Texas Fishing Forum

Old English bulldog

Posted By: basscaster46

Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 01:33 PM

Guys I have old English bulldog that is 8 years old. He was brought him home he started to bleed due to prolapse urethras.1500 dog from respected friends. I am old country boy was always instructed if you cannot get something at the farmers store just take your rifle cruel but cheap we were poor. First surgery 4000 he had 3 12000.
He is my dog now he has been labeled a dangerous animal by my vet in ovilla I have to take myself with materials to clean up tha carnage after every visit 700 a pop,.2 weeks in a row has sent wife to emergency room dog bites if she is drinking and crowds in on him and me ain’t happening. I’ve been out 20000 on him I’m cheap love dogs don’t want to hurt well I got COVID two weeks ago 60 years old redneck stayed in hospital again attempted to attack my while is was st Baylor for days.came home on oxygen 24 7 can’t go to work till end of august. Because I had knee replacement 1 27 2019 been down six months and diabled. Well all started Sunday night when I releanted and let him sleep on my bed with me had been doing that year because of injuries and now two weeks back to work COVID 2 weeks later life changed for me.
I was one shift away from ventilator an death.
Stayed Baylor Waxahachie 31/2 day ordeal from China he’ll.wheni finally got released it was Friday night I was released was some better but was on o2 almost all the time. Couldn’t make more than few steps without collapsing on chair to breath. He sensed I was week I lost 40 pounds stil weigh 250.6.1 and pretty sout but very weak with new pneumonia 50% right 75 % and scarred infection left I’m in bad shape.! Monday morning trying to make get off bed corner he fought me like a pissed of lineman.
Tore me up bite both hands and arms 20 minutes of me beating with my fist almost passed out. But managed to get him off. Downstairs put shocks collar on after additional blood bath fighting like a who didn’t back down got him outside . Then I thought about cattle prod I know it will knock him on his [censored] we raised cattle. Last resort I’m bleeding both are bite black n blue and still don’t want to kill and bury him in my field.
He is stressing me out . So what does the dog get the ,40 cal ,9mm or just beaten to death and bury in yard like my 85 year old dad said if they don’t have cow meds at gebo or attwood go take the first two ?
Y’all thoughts would. Be appreciative at wits end this dog has been trained to protect too well. Scared he kill me or family members he can’t be around children unpredictable he’s not a pit but he is a bulldog of epic and strong proportions. Labeled dangerous by vet no way to get rescue to take him now scared for safety for all .
J. D bang de

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 01:48 PM

If it ain’t family drama it’s family dog drama.
What a year hammer
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 02:04 PM

I think I got the jest of your post and cannot understand why the dog is still living.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 02:12 PM

Guy I have fought about this high price paid on dog. Just can’t bring myself to kill him
Just like putting a child in family or destroy it. I carry a handgun now whenever I’m around and so does son
I instructed him to shoot to kill gorilla tape to plugs holes in walls till morning. Can’t allow anyone contact without him being subdued. Exstremly unpredictable. Not salvageable in a form rescue won’t touch him.
Quess I know what to do

Posted By: Westside.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 02:45 PM

Interesting move
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 02:52 PM

I understand you don’t want to but someone needs to do what needs to be done-
I hope things get better for you aside from the dog though-
Worry about this situation can’t be good for your health-
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 02:55 PM

It’s difficult to make that decision, did it 3 months ago. I just knew it was time after a month of inner conflict and debate, just like you are doing now
Posted By: Brock Landers

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 03:53 PM

Reading this thread makes my head hurt. confused 3

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 08:46 PM

Trust me I’m hurt bad dog loves me only . Damn shame every dog comes here becomes mine someday.
I have spent so much money on him I have tranquililers . Enough to put him out and take care of the problem
With the 40 cal I live in county maybe sheriff won’t show.
J. D
flush
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/01/20 11:20 PM

"Scared he kill me or family members he can’t be around children unpredictable...."

I agree that the dog needs to be put down but I don't think you should deal with it in your present state of health . Talk to your vet and get enough tranquilizers to knock him out completely then arrange for someone to take care of him .
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 12:21 AM

Is his name axle?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 12:31 AM

You've got to give that dog a second chance.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 01:06 AM

So he attacked you, some kids, and your wife? I would’ve put a bullet in him on the first part of it. We live way out in the sticks, lotsa ppl dump dogs out here. My 70 pound male blue healer doesn’t take kind to aggressive dogs And will fight to the death and has and won every fight.
. I’m sorry sir, but you need to man up In this particular situation And do what you know needs to be done.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4

roflmao
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by lconn4

roflmao

Or a third?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 02:06 AM

Dog lives matter, hope he doesn’t kill you or your wife first.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 02:37 AM

where is the dog whisperer ? this would be an episode that I would watch , even on pay per view
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 02:42 AM

Someone who lives close should help him with this problem. No one wants to shoot their own dog.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 03:13 AM

I have no problem putting a dog or any other animal down if it did way less than this time bomb. It should have been maggot food long time ago. If it isn't taken care of quickly there is going to be a very gruesome event coming soon.
Posted By: Snug

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 04:05 AM

Has he been tested for rabies or cancer? Sounds like something has created this, unless he’s always been this way.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 04:23 AM

Hire him out for protest control and make back some of $$ you spent on his health issues. Sounds like a win win to me.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 04:37 AM

We have enough meds to knock him out just done it
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 09:48 AM

Sorry for your loss . . . . . .

God Bless . . . . .
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
We have enough meds to knock him out just done it

It had to be hard if you ever cared for him-
Hang in there, sounded like it needed to be done though-

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Gixxer1k
Is his name axle?

Believe it or not his name is Rocco like the looney tune dog.
He is black white merle color 90 lbs of pure muscular domination. I would post a pic but
Can’t remember how

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tneel
Hire him out for protest control and make back some of $$ you spent on his health issues. Sounds like a win win to me.

Now that’s funny unleash him in a crowed protest that would be YouTube gold.
If I could get him back to the unscathed. Because those dogs would be looking at him and vacate the premises. Once they figure out he ain’t their friend. And doesn’t like the type of people starring at him .
Puts people in hospital after he tears butt up ok my god. No cops allowed which cops would have to set on their hands and laugh hell he might get some kind state of t Texas dog awarded freedom medal.
Hell I might get an award for saving Texas. Might even get on talk show circle lol.
Retire and just parade Rocco around the state. Lol
J. D flag
pollo

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 12:07 PM

Hell I might get my own radio person like that redneck from gun barrel.
The one that open line was you know what makes me sick?
Tearing the wings off flies or something like that ‘ .
Just having with alll this .
J. D popcorn
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 03:06 PM

PM Bob Davis. He might be interested in an outside dog.
Posted By: lowew79

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 03:16 PM

You did the right thing it sounds like but I wonder what caused this in the first place? I can tell you that when I've owned big, powerful breed dogs like that, the key to keeping them calm and compliant for me was lots and lots of exercise. Vigorous walks, toys to roughhouse with, and the like. Worked wonders for my dogs in the past. They seem to get frustrated with pent up energy and will find an outlet if owners don't provide a safe one.

Not saying you did anything wrong, or that was the case here, just sharing my experiences.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by fishslime

He isn’t so much a outside dog he has been a problem child for a while. He stays in house only goes outside to do business. But he has been trained to hurt bad people and he can do it. Very unpleasant angry and mean to anyone that gets to close . No rescue will take him nor anyone I knows.
J. D

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by lowew79
You did the right thing it sounds like but I wonder what caused this in the first place? I can tell you that when I've owned big, powerful breed dogs like that, the key to keeping them calm and compliant for me was lots and lots of exercise. Vigorous walks, toys to roughhouse with, and the like. Worked wonders for my dogs in the past. They seem to get frustrated with pent up energy and will find an outlet if owners don't provide a safe one.

Not saying you did anything wrong, or that was the case here, just sharing my experiences.

No problem I’ve always had big dogs . When he was a pup he had some medical issues and since then it’s just gotten worse. My worst mistake was going against trainer and letting be at same level as me couch bed whatever.
Now he is the alpha and dominant around here I was told he needed shock collar 24 7 .
Never allowed to be around people unsupervised my mistake.
J. D
Posted By: TR176

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/02/20 11:20 PM

He isn’t so much a outside dog he has been a problem child for a while. He stays in house only goes outside to do business. But he has been trained to hurt bad people and he can do it. Very unpleasant angry and mean to anyone that gets to close . No rescue will take him nor anyone I knows.
J. D

Is this the bulldog that has no nose and legs about 8 inches long, slobbers, and can’t walk without huffing and and puffing, and can’t swim?

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by TR176

J. D

Is this the bulldog that has no nose and legs about 8 inches long, slobbers, and can’t walk without huffing and and puffing, and can’t swim?

No your talking about English bulldog short and loving. I have one of those too. The other is a breed of bulldog from England that was a much larger dog bread for bull baiting and other stuff.
They were bred out at some point but rebred into existence about 1975. My wife wanted a regular English bully for our young son. When she found that English bulldog has a lot of health problems. So in pops a old friend of a friend from Hallsville Texas
That was a breeder of the newer olde English bulldogs. Went saw the operation the males and female were massive his pop was probably 95 pounds. His mother was probably 75 pounds I don’t remember how many poop she had but a bunch and we picked out a black and white merle male don’t remember what we paid for exactly .
Bought the dog picked him up around Christmas. Got him home and almost immediately had medical issues. Guess he traumatized but same issue persists. Now is 95 pounds brodchested sleek skin tapering toward his rear legs proably close to 24 inches tall at the back. Very lean bite force probably close in line to a pit.
Now he is 8 years old alpha that we had professional trained to protect my home. No need for alarm.
I’m now older still a big man but he is able to handle me if I bow up .
If I don’t have equaled force. To tell you how determined this dog is my oldest son came by and was grabbing the youngest about 8 Rocco had a 6.2 grown man in the corner of my entry mauling him.
When I came downstairs he ceased. So have been a down hill spiral since. Just about everyone living in my home has been to emergency room at least once . So somehow he is just mine now nobody else.
Touches him or feeds him or anything if I’m not there . He will fight to the death I found out .
I have so many scars to prove what I’m telling you even my coworkers thought I was cutting myself lol.
I wasn’t so here I am with a monster of a beast that is one of the violent dogs I’ve ever seen.
So that’s about all I can say becareful with the type of animal you choose.
They are beautiful regal bulldog s but had no idea he was going to be a pit .bull like dog.
I have owned many large dogs German sheppards and yes got put down for attack.
Guys choose wisely we didn’t and I was to cheap to admit defeat after about 20000 and counting.
Plus doctors er visits for my family to count.
J. D
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 12:58 AM

So have you put him in the dirt yet or is he still ruling your household?

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 01:15 AM

Praying for your family because the dog's not the only one with issues .

You have any children there at the house ? Got a phone number / address ?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 03:25 PM

Even I would shoot this dog.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 04:56 PM

He gone
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 04:57 PM

He gone

good

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 04:59 PM

He gone now I’m traumatized because all the money I pissed away over the years all is good
Think I I’ll get a German shepherds lol
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 04:59 PM

He gone now I’m traumatized because all the money I pissed away over the years all is good

maybe you should get a lab. just saying.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 05:10 PM

Yeah they are much better dogs like weather and boats.
Bil raises them getting a pup next batch
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

maybe you should get a lab. just saying.

or a yorkie, hell anything under 20lbs
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 05:17 PM

He gone

This will please Bob Davis.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 05:25 PM

If you're really wanting a dog I would suggest some classes/training on how to live with one before you get a puppy . Please learn how to deal with issues before you adopt .
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/03/20 05:58 PM

I'll shoot your next one when the time comes.

Re: Old English bulldog - 08/04/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Siberman

If you're really wanting a dog I would suggest some classes/training on how to live with one before you get a puppy . Please learn how to deal with issues before you adopt .

We spent lots on professional training and social training to be around other dogs.
It didn’t take for some reason I never have miss treated an animal. He was not on chain in
Out in the weather . He was fed high dollar food no old Roy for him,.
Dog always fed well. He is the alpha
Done talking about it he’s gone
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum