Texas Fishing Forum

My new side hustle...

Posted By: Dave-0

My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:27 PM

Or, my new ride. Just bought some land in Johnson county. Needed some help with the chores and have plenty of projects at work too. Here comes a lifetime of adventures! So if y'all need a little tractor work or trenches dug...

grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dafanman

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:29 PM

Congrats sir thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:30 PM

Sweet!!
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:31 PM

coolphotos
Posted By: flee fly

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:36 PM

Great set up

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:38 PM

Still waiting on my grapple and post hole digger. After a LOT of research, I went with a Kioti. Just a better stronger tractor than the others, especially for the price.
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:38 PM

WTG Dave cheers
Posted By: Cast

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:44 PM

Gonna get a shredder? You shoulda bought my 4720.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:44 PM

cool, does she think it's sexy?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:48 PM

Dang, that looks like a lot of fun. Congrats!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
Still waiting on my grapple and post hole digger. After a LOT of research, I went with a Kioti. Just a better stronger tractor than the others, especially for the price.

I bought one of their tiller attachments for tilling my garden and have had it for about 17 years and it's been bullet proof.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:51 PM

What specifics did your research reveal that made the Kioti a better tractor?

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cast

So far I have a box blade, brush hog, finish mower and pallet forks. Ordered the Everything Attachments grapple and post hole digger. Got lots of brush to clear. Looks like there will be a nice bonfire when it get a little colder.

Although I just sold my house, I could put this on a 0% interest deal they had going. Figured I would put the final sale price in an interest bearing account and have the payments pulled from there, earn a little money on it.

Either way, I am SO ready to work! Next up, going to have to get an IBC tote for some tree work.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DI

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:59 PM

Thats a serious rig.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 02:59 PM

It would be a lot cooler if you would paint it like this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:02 PM

i need work done at my Mothers
Lake Arlington

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73

What specifics did your research reveal that made the Kioti a better tractor?

FEL capacity, hydraulic pump capacity and oddly enough, where the fuel tank is. I've talked to a few people about things and Deere equipment is nowhere near the quality equipment it used to be. Kubota didnt have the lift and pump capacities I was looking for, for size tractor I was looking at. Not bashing either of the companies, just didnt see the bang for the buck compared to the Kioti.

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
It would be a lot cooler if you would paint it like this.

[Linked Image]

Seriously thinking of getting the General Lee stickers for it. She would look good with the "01" on the side of her. grin
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:11 PM

I'd like to get pallet forks for my tractor. I'd like to have disc and stump grinder too.

Only implements I have, box blade, 6 foots shreader and 6 foots straight blade. Never used my straight blade but will here pretty soon on my driveway at the lake place.

Box blade is really handy. Box blades work good for many things. Good for small food plots, drop the tines, put her in low and get after it. Throw some seeds out and hit it again and go home.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:12 PM

Just remember any time you dig call 811
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cast

So far I have a box blade, brush hog, finish mower and pallet forks. Ordered the Everything Attachments grapple and post hole digger. Got lots of brush to clear. Looks like there will be a nice bonfire when it get a little colder.

Although I just sold my house, I could put this on a 0% interest deal they had going. Figured I would put the final sale price in an interest bearing account and have the payments pulled from there, earn a little money on it.

Either way, I am SO ready to work! Next up, going to have to get an IBC tote for some tree work.

[Linked Image]

Those make great fish attractors!!!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 03:22 PM

Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 04:00 PM

Wow, that's nice. Congrats! Looks like they're trying to imitate Kubota. That's what I thought it was at first. I need one of those....

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Wow, that's nice. Congrats! Looks like they're trying to imitate Kubota. That's what I thought it was at first. I need one of those....

Many many years ago, Kioti was building parts for Kubota and I think the Kioti engineers decided to make their own tractor company and ripped off designs and such from Kubota, including the color scheme.

A little history between the two...
Orange tractors...
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 09:53 PM

Good looking tractor ya got there. Which model is it?
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 11:02 PM

clap
Posted By: T Bird

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/15/20 11:47 PM

That machine will get it done! thumb
Posted By: the skipper

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/16/20 12:18 AM

I've been looking at getting a 3510se. Did you get the whole package with the trailer?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/16/20 12:21 AM

Awesome set up brother! cheers
Posted By: pop r

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/16/20 12:36 AM

thumb Very nice!

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/16/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

2610 HST. GOT THE 24.5 HORSE SO I dont have to deal with the emissions crapola.

Originally Posted by the skipper
I've been looking at getting a 3510se. Did you get the whole package with the trailer?

No sir. I had a certain trailer company that I was wanting, waited 10 weeks for a trailer because he couldnt get tires or axles because of Covid. Even the Kubota dealer said he was 35 trailers behind, because he couldnt get them. And if you're interested in doing that, just remember they are going to give you the cheapest trailer they can find and it probably wont even have brakes.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: My new side hustle... - 10/16/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

2610 HST. GOT THE 24.5 HORSE SO I dont have to deal with the emissions crapola.

Originally Posted by the skipper

No sir. I had a certain trailer company that I was wanting, waited 10 weeks for a trailer because he couldnt get tires or axles because of Covid. Even the Kubota dealer said he was 35 trailers behind, because he couldnt get them. And if you're interested in doing that, just remember they are going to give you the cheapest trailer they can find and it probably wont even have brakes.

I havent decided on the trailer package yet for the same reason you got your own. You got the new tires too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum