Texas Fishing Forum

Sweden: The One Chart That Matters

Posted By: doctorxring

Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 05:45 AM

"The secret of Sweden’s success is that its experts settled on a strategy that was realistic, sustainable and science-based" --

click for story --

https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/sweden-the-one-chart-that-matters/

[Linked Image]

Posted By: K3913

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 06:15 AM

Don’t bring that crazy talk in here. Don’t you realize we have a presidential election to disrupt 3 months from now?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 06:30 AM

I fully enjoy the irony of a media outlet criticizing other media for having an agenda.
The Swedes are some of the most obedient, organized, and fit people on earth.
You tell them to distance, wear masks, exercise, eat healthy, and minimize groups to less than 50 and that’s what every Swede will do.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 10:55 AM

That’s good
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 11:13 AM

There is no pharmaceutical company profit in Sweeden's approach.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by John175☮
There is no pharmaceutical company profit in Sweeden's approach.

This for sure. Follow the money to get to the truth

Well stated Sir. Concise and to the point
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 12:00 PM

I think early on OKlahoma tried to do something very simular to Sweden but gave in to somepoint and did what most of the other states did.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 04:12 PM

When Sweden no.s are compared to those of Norway and Denmark, they don't hold up well at all. Many more reported cases and deaths than their neighbors.
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 04:15 PM

Comparing Sweden to NY, NY and MA isn't apples and apples. No mention of the density of the 4 places.

That said, it looks like they made the right choice.

JR
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 04:36 PM

Their approach is exactly the same as many others in the US had, unfortunately, politics and big pharma have ruled here.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 04:43 PM

I was hoping for some hot blondes
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 05:13 PM

You need to look at per capita deaths, Sweden has one of the highest death rates in Europe. Their economy also has suffered tremendously.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
You need to look at per capita deaths, Sweden has one of the highest death rates in Europe. Their economy also has suffered tremendously.

You're right...per capita, they are at 5th in the world for deaths from covid. They have a population of about 1/3 of Texas and have about 600 more deaths thus far.

It looks like they are on the right trend, death wise, and I pray they do not have a resurgence....
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 05:39 PM

This is exactly why we can not get past this. Rates are a garbage way to look at this. We should look at numbers. If you take 10 people with Corona and put them in New York, and 10 people with Corona and put them in Rhode Island, New York rate will be .0000000001 and RI rate will be higher. In 1 week every nursing home in New York will be wiped out and RI would have 11 people sick. Rate mean nothing, they spark fear and disinformation
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ
I was hoping for some hot blondes

Well...How did that turn out for you?
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

You're right...per capita, they are at 5th in the world for deaths from covid. They have a population of about 1/3 of Texas and have about 600 more deaths thus far.

It looks like they are on the right trend, death wise, and I pray they do not have a resurgence....

What are their CURRENT rates?
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 06:53 PM

If you read the data, it's not about how they faired, its the fact they have pretty much made it though it with not that many new cases.

In other words it's near ran its course provided I understand correctly. WIth that said, people can write anything they want right or wrong.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 08:40 PM

If you just want a pretty chart just make everybody line up and give them the virus. Our chart will look just like that one. Or we could try to save some lives over the course of the virus
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Sweden: The One Chart That Matters - 07/26/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

What are their CURRENT rates?
2 deaths per day...which is great. That's what I said. That's why I hope they don't have a resurgence. Two of my friends are Swedes and are home at the moment....dang sure don't want them to get it. One will be running in Tokyo next summer. He doesn't need that junk.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum