Texas Fishing Forum

pro or anti mask poll

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 05:39 PM

Posted By: Chris B

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:01 PM

Voted indifferent but think it’s a 100% stupid. I seriously doubt people are catching COVID walking from the front door of a restaurant to their table and vise versa.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:09 PM

Indifferent. I know scientifically it will not stop the virus but others think it will, I hope they don't bet their life on them. If I'm to wear a mask it will have to be mandatory.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:13 PM

Do the same poll on THF, I bet a lot more anti's over there...
Posted By: fishslime

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:14 PM

I wear one inside to give those around me peace of mind. Now that it's mandatory in McKinney, others have been forced to return the favor. Unfortunately, some people won't do the right thing unless they are made to.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:25 PM

I don't have an issue wearing the mask, I would rather be part of the solution not the problem. I'm not an expert, but I'm sure it helps some. How much does it help? I really don't know, not a 100%, but not zero % either.
Posted By: lanman71

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:25 PM

Up here in Horse Country USA, there are still quite a few holdouts on the mask, but when there's only like 10 people at a time in our little grocery store during peak hours, I think it'll be ok.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Voted indifferent but think it’s a 100% stupid. I seriously doubt people are catching COVID walking from the front door of a restaurant to their table and vise versa.

Same here
Posted By: hopalong

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:36 PM

voted indifferent, pretty sure y'all know my stance by now.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:39 PM

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

popcorn peep
Posted By: boocat

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:42 PM

Wear it or not, I don't really care that much about everyones opinion,, Does it help, you decide. But I know one thing , I could ( if I could) take you into the ICU with me were I work, show you a few things and some chest x-rays and put the fear in you. Those that are a little older and/or have coexisting conditions need to give this chit a little respect.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:43 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Roller22

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

I agree
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:04 PM

let me explain why I have no problem wearing a mask. On two different occasions I walked into a patient's room to do the chest xray on them. I was in a hurry to assist in getting them stabilized without waiting for their covid test (rapid 15 min test). both pt's had lung markings consistent of very active covid (full of pneumonia like markings). I had on my surgical mask, gloves, goggles (as this is the norm on every pt now). Pt had their surgical mask on. I am still to this day, covid free.. (knock on wood). I have performed imaging (CT/X-RAY) on hundreds of covid patients and have remained safe. The mask works. We see groups of families, or summer camps/etc, that are all covid positive because they were around each other for extended periods without masks. Take it as you want, but I am telling you that you will catch it if you get around a covid + person and neither are wearing masks. At some point in time, I personally think we will all have had the covid at one point. Its a very contagious virus, with symptoms that mimic the flu. On occasion, ppl with underlying conditions will suffer more severely (same as if they got the flu A). I am not a RN, or a MD.. these are just my opinions and observations without political or financial bias.
Posted By: boocat

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:08 PM

^ And I go home every day hoping I have protected myself well enough.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
let me explain why I have no problem wearing a mask. On two different occasions I walked into a patient's room to do the chest xray on them. I was in a hurry to assist in getting them stabilized without waiting for their covid test (rapid 15 min test). both pt's had lung markings consistent of very active covid (full of pneumonia like markings). I had on my surgical mask, gloves, goggles (as this is the norm on every pt now). Pt had their surgical mask on. I am still to this day, covid free.. (knock on wood). I have performed imaging (CT/X-RAY) on hundreds of covid patients and have remained safe. The mask works. We see groups of families, or summer camps/etc, that are all covid positive because they were around each other for extended periods without masks. Take it as you want, but I am telling you that you will catch it if you get around a covid + person and neither are wearing masks. At some point in time, I personally think we will all have had the covid at one point. Its a very contagious virus, with symptoms that mimic the flu. On occasion, ppl with underlying conditions will suffer more severely (same as if they got the flu A). I am not a RN, or a MD.. these are just my opinions and observations without political or financial bias.

You wearing a Buff? We expendables can't get the real masks.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:15 PM

Pro, I'm requiring it in my place. Pretty much anything to avoid a shut down, additionally I have been lucky and had no cases. If possible I would prefer it to stay that way. I draw the line at checking guests temps, I wont do that. Having a liquor liscense gives the state a hammer they can drop on you at any moment and a 30 day suspension for being a public health risk is something i would like to avoid as well.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:20 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Mark Perry

Where are all these non mask wearers at? It has been extremely rare to not see anyone complying the last 10-14 days
Posted By: Kattelyn

Extremely pro mask. I am immunocompromised and am extremely careful around the general public. Also around diabetics and other immunocompromised folks as well with the in laws. Just being smart about it and taking every reasonable precaution.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Where are all these non mask wearers at? It has been extremely rare to not see anyone complying the last 10-14 days

We had one guy Friday come in to order with his kid, we offered him one and he said he would take his bussines elsewhere. I look at it this way, there are probably 30 percent of the people who are really worked up over it, I would prefer not to behave in a way where you permanently lose their business by acting reckless. I have seen some place flaunting non compliance and I question that as a growth strategy.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:30 PM

John, I am lucky in the fact our mgt team keeps us supplied with PPE's. I wear a P-100 resuable mask for known covid pts. I use a single surgical mask per day, all day while at work. I do not wear it in my car or at home. I pray that I don't take it home. I undress in the garage and hit the shower when I get home, even before petting the dog. I am not in fear of my life, I am in fear of passing it to my wife or son and losing one or both- that would ruin me.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Pro, I'm requiring it in my place. Pretty much anything to avoid a shut down, additionally I have been lucky and had no cases. If possible I would prefer it to stay that way. I draw the line at checking guests temps, I wont do that. Having a liquor liscense gives the state a hammer they can drop on you at any moment and a 30 day suspension for being a public health risk is something i would like to avoid as well.

WAWI. when we first started testing pt's with the rapid antigen test- a LOT of them were asymptomatic and positive. Checking temps wont help, imo. You can look at them and if they look like they have the flu- most likely they are positive. of course, a test would confirm it.
Posted By: Jamoke

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:39 PM

I am a medical provider and I am pro mask, because there has to be something to this. I too have been exposed to numerous positive people in the course of my job, and I always wear my mask, mostly for my wife's safety. I have not (knock on wood) contracted this and No one I am close to has been positive. And for the most part, everyone who is positive does not believe in wearing masks or that this can be dangerous.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:42 PM

I am mask-resistant. If mandatory, I will wear one. Best I can tell is that a mask just diverts air flow from straight ahead to up past your nose and off to the sides of your face. If it doesn’t seal around your face, like my 3M woodworking mask with the filter attachments, it’s not a filter, but a diverter.

Went to lunch today in Waco. Went to the restaurant door and pulled up the mask. Walked 15’ to our table and pulled down the mask. Nobody in there eating had a mask on from the moment they sat down.

Now, if I worked in a hospital, I would wear a mask, or quit.
Posted By: lanman71

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:43 PM

Come on up to Aubrey and you'll find them. Went in the gas station yesterday and the 2 employees weren't wearing them. lol
Posted By: Trickster

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:44 PM

I voted twice. And it felt good.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:44 PM

John, I am lucky in the fact our mgt team keeps us supplied with PPE's. I wear a P-100 resuable mask for known covid pts. I use a single surgical mask per day, all day while at work. I do not wear it in my car or at home. I pray that I don't take it home. I undress in the garage and hit the shower when I get home, even before petting the dog. I am not in fear of my life, I am in fear of passing it to my wife or son and losing one or both- that would ruin me.

Smart man
Posted By: RayBob

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:47 PM

I'm wearing one everywhere in public buildings even though I wore them at work in the hospital and still got it.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:53 PM

If you can't catch Corvid-19 protesting or looting without a mask, surely one can't catch it setting 6 ft apart in a restaurant.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 07:55 PM

cheers

My wife and I generally isolate. We do most of our shopping early in the morning and get in, get the stuff and get out.

I have a grandson born during COVID and we do monitor our health so we can visit as often as possible. If I can't have 6 feet of separation I do wear a mask. I'm not anti-mask, I just have no illusion a Buff is a mask.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:03 PM

The few people I know of that caught covid all were mask wearers.

Destin FL is maybe 70/30 non mask. They are supposed to be mandated on the 22nd.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
If you can't catch Corvid-19 protesting or looting without a mask, surely one can't catch it setting 6 ft apart in a restaurant.

That's what you call a logical fallacy.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:07 PM

Me personally I’m indifferent leaning against. We are forced to at work.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:08 PM

I don't have a problem with the mask. If it makes people around me feel comfortable then I ok with it, if a store I need to go into requires it I don't mind, it's usually a few minutes and I'm back outside and can take it off.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:12 PM

In healthcare and have to wear mask, faceshield with every patient contact. In public I wear a mask as well but I don’t berate those that choose not to wear masks.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:14 PM

[Linked Image]

Careful out there, just sayin.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:24 PM

These comments from the medical workers should stamp out some of the armchair scientific thinking. If not, I don't know what it takes. That said, it probably won't.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:31 PM

if someone has covid 19 virus and sneezes or coughs in a business,if they have a mask on it should prevent them from releasing a clould of droplets into the air for somebody to walk through and become infected....common sense should tell all of us that wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of covid 19....
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:43 PM

Will ware one if a business requires it. Will also ware one if an emergency order is declared to ware a mask. May not like it but would do it if required.

. thumb

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

Destin FL is maybe 70/30 non mask. They are supposed to be mandated on the 22nd.

I was referring more to Texas. I know in DFW its rare to see someone without one on.
Posted By: 9094

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:51 PM

I'm indifferent. I believe that catching it is 99% inevitable just like measels, the flu, chicken pox and most other highly contaigous viruses. I also believe that once had it is very unlikely that I will catch it again. Even Dr Fauci has said that there is not a case of it reoccurring.
The longer we wear masks, and keep stuff closed the longer it will be a problem.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:52 PM

Don’t understand why they set a date on something this serious why not make it effective immediately!
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 08:55 PM

I was referring more to Texas. I know in DFW its rare to see someone without one on.

Went into a liquor store in Alvarado last week and very few people had one, none of the employees were wearing one taz
Posted By: pchapin

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 09:11 PM

You did not look very hard for the truth.

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin

You did not look very hard for the truth.

Increasing numbers of Houston residents have reportedly been diagnosed with COVID-19 after attending protests against the death of George Floyd.

Large protests began in the city days after the death of Houston native Floyd, an unarmed black man who died while police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25. Texas has been experiencing a surge of new COVID-19 cases. Harris County, which encompasses Houston, has been adding hundreds of new cases each day to the more than 17,000 total confirmed cases reported as of Monday.

Can't be true. Tallgrass says so. He even posted links.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 09:56 PM

Just got home from grocery shopping. They gave me one at the door. I stuck in my pocket and did my shopping.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by boocat
Wear it or not, I don't really care that much about everyones opinion,, Does it help, you decide. But I know one thing , I could ( if I could) take you into the ICU with me were I work, show you a few things and some chest x-rays and put the fear in you. Those that are a little older and/or have coexisting conditions need to give this chit a little respect.

Had it, and saw my x-rays.
It's not a death sentence. I'm 64 and healthy.
You don't want it but we have 200,000 people in Ellis country. 21 fatalities blamed on COVID.
Hardly worth shutting the country down and wearing a mask all the time.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 10:37 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
I don't have an issue wearing the mask, I would rather be part of the solution not the problem. I'm not an expert, but I'm sure it helps some. How much does it help? I really don't know, not a 100%, but not zero % either.

This^^^^^^
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

This^^^^^^

I would say that is an accurate statement for most. Masks can be detrimental if not taken off properly, cleaned or discarded and from what I've seen most are not wearing them correctly or change them daily.

Healthcare workers are obviously educated on the use of PPE, at best the general public has received mostly mixed messages and little information on proper use.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 11:11 PM

I respect the lives of all people. Therefore I wear a mask in case I get it and if they are wearing a mask there is a chance they will not get it. Those that choose not to wear one that is their choice and the consequences that might occur are on them.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 11:22 PM

I'm anti-mask but wear one in public because I believe we are to submit to the authorities...even though I strongly disagree with Abbott and hope he's voted out of office.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock

This^^^^^^

I would say that is an accurate statement for most. Masks can be detrimental if not taken off properly, cleaned or discarded and from what I've seen most are not wearing them correctly or change them daily.

Healthcare workers are obviously educated on the use of PPE, at best the general public has received mostly mixed messages and little information on proper use.

That is your opinion, just know that a large percentage of the medical world disagrees with you. But you know more than them. ok got it. hammer

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/20/20 11:27 PM

A large part think cloth masks are insufficient. So spare us the anti-science BS.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:06 AM

This^^^^^^

That is your opinion, just know that a large percentage of the medical world disagrees with you. But you know more than them. ok got it. hammer

So what part is it that the large percentage of the medical world disagrees with?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
Just got home from grocery shopping. They gave me one at the door. I stuck in my pocket and did my shopping.

Modern day Daredevil. Did not know they still exist.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:39 AM

Wear it if it’s required to do what I need to do but would rather not if it’s my choice.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:06 AM

This^^^^^^

He’s actually right on the money. There’s an interesting exercise with a black light that shows what egregious violators most people are regarding infection control standards. Even those of us trained in the prevention of cross contamination still end up with the invisible ink where it shouldn’t be. Watching most people use and handle their masks is laughable which is the reason there were so many mixed messages from “the experts.” The masks do seem to provide some level of protection to those around you that so far seems to outweigh the mishandling of the masks.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:41 AM

Common folk will not know how to handle a PPE mask, but wearing one “could” help and that’s why I wear one. We aren’t all professionals but if I can help prevent something “possibly” then why not. I’m not giving up any rights, I’m not giving into the “man” or government. I’m wearing a stupid mask that may help. Caring for your fellow man/woman can go a long way I’m today’s age.

Either way you spread it, in general, wearing a masks helps prevent the spread of germs so why the hell not.

flag
Posted By: Gusick

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:43 AM

Were condoms this controversial in the 1980s?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick

Condoms are only 85% effective at best. noidea
Posted By: JackMason

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by SgtDag
Common folk will not know how to handle a PPE mask, but wearing one “could” help and that’s why I wear one. We aren’t all professionals but if I can help prevent something “possibly” then why not. I’m not giving up any rights, I’m not giving into the “man” or government. I’m wearing a stupid mask that may help. Caring for your fellow man/woman can go a long way I’m today’s age.

Either way you spread it, in general, wearing a masks helps prevent the spread of germs so why the hell not.

flag

Perfectly said!

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Condoms are only 85% effective at best. noidea

Did you make that up, or did someone actually do a study? If so, I want to read their methodology.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 02:36 AM

Big gathering in Van Zandt county with no masks

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronav...aws-hundreds-most-without-masks/2409998/
Posted By: K3913

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 02:55 AM

Good for them!

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:03 AM

Wearing a mask is patriotic.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:04 AM

In the 60's they could not be marketed as birth control, only sold for the prevention of disease. I remember when every service station bathroom had the machines.
Posted By: K3913

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:06 AM

flag

Because where does this end?....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdYTiphXkAYIZrA?format=jpg&name=medium

We are now allowing government to threaten us while we are INSIDE OUR HOMES.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 04:44 AM

flag

100% agree with you!!
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 05:05 AM

My office is 1600 acres and my customers moo, I am so thankful that I don't have to deal with this nonsense on a regular basis. I have only worn a mask once and felt so claustrophobic I dang near gave myself a panic attack. The wife goes to town to buy the groceries, we have all our fuel delivered and still leave our doors unlocked during the day. I'm not sure what we are going to do with the kiddos when school starts, but I know one thing is for certain they are not going to be wearing masks 8 hrs. a day. I truly feel sorry for the people who's lives are affected daily by this mess and we pray daily for all of y'all.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:39 PM

Military Boys remember all the shots we got to and all the time we spent carrying or wearing a mask. This ain't nothing but another thing. It sucks that our country has created an environment where trust is all but gone.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:40 PM

The results of this poll are encouraging. I think most people are in the same place mentally on this. Mask are no guarantee of safety, but they probably help the situation on the whole. Everyone is fatigued from this pandemic and it's good to see folks are willing to do whatever small things they can to keep the economy open and our friends, family, and neighbors safe.

cheers
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Military Boys remember all the shots we got to and all the time we spent carrying or wearing a mask. This ain't nothing but another thing. It sucks that our country has created an environment where trust is all but gone.

Amen.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The results of this poll are encouraging. I think most people are in the same place mentally on this. Mask are no guarantee of safety, but they probably help the situation on the whole. Everyone is fatigued from this pandemic and it's good to see folks are willing to do whatever small things they can to keep the economy open and our friends, family, and neighbors safe.

cheers

Agree 100%!

What pisses me off are the ones ignoring what we need to do. There are businesses that are still ignoring the guidelines intentionally by not following capacity limits, social distancing and requiring masks. Those businesses think they're sticking to the man, but the reality is they're really sticking to everyone else trying to make a difference. They need to be held accountable as does anyone else blatantly ignoring the guidelines. That gathering up in Van Zandt County really gets me po'ed. Should of never happened.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Duke 22
My office is 1600 acres and my customers moo, I am so thankful that I don't have to deal with this nonsense on a regular basis. I have only worn a mask once and felt so claustrophobic I dang near gave myself a panic attack. The wife goes to town to buy the groceries, we have all our fuel delivered and still leave our doors unlocked during the day. I'm not sure what we are going to do with the kiddos when school starts, but I know one thing is for certain they are not going to be wearing masks 8 hrs. a day. I truly feel sorry for the people who's lives are affected daily by this mess and we pray daily for all of y'all.

^^^^^^^^this and welcome to the country, we re purpose everything flag peep
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCTX

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:52 PM

The more people wearing masks, the more effective the prevention. Agree, one person wearing a mask out of 100 isn't very effective, but 100 people out of 100 people wearing a mask significantly reduces spread.
You need to do whatever you can to keep your family, coworkers, and community healthy.
The fitter our community, the more people can work, and the stronger our country and economy.
The more people healthy enough to work, the more tax revenue, and the more the government can spend on infrastructure and defense.

Wearing a mask is somewhat effective, but also promotes other pro active hygiene habits. If people see others wearing masks, they are more likely to wash hands, sterilize surfaces, cover coughs/sneezes, etc.

The sicker our population, especially the elderly, the more federal dollars are spent on Medicare. The average end of life cost per person in America is $12,000. Our debt and Medicare funding is already tenuous.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 01:56 PM

Only if required!
Posted By: Leonardo1

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line

This is my issue! Can't believe anything you see or read and doesn't matter who is putting the information out. It's all been manipulated or agenda based, therefore I can't truly educate myself to make my own decision that I feel comfortable with. I wear a mask when it's required and will continue to do so.

One thing I will say is there are a lot more positive cases because there are a lot more tests being completed each day. Doesn't mean the risk is any higher than it was on Day 1.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:19 PM

The testing and mask wearing aren't perfect, but it's the best we have currently.
Common sense that there is a higher risk of contracting an oropharangeal/respiratory virus with someone talking in your face from 1 foot away not wearing a masks vs two people talking, both wearing masks 6-10 feet away.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 03:33 PM

Growing Body of Evidence Suggests Masks Protect Those Wearing Them

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 10:53 PM

Or you could wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze and stay the frick home if you have symptoms.
Posted By: 9094

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
The testing and mask wearing aren't perfect, but it's the best we have currently.
Common sense that there is a higher risk of contracting an oropharangeal/respiratory virus with someone talking in your face from 1 foot away not wearing a masks vs two people talking, both wearing masks 6-10 feet away.

Mask or not I don’t tolerate close talkers!
About a full arms length is as close as I have ever allowed.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 11:28 PM

^^^ and social distance

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 11:44 PM

Be careful who you confront over not wearing a mask.

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronav...YxSjTj6OVsEpf1oj9PtMiiSqHH4oI60VlWL5r84k
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/21/20 11:59 PM

Is that last lady in the video drunk? Dear god that was a bad look on her for family. roflmao
Posted By: rj74955

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/22/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark

Is that last lady in the video drunk? Dear god that was a bad look on her for family. roflmao

roflmao best part of the video.

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/22/20 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Coach Hark

Pure greatness. That is how mask Karens act though. They need to police themselves first..... roflmao

Re: pro or anti mask poll - 07/22/20 01:51 AM

Ya'll should be wearing masks at home...

"A study published in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on July 16 looked in detail at 5,706 "index patients" who had tested positive for the coronavirus and more than 59,000 people who came into contact with them.

The findings showed just two out of 100 infected people had caught the virus from non-household contacts, while one in 10 had contracted the disease from their own families."

https://news.trust.org/item/20200721113713-a9lu2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum