Texas Fishing Forum

Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China

Posted By: Spiderman

Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 03:05 AM

Kind of ironic for a Company that started in California.

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/largest-us-chinese-restaurant-chain-panda-express-enters-china
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 03:09 AM

Will likely be as successful as Taco Bell in Mexico
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 03:20 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is correct about that
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Will likely be as successful as Taco Bell in Mexico

thumb
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

Cal is just a few nuts away from being a China clone
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1

Cal is just a few nuts away from being a China clone

You give californicate to much credit.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:03 PM

Isn’t this like bringing sand to the beach?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:11 PM

I dont care for panda express
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:14 PM

Perfect match as they both suck.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:40 PM

Last time I was in Beijing China, at the airport waiting for my next flight. I went to Pizza Hut, they had snails on the menu. I ordered them, they were actually ok to eat.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:43 PM

I know a girl from China, she told me we don’t eat the stuff y’all call Chinese food.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
I know a girl from China, she told me we don’t eat the stuff y’all call Chinese food.

I won't eat bats or most of the stuff they call food
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

I won't eat bats or most of the stuff they call food

Funny
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:08 PM

Its like having a McDonalds or Cracker Barrel in the US.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

No. No, it’s not.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:10 PM

In and Out of the Chinese food world.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:14 PM

Panda is ok in a pinch, have one about a half a mile from us. We pick up about once every couple of months

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave

No. No, it’s not.

Yes, yes it is. It is exactly like that.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:18 PM

No. No, it’s not.

No. The irony here is that Panda Express is a cheap American style of poorly done Chinese food. Now, they are going to China.

McDonald’s and Cracker Barrell are American originated companies selling American cuisine.

A more accurate comparison would be some Chinese company selling bad American food in China for years opening up a place here that sold burgers made from soy and seaweed and trying to pass it off as being authentic American food.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:29 PM

Five consumers have rated the restaurant since its opening, scoring it 3.57 out of 5, not high on public comment, per the report.

5 reviews? Well, that settles it!

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:31 PM

No. No, it’s not.

No. The irony here is that Panda Express is a cheap American style of poorly done Chinese food. Now, they are going to China.

McDonald’s and Cracker Barrell are American originated companies selling American cuisine.

A more accurate comparison would be some Chinese company selling bad American food in China for years opening up a place here that sold burgers made from soy and seaweed and trying to pass it off as being authentic American food.

D2 is correct

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:37 PM

Bad food is bad food.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:44 PM

McD's BEC biscuits and little cheeseburgers are the bomb.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 96speed
Five consumers have rated the restaurant since its opening, scoring it 3.57 out of 5, not high on public comment, per the report.

5 reviews? Well, that settles it!

Probably Americans seaking something not made from cats, bats, rats, or monkeys.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 02:08 PM

It's good enough.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
In and Out of the Chinese food world.

Yes, fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced.
Posted By: DI

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 04:20 PM

I thought Panda Express was a money laundering shell Corp, never known anyone that ate there. You guys are brave and really hungry
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 04:27 PM

Chinese Food = Chicken made 11 different ways
Posted By: Cast

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 04:30 PM

Every time we stop there I want it to be good. Every time we stop there it is not good.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 04:54 PM

Gruber:fishing::Panda Express:Chinese Food

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 05:12 PM

With all the money they make from the US on crappy products from China its a win to get some of their money back in the US for crappy American products.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 05:18 PM

Was never a fan of Panda Express. eeks
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 05:24 PM

They will have to change up the menu a bunch to sell in China.

Truth is, most of what is served inUS as Chinese food is not what Chinese eat. We are meat centric...they are not. In many of their dishes, meat is use more as a flavoring than the main dish.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by DI
I thought Panda Express was a money laundering shell Corp, never known anyone that ate there. You guys are brave and really hungry

It’s a private company. I don’t particularly care for the food, but am very familiar with Panda Express and know the Cherng (owners) family. The PE concept has made the Cherng’s billionaires. They are very smart business people!

In addition to healthy unit level economics and systemwide numbers, real estate holdings make up a huge chunk of their wealth. Back in the 80’s/90’s they made owning real estate part of their expansion strategy. Many of their units are operating in and/or on property owned by the Cherngs.

Lastly, they are great operators...run a very tight ship. While I don’t like the food, I can absolutely appreciate how well their restaurant units are run. My guess is that WAWI and anyone else who’s worked for an expanding restaurant know all too well how difficult expanding can be...let alone, expanding up to 2,000 restaurants.
Posted By: Bassnhog

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 06:52 PM

The worst chinese food I've ever eaten was in china.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by DI

It’s a private company. I don’t particularly care for the food, but am very familiar with Panda Express and know the Cherng (owners) family. The PE concept has made the Cherng’s billionaires. They are very smart business people!

In addition to healthy unit level economics and systemwide numbers, real estate holdings make up a huge chunk of their wealth. Back in the 80’s/90’s they made owning real estate part of their expansion strategy. Many of their units are operating in and/or on property owned by the Cherngs.

Lastly, they are great operators...run a very tight ship. While I don’t like the food, I can absolutely appreciate how well their restaurant units are run. My guess is that WAWI and anyone else who’s worked for an expanding restaurant know all too well how difficult expanding can be...let alone, expanding up to 2,000 restaurants.

Cherng? With an R? I bet that causes problems.
Posted By: DI

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by DI

McDonalds is actually known for shipping chemical weapons to rebels trying to over throw tyrannical governments. Your In depth comments on that would be appreciated.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by DI
Originally Posted by DI

McDonalds is actually known for shipping chemical weapons to rebels trying to over throw tyrannical governments. Your In depth comments on that would be appreciated.

So they send McRibs?

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Originally Posted by DI

So they send McRibs?

Absolutely not. However, McRibs have been fueling wars for millennia.

Originally Posted by Napoleon Bonaparte
An army marches on McRibs

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DI
Originally Posted by DI

Less sophisticated readers may interpret your post differently, but it hits me like you’re telling me to stfu. If so, I like it.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 09:21 PM

McDonalds exports imperialisms.
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog

Spot on. Example: Chinese Pepper Steak - they have no clue how to make it taste like anything but dishwater (and please don't ask how I know about dishwater taste as it will bring back flashbacks).
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 10:43 PM

Panda Express is one step above dog food.
How do you eff up chicken fried rice?
Went there 1 time....never again.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 10:54 PM

Agreed. Most of the food I have had there wasn't good. I guess you have to grow up eating it.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gusick
McDonalds exports imperialisms.

Thought it was Royales..... with cheese hmmm
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 11:36 PM

I think the Chinese will like it.
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

Agreed. Most of the food I have had there wasn't good. I guess you have to grow up eating it.

Possibly the reason the #1 dumpling in China is made by General Mills . . . Wanchai Ferry -- we are on the road to conquering them.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/18/20 11:52 PM

They love American Fast Food in China.

KFC is the most popular fast food in China, and Mac Donalds is very popular as well.

For me I can't stand China and the way the country is ran, it's a very communist country where the people have no rights. Hong Kong is still free, but I suspect after a few more years China will make them fall in line.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Originally Posted by DI

So they send McRibs?

Absolutely not. However, McRibs have been fueling wars for millennia.

With toilets, maybe.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 12:01 AM

What exactly do you think eau de toilette means in English, smart guy? It means Mc freaking Rib.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

They love American Fast Food in China.

KFC is the most popular fast food in China, and Mac Donalds is very popular as well.

For me I can't stand China and the way the country is ran, it's a very communist country where the people have no rights. Hong Kong is still free, but I suspect after a few more years China will make them fall in line.

KFC is (or was) #2, behind Mac Donald’s, in the world...mostly due to how much of the world eats chicken.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 12:18 AM

KFC dominates Southeast Asia

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
What exactly do you think eau de toilette means in English, smart guy? It means Mc freaking Rib.

roflmao
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
KFC dominates Southeast Asia

Panama as well.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:25 AM

Add Costa Rica also.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Gruber:fishing::Panda Express:Chinese Food

You need to apologize for this. It is inconsiderate and cast a negative likeness upon Panda Express.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:36 AM

I see this Gruber is causing a stir in bass section, I don't go up there much as most up there dont know what they speak of.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I see this Gruber is causing a stir in bass section, I don't go up there much as most up there dont know what they speak of.

That’s as bad as the bunker. They’re arguing about whether dogs have eyelids.

You have got to be really desperate to want to argue, to argue about that.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:52 AM

Have you ever had a dog?
Asking for a friend....
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 01:52 AM

He should go by MacGruber.

Re: Panda Express opens 1st restaurant in China - 10/19/20 02:39 AM

I think I’ve been clear on my stance regarding dogs and their eyelids. I’ll not tolerate dog eyelid slander.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum