Texas Fishing Forum

Skid Steer Rates?

Posted By: Jman

Skid Steer Rates? - 09/20/20 08:28 PM

What are you seeing for rates for track loader (skid steer) rates - like Bobcats? Not considering implements - we will be multiple implements at different times.

I've ventured into the world of track loader ownership and have two developers I'm bidding work for. I want to understand the market better but want to make sure we cover our costs and make money.

And I'll be the one doing the work initially - and I ain't cheap.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/20/20 11:14 PM

You talking rental? I paid around 250 for 8 hours runtime,just a bucket bobcat with tires
Posted By: glenls

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 12:01 AM

$300 bucks a day plus operator. Figure out what you want per hour labor.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 12:05 AM

Our standard daily rate (not as a stand alone rate, but baked in to an MTO as part of an install) is right at $500/ day, operator is figured at his labor rate per day. From there, we tack on OH/P at the end of the MTO.

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 12:34 AM

Thank you Glen. That would be great to get el coyote. I was thinking $125/hr, plus mobilization, with a minimum. I’m cool with that. This helps.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 12:42 AM

i thought $285 a day
plus operator
plus 20%

i think that is fair to everybody

dont leave out delivery fees
Posted By: glenls

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jman
Thank you Glen. That would be great to get el coyote. I was thinking $125/hr, plus mobilization, with a minimum. I’m cool with that. This helps.

Yeah this is my 773G bought new years ago and running tracks at the ranchito. Still have it but don't need the tracks here. It's been a good one. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 12:26 PM

I normally get $1250/day with operator and 2 laborer for finish work, $1500 if you include dump trailer with removal/disposal fee. This is a small 5575 Skid Steer that I can easily get into backyards.

I would suggest getting a track over tires.

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Roller22
I normally get $1250/day with operator and 2 laborer for finish work, $1500 if you include dump trailer with removal/disposal fee. This is a small 5575 Skid Steer that I can easily get into backyards.

dang
thats a really nice rate
& you get 3 men
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 07:43 PM

Shouldn't have this come prior to ownership? Not trying to be a turd but how did you decide to invest without this information?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 08:22 PM

I guess things are different West of the big city. Out here a D6 Dozer brings $125-135/hr, with most having a 4 hr minimum. There is no operator charge, delivery, transportation or overtime charges. I would have thought a skid steer would be 2/3's that much.

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73
I guess things are different West of the big city. Out here a D6 Dozer brings $125-135/hr, with most having a 4 hr minimum. There is no operator charge, delivery, transportation or overtime charges. I would have thought a skid steer would be 2/3's that much.

we rented 1 last week for $700 for a day
with the operator
we supplied 2 ground men

i guess get what you can get
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 10:58 PM

That sounds about right Butch.

I have always heard it called “Hired Out” when the machine came with the operator, insurance and experience. When I hear “rent” I think of going to the local rental place and getting one for a day or two.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/21/20 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by Roller22

dang
thats a really nice rate
& you get 3 men

I try to remain fair. This is for working men who don't lean on shovels. I don't put up with that.

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/22/20 12:53 AM

I’ve got a new R Series 66. Heat, air, stereo, 5 link suspension, heated air ride seat for this ol man.

Hit me up if you need a dirt mover boys.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Skid Steer Rates? - 09/22/20 02:33 AM

A friend of mine gets 125.00 a hour . 4 hour minimum
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum