Texas Fishing Forum

Posted By: Kicker16

2021 - 11/15/20 02:27 AM

Who thinks it's going to be a continuing turd show?
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:35 AM

I believe it will be twice the 💩 of 2020, we haven’t really seen anything yet. . . . . . . .
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:40 AM

I think all you people focusing on the negative should go crawl in a hole somewhere.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:46 AM

Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:46 AM

No. I have hope that the vaccine will work, it'll be distributed quickly...and we'll be able to get back to our normal lives...
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
No. I have hope that the vaccine will work, it'll be distributed quickly...and we'll be able to get back to our normal lives...

I don't know a single person who is going to take it
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills

I will
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 03:05 AM

I will too - I might have already had it, as I am participating in a Pfizer vaccine test.

Time will tell . . . .

God Bless America ! flag !
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 03:41 AM

I’m usually a glass half full kind of guy, but my fingers are still crossed it’s better.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
I will too - I might have already had it, as I am participating in a Pfizer vaccine test.

Time will tell . . . .

God Bless America ! flag !

My wife and daughter had it and they did an awesome job keeping it from me so far. I got all the underlying issues plus and issue where my immune system appears to be attacking the lining of my eye. SO , i started taking immuno suppressive drug on 10/1. It is one of the drugs they give people that have had an organ transplant so the body does not reject the new organ. , yea , I suck
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 03:54 AM

Scared that the economy will hit the dumpster, several more housing items are going up substantially, along with lumber....it will have to take its toll.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kentucky

I will

I will. My mom, sisters, brothers-in-law all will, plus several of my clients will. If it was Moderna's vaccine, I would not.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 10:26 AM

what better way to implant rfid chips in people than to create an intl. pandemic.

just a thought. grin
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:32 AM

I will

I will. My mom, sisters, brothers-in-law all will, plus several of my clients will. If it was Moderna's vaccine, I would not.

So will I, and most, if not all, of the "olds" (I really hate that term) in my circle of friends will too.
Posted By: Space

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 12:33 PM

More of the same.
Posted By: Jman

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 01:28 PM

The liberal democratic leaders have seen the power and the ability to control and dictate people’s lives and all types of other ways we go about our business, including conducting elections.

They’ve seen the light - there is no more normal.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 01:41 PM

Successful vaccine implementation will go a long way toward returning some normalcy to our country in 2021.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
what better way to implant rfid chips in people than to create an intl. pandemic.

just a thought. grin

As long as your carrying that phone nobody needs to put a chip in You!!!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 01:50 PM

Hate to say it, but I see the divide in this nation growing.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman
Originally Posted by hopalong

just a thought. grin

As long as your carrying that phone nobody needs to put a chip in You!!!

The small chips they implant dogs and cats are not tracking they are simply passive read only chips that show a number when read with a scanner.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jman

The liberal democratic leaders have seen the power and the ability to control and dictate people’s lives and all types of other ways we go about our business, including conducting elections.

By all reports, the election was the most issue-free one ever. To my knowledge, neither Dems or Reps conduct elections.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime

By all reports, the election was the most issue-free one ever. To my knowledge, neither Dems or Reps conduct elections.

To be a former school marm you post some ignorant things many times-
Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 04:27 PM

Ridiculous statement and absurd reporting from liberal media!! Anyone dumb enough to believe massive mail in voting resulted in issue and fraud free election should be put in a straight jacket. Libs just choose to believe what they want to believe but news reporters claiming most secure election is history is pure horse dukey!
Posted By: Jman

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:07 PM

Ridiculous statement indeed. Every new congress passes bills upon convening. When the democratically controlled congress convened in 2018 and Nancypants took control of the house, what was the first bill they passed, HR1? Why is H.R. 1 such an important legislative vehicle? Bill number 1 is usually reserved for the top legislative priority of the party in control of that chamber ... was it healthcare reform, tax reform, small business aid, immigration reform? NOPE, it was election reform touted as "revitalizing American democracy", "anti corruption", "election integrity" barf

What it really was was to water down election laws and expand access to ballots.

Some democratically controlled state legislators also decided to send thousands of ballots to anyone who wanted them whether they requested them or not, whether they were actually registered to vote or not, whether there was any control measures or not, whether signatures mattered or not, whether they were received prior to Election Day or not or even 9 days after.

So yea, they do have an influence on how to conduct elections. And yea, they knew exactly what they were doing when the state legislatures threw laws and commons sense out the window under the smokescreen of Covid to conduct their elections because they knew there was no other way their candidate could win. And Nancy was smart enough to ensure that back in 2018-2019 regardless of the candidate.

So you are either ignorant of facts, have no common sense or have blind loyalty.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
I’m usually a glass half full kind of guy, but my fingers are still crossed it’s better.

+1
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:32 PM

Our legislators have long since stopped listening to we the people. Yet they somehow keep getting re-elected. I'm real tired of all the BS being thrown around about cheating, etc. PROVE IT.....allegations are one thing, hard proof is another. I haven't seen that yet. Were mistakes made? Probably it happens every election but I would submit that the majority of the officials conducting our elections are fair and honest. For there to be this nation wide cheat/steal of this election is ludicrous....we cant' even agree to cooperate on something as simple as wearing a mask or not. And people think the mysterious "they" could pull off an election scam?? Maybe in a movie but in real life many people have a hard time keeping a secret and this would be a secret of enormous magnitude and somebody somewhere would slip up.

When there is a vaccine released I will certainly look at getting it. I'm not worried about being secretly "chipped" or anything else by getting it. I'm an "olds" and ain't worried about no stinking chip...I have tinfoil...:)

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Techfisher
Our legislators have long since stopped listening to we the people. Yet they somehow keep getting re-elected. I'm real tired of all the BS being thrown around about cheating, etc. PROVE IT.....allegations are one thing, hard proof is another. I haven't seen that yet. Were mistakes made? Probably it happens every election but I would submit that the majority of the officials conducting our elections are fair and honest. For there to be this nation wide cheat/steal of this election is ludicrous....we cant' even agree to cooperate on something as simple as wearing a mask or not. And people think the mysterious "they" could pull off an election scam?? Maybe in a movie but in real life many people have a hard time keeping a secret and this would be a secret of enormous magnitude and somebody somewhere would slip up.

When there is a vaccine released I will certainly look at getting it. I'm not worried about being secretly "chipped" or anything else by getting it. I'm an "olds" and ain't worried about no stinking chip...I have tinfoil...:)

Another “prove it or get over it” type of post-
I’m curious, were you this upset with the last 4 years of investigations and baseless accusations?
Or is it just now-
Posted By: silvers

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:39 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:41 PM

The leaders in this country will destroy it, all for power and blame the other side! Who you align yourself with, will either destroy or build this country!
Posted By: RATZ

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 05:53 PM

I will

I will
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 06:29 PM

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 06:29 PM

Gonna have faith and hope its a better year than 2020 but will do our best to get through it if not as best we can. I am staying with a positive outlook. Life keeps moving on and I don't have any quit in me.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 07:45 PM

Ridiculous statement indeed. Every new congress passes bills upon convening. When the democratically controlled congress convened in 2018 and Nancypants took control of the house, what was the first bill they passed, HR1? Why is H.R. 1 such an important legislative vehicle? Bill number 1 is usually reserved for the top legislative priority of the party in control of that chamber ... was it healthcare reform, tax reform, small business aid, immigration reform? NOPE, it was election reform touted as "revitalizing American democracy", "anti corruption", "election integrity" barf

What it really was was to water down election laws and expand access to ballots.

Some democratically controlled state legislators also decided to send thousands of ballots to anyone who wanted them whether they requested them or not, whether they were actually registered to vote or not, whether there was any control measures or not, whether signatures mattered or not, whether they were received prior to Election Day or not or even 9 days after.

So yea, they do have an influence on how to conduct elections. And yea, they knew exactly what they were doing when the state legislatures threw laws and commons sense out the window under the smokescreen of Covid to conduct their elections because they knew there was no other way their candidate could win. And Nancy was smart enough to ensure that back in 2018-2019 regardless of the candidate.

So you are either ignorant of facts, have no common sense or have blind loyalty.

Both can be perceived to attempt to influence elections through gerrymandering, voter suppression tactics, et. Dems or Reps do not conduct elections. I'll let you look in the mirror on your last statement since you are so personally involved.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 07:51 PM

The Lord Jesus Christ will take care of me just like he has done in past years. angel2
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
The Lord Jesus Christ will take care of me just like he has done in past years. angel2

Amen and Amen. HE knows what we need before we ask Him. I may not receive what I want but, my needs have always been met!
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by kennerdude
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Amen and Amen. HE knows what we need before we ask Him. I may not receive what I want but, my needs have always been met!

AMEN

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 08:38 PM

Fauci said today on CNN that the vaccine will only be 90% effective, and no one will know whether it’s effective for them or not, so masks and social distancing will still be needed.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/15/social-distancing-masks-necessary-after-getting-vaccine-fauci/

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 08:49 PM

If it is 90% effective and cases and hospitalizations get back to a flu-like scenario, I hope we can get back to normal. Till then, we will have to remain vigilant until it's proven it works long term. I'm assuming a booster will be necessary like the current flu shot.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 08:52 PM

Fauci needs to go away. His 15 minutes are up.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:10 PM

I’ll survive one way or another . I’ve been itching to go live off the grid anyways 🤪

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Fauci needs to go away. His 15 minutes are up.

Fauci's not going away. Just the opposite most likely.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:11 PM

I have had cancer and west nile. The west nile was worse than the cancer.If I catch covid and die that's ok. I don't really give a sheet.
And as far as 2021. we will see what happens...

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:24 PM

I don’t live in fear of anything-
I do wear shoes/shirt/mask where where I am supposed to-
When the vaccine is available I will take it-
I get a flu shot every year knowing it’s not 100%, I just want to decrease my chances of getting the flu, I only hope the same for this China krud that the libs and never trumpers have secretly and sometimes not secretly been happy about.

Posted By: avid_basser

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:26 PM

I will...and then I'll get deathly sick...my luck

AHAHAHHAAHAH

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:33 PM

If it is 90% effective and cases and hospitalizations get back to a flu-like scenario, I hope we can get back to normal. Till then, we will have to remain vigilant until it's proven it works long term. I'm assuming a booster will be necessary like the current flu shot.

The current flu shot isn’t a booster, is it? Each year, a different flu shot is developed to target the three strains of flu they expect to be an issue. This means you have to get a new vaccine every year. A vaccine booster is the tetanus shot, which is recommended every ten years, thought.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam
I get a flu shot every year knowing it’s not 100%, I just want to decrease my chances of getting the flu, I only hope the same for this China krud that the libs and never trumpers have secretly and sometimes not secretly been happy about.

The Trumpers are the ones who seem to be happy, refuse to wear a mask, and still don't realize the dude lost. China crud helped bring down their great leader, and they'll be crying in their Keystone beer for four years. That's why I switched to Busch.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 09:43 PM

The Trumpers are the ones who seem to be happy, refuse to wear a mask, and still don't realize the dude lost. China crud helped bring down their great leader, and they'll be crying in their Keystone beer for four years. That's why I switched to Busch.

This is me NOT insulting you again, but please pick whatever has insulted you in the past and replay that over and over every time you realize that the crooked libs had to change rules and cheat for a CHANCE to beat someone I believe has higher moral values than you do.
And as of yet he is certified only in the small minds of libs, as it hasn’t legally happened yet-

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 10:08 PM

The current flu shot isn’t a booster, is it? Each year, a different flu shot is developed to target the three strains of flu they expect to be an issue. This means you have to get a new vaccine every year. A vaccine booster is the tetanus shot, which is recommended every ten years, thought.

Tetanus is every 5 years for adults...or at least that's what the doctor told me the last time I had to have one...

The flu shot is anywhere from 28% to 49% effective, depending on the year....this is 90% effective....the MMR is 93% effective against measles and 88% against mumps. 90% means life will get back to normal and Fauci can go away.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:05 PM

Tetanus is every 5 years for adults...or at least that's what the doctor told me the last time I had to have one...

The flu shot is anywhere from 28% to 49% effective, depending on the year....this is 90% effective....the MMR is 93% effective against measles and 88% against mumps. 90% means life will get back to normal and Fauci can go away.

Right, but a tetanus booster is the same vaccine every time, right? A flu shot is a different vaccine and only lasts one flu season, if they even get it right any given year. That’s what I’m trying to clarify. Five years vs 10 years isn’t the question I have. It’s that the flu shot isn’t a booster. It’s a new vaccine every year. The tetanus shot is a booster.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:14 PM

The libs are the ones who attack people, riot, burn, loot and murder, attack free speech , want to defund police, was ok with kids in cages when obama did it and have to cheat to win and want higher taxes.Libs want the new green deal and socialism.
Posted By: silvers

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:15 PM

I think everyone is missing the point, get ready for government to get in all your business, just saying
Posted By: Icepick

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
I think all you people focusing on the negative should go crawl in a hole somewhere.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:41 PM

Right, but a tetanus booster is the same vaccine every time, right? A flu shot is a different vaccine and only lasts one flu season, if they even get it right any given year. That’s what I’m trying to clarify. Five years vs 10 years isn’t the question I have. It’s that the flu shot isn’t a booster. It’s a new vaccine every year. The tetanus shot is a booster.
Yes, but no....the flu vaccine is formulated to what strains of influenza they think will be out and about that year...so, it's not a booster, but it's sorta the same vaccine as there are only so many strains of influenza. So I'm not sure what you'd call it, other than a cash cow for pharmaceutical companies.

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:42 PM

Kinda like rabies. There isn't 1000 strains of rabies out there, but we still give the dogs a shot every year, or 3, depending on which vaccine you give them....

Re: 2021 - 11/15/20 11:45 PM

Plus, I think the fact the flu vaccine isn't really effective (less than 50% in any given year) makes it very different from this one....90% means 90% of the people given the 2 shots should not get the virus. It should control it.

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 12:39 AM

Kinda like rabies. There isn't 1000 strains of rabies out there, but we still give the dogs a shot every year, or 3, depending on which vaccine you give them....

cheers

I think that’s a booster. The flu shot is not, because it doesn’t cover all strains of the flu forever (and dog vaccines are different, because dog metabolisms are vastly different from ours).

I’m being semantic and I apologize. This is just how my brain works, but it doesn’t matter to the larger conversation.

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 12:47 AM

cheers

I think that’s a booster. The flu shot is not, because it doesn’t cover all strains of the flu forever (and dog vaccines are different, because dog metabolisms are vastly different from ours).

I’m being semantic and I apologize. This is just how my brain works, but it doesn’t matter to the larger conversation.

It's funny. I've read where you really shouldn't have to give your dog a rabies shot every year, because they should be covered once they've received their shots as pups...but I've also read where the one year vaccine may only be good for up to 3 years...I get it for my dogs regardless and they are over 15 years old, but it is interesting...is it a booster that is necessary, or is it something the vets and pharmaceuticals want to make money on? I'm not gonna risk it, but I am less trusting than I used to be.

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 12:57 AM

cheers

It's funny. I've read where you really shouldn't have to give your dog a rabies shot every year, because they should be covered once they've received their shots as pups...but I've also read where the one year vaccine may only be good for up to 3 years...I get it for my dogs regardless and they are over 15 years old, but it is interesting...is it a booster that is necessary, or is it something the vets and pharmaceuticals want to make money on? I'm not gonna risk it, but I am less trusting than I used to be.

Oh lord. I’m not going to risk it either, but I could definitely see it being a money grab by veterinarians. Same goes for heart worm preventative. Surely there’s a way to prevent it for a lifetime without a monthly or annual preventative, but there’s no willingness to, because every dog has to get tested and prescribed hundreds of dollars worth of meds for it.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 01:03 AM

I think the Covid vaccine will be a good time and move the Country forward.

Masks will probably be mandated by the new Administration, but again if that's what it takes to get past the Virus (to me) that's not a big deal either.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 03:17 AM

Well steveiam I really haven't paid much attention to the last 4 years of non-stop political posturing by either party. I pretty much ignore the sh** show that comes out of Washington. As long as we have a divided govt. I'm not overly concerned about any game changing legislation being passed, ie. court stacking, dumping the aca, you name it. If we're lucky the geriatrics in congress might pass a bill to help those folks who need it, i.e. the unemployed, etc. But given the statements from both sides of the aisle I suspect it will too little and too late for many people.

So in 2021 I'll just keep getting ready to retire, show up at work and do my job, fish when it's nice, ignore the nut jobs out in the world with their conspiracy's, and make sure my garage frig has cold adult beverages in it...:)

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Techfisher
Well steveiam I really haven't paid much attention to the last 4 years of non-stop political posturing by either party. I pretty much ignore the sh** show that comes out of Washington. As long as we have a divided govt. I'm not overly concerned about any game changing legislation being passed, ie. court stacking, dumping the aca, you name it. If we're lucky the geriatrics in congress might pass a bill to help those folks who need it, i.e. the unemployed, etc. But given the statements from both sides of the aisle I suspect it will too little and too late for many people.

So in 2021 I'll just keep getting ready to retire, show up at work and do my job, fish when it's nice, ignore the nut jobs out in the world with their conspiracy's, and make sure my garage frig has cold adult beverages in it...:)

That’s about what I figured, carry on then, no surprise here-
Posted By: Allison1

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 04:48 AM

You would think that the same people that want to keep the country open would jump at anything that would get us to herd immunity and slow the spread to a point where its not an important factor anymore.

This thread just shows how many who want to stay open also want to ignore the cure.

I will take the vaccine when it becomes available. I am an old so I should be allowed to get it fairly early on after the front line workers all get it.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 05:41 AM

[censored] that....
Posted By: Davedave

Re: 2021 - 11/16/20 02:29 PM

This may help.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/infected-again-endless-covid-reinfection-111951727.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum