Van Der Resch

Posted By: butch sanders

Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 01:32 PM

following in the foot steps of his hero
sean lee

i wish i could make millions to sit in a doctors office
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 01:42 PM

I dont blame Sean lee, I blame the morons that continue to keep him on roster.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 01:44 PM

Think his career might over
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 01:58 PM

The Cowboys got jobbed when they drafted Vander Esch

Both he and his agent deliberately lied to the team concerning a neck condition he developed when he was in college. He was damaged goods the day he was drafted and hid it from the team
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 02:08 PM

Really cannot criticize a guy for a broken bone, he had a neck issue not collar bone.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 05:39 PM

I like LVE

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 06:48 PM

He will likely miss 8 weeks, the way Jaylon played they are in deep doodoo
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Really cannot criticize a guy for a broken bone, he had a neck issue not collar bone.

I think he just wore himself out to fast dude was a beast for a few years
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 06:59 PM

I hope the injury doesn't affect his kneeling or arm in arm political statements.

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by junbengreat
I like LVE

what are you crazy
how can you like anybody in The NFL
Posted By: Resh

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

Both he and his agent deliberately lied to the team concerning a neck condition he developed when he was in college. He was damaged goods the day he was drafted and hid it from the team

Pretty bold, post a source?
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Reshelman

His neck issues were a known commodity. Scags is just trolling when he assigns the word "deliberately" to the conversation.

Cowboys have a pretty strong medical team to assess such issues. Then of course last night's injury has nothing to do with his cervical spine issues of which Scags was speaking of.

Then let's add Scags admiration of the Eagles and Giants organization even though he is quite knowledgeable in the sports areas. Take his post with a grain (or two) of salt.

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

His neck issues were a known commodity. Scags is just trolling when he assigns the word "deliberately" to the conversation.

Cowboys have a pretty strong medical team to assess such issues. Then of course last night's injury has nothing to do with his cervical spine issues of which Scags was speaking of.

Then let's add Scags admiration of the Eagles and Giants organization even though he is quite knowledgeable in the sports areas. Take his post with a grain (or two) of salt.

if its a new injury
thats even worse
cat needs to toughen up
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by RayBob

if its a new injury
thats even worse
cat needs to toughen up

Butch, it's a fractured collar bone ... stuff happens.

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 09:00 PM

LVE will be out 6-8 weeks, which seems short for a broken collarbone, especially for a linebacker. If he comes back, and that’s a big “IF”, I’d expect he’ll re-injure himself immediately just like Romo.

He lost much of last year to injury but I was hopeful he would return to his 2018 form. Tragically, that hope has been dashed on the rocks of despair as it appears he’ll miss half the season

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 09:00 PM

it happens to him all the time though

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 09:02 PM

LVE will be out 6-8 weeks, which seems short for a broken collarbone, especially for a linebacker. If he comes back, and that’s a big “IF”, I’d expect he’ll re-injure himself immediately just like Romo.

He lost much of last year to injury but I was hopeful he would return to his 2018 form. Tragically, that hope has been dashed on the rocks of despair as it appears he’ll miss half the season

fabulous
i would have given anything to have coined this

" Tragically, that hope has been dashed on the rocks of despair."

yes he will stay hurt
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 09:52 PM

Cowboy's doctors should have caught the condition during his physical before the draft.
Posted By: Snakeyes711

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 11:35 PM

Any old-timers remember Tommy Nobis? #1 overall pick out of UT-Austin. One of the toughest,rarely-injured LB's I ever saw.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/14/20 11:37 PM

The Great White Nope

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders

fabulous
i would have given anything to have coined this

" Tragically, that hope has been dashed on the rocks of despair."

yes he will stay hurt

I stole the “Tragically, that hope has...” line from another Cowboy site

Sounds good though
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 01:29 AM

LVE is not even close to good. Neither is “club foot”. Cowboys need to really look hard for some LB talent. Real quick too. Both of them made the bottom 10 LB list this week.

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
LVE is not even close to good. Neither is “club foot”. Cowboys need to really look hard for some LB talent. Real quick too. Both of them made the bottom 10 LB list this week.

Club foot, lol. I like that
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 04:34 PM

Sean Lee 2.0
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 04:38 PM

I understand that CeeDee was a very good value at the #17 (and a splashy and popular local regional pick); but this was my concern with drafting him instead of defense.
The Cowboys have a wealth of riches at WR, but their defense is fragile and not deep with back ups.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 05:13 PM

Don't you people realize Jerry Jones is a Hall of Famer. He's got this all figured out. Just you wait and see. They will be in the Superbowl by 2045, which is another 25 years! You have to be patient.

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

I understand that CeeDee was a very good value at the #17 (and a splashy and popular local regional pick); but this was my concern with drafting him instead of defense.
The Cowboys have a wealth of riches at WR, but their defense is fragile and not deep with back ups.

They would have been crazy to not take Lamb at 17, the NFL is all about the offense, Cooper has only 2 years on contract before the cowboys can let him go, he is injured quite a bit, Gallup is up for a new deal next year, you can get by with a marginal defense.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 05:35 PM

They have a few often hurt players. Jourdain Lewis is another one.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 06:51 PM

Collar bone kind of a random accident kind of injury that is maybe the most prevalent injury in all of tackle football...no one is predisposed to have that....just the nature of the sport. I'm just glad it wasn't neck related, then your ignorant rambling would be somewhat understandable.

They are greatly diminished on D without him. The Lee hate is equally stupid...he brings more just being around than most of the LBs on the roster do on the field. If he plays it's a bonus. You want to bitch about a player go watch that cap thief scrub Crawford get blown up every time he was out there

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Collar bone kind of a random accident kind of injury that is maybe the most prevalent injury in all of tackle football...no one is predisposed to have that....just the nature of the sport. I'm just glad it wasn't neck related, then your ignorant rambling would be somewhat understandable.

They are greatly diminished on D without him. The Lee hate is equally stupid...he brings more just being around than most of the LBs on the roster do on the field. If he plays it's a bonus. You want to bitch about a player go watch that cap thief scrub Crawford get blown up every time he was out there

i don't think anybody hates either 1 of them
how can you hate somebody who never plays

remember the song
"Your collarbones connected to the neck bone"
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Van Der Resch - 09/15/20 07:54 PM

Cowboys are better off losing as much as possible to get higher draft picks. They have zero chance of being SB champions this year - they need to decide if they want to continue the last 2 and a half decades of mediocrity or try to start building something better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum