he gets old enough , we will have him do it every time he comes home from school .
Give it a try ---- see if it helps .

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 08:26 PM

Never fear, the government is here to help.

You vill not go outside after 10pm. Vee have control of you! You vill be shot on sight.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Icepick

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

You vill not go outside after 10pm. Vee have control of you! You vill be shot on sight.

[Linked Image]

Ohio?
I knew you were a yankee!
No one living in Texas whines as much as you.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Icepick

Ohio?

That is not whining. I was warning anyone in Ohio, or thinking of traveling to Ohio. Sounds like you would be fine with these restrictions. Of course.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:07 PM

[Linked Image]

Ohio?

I guess there are those who love the dictator mindset of certain elected officials, comes to mind: For love of Supreme commander Clay-J we bow our heads!!!!

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:43 PM

yes

[Linked Image]

Now we see what Pelosi looked like as an infant
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:53 PM

I am not paranoid....THEY are out to get me but I have fooled THEM for over 68 years...:)

I do however hope that the vaccine/vaccines are successful and that our country and the world can regain some semblance of normalcy this next year. I am lucky that I have not gotten sick even tho I am in that high risk category due to age but I am very healthy. My job does put me in contact with a lot of people out in the field but so far I've had no problems. But then again i haven't frequented restaurants, bars, etc. this last 8 months but I do miss having dinner and beers with friends. And any fishing gear I've needed comes from the brown truck guys...:)

I've already signed up with my PCP for when the vaccine's are available.....and he promised me NO chip...:)

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:56 PM

Ohio?

That is not whining. I was warning anyone in Ohio, or thinking of traveling to Ohio. Sounds like you would be fine with these restrictions. Of course.

You were warning folks in Ohio on the Texas fishing forum? You? Giving public service announcements? Lmao.
As for what I'm fine with, I'm fine with you staying home to avoid wearing 2 diapers; the one you normally wear and the one you put on your face.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 10:56 PM

yes

[Linked Image]

Now we see what Pelosi looked like as an infant

roflmao
Posted By: rj74955

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:06 PM

This pretty much tells me no one knows anymore about the Kung flu than they did in January. Mind you, this is the headquarters for the WHO.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...-outbreak-among-employees-in-geneva/amp/
Posted By: EN591

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:21 PM

I'm convinced it's almost impossible to stay away from this stuff. I've been work from home since March, always wear a facemask when out (Kroger/CVS), wash my hands all of the time, etc. We've been very careful but somehow i picked it up last week. Didn't go to bars, restaurants, large gatherings, or anything like that. It seems it can grab on to you pretty easy so no matter the precautions you take nothing is 100%.

Felt like I had a week long sinus infection and it turned out to be COVID. Lost my smell and taste last night but otherwise good other than the congestion/fatigue associated with it. I'll kick this soon....ready to be able to breathe again!

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:24 PM

Juat talked to my counter part. He sounds bad. Can't carry on a conversation. 105* degree fever until yesterday. 5 hour wait at the ER. No good.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:26 PM

Ohio?

You were warning folks in Ohio on the Texas fishing forum? You? Giving public service announcements? Lmao.
As for what I'm fine with, I'm fine with you staying home to avoid wearing 2 diapers; the one you normally wear and the one you put on your face.

Rick S. who is a long time member on here lives in ohio as do a few other members.

just sayin. grin
Posted By: JackMason

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Juat talked to my counter part. He sounds bad. Can't carry on a conversation. 105* degree fever until yesterday. 5 hour wait at the ER. No good.

Oh man! 105 is high!!! I had 103 one time and felt like I was going to die. Hope he gets well quickly.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:29 PM

[Linked Image]

Ohio?

you just went from zima to stella artois, I'm bummin now.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

[Linked Image]

Ohio?

you just went from zima to stella artois, I'm bummin now.

roflmao

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto

Oh man! 105 is high!!! I had 103 one time and felt like I was going to die. Hope he gets well quickly.

He sounded like poop on the phone. Sid he was feeling better though.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:39 PM

Ohio?

Ahhh...the intolerance of the tolerant left. Perfect. You really interested in my diapers is a bit weird though.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:44 PM

Ahhh...the intolerance of the tolerant left. Perfect. You really interested in my diapers is a bit weird though.

I'm interested in when or whether you'll emerge from that alternate reality bubble you live in. Those of us who are normal everyday Americans living in the real world worry about you conspiracy theory guys who are triggered. I really hope you find your way out of the rabbit hole you went down.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:48 PM

I'm interested in when or whether you'll emerge from that alternate reality bubble you live in. Those of us who are normal everyday Americans living in the real world worry about you conspiracy theory guys who are triggered. I really hope you find your way out of the rabbit hole you went down.

No bubble for me, bubble boy. You liberals seem to be the ones triggered and as usual you struck first. So you can dish it but not take it. You must be running low on Xanax or one of your other mind altering drugs.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Far out maaaaan

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:55 PM

[Linked Image]

Far out maaaaan

Posted By: John175☮

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/17/20 11:58 PM

Every day of your life you run the risk of dying.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/18/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Every day of your life you run the risk of dying.

2 oncologists and my primary care told me 5.5 yrs. or so ago that I had about 2.5 yrs. till the right side of my heart quit on me.

this was after a chem and physical stress test (them knowing I have 2 stents from the last one) one of ea.
I am about 3 yrs into borrowed time, "life is a carnival, give it your best shot".

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/18/20 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
[Linked Image]

Far out maaaaan

That was a great fliq roflmao

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/18/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by EN591
I'm convinced it's almost impossible to stay away from this stuff. I've been work from home since March, always wear a facemask when out (Kroger/CVS), wash my hands all of the time, etc. We've been very careful but somehow i picked it up last week. Didn't go to bars, restaurants, large gatherings, or anything like that. It seems it can grab on to you pretty easy so no matter the precautions you take nothing is 100%.

Felt like I had a week long sinus infection and it turned out to be COVID. Lost my smell and taste last night but otherwise good other than the congestion/fatigue associated with it. I'll kick this soon....ready to be able to breathe again!

That is the main problem that some can't seem to understand. You can take every precaution in the world (wearing an approved mask, maintaining social distancing, etc), but if you have to go to the grocery store to get food, and there is 1 person in that store that is NOT wearing a mask that has COVID but asymptomatic, you can end up getting it. The moisture droplets that they put out, even from breathing can linger in the air in the aisle for several minutes. You walk through at a "safe" distance behind them and you have been exposed. They think you can even get it through your eye ducts.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/18/20 01:54 AM

That is the main problem that some can't seem to understand. You can take every precaution in the world (wearing an approved mask, maintaining social distancing, etc), but if you have to go to the grocery store to get food, and there is 1 person in that store that is NOT wearing a mask that has COVID but asymptomatic, you can end up getting it. The moisture droplets that they put out, even from breathing can linger in the air in the aisle for several minutes. You walk through at a "safe" distance behind them and you have been exposed. They think you can even get it through your eye ducts.
No, they know it can get in to your system through the eyes...That's why the advise you to wear a face shield when working closely with people...

At work, I wear an N95 mask with a 3 ply mask over that....then I wear a face shield....and there is another shield between my client's head and me when I'm working on their neck and shoulders....I'm taking every precaution I can and pray I don't get it. I don't want to end up bringing to my mom, my clients, etc.

Re: The paranoia that surrounds All of us - 11/18/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

No, they know it can get in to your system through the eyes...That's why the advise you to wear a face shield when working closely with people...

At work, I wear an N95 mask with a 3 ply mask over that....then I wear a face shield....and there is another shield between my client's head and me when I'm working on their neck and shoulders....I'm taking every precaution I can and pray I don't get it. I don't want to end up bringing to my mom, my clients, etc.

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum